Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? (6711 Views)

Am I Enslaved? Why Do I Find Caucasian Looking Men Much More Attractive? (pics) / Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. / Can U Date And Marry A Guy Who Sags His Trousers And Wears Ear Rings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by xgel: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2011
Women: Do you find good looking men with ear rings more attractive?
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by obowunmi(m): 2:36am On Mar 24, 2011
Earrings are childish and immature.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 197(f): 2:47am On Mar 24, 2011
obowunmi:

Earrings are childish and immature.
cool cool

Gbam
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 24, 2011
Depends.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 197(f): 3:37am On Mar 24, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 24, 2011
@topic hell yes!
maybe it's because I am Jamo but
I like my dude to have both ears pierced [with tatoos.]

my son will have his ears pierced as a newborn. trust me.
i dont care who likes it or not, i LOVE IT!  cool
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Atreides(f): 5:47am On Mar 24, 2011
Nope.
I like guys who are clean-shaven.
Most times guys with ear-rings are viewed as irresponsible.
I know earrings doesn't necessarily mean the wearer is irresponsible,but that's the way most Nigerians will see it.
The way you dress creates an impression in the minds of people who see you,and whether this impression is right or wrong-it doesn't matter cos it'll stick.
If two men with the exact same qualifications came to me looking for a job,one wearing earrings and the other not,i would definitely hire the one without ear-rings. I might not even consciously know why i picked one over the other,but at the end of the day,Mr. Earring will go home jobless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by InkedNerd(f): 7:44am On Mar 24, 2011
@OP: Hmmm, I guess it depends on how the person looks.

Atreides:

Nope.
I know earrings doesn't necessarily mean the wearer is irresponsible,but that's the way most Nigerians will see it.
The way you dress creates an impression in the minds of people who see you,and whether this impression is right or wrong-it doesn't matter cos it'll stick.
If two men with the exact same qualifications came to me looking for a job,one wearing earrings and the other not,i would definitely hire the one without ear-rings. I might not even consciously know why i picked one over the other,but at the end of the day,Mr. Earring will go home jobless.

So if the guy with the earring is qualified and the guy without the earring is under quailed you would disregard the first guy simply because he has an earring?
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by eridah2007(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2011
Atreides:

Nope.
If two men with the exact same qualifications came to me looking for a job
,one wearing earrings and the other not,i would definitely hire the one without ear-rings. I might not even consciously know why i picked one over the other,but at the end of the day,Mr. Earring will go home jobless.
IMO,i think thay's fair cheesy

1 Like

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by eridah2007(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2011
at the end of the day,Mr. Earring will go home jobless. grin grin
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by tunnytox(m): 8:55am On Mar 24, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

@topic hell yes!
maybe it's because I am Jamo but
I like my dude to have both ears pierced [with tatoos.]

my son will have his ears pierced as a newborn. trust me.
i dont care who likes it or not, i LOVE IT!
  cool

More reason why i appreciate diversity grin grin In Nigeria men with earings, bizarre haircuts, smokers (especially those who smoke with impunity) are considered irresponsible. I understand your point and i appreciate your view judging by your Jamo background but this is one of the reason why a well brought up and culturally orientated Nigeria will never marry a jamo. The other day I saw a small boy in the bus with his hair plaited and ear peirced, as I was telling his mother what a beautiful GIRL she is! the mother sreamed! and corrected me that her baby is a boy and not a girl, i apologise for my oversight but a child with his hair plaited and a earing will automatically be seen to me as a girl except I could see the difference in other way.

Atreides:

Nope.

Lol, but I will honestly do the same but if the one without earing is not competent enough I will rather not give the job to either of them I will advertise gain for the post unitl i can get some responsible individuals. (If I am hiring staffs in the UK that will be a different story and approach but in Naija NEVER!)
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Atreides(f): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Hmmm, I guess it depends on how the person looks.

So if the guy with the earring is qualified and the guy without the earring is under quailed you would disregard the first guy simply because he has an earring?

To hire someone whom i know is under-qualified would be s.tupid and less profitable(and i don't mess with my money),ear-ring or not.
If the one without earrings is underqualified i wouldn't hire him. I would simply do a second round of interviews and get better qualified candidates.
I used the example of two men with the exact same qualifications because in that situation,they are evenly matched and it could be something little(in this case earrings)that swings it one way or the other.
It could also be something like braids-again because in the Nigerian society we are conditioned to view braids on a man as irresponsible.
It could be bad dressing,it could be something as simple as the candidate wearing unpolished shoes.
When in that situation you have to make a choice,and it could be little things(whether you notice them consciously or subconsciously) that make you choose one over the other.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Mamken(f): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2011
earrings r made for women and teenies wich want to imitade gangsta, hip hop, blinky blink super stars. . . .  undecided
but sincerly, nothing for a real MAN!
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 10:31am On Mar 24, 2011
I know the american ladies on here will definately support men with ear-rings & they don't give a fcukk about what ppl may say cos its in a society where they're all grown up with and i like it like that for being straight forward like MzDarkskin, Inked_Nerd etc on here gbam!!

In Nigeria, we have so many HYPOCRITEs thats one of the majority reason why this country can never develop, if a man with ear-rings, 30-tattooes & who also braid his hair has this MONEY then they'll definately classify you as a responsible guy, caring, charming, prince & al sorts of sweet names for d dude all in the name of money most especially from these nigerian ladies.

But if you're guy with ear-rings seek for job here, then he's an irresponsible guy to get the job, well we all know its normal to present yourself better whenever you're looking for a job but hypocrite are just too much in 9ja

Lastly, a wealthy tattoo guy with ear-rings on his ear lobs who's richer than a gov can even slap a governor here & will still win the case cos he's the one the judge will see as a responsible one in the society with him not guilty of the charge.

1 Like

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2011
tunnytox:

More reason why i appreciate diversity  grin grin In Nigeria men with earings, bizarre haircuts, smokers (especially those who smoke with impunity) are considered irresponsible. I understand your point and i appreciate your view judging by your Jamo background but this is one of the reason why a well brought up and culturally orientated Nigeria will never marry a jamo. The other day I saw a small boy in the bus with his hair plaited and ear peirced, as I was telling his mother what a beautiful GIRL she is! the mother sreamed! and corrected me that her baby is a boy and not a girl, i apologise for my oversight but a child with his hair plaited and a earing will automatically be seen to me as a girl except I could see the difference in other way.

and that is nice. if you think marrying a Nigerian is a prize or the ultimate goal of a Jamaican much less to impress you all, you my friend
are VERY deluded. We Jamaicans are exciting people who believe in self expression. That is what makes our island a top destination for partying/having a good time and it is what built our foundation be it reggae/dancehall; the fact that we rebel - do our own thing. Some Jamaican men know when and where to wear their braids and earrings and some do it all of the time but to imply that they are jobless and irresponsible? black ppl are judged for our skin as it is the last thing we need are "stush" (stuck up) ones with little to offer themselves or the world for that matter looking down on others.  lipsrsealed Let's face it, it's part of our culture and I don't see it going anywhere. Thank God!  cool If you are implying that all Jamaican boys look like women because of cornrows, I wonder what type of women you date  lipsrsealed

Tosinville:

In Nigeria, we have so many [size=18pt]HYPOCRITES[/size] thats one of the majority reason why this country can never develop, if a man with ear-rings, 30-tattooes & who also braid his hair has this MONEY then they'll definately classify you as a responsible guy, caring, charming, prince & al sorts of sweet names for d dude all in the name of money most especially from these nigerian ladies.

But if you're guy with ear-rings seek for job here, then he's an irresponsible guy to get the job, well we all know its normal to present yourself better whenever you're looking for a job but hypocrite are just too much in 9ja

GBAM. THANK YOU! Tell dem bout dem clot!  wink smiley

how in the FCK can someone 'LOOK' irresponsible? wth is wrong with some ppl?  undecided
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2011
I need a place where their YES is YES & their NO is NO asap who don't care about how much money you have.

@Atreides, if someone like Joseph Yobo our multi-millionaire football player with his ear-rings walk down to u & ask u out, you'll say YES immediately without hesitating & your folks will be planning for marriage whilst d dude is not even ready yet for that lol
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 10:51am On Mar 24, 2011
A poor or an unemployment guy with ear-rings is an irresponsible fellow to them here lol
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by jaybee3(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2011
To back up Atriedes's claim:http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article/CB-462-Interview-Tips-What-Not-to-Wear-to-an-Interview/

Most employers do look at appearance as the first point of call before grilling on the substance.
Their is a reason why you'd struggle to find men with open tattoes and bling blings in corporate environment
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Atreides(f): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2011
Tosinville:

I need a place where their YES is YES & their NO is NO asap who don't care about how much money you have.

@Atreides, if someone like Joseph Yobo our multi-millionaire football player with his ear-rings walk down to u & ask u out, you'll say YES immediately without hesitating & your folks will be planning for marriage whilst d dude is not even ready yet for that lol

See this is what i don't like-people talking like they know me when they know NOTHING about me.
NOTHING,geddit? You cannot know how i would react in different situations,and you cannot say that i would say YES immediately. If you wanna talk about random girls then sure,there are hypocritical and materialistic girls who don't care about anything as long as money is involved,but you have NO RIGHT and NO BASIS to imply i'm one of them. Make your point with random girls-don't involve me. I do not like guys with earrings. Some women might find that attractive and that's good for them,but i don't.
Whether he's rich or not has nothing to do with it-i find earrings unattractive so i wouldn't say yes.
In the same vein,i find potbellies and old men unattractive,and if a 65 year old man with a belly as big as a garbage can asks me out,i would say no,whether he's rich or nor.
Sure there are girls who would say yes,but that's not me so next time don't write stuff like you know the kinda person i am,ok?

1 Like

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Atreides(f): 11:09am On Mar 24, 2011
Tosinville:

A poor or an unemployment guy with ear-rings is an irresponsible fellow to them here lol

Why are you so hung up on money?
And i hope you know that not everybody looking for a job is poor or even necessarily unemployed. They might want a higher-paying job,a job with better benefits,a better working condition etc-even if they already have a job.
Whether you choose to accept it or not,the simple fact is that in Nigeria men who weave their hair and put on ear-rings are viewed as irresponsible.
How many male bankers have you seen wearing earrings?
How many male lawyers have you seen wearing earrings?
How many male accountants have you seen wearing earrings?
How many men in the corporate world have you seen wearing earrings?
In Nigeria men who wear earrings are generally viewed as ireesponsible.

1 Like

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2011
@atreides
ole lol so you mean you can date Yobo with ear-ring? you see the reasons why i said we have so many hypocrite in nigeria most especially with these nigerian girls, wondering why would you hook up with a Yobo with ear-rings with since you don't fancy guys with ear-rings at all, madam?
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2011
You wouldn't date him? ok keep pretending yourself.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Tosinville(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2011
When the sincere nigerian girls come up to this topic then i'll use them as an example but i know nigerian girls will never let out the truth here cos they aren't straight forward themselves.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by Atreides(f): 11:20am On Mar 24, 2011
Where did i say i would date a guy with earrings if he's rich? Please re-read what i posted.
I know this seems confusing to you,but some girls mean what they say.
Now if you don't wanna believe that not everyone is controlled by money and the idea of getting it,that's all well and good.
Just don't make sweeping statements about me,okay.
If you wanna use random hypocritical girls as an example,then do that-because there are definitely girls like that out there.
Just don't involve me,k?
Tosinville:

You wouldn't date him? ok keep pretending yourself.
Now if i was the kinda person who fights up and down Nl,i would have gotten rude in replying to this,because this statement is verry offensive. How can you say i'm pretending when you don't know who i am? How can you possibly tell if i'm pretending when you have no idea of the real me?

1 Like

Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 190: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2011
JUDGING FROM THE AFRICAN ASPECT OF THINGS

Well sincerely speaking i find guys who wear ear-rings quite cool
but i dont really dig them

I find them childish, i mean we aint just talking about the situation on ground now, take a good look at things on the long run

say 2-3yrs from now and you get yourself a well paying Job in which customers get to confide in you, are y'all now telling me now you

get to run your Jobs on earings and braid's and what kind of message are u trying to pass across to your customer's, if you are into modelling stuff

You can pierce your ears as much rings it could take you but if you know u're just doing it to be cool and probably know u aint into carrer development

then what do you need it for, Life is already too hectic to start worrying about having ears pierced and skin tattooed ( ever heard of skin cancer )

thats why i simply shake my head each time i see guys running around with zombie like tatoo's and ear-rings cos they are taking things just for

the moment and certainly not about the future, ear-rings can be taken off during office hours but what happen's to braids 
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by tunnytox(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
@mzdarkskin
Do you really read my post at all or just find it convenient to give a reply in haste? I stated that in Nigeria (not elsewhere) on the impression we have about guys with earrings but here you are talking about me being deluded. You have to realise that I don't have to agree with any of your views and to be honest I will rather relate to people who REASON and not with people who REBEL. As for you wondering about the set of people I date why don't you leave that to me to worry about? One thing I know very sure is that I can never date a Jamo either in this world or the world to come, I have no problem with them but and I respect their culture but I just find it more comfortable to date from my own people.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by SteLette(f): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2011
it can look gorg on some guys, especially the small diamond studs, Althought I understand the thing about looking irresponsible and it being childish,
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by obowunmi(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2011
190 touches on very good points. The health risks associated with this.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 190: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
tunnytox:

@mzdarkskin
Do you really read my post at all or just find it convenient to give a reply in haste? I stated that in Nigeria (not elsewhere) on the impression we have about guys with earrings but here you are talking about me being deluded. You have to realise that I don't have to agree with any of your views and to be honest I will rather relate to people who REASON and not with people who REBEL. As for you wondering about the set of people I date why don't you leave that to me to worry about? One thing I know very sure is that I can never date a Jamo either in this world or the world to come, I have no problem with them but and I respect their culture but I just find it more comfortable to date from my own people.

undecided undecided
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 190: 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
*SteLette*:

it can look gorg on some guys, especially the small diamond studs, Althought I understand the thing about looking irresponsible and it being childish,

Same thing i share exactly I like it but i just dont see myself doing it

but anyways people are different and everyone hav their lives to worry about, so we all shouldn't Judge anyone who decides

to go down to the level of wearing chain ear-rings and having hair braided and skin tattoed, i have more than enough things to worry bout

not to start thinking of these things  cheesy
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by bebe4u(f): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2011
I love good looking clean guys that accentuate their looks with earrings (diamond studs, not loop earrings).

in some coporate environment it doesnt fit in . But after work its cool for me. That being said i share some sentiments with people about irresponsibility of a guy wearing earring while he is looking for a job because i certainly will not do business with a bank / insurance if i walk in and see a an earing male staff . on the other hand i dont see anything wrong with a guy wearing earring in my office (multinational company) or a sales rep in an auto shop etc as its a different setting altogether.
Re: Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? by 190: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
bebe4u:

I love good looking clean guys that accentuate their looks with earrings (diamond studs, not loop earrings).

in some coporate environment it doesnt fit in . But after work its cool for me. That being said i share some sentiments with people about irresponsibility of a guy wearing earring while he is looking for a job because i certainly will not do business with a bank / insurance if i walk in and see a an earing male staff . on the other hand i dont see anything wrong with a guy wearing earring in my office (multinational company) or a sales rep in an auto shop etc as its a different setting altogether.

simples cool cool

but every one to their own tent anyways

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Sucking Your Wife’s Breast Doctor Warns / Help, My Dick Has Reduced Drastically / My Husband Has Refused To Kiss Me: See Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.