Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century (22119 Views)

Mane And Salah Reveal Their 'idols' / Antonio Conte Battling To Recover $27 Million He Lost To A Scammer / UEFA Team Of The Season: Ronaldo, Messi And Salah Leads Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Noah94(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
The twenty first century just started twenty years ago and we aren't halfway through this century, isn't it too early to have such an award category?? undecided
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by flamingREED(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Who's Salah?

Neither name Messi nor Cr7 as that would be a robbery to the other.

Let today's match decide it.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Cousin9999: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2020

[img]https://i./7ugi.gif[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Numerouno94(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
Etumgbe:
Whoever puts Salah's name there will never make heaven

Lol, na fight?. Well its called grace.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by ThierryJay: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Dubai Globe Awards (Where CR7 has a personal stake in) , Marca (Real Madrid Newspaper), Salah ??

This award na wash. Are they telling me that between 2001 - 2020, Salah has been overall better than Neymar, Zidane, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Kaka, Figo, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Eto'o, Thierry Henry, Lewandoswski, Aguero, Xavi, Robben?

Again, this award lacks genuine credibility and has CR7 Arabian ass-licking written all over it.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Heffalump(m): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Another round of comparison undecided
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by 2seventeen(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Are there up to 230 countries in the world?
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by PharaohMusa: 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
wisdom Gem speaking OG I believe

cool
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wetin sala dey do for there na

Messiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

The day I realized Lionel messi was something else...was the day he scored the third goal against real betis
Damnnnn....mehnn..you all need to see that goal..you all will shed tears..it was as if he applied the law of projectile[ physics]
And for some pussy ass niggarrs that keep saying he should leave Barcelona to show he his good...i will say those pussy ass niggarrs should tell their biological mother to leave their father and get pregnant for another man to show that she is really fertile..
Because Lionel messi has single handedly conquered almost all clubs in the world...so what do these pussy ass niggarrs still want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by FuckThaMod: 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
anigbajumo:
If it will be judged by goal, Leo has better goal ratio

If it will be judged by trophy, Leo has more trophies despite played less matches than Ronaldo

If it will be judged by Golden boot, leo has more European golden boot despite being a playmaker

If it will be judged by FIFA best player, Leo has 6 Ronaldo has 5

If it will be judged by MOTM award, leo has more man of the match award despite playing less matches

If it will be judged by assist, Leo has more assists despite played less matches than Ronaldo

If it will be judged by tournament awards, Leo has more international awards than both of them combined

If it wi be judged by international trophy leo won u-20 WC, Olympic medal and 2010 runner up...

If it will be judged by the player that shared
dressing room with both of them, 90% pick Leo over Ronaldo

If it will be judged by Football legends, Coaches and Journalist verdict, most of them luck Leo

The only things Ronaldo has more than Messi is UCL but guess wat VAR is now available to checkmate offside goals and No Bale or Ramos to do the dirty work for him again

Who are u from Nigeria that knows nothing about football that will choose Ronaldo over Messi, imagine someone that can still win Man of the match award if Barca win by 5 goals to nil without scoring a single goal, that means he is more than goalscorer, he is complete player ever.
You're trying extremely hard.. If Messi truly was the GOAT, you wouldn't be this bothered. You mean only Nigerians prefer Ronaldo? That's where i knew you are in pains

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by mmsen: 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Salah is not in the same class as Ronaldinho, Messi or Ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by anigbajumo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:

You're trying extremely hard.. If Messi truly was the GOAT, you wouldn't be this bothered. You mean only Nigerians prefer Ronaldo? That's where i knew you are in pains

I only analyse fact, you could av prove me wrong with ur stats that will counter my point not by fictitious assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by dazzlingd(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
What's mohammed salah doing there
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Toks2008(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2020
obembet:

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/12/08/5fcf6d8b22601d5f638b45dd.html

I wonder why Ronaldinho go lose focus.... That guy is far better than all these guys put together...

1 Like

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Skyfly007: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
Since this particular award will be voted by fans, then Ronaldo will win by a landslide...

He is the most loved with the highest number of followers and fans!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by FuckThaMod: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
anigbajumo:

I only analyse fact, you could av prove me wrong with ur stats that will counter my point not by fictitious assumptions.
Which facts? Where's the facts that only Nigerians support CR7 as the GOAT? Where's the fact that Messi switched clubs and found it easy to have higher ratio? Where is the fact he didn't play with better players for most of his significant part of his career? You are simply not logical and hence any further reply from you will be thrown into the bin.
CR7 went against all odds and that's why he's the true GOAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Smashspesh(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
anigbajumo:

No mind am joor. He has no stats rather than usual rambling that Ronaldo played in Europe, Africa and Jupiter shit.

He won't give stats.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by optimusprime2(m): 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
Salah ke?
When did that one start sef? shocked

Oooh Lawwwwwwwd, look... infact I really hate nonsense...
Player of the century award is up for grabs and Salah is on the list shocked

If a Liverpool player had to be mentioned why not leave it at St Gerrard?
I personally rate Sadio Mane higher than Salah, so I really don't get it?
How?

Like, is this a joke??
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by AroleOduduwa2: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
No disrespect to salah, but he’s in the wrong mix
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by sammuell(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2020
KunleyY19:
Salah and century cannot be in the same sentence.
Bros u wicked
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by zudozz: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
Lionel Messi is the best player of this generation. You all should stop wasting people's energy comparing sleep with death!

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by focus7: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
Messi is not qualified in any way
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Danny50: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... What is that dwarf and salah doing there, CR7 should be given that award already.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Hoodyrich(m): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
Okay i would tell you what.

Barca is gonna drill Juventus today..yeah they would be laid to rest.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by optimusprime2(m): 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
crazygod:
All those ignorant posters there questioning why Salah was nominated know nothing. Liverpool was going down but in 2017, with the signing of Salah, Liverpool started playing sweet exotic football. 2017 alone, he was on the lips of every football lovers. Definitely we all know he has no chance against messi and CR7 but abeg he deserves to be nominated.
I have a question for you... between Salah and Sadio Mane, who is a more complete player?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by frankson1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
emmabest2000:
There's no need for comparison among them ...

All football legends has one thing in common

They wrote there names with golden pen both in their clubs and countries
PELE
MARADONA

Now tell me who among these three players that has the same thing in common like they two football legends I mention above ?

Please give honor to whom the honor is due grin

Ronaldo is the only GOAT

I dunno what Salah's name is doing on the list. This is player of the Century.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Joshmanuel10(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
Salah
Messi ways
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
DrayZee:

Real Madrid has been named Club of the Century before.

Meanwhile they’ve come again to put Salah’s name in something he doesn’t deserve. Same way they robbed Ronaldo/Bale of the 2018 Puskas and gave it to Salah for a goal nobody even remembers.

CR7 for the win.

That was 20th century...after the 20th century had ended....after which it was impossible to have another club of the 20th century
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by frankson1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
No disrespect to salah, but he’s in the wrong mix

Very very wrong. It is wrong to have compared him with CR7 and Messi in the first place.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by frankson1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
optimusprime2:
Salah ke?
When did that one start sef? shocked

Oooh Lawwwwwwwd, look... infact I really hate nonsense...
Player of the century award is up for grabs and Salah is on the list shocked

If a Liverpool player had to be mentioned why not leave it at St Gerrard?
I personally rate Sadio Mane higher than Salah, so I really don't get it?
How?

Like, is this a joke??

You sabi football jare.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by frankson1(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
crazygod:
All those ignorant posters there questioning why Salah was nominated know nothing. Liverpool was going down but in 2017, with the signing of Salah, Liverpool started playing sweet exotic football. 2017 alone, he was on the lips of every football lovers. Definitely we all know he has no chance against messi and CR7 but abeg he deserves to be nominated.

Mr. Crazygod, put Salah's statistics side-by-side with CR7 and Messi from the year you mentioned and be honest with yourself.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by anigbajumo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Which facts? Where's the facts that only Nigerians support CR7 as the GOAT? Where's the fact that Messi switched clubs and found it easy to have higher ratio? Where is the fact he didn't play with better players for most of his significant part of his career? You are simply not logical and hence any further reply from you will be thrown into the bin.
CR7 went against all odds and that's why he's the true GOAT.

True goat in ur beer parlor analysis, counter my analysis with stats and proved me wrong sir..Messi won UCL after Xavi and neymer left Barca, iniesta was even inconsistent then....He won ballond'or after Xavi and iniesta left, I guess is the same xavi and iniesta that made him Argentina all time leading goal scorer, Ronaldo is just a goal scorer nothing exception about him.
Re: Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century by FuckThaMod: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
[s]
anigbajumo:

True goat in ur beer parlor analysis, counter my analysis with stats and proved me wrong sir..Messi won UCL after Xavi and neymer left Barca, iniesta was even inconsistent then....He won ballond'or after Xavi and iniesta left, I guess is the same xavi and iniesta that made him Argentina all time leading goal scorer, Ronaldo is just a goal scorer nothing exception about him.
[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again / I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero / Pictures And Videos Of The 7th Asisat Oshoala Football Clinic & All-Star Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.