Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl (2651 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Chubby Ladies On Nairaland,pls Share Your Love Life Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by tascoray(m): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2007
Its about this Girl I really love. We've been friends for a while, but I intend carring this to the next level (You know what I mean). I text'd her one day and declared my love for her.

Some days later, she text'd me saying I should stop calling her, and that we are know more friends. I asked her why she said so, and she said its because I told her i love her.

Ever since, she refuses to pick my call. And this is a girl I love with my whole HEART!

I need everyones advice on this.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by PTBNaija(f): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2007
It's because you surprised her with that. And maybe she thinks love is more than just something you can JUST say. Love really is powerful word, that's why I'm so surprised how people through that around. And maybe she's not looking for a relationship and the trouble that comes with having a friend who likes you might not be that much worth it.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by proverbial: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2007
She's right, usually girls play that affectionate emotional card, and I guess you caught her off base with it. Especially through a text message, wow shocked.
There's this thing that guys aren't supposed to be all "lovey dovey" read up on that it might help you. undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2007
Everything is wrong! Why didn't you add your account number and password?

Jokes apart: I nor know wetin be her problem. Those types of girls dey annoy me. Just say what's on your mind and stop fronting. "It's because u said u love me" and so what? That's not a reason. If I knew that girl I for don send am "lovely" text!
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by MILITIA(f): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2007
Yes!  Everything is wrong when you declare your "love" with empty pocket!  I will not return those kind of calls too! cool  Na love I go chop? shocked Soup wen sweet, na money kill am oh! cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by MP007(m): 1:55am On Jun 30, 2007
there is nothing wrong . this stupid post just clearly shows that nigerian men are not romantic, most not all
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by thegame(m): 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2008
Please, against next time, never tell her for the first time you love her through a text message.thanks.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by dbaptist1(m): 3:27am On Nov 14, 2008
tascoray:

Its about this Girl I really love. We've been friends for a while, but I intend carring this to the next level (You know what I mean). I text'd her one day and declared my love for her.

Some days later, she text'd me saying I should stop calling her, and that we are know more friends. I asked her why she said so, and she said its because I told her i love her.

Ever since, she refuses to pick my call. And this is a girl I love with my whole HEART!

I need everyones advice on this.
guy its always like that i called mine and told her 3 days ago but she felt i was feeling lust and not love towards her and in order not to lose her friendship cus i love her so much like you do i had to chat her up all thru' the night and asked her to forget i ever brought up the topic
its not easy when what you want is in front of you but you have to act civil like you are not interested just out of love
my brother,GOD help us
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by LoveAlways(f): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2008
Hmm, I think that her response was strange.

As a woman, the only time that I remember becoming aloof after a declaration of love, is because I assumed the guy didn't really love me or the thought of falling for the wrong guy, made me run.  So her issue with love could be;

1.  She's afraid of love because she's been hurt before.  She doesn't like committment.
2.  She doesn't believe that you really love her.

Anyway, when a person has a fear of love, there's nothing that you can do.  The more you try to convince this woman that you love her and would never hurt her, the more she will run.  She is afraid that she will be hurt again.

So what you can do is tell her that you will stop calling her, but she is welcome to call you when she feels ready.  Let her know that you value your friendship with her and that you didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable.  Also mention that she could be missing out on being with a wonderful guy.  Then stop calling her.  You must not have ANY contact with her, until she is ready to call you and open up again.

Once she does, this is your opportunity to rebuild the friendship again.  Do not act as though you love her, just be a caring friend.  The more that she is able to open up to you as a friend, the more she will trust that you would never hurt her.

Sometimes it is good to talk to her about other loving relationships you've had with women.  Mention how well you treated an ex-girlfriend, but don't go overboard, you don't want her to get jealous (laughing).  Give her time to see that you are one of the good guys.  Be patient and allow her to open up and feel vunerable with you.

She has a deep fear of letting go, and appearing vunerable.  So you will have to be patient with her if this is the girl that you want.  Good luck and pray; ask God to open her heart.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by smooooooth: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2008
u made ''the'' big mistake, when the chase is still on, never show any trace or sign of love, or just forget ever getting the girl. they just start fronting, and broda,sincerely i no know why o.

just lay back a little and make her feel u going with her suggestion of not being friends again, then u will see her come running into your hands, trust me on this one wink
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by dbaptist1(m): 4:00am On Nov 15, 2008
1. She's afraid of love because she's been hurt before. She doesn't like committment.
2. She doesn't believe that you really love her.

i think u re rite cus i could remeber her saying things like me explaining wat love meant to me and after explaining to her she told me dat from my explanation she shuld have fallen in love with a 1000 guys out there
and she mentioned indidtinct about anoda guy tho i wasnt sure bcus i lost concentration as soon as she told me no
and i dont know dis tin wit me
i can neva tell a woman twice i love u
if i tell u d first time and u front, , dats d end
and maybe she tinks im not serious cus she has neva seen me serious , , maybe dats because im always eays going and stuffs

smooooooth:

u made ''the'' big mistake, when the chase is still on, never show any trace or sign of love, or just forget ever getting the girl. they just start fronting, and brother,sincerely i no know why o.

just lay back a little and make her feel u going with her suggestion of not being friends again, then u will see her come running into your hands, trust me on this one wink

u re also rite here cus the one of last year came calling this year but i had dis tin going with this oda one so i tot she was gona concede but even tho she did not stii i valu her friendship
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by Chetachuku(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2008
make out time and visit her. discuss your affection for her with her. she will understand with you.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by plappville(f): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2008
Oh boy go on and grab ur girl, there is nothing wrong.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by dbaptist1(m): 2:54am On Nov 16, 2008
Chetachuku:

make out time and visit her. discuss your affection for her with her. she will understand with you.

i have a problem i cant toast a woman more than once
if she no gree for d first trial den make she vamoose
its more like an ego or self respect tin
i was talking wit my guy yesterday and im say im chase a girl 4 three years plus
na just last week dis girl gree say im love am afta the guy para 4 d babe

me i no get such patience
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by plappville(f): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2008
d-baptist:

i have a problem i can't toast a woman more than once
if she no gree for d first trial den make she vamoose
its more like an ego or self respect tin
i was talking wit my guy yesterday and I'm say I'm chase a girl 4 three years plus
na just last week this girl gree say I'm love am afta the guy para 4 d babe

me i no get such patience

e bi like say your blood too dey hot, try to aply patient in anything u do. cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by vigi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2008
in d words of my boy Papoose, u cant tell a woman u love her, are u stupid?
words dont express your love you gotta prove it.

let her know how u feel bout her from ur actions, and i dont mean emptying ur account for her.then tell her things like u see her as a good friend.
always keep her guessing.let her b d one wondering if u care bout her.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by LoveAlways(f): 1:08am On Dec 06, 2008
and maybe she tinks I'm not serious cus she has never seen me serious , , maybe that is because I'm always eays going and stuffs

Yeah, that could be the very reason why she doesn't believe that you love her.
Re: Is Anything Wrong, Declaring Your Love To A Girl by tascoray(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2008
Thank you all for response. I am very grateful. The problem as long been solved, and we are very good friends now! Infact i have forgotten I posted something of this nature (this is 'bout a year ago), not until I saw some replies on my mail.

I admit being too forward, so I thank you all once again. God bless you all!

(1) (Reply)

For How Long Do You Speak With Your Girlfriend Or Boyfriend On Phone? / A Young And Pretty Lady Posted This On A Popular Forum / Asking A Lady On First Date If She Can Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.