Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas (7764 Views)

Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration / Rights Group Stop Buhari's Planned Visit To UK, Sights Human Rights Violations. / Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Let is be known that the Hausa are in great numbers in the East. Some have lived for generations. Go to Onitsha and Aba and you will find many Hausa. If they can live in the East, why can't Yoruba?

People shouldn't be afraid of the East. The only state I would consider dangerous is Abia state right now. And not all parts of Abia.

Hausas also live in Chad lipsrsealed LOL
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
@sbeezy, but you have armed robbers who are armed, and kill quite often.

As much as all the news (which seems to have died down) was about kidnapping in the east it was quite rare to hear of people being killed or even physically armed when held.

It is a crime yes, but at least you could buy your way out. It is not uncommon for armed robbers in Lagos to kill or rape even after taking the spoil they came for.

My one and only time of staring death in the face was in Lagos. It could have happened in the east also of course, but it didnt.

I would not stretch the truth to say all you need is in "the west". Lagos is a former capital and because of that status has become the commercial centre of Nigeria, not "the west" but Lagos alone.
That would have happened in any city in any part of Nigeria if it had been a former capital without Abuja to compete with for most of the time. it is the same with all main commercial centres around the world.

Even with that if you ask me, Lagos is far below what it should be today, without the excuses that other states and cities in Nigeria may have.

@Afam4eva, up until recently Igbos did fear to go back home as they were targets for kidnapping, I know that to be true.

However it didn't last long and those places are normalising now, and reports of kidnap are much less frequent than they were six months ago.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
I hear more killings in the SW than the East to be honest. Kidnapping doesn't normally have people killed. Even though it is a menace, you rarely hear someone dying from a kidnapping. And only one area in Igboland is synymous with kidnapping and that is unfortunately my home state of Abia.

And as someone mentioned, Igbos do not come to the entire West. Only Lagos. If there were no Lagos, Igbos would not flock to that region.

Lagos is overrated.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ sbeezy
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND ON HIS OWN!!! The SWest needs the SEast as the SEast needs the SWest.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2011
Yes, Hausa's live in Igbo land or Chad, Ghana, or just about anywhere they take fancy to live. They share the same fearlessness in that respect with the Igbos. They will put their fear aside and step out on chance and they have found that many of these places have turned around to be more than they once expected, or they were willing to work hard enough to make it so.

This is a similiar trait between Hausa's in general and Igbos just like the Lebonese, Chinese and Indians.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

Yes, Hausa's live in Igbo land or Chad, Ghana, or just about anywhere they take fancy to live. They share the same fearlessness in that respect with the Igbos. They will put their fear aside and step out on chance and they have found that many of these places have turned around to be more than they once expected, or they were willing to work hard enough to make it so.

This is a similiar trait between Hausa's in general and Igbos just like the Lebonese, Chinese and Indians.

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
jason123:

@ sbeezy
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND ON HIS OWN!!! The SWest needs the SEast as the SEast needs the SWest.

LOL you funny SW dont need anyone except Benin togo ghana and sierre leone. Trust me it was like that before, and can still be like that

as for anything thats in the east that aint in the west  . . . cant think of it besides Oil and one can get contract over phone in Lagos LMFAO
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
^^^

And the East does not need the rest of Nigeria. So what is your point? The East would look like Dubai if we didn't have to share our resources. But I see that there is strength in numbers though.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

And the East does not need the rest of Nigeria. So what is your point? The East would look like Dubai if we didn't have to share our resources. But[b] I see that there is strength in numbers though. [/b]

Exactly!!! Sbeezy, there is wisdom in co-operation.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

And the East does not need the rest of Nigeria. So what is your point? The East would look like Dubai if we didn't have to share our resources. But I see that there is strength in numbers though.

EAST DONT NEED NIGERIA- my point exactly. theres no strength in numbers only poverty.

jason123:

Exactly!!! Sbeezy, there is wisdom in co-operation.

its flu season i see youve been drinking too much tylenol
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Sbeezy, oh so you're just a tribalist.

Dont worry you will grow out of it when you mature. It can not be like again, do you hear the people in Benin, Togo, Ghana or Sierra Leone wanted to join with the SW of Nigeria?

I dont think that is on their agenda at all, lol

@Ezeuche, why engage her/him? At the end of the day all regions in Nigeria from east ,west north and middle have not been able to make a success of their own region let alone the country. We have all failed whether on our own or the fake "togetherness" we have had.

That is obvious to all.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by jason123: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
sbeezy8:

its flu season i see youve been drinking too much tylenol

LOL.  So, there is no wisdom in co-operation?
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ezeuche, so how is the situation in Abia state now, with regards to kidnapping?
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

Dont worry you will grow out of it when you mature. It can not be like again, do you hear the people in Benin, Togo, Ghana or Sierra Leone wanted to join with the SW of Nigeria?

I dont think that is on their agenda at all, lol

why would they join the SW Nigeria? we all should be independent countries. people from Togo benin Literally take Bus  to Lagos or walk into Ogun Oyo states and back and forth, Sierre leone take planes and the trade between SW was strong until SW joined the rest of Nigeria.

SW had its own booming trade between countries- of Ghana Togo Benin and Sierre Leone. most yoruba people I know have gradnparents from either or all the countries.

Joining Nigeria really fukd us up.
jason123:

LOL.  So, there is no wisdom in co-operation?

lol hell no

ADDED But I mean Nigeria aint breaking up anytime soon so I might as well just stay in the SW and try to get contracts for Oil, telecoms, sugar etc while in Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
sbeezy8:

why would they join the SW Nigeria? we all should be independent countries. people from Togo benin Literally take Bus to Lagos or walk into Ogun Oyo states and back and forth, Sierre leone take planes and the trade between SW was strong until SW joined the rest of Nigeria.

SW had its own booming trade between countries- of Ghana Togo Benin and Sierre Leone. most yoruba people I know have gradnparents from either or all the countries.

Joining Nigeria really fukd us up.
lol hell no

That may have been right, but its in the past. None of these nations want to rejoin the Yoruba's do they?

They are happy in their own countries and have developed a brotherly bond with their country men, which is far far stronger than any they once had with the south westerners of nigeria.

This is something the people in Nigeria's south west should have done more. They are nations today and are happy with their identities, I doubt they are daydreaming about the yoruba.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

That may have been right, but its in the past. None of these nations want to rejoin the Yoruba's do they?

They are happy in their own countries and have developed a brotherly bond with their country men, which is far far stronger than any they once had with the south westerners of nigeria.

This is something the people in Nigeria's south west should have done more. They are nations today and are happy with their identities, I doubt they are daydreaming about the yoruba.

Not true- just like Hausa will feel brotherly to other Hausa in Niger chad etc. yorubas IN OTHER COUNTRIES and those who understand the language are still brotherly. I know plenty of yoruba who have moved to Benin, Togo, Sierre leone and Ghana and havent even been around Nigeria yet. look at Jimoh ibrahim went to ghana to build hospital LMFAO. Adenuga in benin togo etc to set up telecoms . .

HAHAHA they were never joined with yoruba- just traded business and still do between Lagos Contonou,Port novo Lome, Accra Ibadan. SW not day dreaming about anyone in or out our of Nigeria. trade it is what is it.

LOL BUT I dont feel closer to any other Nigerian(hausa ibo ijaw etc) than I do with Ewe or other yorubas in other countries. If I say im nigerian  they'll say they dont like NigeriaN but if I speak yoruba or say some Ewe words they know im not the "typical Nigerian"

Nigeria is terrible. even the name sef - But not really a big deal It is what it is.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by londoner: 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
@sbeezy, those people in Ghana feel closer to their fellow Ghanaians than any Yoruba. I have been to Ghana and even when they say some tribe has origins with the Yoruba, its the tribe they see as inferior. Thats the truth, their history with Nigeria/yoruba makes others look down on them. They see all Nigerians as the same.

You wouldn't feel close to any tribe in Nigeria because no tribe has that bond with the other in Nigeria, but those Ewe's etc dont see you as their brother in the same way they do other Ghanaians.

You have to admit that Ghanaians etc have a strong national identity. That will come first before any Yoruba person.

That is the truth.

As far as Glo etc, it is business, you are mistaking it for some kind of bond. They invested across Nigeria (even in the places you say yorubas dont need) before going outside. They are not tribalists, they are businessmen, lol
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Dede1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sometimes, I am baffled by the postulations of EzeUche on this forum. From the natural gas abundance in south west Nigeria to the Enugu and Anambra as the only crime-free states in Igbo land, the Igbo son seems to hit the balls to the left fields.

Even the link provided by one of his disciples clearly stated there is no natural gas in Ondo State. Natural gas is associated with Crude oil and SW region is completely blank on both resources especially when viewing onshore production.

The report of citing of LNG facility along Ondo/Ogun shore lines does not mean there is a cubic feet of natural gas in such vicinity. The localization process is dictated by Nigeria’s silly politics. It should be likened to the infamous citing of Crude Oil refinery in Kaduna where there is no drop of crude oil within 500 miles of the city. The alleged LNG facility will in future take the case of Lagos as being developed by the Odua Empire or at best, Awolowo.  I am not sure if Ondo State has onshore crude oil wells.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by rhymz(m): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Yes we shall be one big happy family. You all are welcomed to visit Enugu, Onitsha and Port Harcourt. Let us all unite and stop with this constant bickering. It is unbecoming. And VERY bad for business.
I trust my Igbo brothers for thinking strategically. . . I am loving the way you keep iterating it, now it is another regions turn to play the giver let us see how cheerfully they give. .lol
one Nigeria we stand.
By the way, Owerri is a better place to visit than onitsha, although, onitsha boasts of very many fine storey buildings thab any Nigerian City, Fact!
Eku-bear are u talkin 4rm the perspective of a person that has actually been to the SE or you are just another blabber mouth, mouthing off "mogbo mogbo" gists. I ve lived in Owerri now for close to 5 years and I can comfortably say Owerri is way safer a place to live in than Lagos. As I speak, I am in Ijebu Ode, and what I experienced on my way down to this place from lagos was horrific. A journey that shoull ve lasted for just 2hrs saw me getting home at almost 12 in the middle of the night. On getting to that sagamu-ore express road close to Bacock University junction, we reversed the car noticing there was a gang of robbers doing-what accordong to the gatemen of the University- their routine job. We parked at a corner in the bend of the junction waiting for them to finish their job or at least prayed that the NPF will listen to our numerous stress calls to them and tackle the situation. But for where na? These guys had the whole high way to themselves for over 2hrs, at some point they started approaching our direction and every1 fled their belongings and vehicles in helter-skelter, for over an hour I was just running up and down and stopping at intervals around that road that leads to the University's main gate. At a point I even had to beg the gate men to let me sleep inside the school and continue my journey in the morning, that was about the time men of the NPF finally came out and scared the robbers away or prolly the robbers had already left sef. It was realy terrible. Yet this happened in the southwest, I always say it that most of the time, the situation in the SE and SS regions are exaggerated out of proportion. Of course there were orchestrated kidnappings in the 2 subregions but to talk like that is the order of events there even now, is an ignorant claim. The SW is no safer a place to live in than the SE or the SS, it is just a matter of perception. All of Nigeria is not safe to live in at all. No need talking like it is safe to live in one place than the other, if some overzealous politician does not kill or maim you in the SW, you may fall prey for some criminal gang kidnapping in d eastern region or get killed in the north because of your religion or tribe, that is the Nigeria of today for you.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
sjeezy you don't know what you are talking about. I lived in Ghana for years. Not just one year, but years and the Ewe do not see themselves as Yorubas, they see themselves as Ghanaians. And they will always see themselves as Ghanaians.

My Ashanti and Fante friends would make fun of the Ewe by saying that they came from Nigeria. But the Ewe say they are Ghanaians and do not want to be associated with Nigeria.

Have you ever been to Ghana? Have you ever been to Accra? Have you ever been to the Volta Region (Ewe area)? If not, I advise you to be quiet.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by EzeUche2(m): 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
Either way, One Nigeria! It is time for us to tap into other region's resources.

Natural Gas is found in great quantities in the SW. And so is gold. Many people do not mention that, but gold is found in the region as well. It must be fully tapped into for the good of the nation. cool
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by pleep(m): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
This natural gas thing is not good news. Why cant they stop gas flaring and leave it at that? My grandmothers village is right on top of a natural gas reserve. Now they will Phuck up Akwa Ibom just like they did the delta. We already know that the Nigerian government cant use money for anything good, why cant we base our economy on something other than resources! the rest of the world is just draining africa, when we are dry and polluted they will will move on. It would be better to be the most backward state on earth then to pollute and rap.e our land just for $$. i see a bleak future for akwa ibom. cry
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by pleep(m): 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2011

During pre colonial times the Hausa language was used as a lingua-Franca as far away as Tanzania!
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Jen33(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gbawe said:

Keep talking Gas and keep working yourself up excitedly over anything else Jonathan utters from his insincere mouth. It only confirms that some Nigerians are premature ejaculators with memory deficits. We can discuss laudable plans all day but all our discussion will all amount to zero without political will from our leaders. Any Nigerian above the age of 20 knows that our leaders are not short of 'world domination' plans that never amount to anything.

Wrong. We set out to dominate the telecoms market in Africa and we did.

We set out to be an African banking hub and influential international player, and we did.

We set out to dominate African construction, and ended up being the world's fastest growing construction industry after China!

We set out to increase GDP by expanding the non-oil sector, which we did, placing us among the 10 fastest growing economies in the world.

So YES, we do achieve things we set out to do!!!

GEJ/SAMBO 2011
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by okadaman2: 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

You seem a tribalist too with this nonsense tribal conclusions you wrote here;

londoner:

Yes, Hausa's live in Igbo land or Chad, Ghana, or just about anywhere they take fancy to live. They share the same fearlessness in that respect with the Igbos. They will put their fear aside and step out on chance and they have found that many of these places have turned around to be more than they once expected, [/b]or they were willing to work hard enough to make it so.

[b]This is a similiar trait between Hausa's in general and Igbos just like the Lebonese, Chinese and Indians.

How does not going to the east make Yorubas or any tribe fearful?

is there business in the east for them? Yorubas who are educated are in PH oil companies making money. no be east?

do you have more lebanese and chinese in the east than in SW? why not?

Don't yorubas travel abroad? you are a londoner? you don't see Yorubas there? Ivory coast? with Yoruba Nigerians who live there in large numbers?

Stop jumping into tribal conclusion about trait because of personal experiences. that makes you the tribalist here

did your Yoruba ex-BF leave you because you wanted him to follow you to the east?  
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

Lol, less likely to get robbed in Lagos than Enugu, I don't think so at all.

Lagos is still Lagos, and it is still one of the most crime ridden cities in Nigeria.

Perception is another issue, but thats why people should venture out of their own land and actually see other parts of the country for themselves.
It is what it is. Why bother testing all perceptions? I don't need to go to the projects to test for myself if it is a dangerous part of town. If a cardinal sef has to flee to avoid being kidnapped (http://africansynod2romecath..com/2010/01/cardinal-francis-arinze-flees-nigerian.html), why on earth should I go there? There is nothing there I need anyway.

So what is the point?

Ekt Bear, It has nothing to do with people selling their lives cheaply. You are simply afraid.
*shrug* It is what it is. If me not going to the bad parts of DC also makes me "afraid", so be it.

Let Igboland be safe for Igbos, then others too might be interested in visiting or vacationing.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 12:06am On Mar 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

Let is be known that the Hausa are in great numbers in the East. Some have lived for generations. Go to Onitsha and Aba and you will find many Hausa. If they can live in the East, why can't Yoruba?

People shouldn't be afraid of the East. The only state I would consider dangerous is Abia state right now. And not all parts of Abia.

What sort of moronic reasoning is this  Why aren't Americans moving to Mexico or Canada in large #s?

That Hausa man is inclined to move away from his region to one he finds more attractive means Yoruba should move into a region they don't find attractive  Abuja, certain cities in the SS, all well. US, Canada, etc, swell. But why on earth would you one move en masse to Igboland. . . when in fact people are moving en masse out?

In any case, go sell your story to a customer who is likely to buy. Yoruba largely aren't interested. No offense intended, but it is what it is.
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 12:19am On Mar 26, 2011
londoner:

@sbeezy, those people in Ghana feel closer to their fellow Ghanaians than any Yoruba. I have been to Ghana and even when they say some tribe has origins with the Yoruba, its the tribe they see as inferior. Thats the truth, their history with Nigeria/yoruba makes others look down on them. They see all Nigerians as the same.

You wouldn't feel close to any tribe in Nigeria because no tribe has that bond with the other in Nigeria, but those Ewe's etc dont see you as their brother in the same way they do other Ghanaians.

You have to admit that Ghanaians etc have a strong national identity. That will come first before any Yoruba person.
That is the truth.

As far as Glo etc, it is business, you are mistaking it for some kind of bond. They invested across Nigeria (even in the places you say yorubas dont need) before going outside. They are not tribalists, they are businessmen, lol

pure tosh you are the one thats a tribalist becaUSE i DONT SEE ANYTHING IN THE EAST ASIDE FROM OIL - LMFAO not my fault, I dont even need to go tribal rants with you because you are a clown thats mad yorubas dont see anything worth investing in the east beside Oil. Not my fault

aiight Yorubas travel well but to the east aside from Oil to live and die ? LOL HELL NO FOR WHAT?
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by sbeezy8: 12:24am On Mar 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

sjeezy you don't know what you are talking about. I lived in Ghana for years. Not just one year, but years and the Ewe do not see themselves as Yorubas, they see themselves as Ghanaians. And they will always see themselves as Ghanaians.

My Ashanti and Fante friends would make fun of the Ewe by saying that they came from Nigeria. But the Ewe say they are Ghanaians and do not want to be associated with Nigeria.

Have you ever been to Ghana? Have you ever been to Accra? Have you ever been to the Volta Region (Ewe area)? If not, I advise you to be quiet.

PURE SHIOT- you are a liar and "say" you have lived every where for a "long time" how old are you 22 or 60? you are just a clown!

[size=13pt]President Mills mourns B. J. da -Rocha .[/size]

Accra, April 29, GNA - President Evans Atta Mills, on Thursday joined thousands of people from all walks of life to mourn Mr. Bernard. J. da-Rocha, the first National Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), at the Christ the King Catholic Church in Accra on Thursday. The President filed past the body of the luminary lawyer and renowned politician before it was conveyed to Cape Coast, his home town, for final funeral rites and burial.

President Mills interacted with the children and other family members of da-Rocha and paid a glowing tribute to the fallen statesman and politician. The President consoled the family to be steadfast and strong in the Lord, saying: "It is the Lord who gives and it is the Lord who takes" and asked them to be hopeful that the Lord would give their lost father a good place in heaven,

At the funeral were former President John Agyekum Kufuor, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and Mr Alan Kyeremanteng, both NPP presidential hopefuls, other leading members of the party and members of the diplomatic corps clad in various funeral dresses,

Also present were a blend of old and young members of the law fraternity, who took opportunity of the funeral service to exchange pleasantries with one another,  Mr. da-Rocha was born on the 18th May 1927 in Cape Coast, attended Adisadel College and rose through many educational disciplines to become one of Ghana 's indisputable luminaries .
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by chrisobas(m): 12:51am On Mar 26, 2011
That is how it is supposed to be. Heroes should be rewarded and mourned. Check out the latest Nigerian celebrity news on http://www.naija2geda..com or latest foreign news on http://www.chrisobaze..com
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by Justcash(m): 12:56am On Mar 26, 2011
[b]LOL! It is funny to see how some Nigerian Yorubas are trying hard to feel like Europeans and Americans just to exhibit their hatred for Eastern Nigeria. Do you know that When you move from Lagos state to Imo state, you will feel a real breath of fresh air? Ok let's do it like this,

Apart from Lagos state, Which other state's capital in the West is comparable to Owerri, Enugu, and Umuahia in terms of cleanliness and urban development?
Do you know that in terms of Juju (Rituals), no Eastern city or state is comparable to Ijebu ode alone?
Do you know that the Crime rate in Lagos alone is far more than that of any of the South Eastern states?
Where d'heck did you hear that Igbos eat foreigners? If it is about history, did Yorubaland not have Cannibals?
Do you know that talking of the Eastern region as a whole (Including Rivers, CRS and AKS), the most naturally beautiful cities in Nigeria (Not built with oil money) are in the East?
The most Nigerianised, widely traveled and welcoming Nigerians are from the East. Unlike the West and North that always descend on Easterners for no just course, Easterners exercise extreme restraint about that, because life is valuable to us. The last time we attacked Northern Muslims was because truck loads of dead Easterners that were killed in the North arrived in the East, and caused some retaliation. That was the first ever in the history of the East.

Please tell me if the Cities (Glorified villages) in Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti (Lagos is a more National state due to its former fed. capital status) is comparable to those in Imo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra.
If Oyibo dey read this stuff now, in go think say we dey talk of the West as in America and co, not knowing that it is about some glorified slums and villages in western Nigeria. Sigh.
No insult intended. I am stating facts. I travel from the West (Lagos) to the East (Owerri) to have a breath of fresh air, have peace of mind, enjoy and rest from all the Hustling and bustling, red eyes and strong faces. I am always in an "Ngwori " mood in ala Owerri, and we spray cash in that mood, yet no one approaches us as an alaye to tax us, talkless of kidnapping me. Small boys kidnap rich people in the East to siphon money, but when the gong sounds, they leave their victims and run. They don't slaughter them. Anyway, there is no more kidnapping in the East.
If you don't wish to come to the East, then fine. We won't know that you exist. Just don't complain about us coming to the West. that is where we will have some problems with you.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Sets Sights On Natural Gas by ektbear: 1:05am On Mar 26, 2011
What exactly is going on here

If I don't want to visit the SE, I have "hatred for Eastern Nigeria"? Look, Calabar is fine, I'd like to visit there. Port Harcourt is a swell city, I like it too. But me not having much interest in going to the SE means I'm hating "Eastern Nigeria"?

When did it become by force to go there?

Do ya'll work for the ministry of tourism, or something?  grin grin grin Why the defensiveness and insecurity? Digressing into stories about "extreme restraint", etc.

If you like it better than the SW (or elsewhere in naija), fine. . . nothing spoil.

Man, next some dude from Utah is going to tell me I'm racist against Mormons because I've no interest in going there. . . when did the world start revolving around you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram / Mark And Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC? / Another Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Killed In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.