Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material (16672 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! / Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by pilas: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by pilas: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2007
@+osisi, same with your mom.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by laudate: 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
+osisi:

which ones are bad?
Ijebu Igbo better be the good ones.
Anything Igbo is good

BTW,how can you call a whole group of people bad?

Help me ask them o!! angry Such generalisations are not only sickening, but rather daft. Am sure a lot of Ijebu folks would be offended by this stereotype. Every area in the North & South has its' own stereotypes. Ask all those who are talking anyhow here, what village they come from and you would be suprised at the kind of steretypes that exist about their own people, and indigenous districts.

Strangely enough, the Ijebu folks share some cultural traits with the Igbo (e.g Nnewi) people, when it comes to trade, commerce and business acumen. They also practise the age-grade system till date, a cultural trait which has died out in most parts of the South-West. Hmmn. . . . undecided

Some of my good friends are Ijebu, and are members of this age-grade groups. Na big thing for dem side! grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by desgiezd(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ yogun

This still appears like an advert to me
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by oell(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2007
I STUMBLED UPON THIS THREAD,
I AM IJEBU AND PROUD, BORN, BREAD AND TOASTED IN LAGOS
TRAVELED THE WORLD AND I KNOW, ANYONE WITH SOME SORT OF SELF ESTEEM WOULD NEVER PUT ANY TRIBE DOWN
ARIGATO, SYIBONGA, GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by osisi5: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2007
laudate:

Help me ask them o!! angry Such generalisations are not only sickening, but rather daft. Am sure a lot of Ijebu folks would be offended by this stereotype. Every area in the North & South has its' own stereotypes. Ask all those who are talking anyhow here, what village they come from and you would be suprised at the kind of steretypes that exist about their own people, and indigenous districts.

Strangely enough, the Ijebu folks share some cultural traits with the Igbo (e.g Nnewi) people, when it comes to trade, commerce and business acumen. They also practise the age-grade system till date, a cultural trait which has died out in most parts of the South-West. Hmmn. . . . undecided

Some of my good friends are Ijebu, and are members of this age-grade groups. Na big thing for them side! grin

They have age grade system in some parts of yorubaland?
that's news to me.
my part of Igboland doesn't even have it.

now I get it,it's the lazy ones that'll talk bad of Ijebus just as they'll say bad of Igbo traders.
Lazy people are scared of hardworkers and feel better when they put them down.
Some one needs to do a research,Ijebus and Igbos may have a common origin somewhere
I already see some similarities,even an area bearing the name Ijebu Igbo.
This may not just be a coincidence.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by yogun(f): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2007
@desgiezd
This still appears like an advert to me

I dont really care wot ur opinion on dat is
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by pilas: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2007
hummmmmmmmmm.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by naijaborn(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2007
@lagoschic, an old ijebu man onc e warned me against getting married to an ijebu woman, he was dammn serious about it, ??
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by pilas: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by naijaborn(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2007
seeing thru the man's eyes i couldn't imagine d danger he saw in merging wit an ijebu chic, note!since then av been weary of em!ijebu re wa tongue

this is where individuality comes in.[flash=200,200]http://, neva judge a person by his/her race/tribe[/flash]
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sylvao2000(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2007
YOU WISH, FOR YOUR MIND ABI, KOLO IJEBU GIRLS I WLL NEVER MARRY IJEBU BUT I LIKE YORUBA WELL BUT IJEBU NEVER OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by pilas: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2007
cool
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by desgiezd(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2007
naijaborn:

@lagoschic, an old ijebu man onc e warned me against getting married to an ijebu woman, he was dammn serious about it, ??

It'll be interesting to know what Yogun feels about this comment since she's so passionate about this topic.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by nimath(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2007
[Well, i have a friend who has lived all his life in ijebu but frm ilorin, and do asy good things of ijebus, especially Ijebu- Ode. infact, i wish i colu get one frm there, I love them for taking islam very seriously. well brought -up, educated nad other you could think of. I LOVE IJEBUS.

HAPPY RAMADAN
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by osisi5: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
nimath:

[Well, i have a friend who has lived all his life in ijebu but frm ilorin, and do asy good things of ijebus, especially Ijebu- Ode. infact, i wish i colu get one frm there, I love them for taking islam very seriously. well brought -up, educated nad other you could think of. I LOVE IJEBUS.

HAPPY RAMADAN

Hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This one na disadvantage o
very seriously as in Bin Ladin/al Zarquawi seriously?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by DisGuy: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
one man's meat another woman's problem abeg leave them if its your tribe now you will be shouting marginalisation as if they didnt already shocked
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by bimbliss(f): 12:58am On Sep 14, 2007
like threads like this
it shows how diversified this country is on objective and subjective thinking

"but we should learn to be more objective in our posts, comments and thinking" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by topeorekoy(m): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2007
IJEBU ROCKS. am ijebu by birth from both parents and and proud to be
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by tglaz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2007
I dont think it right of anyone to think his or her tribe is the best cuz that would amount to ethnocentricism.In as much as Ijebu females have their good sides,having dated two,permit me to say they could be prudent with cash,however,with social events,they are ready to show off,though some could be considerate.Lets stop at that.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Mustay(m): 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2007
topeorekoy:

IJEBU ROCKS. am ijebu by birth from both parents and and proud to be
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by illusion2: 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2007
Quote from Hybrid
as for IGBO girls,i don't think i can date any talk less of marrying any,its a personal thing.
for me, i think it has to do with the hair that grows on there chest/mustache or goatee,,,or maybe there yam leg or something
i don't know which,i am really confussed
but i must confessed i have met really nice and well trained igbo girls,

can't help but laugh
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by boluyung(m): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ TOPIC
THAT IS NOT TRUE.
A GOOD WIFE MATERIAL IS NOT DEPENDENT ON TRIBAL BACKGROUND
IT DEPENDS ON AN INDIVIDUALS VALUES.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by bigboy2006: 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2007
@poster
clean ur mouth ur lie 2 much who tell u say na ijebu Girls be the best wife material una way be say una like money like shit,and if u what to marry an ijebu lady if u r not a rich guy or u r not from a rich family OYO lowa becos the girl great great grand father way done die since 1889 na when u marry dem na that time dem go say dem won do his burial.so dont say ijebu girls r the best, ok if u marry ijebu lady make u give am ifokore ooo if u no give am ifokore ooo she go run away, na if she see another husband.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Bblak(f): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2007
Best Wife Material Indeed
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by theboy0808(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
lol
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by joshjosh(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
only God keeps war from happening everyday in Africa. the lady said what she believe and maybe so many other people along with her. suddenly you guys are turning on her like ijebu people are scum of the earth. what is wrong with a sister being patriotic?

some of you will call white people racist. see what you do to one of your own? i think i have met one ijebu person person and she prove this woman right. the young husband was a banker. went to marry her from the village. she saw there was no many garri machine around. next thing you knew she got one and started earning more than a banker.

long live ijebu women. i am not yoruba i must add.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by focused(m): 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
@poster :

Generalisation or stereotyping people is completely daft.

There are good and bad people everywhere. A good girl is a good girl irrespective of where she comes from.

A good and virtuous woman comes from God.

So please stop these generalisation and reason sensibly.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by supercunt(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2008
if na for their ido{clitoris}i dey gbadun{enjo} dem,but for any other thing dem wowo grin grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Eclairs: 5:50am On Jan 14, 2008
apz the girl that almost dealt with me in Lagos when I was there isnt from Ijebu. I actually fot she was. na God save me tht day

u no go use laugh kill person
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Jairzinho(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2008
Ma ga ara e o undecided
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by presido1: 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2008
I only kow of Ijebu Garri. Good for drinking in that eko sun with some kinda milk and g-nut or Aki Oyibo. Ijebu gyls i no noffin about them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba / Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way / Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.