Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material (16675 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! / Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by WarfyBoy(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2008
Ijebu pipo Stinga like witch xpecially the sheila
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by jaso1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2008
I disagree with what some forumers disclosed here about ijebu. there is a different btwn ijebu and remo, basically ijebus are people starts from Odogbolu down to waterside all to ijebu igbo and its surrounds. Remo is not ijebu i hope people are cleared with that clue.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by yemivictor: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2008
The general view non-ijebu yorubas have about ijebu girls as per marriage is that they are better left for their ijebu men. Reason being that if you as a non-ijebu guy marry an ijebu girl, with time;
she'll out-shine you materially and financially, and consequently become the bread winner of the home.
she'll become an adulteress (by sleeping around with very wealthy men whom of course are the sponsors of her thriving business).
The children will defer to her at your expense and her home-town will be their home-town.
You become a very green vegetable! grin
Any resistance in any form on your path may lead to an untimely death! shocked

Now, while this may not be necessarily true for all ibeju women, it'll always be at the back of one's mind should one enter into any meaningful relationship with an ijebu lady!

In addition, i think there's  an ethnic yoruba group that are avowed not to have anything to do with ijebu women, as far as marriage is concerned.

If you as a young man bring home one and your family and kinsmen after all entreaties, fail to make you see reason why you cannot marry her, they hands-off completely! I think its a small ethnic group in ondo or so!

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by sesman(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2008
I am an Ijebu Boy and very proud, if i may had. I really dont see the point of this thread, all ethnic group have their postive and negative aspect. I could start a thread about an ethnic group and focus on their negativity but i really dont see point of victimising another ethnic group. I am very sure all the things said about an ijebu woman either Good or Bad can also be found in women all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by yemivictor: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2008
sesman:

I am an Ijebu Boy and very proud, if i may had. I really don't see the point of this thread, all ethnic group have their postive and negative aspect. I could start a thread about an ethnic group and focus on their negativity but i really don't see point of victimising another ethnic group. I am very sure all the things said about an ijebu woman either Good or Bad can also be found in women all over the world.

Completely true! But if such controversial threads don't come up from time to time, trust me, Nairaland'll be veeeeery boring! grin
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Orimolade(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2008
yes u are correct my Ex is an Ijebu girl and she is so perfect and can make u go crazy in all raminification, we broke up 3 months ago and i am still crazy about her.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by jona2: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2009
focused:

@poster :

Generalisation or stereotyping people is completely daft.

There are good and bad people everywhere. A good girl is a good girl irrespective of where she comes from.

A good and virtuous woman comes from God.

So please stop these generalisation and reason sensibly.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2009
I thot people, including Ijebu men, dreaded Ijebu women, as they are reputed to put the man under their control spiritually. undecided
I do have two cousins married to Ijebu men, (one Ijebu ode, and the other Ijebu igbo), and if I was to use them as a yardstick, I woudn't advise anyone to date an Ijebu.
It is always wrong to paint groups of people with broad strokes
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 12:44am On Apr 12, 2009
biina:

I thot people, including Ijebu men, dreaded Ijebu women, as they are reputed to put the man under their control spiritually. undecided
I do have two cousins married to Ijebu men, (one Ijebu ode, and the other Ijebu igbo), and if I was to use them as a yardstick, I woudn't advise anyone to date an Ijebu.
It is always wrong to paint groups of people with broad strokes
idiot
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Richyreal(m): 2:54am On Apr 12, 2009
ijebu girls undecided?dey r d greediest creatures on d planet.m datin 1 nw and i cant imagine mariage.4rm d beginin of d rlationshp she hasnt spent a dim on me.2 all me brodas contemplatin an ijebu wife,take heed.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by mosalab(m): 3:12am On Apr 12, 2009
infact they are the worst wife materials
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 5:41am On Apr 12, 2009
C2H5OH:

idiot
Sorry, did I hit a soft spot? maybe there were elements of truth in my post?
I only gave my opinion, even if it is contrary to yours, there was no need for the insult.
If you have nothing to contribute, then keep your hands off the keyboard
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2009
biina:

Sorry, did I hit a soft spot? maybe there were elements of truth in my post?
I only gave my opinion, even if it is contrary to yours, there was no need for the insult.
If you have nothing to contribute, then keep your hands off the keyboard
shut up jare.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 12, 2009
So acid is Ijebu?

This is rich! No wonder cheesy
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2009
C2H5OH:

shut up jare.
are you blind, as I doubt that you are illiterate?
I 'll repeat, if you have nothing to contribute, keep your hands off the keyboard.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by lildainty(f): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2009
NEXT . . . . . . , PLEASE . . . . . . . . . . , ,
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2009
biina:

are you blind, as I doubt that you are illiterate?
I 'll repeat, if you have nothing to contribute, keep your hands off the keyboard.
is asking you to me chie onu too much? c me c trouble o.

*Toyinrayo:

So acid is Ijebu?

This is rich! No wonder cheesy
i am whatever you say i am.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2009
The general view non-ijebu yorubas have about ijebu girls as per marriage is that they are better left for their ijebu men. Reason being that if you as a non-ijebu guy marry an ijebu girl, with time;
she'll out-shine you materially and financially, and consequently become the bread winner of the home.
she'll become an adulteress (by sleeping around with very wealthy men whom of course are the sponsors of her thriving business).
Whomever raised you forgot to flog some sense into you at birth. What a lousy hypocrite.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2009
Ijebu pipo Stinga like witch xpecially the sheila
Dumbass can't even piece together a complete sentence.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Moonstone(f): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2009
Ijebu girls are the best wife materials from someone named 'Lagos chic'?  
Since when did wifey material become so specific? Most men marry women they love. What else will I see on NL?
Let me add this to my book of supposed facts. All of you just speak with no statistical evidence. I tire for NL.
What qualities do Ijebu girls have that makes them better wives?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by C2H5OH(f): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2009
Does it matter? The poster started a controversial topic, some nincompoops bit the bait and started spewing all kinds of jargon.

biina if no be say you be woman I for knock you.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Moonstone(f): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2009
C2H5OH:

Does it matter? The poster started a controversial topic, some nincompoops bit the bait and started spewing all kinds of jargon.

When did you become an Ijebu man?
I know ppl started abusing each other but if the poster can show me scientific evidence, I'll accept it.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2009
What evidence?

This is an opinionated thread.

Everybody needs not agree
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by tpia: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2009
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by Enockia(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2009
tpia:

true.

true but that's cos they are garranteed of steady supply of ijebu garri for life
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by tpia: 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

Does it matter?  The poster started a controversial topic, some nincompoops bit the bait and started spewing all kinds of jargon.
Is it so hard to be civil?
You ask others to keep quiet, as if your opinion is sufficient for all -wrong!. You are not required to read this thread, so if it displeases you, please move on.
I still don't get what your problem is though (are you dating/married to an ijebu lady?). Someone started a thread based on his/her own perspective and experiences, and I gave my (contrary) opinion based on mine (as requested by the OP). Mind you, I did state that it was wrong to using sweeping statements on groups of people i.e. I wasn't generalizing to the entire race.

Even if I was generalizing, I don't owe you an apology, as I only gave my opinion, which you don't have to agree with. If you want a society with a single public opinion (true or not) I would suggest, if not there already, that you move to a true communist state.

BTW female or not, you are assuming that you will be able to back up your mouth with your fists. I really would like to see you try - knock ko, knock ni
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ono(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
I spent a large number of my childhood years growing up in all of Ijebu land - from Ijebu-Ode to Ikenne, Sagamu to Ilisan-Remo, Odogbolu to Ago Iwoye. Ibafo, Ijebu-waterside, Mamu, Ogbere, Omu-Ijebu, Atiba, to name a few. I should add Ijebu-Ife is a cool place. Ijebu-Igbo is a local govt area in Ogun State.

A people blessed with the abundance/best of what nature has to offer. Some of the best brains in the country are from Ijebu land. Tai Solarin is an Ijebu man. Dr. Sunny Kuku, Chief Odutola, The late Sage: Obafemi Awolowo, who transfomed the lives of many in the then Western Region is from Ikenne. Would you say that the widow of the late sage, Chief Mrs. H.I.D Awolowo, revered and respected worldwide turned his late husband to ''vegetables''?

Professor Adebayo Adedeji, renowned economist, and UN official for Africa attended the same secondary school I went to: The greatest Ijebu-Ode Grammar School - Ijebu-Grams. The famous Mayflower School, Ikenne is in Ijebu land. Federal Govt. College Odogbolu, Federal Govt. Girls College Sagamu are all in Ijebu land, ''breeding'' responsible people of all ages who'd transform Nigerias landscape.

I am from Delta state. But I respect the Ijebus. They are hardworking very intelligent people. Their women - from what I know, will make the best wife material any man would ever desire. Quit hating whole tribes because of some negative experience you had with one or two of them.  You'll never know if help, prosperity(indeed, all good things) will come from marrying into this group - when you choose to despise them.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2009
ono:

I spent a large number of my childhood years in all of Ijebu land - from Ijebu-Ode to Ikenne, Sagamu to Ilisan-Remo, Odogbolu to Ago Iwoye. Ibafo, Ijebu-waterside, Mamu, Ogbere, Omu-Ijebu, Atiba, to name a few. I should add Ijebu-Ife is a cool place. Ijebu-Igbo is a local govt area in Ogun State.

A people blessed with the abundance/best of what nature has to offer. Some of the best brains in the country are from Ijebu land. Tai Solarin is an Ijebu man. Dr. Sunny Kuku, Chief Odutola, The late Sage: Obafemi Awolowo, who transfomed the lives of many in the then Western Region is from Ikenne. Would you say that the late widow of the late sage, Chief Mrs. H.I.D Awolowo, revered and respected worldwide turned his late husband to ''vegetables''?

Professor Adebayo Adedeji, renowned economist, and UN official for Africa attended the same secondary school I went to: The greatest Ijebu-Ode Grammar School - Ijebu-Grams. The famous Mayflower School, Ikenne is in Ijebu land. Federal Govt. College Odogbolu, Federal Govt. Girls College Sagamu are all in Ijebu land, ''breeding'' responsible people of all ages who'd transform Nigerias landscape.

I am from Delta state. But I respect the Ijebus. They are hardworking very intelligent people. Their women - from what I know, will make the best wife material any man would ever desire. Quit hating whole tribes because of some negative experience you had with one or two of them.  You'll never know if help, prosperity(indeed, all good things) will come from marrying into this group - when you choose to despise them. 
You are guilty of the same crime you condemn.
From your experiences, and citing a few individuals (even though your deductions can be questioned), you have reached a conclusion as regards the entire tribe.
Sweeping statements are rarely right.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by ono(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2009
@biina,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you meant up there is that my saying that the Ijebus are generally hardworking and intelligent is a sweeping statement?

Well, maybe you're right. But in this day and age, would you say that castigating an ethnic group, making snide remarks about their women and labelling them as evil is better than projecting the good that abound in them? Is it not good to promote that which is good in all things? Why zero in on some negative attributes and dampen the spirit of the other person?  I should remind you that I'm not in the camp of those who think/believe the Ijebu woman is evil.

You can question my deductions if you like - everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. May I ask that you put your objections to my deductions for all to see here? Surely you know that Chief Obafemi Awolowo is Ijebu, don't you?
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 12:56am On Apr 14, 2009
@ono
The sweeping statement was the bold part of my quote of your earlier post. Your reference to 'their women' refers to all Ijebu women.

The OP made a sweeping statement that Ijebu girls are the best wife material (not just good) and sought other opinions. I merely stated my experience.
I am not saying that Ijebu women are all bad, but my experience tells me they are not the best. In fact no one is the best, as all one can use for an evaluation is the modicum of info that is available to you. People should be evaluated on an individual basis.
Re: Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material by biina: 1:06am On Apr 14, 2009
As per my objections to your deductions.
ono:

I spent a large number of my childhood years in all of Ijebu land - from Ijebu-Ode to Ikenne, Sagamu to Ilisan-Remo, Odogbolu to Ago Iwoye. Ibafo, Ijebu-waterside, Mamu, Ogbere, Omu-Ijebu, Atiba, to name a few. I should add Ijebu-Ife is a cool place. Ijebu-Igbo is a local govt area in Ogun State.

A people blessed with the abundance/best of what nature has to offer.
irrelevant to the issue at hand

Some of the best brains in the country are from Ijebu land. Tai Solarin is an Ijebu man. Dr. Sunny Kuku, Chief Odutola, The late Sage: Obafemi Awolowo, who transfomed the lives of many in the then Western Region is from Ikenne.
Are all men and so I dont see what they have to do with your evaluation of Ijebu women.

Would you say that the widow of the late sage, Chief Mrs. H.I.D Awolowo, revered and respected worldwide turned his late husband to ''vegetables''?
Unless your in close relation to them, there is no evidence of the true order of things in the home

Are inconclusive as the schools are not exclusive to Ijebus, and not all Ijebus attend the listed schools.

A general conclusion was reached based on the experience of a single subject.

At no point did you actually provide specific evidence about the Ijebu women and their suitability as wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way / Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie / Igogo Festival Shuts Down Akure City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.