Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,306 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce (42066 Views)

Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / Husband Sets Estranged Wife On Fire, She Grabs Him & Both Get Burnt / Wife Burns Husband's Car Over Divorce, Women React (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Islie: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ex-NNPC Depot Manager Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce (Photo)

A mother of three, Mrs Chinyere Uzowulu, has cried for help over the alleged vandalism of the family house by her husband, Chief Afam Uzowulu, who is a retired depot manager of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, for challenging the divorce from him and refusing to vacate the house with her children.

Chinyere, who addressed journalists shortly after conducting them round the vandalised duplex located at No. 1/3 Uzowulu Street, New GRA, Enugu, disclosed that she was challenging in court his divorce and ejection from the premises with her children.

She said the case was pending before the Supreme Court in suit No. SC/CV/895/2020.

While describing the destruction of her residence in a matter before the court as unlawful, Chinyere regretted that thugs aided by the police carried out the vandalism in her absence on Friday, December 18, 2020.

She stated that she did not have any police case with her estranged husband, adding that the house she lives in with her children was a family residence and “we are presently in the Supreme Court over the house and divorce.”

She said that trouble started when Afam voluntarily left the house in 2012 “after demanding for 50 per cent of my earnings as a condition for peace.”

“When I refused, he went to court for divorce and to eject his three kids and I from the house. I opposed it because I contributed financially to the building of the house. I am also challenging the divorce and his sending of the kids to the street,” she added.

Chinyere, who showed journalists a stay of execution on a lower court judgement, which granted Afam divorce and an ejection order, said that all her belongings and those of the children, whom the father allegedly abandoned for eight years, were destroyed and looted.

“I am calling on the Enugu state Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who is the chief security officer of the state, and civil society organisations fighting for the right of women and children to come to my aid as the police in the state have compromised and allowed his impunity to continue. My life and my children’s lives have been exposed to danger,” she lamented.

Our correspondent observed that the roofing of the house had been removed, while the doors, furniture and kitchen accessories were destroyed and clothes scattered all over the premises, with the perimeter fence and gates pulled down.

When contacted, Afam confirmed that he carried out the vandalism of the house.

“I sued her for a divorce and to vacate the house, and the court ruled in my favour. Since the judgment, she has refused to vacate the house. Although the court granted her custody of the children, she cannot stay with them in my house. So, I went to enforce the judgment of the court and take possession of the house,” he stated.

Asked if he knew about the stay of execution, Afam said, “I know she has gone to the Supreme Court to challenge the judgment of the lower court, but she has yet to obtain the stay of execution. So, I applied for an execution order and the Chief Registrar of the Customary Court of Appeal refused to approve the execution and didn’t give me any valid reason for not signing the order. In the absence of a stay of execution order, I had to use every available means to execute the judgment of the court.”

When contacted the state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, denied any police involvement in the vandalism of the house and declined further comments.

https://punchng.com/ex-nnpc-depot-manager-vandalises-estranged-wifes-residence-over-divorce/

1 Share

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by emeijeh(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
See as he chop the fence like rat wen chop certificate remain.
He removed the roof like a disappointed potential inlaw.

The man must be an angry bird man

[img]https://media1./images/7cf5496978b667eca7501562b3bcf061/tenor.gif?itemid=15575812[/img]

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
'MARRIAGE'

I am scared of those marital commitments which I might not keep...

It's best I avoid the long time pretense.

I am happy with my son Jason, at-least, i have peace and i am not vandalizing any person's residence.

44 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Kriss216: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
NO4.

Q: What is the main reason for divorce?

A: MARRIAGE

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by chocholady: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
Foolishness

4 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Bola146(f): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
I hate divorce cry seriously

4 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by internationalman(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
Divorce is more debilitating a pain to men than women...

But still violence is the worst form of conflict resolution...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by YorubaKinging: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
The end is near

I'm just a watchman

It's my job to warn for the times ahead

6 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
She said that trouble started when Afam voluntarily left the house in 2012 “after demanding for 50 per cent of my earnings as a condition for peace.”

When I refused, he went to court for divorce and to eject his three kids and I from the house.
I opposed it because I contributed financially to the building of the house. I am also challenging the divorce and his sending of the kids to the street,” she added.
So he rather destroy the house out of bitterness than his 3 children living in there?
He rather remove the roof and break the fence rather than his wife having it?
What kinda stupid and foolish man is this for Krissake?
A house the wife contributed to in the first place.

Which weakling of a man will ever try this with his wife for Obodo oyibo?
Dem never born am for dis world!
Na for prison he go end him life!!
No Cap!!!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
internationalman:
Divorce is more debilitating a pain to men than women...

But still violence is the worst form of conflict resolution...
You have spoken well

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by adecz: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
undecided

It is a painful thing, when parents
who married in love & bore children
begin to fight.

The poor children get caught up in
the psychological trauma & hatred
that results..

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

I'm just a watchman

It's my job to warn for the times ahead

God bless you man.
It will end well.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by millionboi2: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
Go and marry crue
Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Biglittlelois(f): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
Men are becoming very very petty these days, not minding their offsprings, sad.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by rawtouch: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
ghen ghen, the man has erred for executing a judgement without court order
Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by kellybently(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
Islie:
Ex-NNPC Depot Manager Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce (Photo)

https://punchng.com/ex-nnpc-depot-manager-vandalises-estranged-wifes-residence-over-divorce/
Na him build am . Na him scatter am. Why u crying

7 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by thinkmoney(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bola146:
Are you God?

1 Like

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
grin
Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by sylve11: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
hmmmm cool
Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Exc2000: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
grin

Eyah

Them don show the guy real mental and emotional torture

1 Like

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bola146:
Most people do hate divorce.
But there are somethings in life, that you cannot help.
Better to divorce than couples getting themselves killed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by SavageMaster: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
Without the Spirit of God, man behaves just like a beast.

You would never believe these two were once in love and even raised children together

15 Likes

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by SolarEdge: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
Marriage is not for everyone. Most people just want the title.

1 Like

Re: Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
She cannot stay with them in your house with your kids?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.