Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,359 members, 7,846,555 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

"Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo (43413 Views)

Buhari Speaks With Fati Attahiru, Spouses Of Other Fallen Officers / Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Nnamdi Kanu Launches ‘Eastern Security Network’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kabillionaire(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
tungamaje:

I love your write up. The problem is that easterners demanded their governors to set up a security outfit and they were afraid to do so, should the people just sit down and do nothing? You see that 's the problem with Nigerians. We don't react, we are too docile. We don't challenge the system. Even some aren't happy the Endsars youths challenged the old order. Things will change for the better if challenge our so called leaders

exactly
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kabillionaire(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
and what if, whose approval you need to make it legal is the very person terrorising you?
in that case, you will wait to be slaughtered light a sallah ram abi?
do you know how many lives that are lost in the hands of these bloodthirsty fulani herdsmen?
do you have any idea how much damage they've caused?
I believe you're not yet affected.
and you think after mowe it you'll not reach Lagos?
na waoh for you ooo

Labeled Nigeria:

If a unit or sect of people do things illegally, does that justify you do same.
I want ESN, its the best. All sections of the country should protect themselves in a failed state like ours, BUT DO IT LEGALLY.

It will only create more unrest for you without following due approval procedures & lost its purpose.
(Note: I still pray u dont learn to do things right, so u can learn the hard way) ...
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kabillionaire(m): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
I never liked Mazi Kanu, but the formation of Eastern Security Network alone has made him a man after my own heart.
if only we have people like this in every geopolitical zone, Nigeria would be an utopia.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by IGBOSON1: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
DamZik:
I am Yoruba from South West but I surpport the emancipation of Biafra Republic. One Nigeria is a curse, a failed state. For there to be peace in Nigeria, there must be balance of terror between fulanis and other tribes. Fulanis are our problem...

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by tmasolutions: 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
muykem:
Unpatriotic statement from Charly boy. Who are the brain behind Amotekun? Why Gani Adams or Sunday Igboho didn't form Amotekun. South east needs Security unit like Amotekun but it must come from governors not Nnamdi Kaun a terrorist.

Lack of reasoning and your hates for freedom is your problem and will continue to be your problem. Does your killer heardsmen gets approval before killing innocent people? Evil kill you
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by gidgiddy: 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Abaman001:

Terrorist!.... Just focus on ur landlocked five eastern states and leave South South alone, we are not brainwashed i-diots like you guys, we can't support a terrorist speaking for us....frustrated and confused donkeys

Dont steal other people's land in the name of South/South. There is no tribe called South/South. The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called South/South or South East. Igbos are indigenous to at least 12 states in Nigeria, so anyone talking about 5 states is talking nonsense..
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by gidgiddy: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
wirinet:

That's the only legal authority you have to work with. Any other unrecognised body would be termed terrorist.

OPC as a security outfit was banned by OBJ. Civilian JTF was formed by the FG. A collaboration between the army and local militia.

There is a vigilante in my neighbourhood. We all contribute money monthly to pay them to patrol the area at night and fight any criminal. Did we have to go to the Governor before we did that? No. Self defence is already a human right. Its not something you need to wait until you can work with a Governor or Governors
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by gidgiddy: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
junglelion:
I think something is very wrong with us the Igbos, are their no things we can do by the books? How can a boy called Nnamdi Kalu dictate what happens in Igbo lands and my brothers Charly Boy and others are buying it, hook line and sinker. Is a big shame.

Sometimes I wonder what brains we have as Igbos. Nothing is achieved with a wrong mindset....we should channel our energy towards good thinking and not this myopic thinking. Am a core Igbo man....but it saddens my heart that a miscreants called Nnamdi Kalu will brain wash our people to the point most of us now think violence is the only way out....

The west got theirs by the book via their governors, are there no governors in the East?

You are still talking like this because herdsmen have not yet pursued you with AK47.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Abaman001(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
gidgiddy:

Dont steal other people's land in the name of South/South. There is no tribe called South/South. The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called South/South or South East. Igbos are indigenous to at least 12 states in Nigeria, so anyone talking about 5 states is talking nonsense..

Stop dreaming bcus ur hope for ur online country has been completely shattered.... Igbo are at least indigenous people in 12states, oh really?...land grabbing terrorists..... Of course u have no hope in Rivers state and those in Delta state has for a long time rejected you guys... So deal with the reality looking at u...maybe u want to start claiming Bayelsans, Akwa-Iboms, Cross Rivers, Edolites and of course the rest of meddle beltans.....notorious landlocked online country running by force attachees.....
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Ideadoctor(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
please guys, mods are banning me anytime I updates stories in the literature section for ni reason, please how do I complain to them I have sent a lot of email messages but no reply,in fact I am pisssd
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
ada9ja:

this alone shows u dont understand me at all.....u re just defending IPOB blindly

Aswearugaaad

Glad you Mentioned this. Ask yourself why anyone has to defend IPOB if not because they've been wrongly and unjustly classified.

I get your point of view, but I'm only saying that if those whom we've tasked to protect our lives and property have sworn not to do it, should we remain defenseless?

Your answer to the above will help you see where I'm coming from. I'm not a blind supporter, infact, I have issues with some of Nnamdi Kanu's utterances and believe he should adopt a new approach, but on this particular issue, ESN is a goal.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
favor914:
The Government of Nigeria is the terrorist, & ipob is the Government? The sooner you leave Nigeria like kanu the better for you, you have no future in Nigeria, & have no plans of trying to develop yourself., [/b]you want to use so called Ipob emancipation to hide your failures?

[b]Cowards the Nigerian Army will wipe out your family & ipob in 6 hrs, they wouldn’t find your remains to bury.
Aswearugaaad

Sorry o, future detector. I'm glad to tell you your future-ometer needs recalibration.

Anyways, with comments like yours I can say you truly deserve your leaders. I'm sure you were one of the protesters seeking the dissolution of the rogue SARS police unit, but you're here campaigning for violence on innocent citizens. Hypocrite.

Over-bleached mgbeke.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by MrMaestro: 3:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
I have 3 very simple questions that I would like an answer to.

1. What legal authority does the ESN operate under? Above police? Below? If they arrest a herdsmen can they even file paperwork to prosecute them?

2. If an ESN member kills someone innocently, who does the outfit answer to within the east? The governors that they don't operate under? The people of the east, that did not give them power or vote for the architect of the outfit? Who do they answer to within the region?

3. What EXACTLY differentiates these men from gang members that also carry weapons and answer to no one? And please, no answers regarding "moral righteousness", I want specifics.

It is funny to me that these very simple questions are overlooked by people who care more about a show of force, than actual security. This outfit has no authority and is toothless. But some easterners see this criticism from yorubas as an attack rather than valid critiques that should be used to make the ESN stronger and foundationally sound. But regardless, when it disintegrates in a year because Nnamdi has run out of money, or has gotten tired of running this security outfit don't be shocked. It's not a part of his job, so he can stop it at anytime. Meanwhile with Amotekun they're financially supported by the revenue generated by the states, and are perpetually led by the governors. Easterners really need to wake up and demand better because this ESN will fail before it even begins.

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
wirinet:

That's according to IPOB and it's supporters, but according to Nigerian law, IPOB is a terrorist organization. It has been gazetted. So unless the government removes it from our laws and the official gazette, IPOB remains a terrorist organization in Nigeria. It just like the Gulen Movement in Turkey. It is a terrorist organization in Turkey but it's not in the US.

You guys need to learn to separate your emotions from reality if you want to make any progress.
Aswearugaaad

Brother thank you for your input.

Now it is criminal and quite malicious to tell people not to feel aggrieved when you have given them a name they do not bear, meanwhile the Fulani herdsmen who have even outdone the dreaded Boko Haram are being treated as kings.

Now on the issue of making progress, what do you think would have been the right approach?Please don't mention the Eastern governors - those guys are soulless. We have been clamoring for our own security outfit for a long a while now, but it's quite obvious that the security of their people is of no importance to them.

Most people just criticize without a better alternative.
So what would you have done better? I'm hoping to hear your view on this.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
kabillionaire:
and what if, whose approval you need to make it legal is the very person terrorising you?
in that case, you will wait to be slaughtered light a sallah ram abi?
do you know how many lives that are lost in the hands of these bloodthirsty fulani herdsmen?
do you have any idea how much damage they've caused?
I believe you're not yet affected.
and you think after mowe it you'll not reach Lagos?
na waoh for you ooo

Aswearugaaad

This is the point I've been tryna drive home since bro. You're on point.

The people we've been looking up to to save us are the ones selling us out for a place at the feet of their Fulani masters.

We can't stand by and watch these people destroy us. With each successful attack, they grow bolder.

I don't even live in the east but I'm not stupid.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by ada9ja(f): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Glad you Mentioned this. Ask yourself why anyone has to defend IPOB if not because they've been wrongly and unjustly classified.

I get your point of view, but I'm only saying that if those whom we've tasked to protect our lives and property have sworn not to do it, should we remain defenseless?

Your answer to the above will help you see where I'm coming from. I'm not a blind supporter, infact, I have issues with some of Nnamdi Kanu's utterances and believe he should adopt a new approach, but on this particular issue, ESN is a goal.

Okay sir
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by uzomaigwe: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Do u know that the reason why our country has failed security wise? it is because those we entrusted our security has failed. and the same with the Gorvos of southeast. so do u want the masses to also fail on their own responsibility of protecting themselves and family. note: ESN is not all about MNK, but the will of the people to save themselve; because he never forced anyone, but a matter of will. it is a wonderful gesture. 9ja wil not get it right, unless we the citizenry take active part in the securit sector of this nation. GOD BLESS 9JA. GOD BLESS MNK. GOD BLESS ESN
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by gidgiddy: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
Abaman001:

Stop dreaming bcus ur hope for ur online country has been completely shattered.... Igbo are at least indigenous people in 12states, oh really?...land grabbing terrorists..... Of course u have no hope in Rivers state and those in Delta state has for a long time rejected you guys... So deal with the reality looking at u...maybe u want to start claiming Bayelsans, Akwa-Iboms, Cross Rivers, Edolites and of course the rest of meddle beltans.....notorious landlocked online country running by force attachees.....

You better do your research well. If you go and tell people in Aniocha or Oshimili of Delta state that they are not Igbo, they will chase you away. If you go and tell the king of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozien, that he is not Igbo, he will tell you that Asaba people have never denied being Igbo, not even for one day. If you go to Rivers Stste and tell Egbema people in Egbema/Ndoni LGA, they will ask you what the Egbema people nextdoor in Imo state in Ohaji-Egbema LGA are. Or is it the Umuezeokohia people of Beue who have been crying as to why they were carved into Benue rather than Ebonyi. All these people are connected by one language and one culture

What makes me laugh is when a Bini man from Edo state gets up and says he is "Niger Delta" with an Ibibio man in Akwa Ibom whom he has no connection whatsoever with lol
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by awgumayor: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
ensamy:
Atleast East has ESN that the marauding Fulani herdsmen are scared of. Even if it's illegal as haters say. sad angry shocked sad Whenever they remember ipob ,they will retreat.
Thank you. It doesn't matter the colour of the cat as far as it catches mouse
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by wirinet(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Brother thank you for your input.
You are welcome. We are all in this mess together.

Now it is criminal and quite malicious to tell people not to feel aggrieved when you have given them a name they do not bear, meanwhile the Fulani herdsmen who have even outdone the dreaded Boko Haram are being treated as kings.
There is no problem with feeling aggrieved, the problem is how you act on the aggrievement.
A rightfully aggrieved wife might murder her husband, that does not exonerate her from the death penalty. There are legal or strategic means of showing her aggrievements.

It's no news that the government have failed either by ommission or commission with the Fulani herdsmen issue, even the US and other international bodies have acknowledged that. The next step is to now strategically tackle the issue. You see the York Yorubas have taken strategic steps to confront the Fulani menace by instituting Amotekun. The governors and political leaders coalesced to form the security outfit. The Fulani biased government first challenged the legality of the regional outfit. This forced the Governors to change it to states outfit backed by laws from the state assemblies. You see the issue is akin to a chess game.

Now on the issue of making progress, what do you think would have been the right approach?Please don't mention the Eastern governors - those guys are soulless. We have been clamoring for our own security outfit for a long a while now, but it's quite obvious that the security of their people is of no importance to them.
Even though the Governors are soulless, they are the best option you have. They are the one with the legal and political mandate to secure the states, and they have the necessary resources to fund the organisations.
So my suggestion is to take the "@endsars#" route or "@bring back our girls#" route. Even though lots of youths lost their lives, they got what whey were asking for. SARS was disbanded, panels were constituted in each state to look into human rights abuse by SARS, police salaries were increased, etc. When last did you see police harass youths in flashy cars or with dreadlocks? The Buhari government has actually lost legitimacy in the international community and if not for the coronavirus virus pandemic that has distracted most western country, the buhari government would have been under serious sanctions by now.

Most people just criticize without a better alternative.
So what would you have done better? I'm hoping to hear your view on this.
I advice you guys to employ civil disobedience, peaceful protests and social media campaigns to get the Governors to secure the lives of easterners.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by wirinet(m): 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
gidgiddy:

The same way there is no tribe called south/south, there is no tribe called south east or south west. All are artificial creations for political expediency by various governments since colonial times. There was not even a tribe called Igbo or Yoruba when the European first got here. Every tribe answered their name - ie Bini, egba, Aro, opi, ibibio, etc. So unless you suggest we revert back to our primordial political Structures, any other structure would be build of colonial political legacies.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2020
wirinet:

You are welcome. We are all in this mess together.

There is no problem with feeling aggrieved, the problem is how you act on the aggrievement.
A rightfully aggrieved wife might murder her husband, that does not exonerate her from the death penalty. There are legal or strategic means of showing her aggrievements.

It's no news that the government have failed either by ommission or commission with the Fulani herdsmen issue, even the US and other international bodies have acknowledged that. The next step is to now strategically tackle the issue. You see the York Yorubas have taken strategic steps to confront the Fulani menace by instituting Amotekun. The governors and political leaders coalesced to form the security outfit. The Fulani biased government first challenged the legality of the regional outfit. This forced the Governors to change it to states outfit backed by laws from the state assemblies. You see the issue is akin to a chess game.

Even though the Governors are soulless, they are the best option you have. They are the one with the legal and political mandate to secure the states, and they have the necessary resources to fund the organisations.
So my suggestion is to take the "@endsars#" route or "@bring back our girls#" route. Even though lots of youths lost their lives, they got what whey were asking for. SARS was disbanded, panels were constituted in each state to look into human rights abuse by SARS, police salaries were increased, etc. When last did you see police harass youths in flashy cars or with dreadlocks? The Buhari government has actually lost legitimacy in the international community and if not for the coronavirus virus pandemic that has distracted most western country, the buhari government would have been under serious sanctions by now.

I advice you guys to employ civil disobedience, peaceful protests and social media campaigns to get the Governors to secure the lives of easterners.
Aswearugaaad

I feel really helpless reading the bolded, but you raised very valid points.
I guess whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Dedetwo(m): 11:18am On Dec 24, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Your head is obviously paining you.

Amotekun is passed into law with legal backings by 5 state governors and recognised by the FG, NPF, etc.
Hisbah was launched by the Kano state govt and dully approved.

Anyone carrying arms illegally is a terrorist or a Thief. (especially with a wanted Terorist as leader).

I want ESN, but right protocols should be followed.

Only dumbass goons shout law and order or even constitutionality when there is none. Where are the laws which forbid soldiers from killing unarmed Nigerian civilians? There is no constitutional mandate which allows Nigerian armed forces to march into a Nigerian village and raze it to the ground.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Dedetwo(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2020
Ojiofor:

You and I knows that [b]IPOB [/b]can't even freely operate a church in Nigeria as a proscribed group talkless of a vigilante group.
If they are not illegal why are they not in the streets with operational base like Amotekun?
No difference between bss and esn.

How do you draw silly conclusion on subject matter you know nothing about except the craps you read from newspapers and junks from Internet? What is the symbol IPOB as an organization? The map of Biafra is not IPOB symbol and it amount to idiocy if one tries lump them together. Please how does IPOB equates to ESN? Please do not tell me what you heard about Nnamdi Kanu said. There is nothing in Nigeria with a legal tender. Nigeria is proscribed in a manner you think IPOB is proscribed too.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Ojiofor: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

How do you draw silly conclusion on subject matter you know nothing about except the craps you read from newspapers and junks from Internet? What is the symbol IPOB as an organization? The map of Biafra is not IPOB symbol and it amount to idiocy if one tries lump them together. Please how does IPOB equates to ESN? Please do not tell me what you heard about Nnamdi Kanu said. There is nothing in Nigeria with a legal tender. Nigeria is proscribed in a manner you think IPOB is proscribed too.

Dedetwo don't be delusional and irrational like most IPOB members who were born in 90s/2000s mitcheew.
IPOB is the initiator and creator of ESN and every recruit is a member of IPOB.
IPOB=ESN fact!

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by LabuleofNigeria: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Only dumbass goons shout law and order or even constitutionality when there is none. Where are the laws which forbid soldiers from killing unarmed Nigerian civilians? There is no constitutional mandate which allows Nigerian armed forces to march into a Nigerian village and raze it to the ground.

If the law is dead as you gullibly claim, go and stab someone to death.
i bet you'll learn the other sides of life and also learn to live within the laws.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by SaintBishop: 6:38am On Dec 27, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Shutup Abot, you don't speak for the SS, we Southerners support ESN wholeheartedly.
Remember our governors haven't Constituted a security outfit to protect us? if Nmandi can do it then we are all behind him.
You all don't understand that we in Akwa ibom loves the Igbos. we want them to prosper. we might not love to share the same country with them but given a choice between BIAFRA and Nigeria, we rather go with BIAFRA then stay in a country filled up with fulani terrorists.
Who made you lord over the south south people? And who are this We u keep talking about? my friend keep your bullshit to your akwa ibom people abi na akwacross people, stop dragging others into your nonsense.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2020
SaintBishop:
Who made you lord over the south south people? And who are this We u keep talking about? my friend keep your bullshit to your akwa ibom people abi na akwacross people, stop dragging others into your nonsense.
We have shall told you our own
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by SaintBishop: 8:42am On Dec 27, 2020
AustineJohn908:
We have shall told you our own
I don't fvcking give a fvck, the only reason why i mention you is because, you rope all of south south into your madness including my people, if you had just mention Akwa ibom in the first place i for no mention you duh.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by melodyogonna(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2020
ada9ja:
I solely support any security outfit from the east but not from a proscribe group because as a country we all should know is dead on arrival, so why support something good that can't hold ground for long? Assuming the eastern governor can bring out such, fine but through IPOB is going to be a waste.
But nobody cares what you support naw, you're just one person and not relevant in the scheme of things
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by melodyogonna(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2020
Wartsnigeria:

The difference is who set them up, Amotekum was set up by governors while ESN was setup by a wanted criminal without consulting any governor from the east . It is dead on arrival.
Who set up the Fulani herdsmen?
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by melodyogonna(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2020
Wartsnigeria:

So a single person can form a security network for the south east without consulting any governor. You make me laugh, I am from south east and I know it is dead on arrival.
Time sha tell

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Rearrested Boko Haram Kingpin, Kabiru Sokoto / Reno Omokri Has This To Say About Lawal Daura's Sack Today / See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.