Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,212 members, 7,846,020 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

"Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo (43406 Views)

Buhari Speaks With Fati Attahiru, Spouses Of Other Fallen Officers / Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Nnamdi Kanu Launches ‘Eastern Security Network’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by ada9ja(f): 8:26am On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Why on this green earth was IPOB proscribed?
How did self-determination become terrorism?
Why do stupid people call IPOB a terrorist organization?

So since the lily-livered eastern governors have decided to remain chickens, should we fold our hands and watch while the herdsmen continue to decimate our people?

If what IPOB is doing is terrorism, then the whole idea of terrorism is lost on me.

u didnt calm down to read my comment before you quote me.....
whether IPOB is a terrorist group or not.....it has been proscribe as one by the government (which i do not support), so anything from them will not work, that's what am saying...i have been saying this...charity begins at home.....the igboland needed more attention than what IPOB are looking for, if only IPOP can channel their energy to the governors and see Igboland develop, then we focus on seperating our self from Nigeria...eastern states gets allocations and they have better IGR but nothing to show for it as other states even the state MNK came from is the least developed in eastern state, yet he has not carry is crusade of fighting for injustice to that state but Nigeria...creating such Security network is only trying to make the government look justified in proscribing them cos that how terrorism starts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by OfficialAPCNig: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2020
Ideadoctor:
I don't understand! if Yoruba people show you hatred you will complain,but someone is showing love you still call it fake love....men...you got problem, big problem
You mean made in Ogbomosho love?
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Pimine: 8:48am On Dec 23, 2020
ada9ja:

u didnt calm down to read my comment before you quote me.....
whether IPOB is a terrorist group or not.....it has been proscribe as one by the government (which i do not support), so anything from them will not work, that's what am saying...i have been saying this...charity begins at home.....the igboland needed more attention than what IPOB are looking for, if only IPOP can channel their energy to the governors and see Igboland develop, then we focus on seperating our self from Nigeria...eastern states gets allocations and they have better IGR but nothing to show for it as other states even the state MNK came from is the least developed in eastern state, yet he has not carry is crusade of fighting for injustice to that state but Nigeria...creating such Security network is only trying to make the government look justified in proscribing them cos that how terrorism starts
Aswearugaaad

I read your comments really well before responding.

My point is this: does it look like the eastern govs give a hoot about their people?
Is it when we're all dead that they would act? Should we wait until such a time that we can't step foot in our own hometowns cos they've been overrun by the rampaging Fulani herdsmen?

The Nigerian government has been killing IPOB for years now. This would have been enough for any other group to pay them back in their own coin since that is the language they understand. And Boko Haram has demystified the Nigerian Army and shown us that they ain't shit when you face them fire for fire.

But IPOB has never been and will never be a terrorist organization.

The Nigerian government is the terrorist not IPOB, and people like you are the ones giving them GINGER.

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by IkpuMmadu: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2020
RedPanthar:

Indeed yorubas and games

Leave igbos alone please. The igbo obsession is annoying. Get a life.

Igbo are their enigma ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Psoul(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Your head is obviously paining you.

Amotekun is passed into law with legal backings by 5 state governors and recognised by the FG, NPF, etc.
Hisbah was launched by the Kano state govt and dully approved.

Anyone carrying arms illegally is a terrorist or a Thief. (especially with a wanted Terorist as leader).

I want ESN, but right protocols should be followed.

Show me where OPC was recognized in law and who formed it.
Bakassi existed. Tell me where in law it was gazetted.

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by ada9ja(f): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

The Nigerian government is the terrorist not IPOB, and people like you are the ones giving them GINGER.

this alone shows u dont understand me at all.....u re just defending IPOB blindly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by favor914: 9:12am On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

My point is this: does it look like the eastern govs give a hoot about their people?
Is it when we're all dead that they would act? Should we wait until such a time that we can't step foot in our own hometowns cos they've been overrun by the rampaging Fulani herdsmen?

The Nigerian government has been killing IPOB for years now. This would have been enough for any other group to pay them back in their own coin since that is the language they understand. And Boko Haram has demystified the Nigerian Army and shown us that they ain't shit when you face them fire for fire.

The Government of Nigeria is the terrorist, & ipob is the Government? The sooner you leave Nigeria like kanu the better for you, you have no future in Nigeria, & have no plans of trying to develop yourself., you want to use so called Ipob emancipation to hide your failures?

Cowards the Nigerian Army will wipe out your family & ipob in 6 hrs, they wouldn’t find your remains to bury.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by favor914: 9:18am On Dec 23, 2020
Psoul:

Show me where OPC was recognized in law and who formed it.
Bakassi existed. Tell me where in law it was gazetted.
The Oodua Peoples Congress was formed by a group of Yoruba elites and artisans which included Dr.Fredrick fasehun (its first national leader), Aare Gani Adams (15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba land), Ibrahim Atanda, Idowu Abobanawo, Mrs.Adebowale (Maman Ijebu), Olumide Adeniji, Tony Ugurube of Ijaw, South-South extraction, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele, Hon. Kayode Oladele, Baba Oluwide Omojola, Baba Taiwo, Baba Oja, Adesokan Oloyede, Bola Aidi, Comerade Olubunmi Olusona, Silas Alani, and Wole Adebayo respectively among others.

They decided to form an organization to actualize the annulled mandate of Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, a Yoruba who most people believed to be on his way to winning the presidential election of 12 June 1993, which was subsequently annulled by the military government before vote tallying was complete.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2020
Onlinesmart:
I will quote you when the killings start. Your stupidity no get rival. With ESN formed, ipob is now a rebel group in the eyes of government. I don't even know how you guys can survive a war with your host country. No country will side a rebel group against its host. If you think any help is coming, you're in the fool's paradise. It has never happened. You guys aren't bright at all.
If no country support a rebel group. how come BIAFRA got support from many countries?
Anyways as I said, Anyone against ESN is a devil that love blood
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by wirinet(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2020
ada9ja:

this alone shows u dont understand me at all.....u re just defending IPOB blindly

My sister, he will start calling you efulefu or afonja soon.
IPOB members behave like Trump supporters, they believe kanu is the only lord and saviour of the igbo race. At least Trump has constitutional powers to do all he does - rightly or wrongly. Who gave kanu the powers he wants to wield?

IPOB members that there are no other recognisable authority in igbo land except kanu. Governors- the don't recognise, other political leaders - they dispise, traditional rulers nko - they ignore. If IPOB was led by an intelligent strategist, he would have gathered his millions of supports to government house, state assemblies and traditional palaces to compel the Governors to spend the billions of naira allocated for security votes to actually provide security. Each of them can former their own security outfit according to extant laws and the merge them or a unit to collaborate on the security of the East in general.

I feel this is just a stunt by Kanu to collect dues from helpless easterners by saying he needs money to run the security outfit. Establishing and running a security outfit is a very expensive venture. You need huge funds to pay the volunteers (besides you need to feed and house them and provide for their welfare) and buy equipments like vehicles, weapons and communication gadgets. How long do you think he can sustain the outfit on public donation and dues?

2 Likes

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Richiedaddy: 9:42am On Dec 23, 2020
RedPanthar:

Adresss issues and not personalities. How is Amotekun different from ESN/Hisbah? I'm not igbo but can use my head. Use yours

Please do this ESN got there gun from, when Amotekun was formed federal government stated it categorically that there were not allowed to carry gun until state government constitute a law that will guaranteed such.
I am not against their security outfit but I am against the gun wielding group
The have no recognized leader
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by wirinet(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2020
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

That's according to IPOB and it's supporters, but according to Nigerian law, IPOB is a terrorist organization. It has been gazetted. So unless the government removes it from our laws and the official gazette, IPOB remains a terrorist organization in Nigeria. It just like the Gulen Movement in Turkey. It is a terrorist organization in Turkey but it's not in the US.

You guys need to learn to separate your emotions from reality if you want to make any progress.

2 Likes

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Abaman001:

Terrorist!.... Just focus on ur landlocked five eastern states and leave South South alone, we are not brainwashed i-diots like you guys, we can't support a terrorist speaking for us....frustrated and confused donkeys
Shutup Abot, you don't speak for the SS, we Southerners support ESN wholeheartedly.
Remember our governors haven't Constituted a security outfit to protect us? if Nmandi can do it then we are all behind him.
You all don't understand that we in Akwa ibom loves the Igbos. we want them to prosper. we might not love to share the same country with them but given a choice between BIAFRA and Nigeria, we rather go with BIAFRA then stay in a country filled up with fulani terrorists.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Obascoetubi: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Oga do your findings, OPC is recognised by each state. It has its place in state laws
Gani Adams use to be the overall OPC chairman.

They dont carry arms, they carry juju
HOW THEY USE JUJU CATCH ARMED ROBBERS MITHOUT GUN?
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kingbobby: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Your head is obviously paining you.

Amotekun is passed into law with legal backings by 5 state governors and recognised by the FG, NPF, etc.
Hisbah was launched by the Kano state govt and dully approved.

Anyone carrying arms illegally is a terrorist or a Thief. (especially with a wanted Terorist as leader).

I want ESN, but right protocols should be followed.
See person, which law the one that exist or not ,you don't even know the meaning of a terrorist.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kingbobby: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

I am not Igbo, but Humanity first !

If your family was killed in the last bloodbath, u wont be typing gibberish here.
Learn to value human lives. This is 21st century, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Nothing is worth loosing precious lives for. Use your brain power more than muscle
Tell that to your Fulani &Boko brothers
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Psoul(m): 10:27am On Dec 23, 2020
favor914:
The Oodua Peoples Congress was formed by a group of Yoruba elites and artisans which included Dr.Fredrick fasehun (its first national leader), Aare Gani Adams (15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba land), Ibrahim Atanda, Idowu Abobanawo, Mrs.Adebowale (Maman Ijebu), Olumide Adeniji, Tony Ugurube of Ijaw, South-South extraction, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele, Hon. Kayode Oladele, Baba Oluwide Omojola, Baba Taiwo, Baba Oja, Adesokan Oloyede, Bola Aidi, Comerade Olubunmi Olusona, Silas Alani, and Wole Adebayo respectively among others.

They decided to form an organization to actualize the annulled mandate of Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, a Yoruba who most people believed to be on his way to winning the presidential election of 12 June 1993, which was subsequently annulled by the military government before vote tallying was complete.

Then tell us the part of constitution that backed the formation and also tell us why they were not stopped from functioning.
Also tell us why Bakassi Boys where accepted to function then and tell us why ESN should not function.
Please don't be bias, let us learn and we may see more reasons from ur own perspective.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Kinematics: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2020
AustineJohn908:
[s]Shutup Abot, you don't speak for the SS, we Southerners support ESN wholeheartedly.
Remember our governors haven't Constituted a security outfit to protect us? if Nmandi can do it then we are all behind him.
You all don't understand that we in Akwa ibom loves the Igbos. we want them to prosper. we might not love to share the same country with them but given a choice between BIAFRA and Nigeria, we rather go with BIAFRA then stay in a country filled up with fulani terrorists.[/s]

See crass illiteracy...

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Kinematics:

See crass illiteracy...

Shey I was talking about Akwa ibom state? So why are u choking your mouth now?
Abasi Aya Mia afo ufen for quoting mi
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Abaman001(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Shutup Abot, you don't speak for the SS, we Southerners support ESN wholeheartedly.
You all don't understand that we in Akwa ibom loves the Igbos. we want them to prosper. we might not love to share the same country with them but given a choice between BIAFRA and Nigeria, we rather go with BIAFRA then stay in a country filled up with fulani terrorists.

Shameless attachee by all means....no true south south person speak in ur manner, stop impersonating bcus we will never be part u guys foolishness....we reman Niger Deltans, we have our own views towards Nigeria settings, are not part of ur separatism but restructure and resources management/Control
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2020
Abaman001:

Shameless attachee by all means....no true south south person speak in ur manner, stop impersonating bcus we will never be part u guys foolishness....we reman Niger Deltans, we have our own views towards Nigeria settings, are not part of ur separatism but restructure and resources management/Control
Lol. Mumu check my history here you will see I'm an Akwa Ibomite. just cause I'm not against the Igbos and they Secession cause doesn't mean I'm not from the ND.
We Akwa Ibomites support the Igbos and Eastern Security network Wholeheartedly.
You Ikwerres or Riverians can do your worst
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Kinematics: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2020
AustineJohn908:
[s]Shey I was talking about Akwa ibom state? So why are u choking your mouth now?
Abasi Aya Mia afo ufen for quoting mi[/s]

You were talking about SS. Fool!

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by tungamaje: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2020
wirinet:

Simple answer. Hisbah and Amotekun was constituted by governors, who are the chief security officers of the state. Under which authority did Kanu constitute a state or regional security organisation?

Ok. If ESN arrests fulani herdsmen or others commiting crimes, what will be their next course of action? Do they have the power to prosecute them?

Yes, a security outfit is seriously required for the eastern region, but a banned organizational led by a fugitive is not the person to create and run it. Easterners should demand that the Governors should actually do their job.

I love your write up. The problem is that easterners demanded their governors to set up a security outfit and they were afraid to do so, should the people just sit down and do nothing? You see that 's the problem with Nigerians. We don't react, we are too docile. We don't challenge the system. Even some aren't happy the Endsars youths challenged the old order. Things will change for the better if challenge our so called leaders

1 Like

Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Abaman001(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2020
AustineJohn908:
Lol. Mumu check my history here you will see I'm an Akwa Ibomite. just cause I'm not against the Igbos and they Secession cause doesn't mean I'm not from the ND.
We Akwa Ibomites support the Igbos and Eastern Security network Wholeheartedly.
You Ikwerres or Riverians can do your worst

No Akwaibomite does mr impersonator
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Maghan37: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2020
banmee:

I hope you understand that is the foundation for a civil war. I promise you do not want war. Not in a country like Nigeria.
Yes you are right about nobody wanting war but at the same time I have every right to live my life on my personal terms and not on terms of pple who regard themselves as superior to me and are ready to use violence to prove it. See what is happening in the North today, 87% of the Emir's are Fulani's if not because the likes of Argungun, and The Kanuris resisted d same faith would have befallen them. Also see the way these pple betrayed Afonja.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2020
Abaman001:

No Akwaibomite does mr impersonator
You can believe whatever you want
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2020
Kinematics:

Abot
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by AustineJohn908(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2020
Kinematics:

Abot
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2020
I have mixed feelings about both ESN and Amotekun: in an ideal world, neither should exist because they would inevitably mutate into ethnic militias that would rip the country apart. But then again, the North's long history of impunity is what has led us here.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Nchenches: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2020
UnimkeAk:

First of all am not from the east or Igbo...

But how is Nnamdi kanu a terrorist
And ipob a terrorist organization
And herdsmen are roaming free

You don't like the easterners esp, north and west yet u won't allow them go...

For us in the Niger delta , we have no issues with Biafra , we would like to see it happen for them , just don't get us involved in an ethnic seccession...
Let biafra have an arrangement of federating states with a very weak centre and we the ND will jump in with everything..

In bold: but a weak centre with federating provinces is what new Biafra is all about.

This is why it’s not logical to include non-Igbos in the east to Biafra before hand, because those non-Igbos shall come running asking to be part of Biafra afterwards.
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by Ideadoctor(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
You mean made in Ogbomosho love?
go away
Re: "Eastern Security Network" - Charly Boy Speaks With BBC Igbo by kabillionaire(m): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Karlosorji:
And if the people you expect will do the right thing refuses to act, should we just sit and watch our people die?

don't mind that nigga, when it has not touched them, that's how they know how to preach morality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948 (PHOTO) / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists In Arege, Borno. Recover Weapons (Photos) / Picture Of Mercy Johnson With Sanwo-Olu At APC Women Rally In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.