Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) (5540 Views)

Lady Turns Down Lover’s Surprise Marriage Proposal In Church(video) / Lady Turns Down Marriage Proposal Of Fellow Graduating Student And Walks Away / Ghanaian Lady Turns Down Boyfriend’s Proposal In The Mall, Pours Water On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by TrunnionNews: 10:50am On Jan 01, 2021
It's a shocking experience as a Twitter user took to his page to narrate how a lady turned down a job offer in Lagos because she's afraid to cross the Third Mainland Bridge.

According to what the Twitter user wrote, @lollypeezle said that the lady in question applied with a hope of getting a role in Mainland office of the company but was disappointed as only the Island office is the only one functional due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

When narrating further, he noted that the lady turned down the job offer because she has phobia for the plenty water and the Third Mainland Bridge.

See his tweets below
http://www.trunnionnews.com/2020/12/nigerian-lady-turns-down-n190k-job.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by fati2001(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2021
TrunnionNews:

It's a shocking experience as a Twitter user took to his page to narrate how a lady turned down a job offer in Lagos because she's afraid to cross the Third Mainland Bridge.

According to what the Twitter user wrote, @lollypeezle said that the lady in question applied with a hope of getting a role in Mainland office of the company but was disappointed as only the Island office is the only one functional due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

When narrating further, he noted that the lady turned down the job offer because she has phobia for the plenty water and the Third Mainland Bridge

See his tweets below
http://www.trunnionnews.com/2020/12/nigerian-lady-turns-down-n190k-job.html

this is my fear... Especially bridges that passed over rivers .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Observer007(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2021
shocked

If you nor wan cross 3rdMB use Eko or Carter Bridge na. Easy something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2021
fati2001:

this is my fear... Especially bridges that crossed over rivers .
Even if you'll be in a vehicle?
Really strange phobias.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by fati2001(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Even if you'll be in a vehicle? Really strange phobias.
YES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by ojun50(m): 11:23am On Jan 01, 2021
The first time i drove pass that bridge, was the day i saw half Salary I almost drove my boss in the river.

Till date company no dey let me drive there cars again

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by goodmorning40: 11:33am On Jan 01, 2021
She get options and alternatives because the fear of poverty is the greatest of all phobias

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by virginprincess(f): 11:54am On Jan 01, 2021
Her choice.
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by baralatie(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2021
ojun50:
The first time i drove pass that bridge, was the day i saw half Salary I almost drove my boss in the river.

Till date company no dey let me drive there cars again
grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Pochettino(f): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hmmm
Nothing wey Osibanjo no go see for strip club

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by doggedfighter(f): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
She knows better
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by paulolee(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
I don't think thats her main reason because the excuse looks like a joke dt jus wana trend..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by nanauju(f): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
Thought this was old news
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Hintona(f): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
Do what makes you happy grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
Well her life, her decision

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by benpuzzy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hunger never waya her.
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Octopusssy(f): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hunger never waya am
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by 4lorunsho(m): 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
She has other options if not she go grab am with full options
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by tnerro1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
I no blame her, the only way I can work in Lagos is if my office and my house are in the same street or area. Any thing that will make me live in one area and work in another area, I no gree ooo. That’s why I like Abuja, no traffic stress

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Nairalandwizerd(m): 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
But she didn't have phobia for huge pen,is. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2021
I don't blame her really. I tend to reject jobs on the mainland due to this reason.
After passing through 3rd mainland bridge every weekday of my life for 14years through secondary school and Uni. Some days, you would see dead bodies for 2- 3 days,sometimes in pieces, other times run over by cars, the smell of human blood still fresh on my mind.

The headaches and motion sickness I would endure crossing over the bridge while my dad will force me to read in the car. But i would use the book to cover my face and doze off

Once i kicked off my career, i told myself, that I will never suffer that again.

Nairalandwizerd:
But she didn't have phobia for huge pen,is. Nonsense.
Ode!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by BigDawsNet: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
Its better that way...

Life matters
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by careytommy37(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
This is probably a joke cos it doesn't make any sense
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Queenslander(f): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2021
Twitter stories,. Always take it with a pinch of salt!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by srazorblade(m): 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Phobias are real. The first time my dad drove me across 3rd mainland bridge in 1994, i had that phobia. I refused to look through the car windows and buried my head underneath the car sit. My dad forced me to raise up my head o but i closed my eyes. I remember that time, that ocean was very very blue, the sky were blue and it wa very windy, unlike now, it looks very dirty

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Nazgul: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
Believe her at your own peril. She obviously has a much better option.
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by milky3(f): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2021
she has other choices, suitable for her
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
I quite understand. 2021 has no place for fear
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Malawian(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Funny thing, water doesn't scare me, it is Air that scares me. Put differently, I prefare to enter ship going to America than to enter Aeroplane.
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by blinking001(m): 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
Whatever rocks her boat
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by Teena18(f): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
Even for 100k in these times, I'd cross even red Sea...6months after service and counting no job, business we managed to start sef, no customer.
God forbid that kind phobia o cry cry
Re: Nigerian Lady Turns Down N190k Job Offer In Lagos (see Her Reasons) by DrBrainstorm(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Teena18:
Even for 100k in these times, I'd cross even red Sea...6months after service and counting no job, business we managed to start sef, no customer.
God forbid that kind phobia o cry cry
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness / "Canada No Easy; Stay And Enjoy Buhari In Nigeria - Mason Lady Warns Nigerians / Select From This List The Only 3 Qualities You Can't Do Without In Ur Man/woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.