Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,425 members, 7,954,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. (9445 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Jonathan Is A Disappointment – Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf / Suntai’s Wife Admits He Is Unfit To Run Taraba - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by samtoye(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2011
@Poster
The title of your topic is much exaggerated and unwarranted considering the matter you put on ground, you are biased. GEJ remains the chief secuirty officer of the Nation and should be held responsible for a free and fair election. Buhari has never been a man of violence, he is just a very disciplined man. I won't blame you or others that are routing for GEJ and cohorts, Nigeria would never move forward if people like you continue to support PDP, GEJ, PDP godfathers, etc. If you are not part of the solution then you are probably part of the problem!!!!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by FKseun(m): 10:35am On Mar 30, 2011
@ aletheia
It is your post that is a disappointment to nairalanders!  You think all nairalanders do not possess full grasp of the english language?  Please  use your own "advanced" understanding of english to interprete what Buhari has said!   You people are quick to crucify Buhari based on kindagerten sentiments.  Where were you when Oshiomole told his supporters to set any election cheat on fire.  We should be very careful with our use of words and the cyber tools.  Every Tom, Dick & Harry with itchy fingers will just wake up and publish TRASH!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by bisiaet: 10:56am On Mar 30, 2011
Anyway I had opted to stop commenting on issue that relate to Buhari but on this particular occassion I need to say a few things.

Who hell is this so called Buhari of a thing? He has lost severally in trying to rule this country and still refuse to back out just getting more desperate everyday. His utterance and his secret agenda has really pissed me in so many occassion and later he will denies it. I had said it before a dictator is a dictator, a religious fundamentalist is a fundamentalist Buhari is a pretend wanting to come to power and turn Nigeria to a islamic madness state he is a pretender.

I had be looking for opportunity to say this since If Buhari can come out and defend his notorious underground meeting and agreement which he had recently with one of the Islamic kingdom to presure Nigeria to vote for him and if he win he will impose sharia and islamic madness in the name of cleaning up the country and he was promise  some sort of support and so on let him come out and defend this the fact is there this was recently done he(Buhari) knows what I am talking about I'm not afraid to tell it to his face because he knew it well.

I repeat and I qoute any one that want to vote for him should go ahead BUT I bet IT Nigeria will regret it because his mind is made UP to turn Nigeria to Yemen, Somalia etc where mutilation, flogging, beheading, stonning hanging etc is the order of the day but for Bakare he is a GONNER let him write it down. I know this may upset his followers but let us all watch what will happens if he eventually win. If he Buhari read wha I have just said above he knows what I am talking about . God bless.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Emmy3(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2011
The three best candidates for the job are:
* Goodluck Ebele Jonathan {35%}
* Nuhu Ribadu {35%}
* Pat Utomi {30%}
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ndu1988: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2011
Gen Buhari can never be president of country again not after his dictatorial regime where totality of nigerians groaned under pain,despair & depondency.We can't forget in a hurry grusome undemocratic tendencies he shown during his inglorious misruled dayz.Gen buhari or whatever nomenclature he represents is totally unfit and misfit.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Emmy3(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2011
Lets be realistic;
Buhari is the same as Abiola & Mubarak.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by JimmyBoy1: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2011
The General's comments were in order, PDP have stolen our mandates and plundered all along.

In 1999 PDP told us they have 'OBJ'answers to Nigerians questions, they could not answer in 4 years, we gave them 4 extra years in 2003 they  were still unable to answer. They told us in 2007 that OBJ questions are too many, that they can only answer 7 short questions, they still scored 0/7 after four years, making 12years of waste and backwardness. Time is Up, let us kick them out. I go for BB, though ACN is not bad idea too.

Vote for PDP                      = Blindness  ( Wole Soyinka)
Vote for Any other Party    =Perspective(Jimmy Boy)
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by EOS(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2011
If Buhari has lost the election already as claimed by some few individuals, why are they still having sleepless night? I expect them to start dinning and winning, instead of continous attack on him.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by dremoney(m): 11:21am On Mar 30, 2011
OP must be an absolute dummy, like seriously,wotever hppnd to your common sense?

If you have any,outright violence wont be an overstatement because PDP politicians are deaf and dumb. They are a bunch of evil, criminal minded animals.

kill it abeg!!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Bensonite: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2011
Where are the Buhari supporters? He is certainly losing as 25% of votes in 24 states win will certainly be impossible for him. We can not trust our future on a dictator that incites violence. In all honesty GEJ made it bold and clear that his electoral victory do not deserve a person to be killed whereas Buhari says the opposite.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by nodullin(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2011
[b]Those who crafted Nigeria's 1979 constitution (on which the 1999 one is based) knew why they included the 25% in two-thirds of states requirement. It was to forestall the kind of situation in the First Republic where the NPC became the government at the center while still remaining a party restricted to the North ( a situation that contributed to the exacerbated tensions of that time in a multicultural and multi-religious country like ours.). They did this to ensure that anyone ascending to the office of president must command widespread national acceptance.

Buhari has run a largely sectional campaign in which his more ardent supporters have been known to chant: "Sai Buhari, ba u son mai fitsari a tsaye". Most of these supporters are illiterate and see the world through the prism of religious prejudice and violence that is largely directed towards other Nigerians not of their ethnicity or religion. For them, Buhari's campaign rallies are religious events. It is these same group that he urged to lynch election riggers. These people interpret election riggers as anyone not in support of their chosen candidate (Witness their violence directed at others on the day of Buhari's election campaign launch in Kaduna). The prevailing view among most of Buhari's supporters (even educated ones) is that he cannot lose a free and fair election. This zero-sum attitude leaves room for the misinterpretation that Buhari's loss means the elections were rigged.

Buhari's has patently ignored a whole section of the country in his campaign, hoping to become president on the weight of NW votes and to some extent NE and SW votes. This strategy is bound to fail as is becoming evident. Buhari has failed to educate his supporters that he can lose a free and fair election thus laying the groundwork for post-election violence. His utterances ought to be more nuanced. After all free and fair elections is the responsibility of all Nigerians including himself. . .as pointed out by Oshiomhole.

[/b]

GBAM!!!!!!!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by johnjoel(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2011
a peacefull man speaks his mind openly but evilmen hide their thought.buhari as a good man knows what is going to happen[[[ rigging that what they called it.sai buhari that the man]]][[[[ may god bless him and protect him
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by JimmyBoy1: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2011
Bensonite:

Where are the Buhari supporters? He is certainly losing as 25% of votes in 24 states win will certainly be impossible for him. We can not trust our future on a dictator that incites violence. In all honesty GEJ made it bold and clear that his electoral victory do not deserve a person to be killed whereas Buhari says the opposite.

They speak with one mouth and they do something else behind. GEJ said nobody should fight for him but PDP have been hounding thier opponents ever since. Some folks threw bomb at PDP rally at Niger state and they turned around to detain CPC candidate of the state, and his case will be heard after the Gubernotorial elections. They have not told us that they have arrested the real bomb throwers so how could they link the crime to the CPC man, a Gubernutorial candidate throwing bomb at a Campaign rally by himself, That is a story of Cock and Bull fighting.

At Akwa Ibom, supporters of ACN and PDP started trouble, and several properties were destroyed, I have no sympathy for arsonists nor murderers , but why did they arrest only ACN gubernutorial candidate?  and they charged him for tresonable felony.

Obviously, they are afraid at the moment as it seems election rigging game is up.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2011
@4good,

Who appoints the INEC chairman who in turn determines (largely if not totally) the "freeness" and "fairness" of the entire election processes?

So why then is he not calling for the current INEC chairman to be held personally responsible , or even jointly responsible ?

Is it because Jega is an Hausa man? He wants people to leapfrog over him and find Jonathan personally responsible, if Jega fails at his job.

Buhari is beginning to look very mischievious to me.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2011
There is nothing inciting about Buhari's comment. GEJ appoints the INEC head and board, GEJ controls the police and armed forces that will enforce law and order and are crucial to the conduct of a free and fair election.

If he can't be blamed, who else is to be blamed?

How can anyone reasonably say GEJ is NOT responsible if elections are not free and fair?

aletheia:

^^^I am sorry if you see it that way but I believe I must consider his words in the context of what he has said in the past and what has happened. Believe me when I say I have had personal experience of the typical CPC supporter and I know how they interpret his words.

Your view has been clouded by an alleged (and probably overzealous) CPC supporter. There is absolutely nothing inciting about that comment. The buck stops at the president's table and no one else's.

You are also mixing different issues that have no connection to each other - Buhari is (rightly) focussing on his power base in the North, but has NOT neglected the South as you claim - he has held rallies in Ibadan and other southern cities so where is the bias?

Besides, what is the relevance of courting your power base to a valid assertion that the government of the day (who control the security apparatus, provide funding and logistics for INEC and appoint their officials) be held responsible for the elections?

If the security agencies and INEC do their jobs, the elections will be inevitably free and fair. The performance of the latter is dependent primarily on the will of the government of the day to allow a free and fair election.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by suxes2005(m): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
Mak em come blame me now,

I dont even know whats wrong with some pple
We all know GEJ can do this work if he's not a member
of pdp. But since he is in the evil caucus nothing good
can come from him

Check most of ma post here b4 i used to believe in him
but he's not worth to be our president at all.

No change can come from him

I know he will win but we shall continue in this normal
mess till any person comes and rule us from a diff party

SHALOM
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
londoner:

@4good,

Who appoints the INEC chairman who in turn determines (largely if not totally) the "freeness" and "fairness" of the entire election processes?

So why then is he not calling for the current INEC chairman to be held personally responsible , or even jointly responsible ?

Is it because Jega is an Hausa man? He wants people to leapfrog over him and find Jonathan personally responsible, if Jega fails at his job.

Buhari is beginning to look very mischievious to me.

I have just one question for you.Is Inec really independent ? Yes or No
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Akainzo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
ndu1988:

Gen Buhari can never be president of country again not after his dictatorial regime where totality of nigerians groaned under pain,despair & depondency.We can't forget in a hurry grusome undemocratic tendencies he shown during his inglorious misruled dayz.Gen buhari or whatever nomenclature he represents is totally unfit and misfit.

So if you were a christian, you would refuse to read books of Romans, the Corinthians, Galatians, Titus, Ephesians, Philippians, Thessalonians, Timothy and Philemon as contained in the Bible simply because they were written by Paul who used to persecute christians? You indeed can't seem to rise beyond your bigoted outlook.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Blutooth, INEC may not have been independent in the past, but is the INEC chairman who presides over a flawed election (we are yet to see what happens here) not complicite in maintaining those flaws?

Yes or no?

That is why I asked why Buhari is not asking for them to both be jointly responsible if the elction is not free and fair, and he may be trying to insinuate that if he loses the election it is as a result of a flawed process, I dont think that is the right assumption for him to propogate.

Again, no government not even in Nigeria can ensure an election is not free and fair without the cooperation of the INEC chairman, his agencies, staff etc, either before, during or after the election or even all three.

If it is the president fault alone, why then was Jega's predecessor vilified?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by habayommy: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
bisiaet:

Anyway I had opted to stop commenting on issue that relate to Buhari but on this particular occassion I need to say a few things.

Who hell is this so called Buhari of a thing? He has lost severally in trying to rule this country and still refuse to back out just getting more desperate everyday. His utterance and his secret agenda has really pissed me in so many occassion and later he will denies it. I had said it before a dictator is a dictator, a religious fundamentalist is a fundamentalist Buhari is a pretend wanting to come to power and turn Nigeria to a islamic madness state he is a pretender.

I had be looking for opportunity to say this since If Buhari can come out and defend his notorious underground meeting and agreement which he had recently with one of the Islamic kingdom to presure Nigeria to vote for him and if he win he will impose sharia and islamic madness in the name of cleaning up the country and he was promise  some sort of support and so on let him come out and defend this the fact is there this was recently done he(Buhari) knows what I am talking about I'm not afraid to tell it to his face because he knew it well.

I repeat and I qoute any one that want to vote for him should go ahead BUT I bet IT Nigeria will regret it because his mind is made UP to turn Nigeria to Yemen, Somalia etc where mutilation, flogging, beheading, stonning hanging etc is the order of the day but for Bakare he is a GONNER let him write it down. I know this may upset his followers but let us all watch what will happens if he eventually win. If he Buhari read wha I have just said above he knows what I am talking about . God bless.

hmmmmmmmmmm sad
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
londoner:

That is why I asked why Buhari is not asking for them to both be jointly responsible if the elction is not free and fair, and he may be trying to insinuate that if he loses the election it is as a result of a flawed process, I dont think that is the right assumption for him to propogate.

If it is the president fault alone, why then was Jega's predecessor vilified?

Why should he mention Jega? Should he also mention the IG Ringgim? Or the head of the army or SSS? Should he mention the names of the AIGs in charge of states as well? Or the State or Zonal coordinators of INEC?

All these people are appointed or report to GEJ. Even now there are serious concerns about the impartiality of the police. Whose responsibility is it to ensure the police force is impartial and if not GEJ?

[size=15pt]Parties say police not prepared for elections [/size]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5686315-146/story.csp

But the briefing was not without drama. The Inspector General lost his cool when journalists asked questions about impartiality of the police during the polls and wanted to know what would be done in such an event. He rained invectives on the journalists, describing them as “irresponsible and unreasonable” before walking out and refusing to answer further questions.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5686326-146/story.csp

I ask again, who is to be blamed if the police or armed forces are partial? Is it the heavens or is it the commander in chief of the armed forces?  
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by hasyak(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
bisiaet:

I [b]had be looking for opportunity to say this since If Buhari can come out and defend his notorious underground meeting and agreement which he had recently with one of the Islamic kingdom to presure Nigeria to vote for him and if he win he will impose sharia and islamic madness in the name of cleaning up the country and he was promise  some sort of support and so on let him come out and defend this the fact is there this was recently done he(Buhari) knows what I am talking about I'm not afraid to tell it to his face because he knew it well.[/b]

I repeat and I qoute any one that want to vote for him should go ahead [b]BUT I bet IT Nigeria will regret it because his mind is made UP to turn Nigeria to Yemen, Somalia etc where mutilation, flogging, beheading, stonning hanging etc is the order of the day but for Bakare he is a GONNER let him write it down. I know this may upset his followers but let us all watch what will happens if he eventually win. If he Buhari read wha I have just said above he knows what I am talking about [/b]. God bless.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by hasyak(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
hasyak:

just read the bolded and you leave us with doubt on your high level of thinking, it would have done you more good to leave us in doubt on it!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Adamuhassa: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
If Buhari wishes to rehabilitate himself in the eyes of the citizenry whom he has so cruelly wronged, he should first scuttle his ambitions,, To insist on another taste of power, after such a history of gross abuse of power is an insult to any nation that values freedom and human dignity"
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka:
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ndu1988: 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
The outrageous & unlawful arrest and detention of Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson,both journalists of The Guardian newspaper and numerous journalists incarcerated without trial for the duration of his gruesome government further clarify his inability to govern this country.He lacks the political virility which we all saw @ nn24 presidential debate;he wasn't able articulate his agenda coherently.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by xremmy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
I hope all this BB. supporters heard what the national chairman of CPC said yesterday at the meeting called by the nigeria police. The Chaiman, Galadima said if Buhari does not win the election by 80%, that means the election was rigged. That even if the result is 79.9% they woul believe the election was rigged.

My fellow Nairalanders, is this not setting urself up for sympathy in the event of the eventuality. This CPC people are so arrogant and stupid. Are they the only electorates or they believe their propanganda bug has bitten everybody in the country.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^ Rumour mongers have started again. . . .can you bring out one reliable link that supports this claim?

For your info, PDP allegedly stormed out of the meeting saying GEJ must win by 99.5%, that even 99.49% will be deemed as rigging for Buhari. grin grin
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Debosky, "Why should he mention Jega?"

What! Is he not the head of INEC?

Why should he NOT mention INEC, that is more to the point.

Yes he SHOULD mention all of the organs of Nigerian society [b]who's collusion is required to deliver an election which is not free and fair, [/b]the president alone can not deliver a flawed election and we all know it.

If what you say is true, then why are people wasting their time talking about even the possibility of Buhari or anyone else winning, or there EVER being a party other than PDP in the presidency.  why did people register to vote then if it is impossible to have a free and fair election as long as PDP holds the presidency, and also that PDP will always hold the presidency?

From what you are saying its actually IMPOSSIBLE.

Again, can I ask you why Iwu was so criticised when he was chairman? How come the then president did not take all the blame as you are saying GEJ should?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Odunnu: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
In a weird kinda way i'm beginning to like these BB supporters.
We'v all thru ths period been terrorised by the Jarusaisha2proBBteam and every seemingly 'negative' flaw of PDP was forcefully pasted on the front page while any thread that has/had any positive proBB slogan sat happily on the front page.
I guess a bigger 'masquerade' just showed up and 'kinda reversed' the trend,now they are gasping for air.
Mu heee heee heeee
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
londoner:

@ Debosky, "Why should he mention Jega?"

What! Is he not the head of INEC?

Why should he NOT mention INEC, that is more to the point.

Yes he SHOULD mention all of the organs of Nigerian society who's collusion is required to deliver an election which is not free and fair, [/b]the president alone can not deliver a flawed election and we all know it.

Why waste time mentioning them individually when they ALL answer to GEJ? GEJ is [b]ultimately
responsible - he appointed Jega, the IG and other bodies responsible for delivering free and fair elections.

Does the IG act independently of his boss' instruction? Does the Army act independently of its Commander in Chief?

Who is funding INEC and it's operations, is it not the Federal Government?

Head of INEC is important no doubt, but MORE IMPORTANTLY is the person setting the standards above him. Leadership is the biggest problem we have - if the right example is set at the top it will flow down. Inevitably GEJ remains the fall guy if things go wrong.

If what you say is true, then why are people wating their time talking about even the possibility of Buhari or anyone else winning, or their EVER being a party other than PDP in the presidency.  why did people register to vote then if it is impossible to have a free and fair election as long as PDP holds the presidency?

You've gotten things mixed up. I have not said free and fair elections are impossible with PDP. However, since PDP controls the federal security apparatus, they will be held responsible[b] if [/b]the police (under their control) fails to do its duties.

GEJ needs to do everything in his power to ensure INEC, the police and Army remain impartial and enforce the rule of law. If that happens, the elections will be free and fair, regardless of the final winner.

Again, can I ask you why Iwu was so criticised when he was chairman? How come the then president did not take all the blame as you are saying GEJ should?

Who appointed IWU? Did IWU simply wake up one day and decide INEC chairman?

Of course he was criticized, just as the IG and others are being criticized now. But it will be utter folly to think those individuals are acting solely of their own volition - the buck must stop somewhere and that is at GEJ's desk simple.

It is in his hands to ensure a free and fair election, regardless of the eventual winner.

GEJ has openly said his legacy will be free and fair elections - Buhari is simply reminding him of his freely made promise and holding him to it.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by xremmy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
@debosky.   If you don't have a television set or can't afford a newspaper or can't even pay 20naira at the vendors to read them. I will oblige you with a link
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103303355626

You think everybody is a rumour monger propangandist like you.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by yungblurd(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
aletheai and beaf et al,it's like y'all have been paid to monitor buhari's errors,anyways, as for me i don't see anything incriminating in any of his words,jonathan has promised to deliver a free and fair election and if the election then turnout to be the other way round then who is to be blame? Though ensuring that an election is free and fair is a collective duty of the citizen,but jonathan as the president of the state has the superiority complex to make it free and fair as we all want it to be, i hope one day buhari would be vindicated,irrespective of the vendetta the pro jonathan gang has against him.bb all the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Are Sponsors Of Boko Haram - Former Wife Of Borno Royalty / $3m Bribe: We Released Lawan Under Pressure - Investigators / ACN Loses Another Council To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.