Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,360 members, 7,957,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:01 AM

General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. (9451 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Jonathan Is A Disappointment – Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf / Suntai’s Wife Admits He Is Unfit To Run Taraba - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by MaiSuya(m): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
xremmy:

I hope all this BB. supporters heard what the national chairman of CPC said yesterday at the meeting called by the nigeria police. The Chaiman, Galadima said if Buhari does not win the election by 80%, that means the election was rigged. That even if the result is 79.9% they woul believe the election was rigged.

What then is your problem with the statement?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by InesQor(m): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Aletheia:  Long time, Egbon! shocked I confess I'm amazed at your OP. Hmmm. I see your reason but I beg to disagree sha. . .
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Debosky, you sound like you keep changing the goal posts. There is alot of point in mentioning all the organs who would need to be complicit for the election. they are ALL answerable to Nigerians too.

You say the army take orders, yes they do, but Egypt's army refused to be used by a corrupt leaders against the wishes of the people. Do you think that if Obama ordered the army to shoot ordinary Americans that they would do it, president or not president, you know they would not. Do you think even the president of Ghana can give an order that the police use electoral violence or confiscate ballot boxes and they would comply?

These organs are not full of blind robots, but these people make choices. The individuals heading those organs of the state can actually decide to make better choices.

It is Jega's actual responsibility as INEC chairman to ensure a free and fair election. If not then what is he there for?
You say "ofcourse" to Iwu being criticised, yet it seems you dont see why Jega should be if the same should happen under his watch, seriously your opinion seems to actually be change depending on who is being mentioned.

Why should Iwu be criticised then if he had no say in the matter?

At the end of the day you are saying there is basically no way there can be a free and fair election.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Londoner

I have not excused any of the people you mentioned. The fact remains that GEJ is ultimately responsible for delivering free and fair elections. The 1999 elections were not perfect, but the Abdusalami government did their best to ensure they were largely free and fair.

People make choices yes, but you cannot negate the influence of leadership. The reason the Egyptian army did not attack was because of their leadership. If the leadership (ostensibly appointed by GEJ) is wrong, what hope is there for the rank and file?

Besides, those institutions are more independent than their Nigerian counterparts, which are suceptible to political influence from the FG.

JEGA cannot ensure free and fair elections - he can prepare his polling stations, electoral officers and other logistics, but he cannot prevent ballot snatching, voter intimidation and electoral officer intimidation by violent elements. Only the police and armed forces can do that. JEGA can attempt to be a fair umpire, but is powerless to control the external elements which impact him.

If Jonathan is intent on rigging the elections, by controlling the security apparatus and being able to frustrate INEC [b]if [/b]he chooses to, there will not be free and fair elections.

If on the other hand, he instructs the armed forces and police to be impartial and gives INEC all the required support, the elections will be free and fair.

That is the crux of the matter.

The only way you can conclude that I'm saying there can't be free and fair elections is if you're asserting that GEJ has decided to rig.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
Debosky, so, if there is voter/electoral intimidation, snatching of ballot boxes, will the president himself announce himself the winner?

At the end of the day it is Jega/ INEC who will or will NOT pronounce and adjudge the winner. HE has already handed the power to annul manipulated results at polling booths to HIS electoral officers.

He will be the last hurdle to clear for ANY candidate who uses the above to sit in the seat of the president.

He cant do the wrong thing, then turn around and say "the devil made me do it",
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
My issue with what Buhari has said, is that he is basically preparing his followers to cause problems should he not win. If Jonathan wins, he will be their president and he is grooming them to see him in a very negative light as if he personifies their enemy.

I think that will be the case whether the election is judged free and fair or not.

He is playing a dangerous game,
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Gadols(f): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]

BUHARI IS THE RIGHT MAN. VOTE FOR HIM
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
In all of these, I sympathise with three sets of people:

1) Innocent youth corpers posted to the north who might be lynched for the simple fact that they are not of Hausa stock.
During the last Delta state elections, when election materials failed to arrive early, many of the voters started shouting hard at the youth corpers who had no hand in the delay of election materials. Now imagine an igbo lady corper posted to A polling unit in  zamfara state and for some reason, the voters in the polling unit decide they don't like her attitude. Many, most of whom are blood thirsty illiterates would remember Buhari's lynch call and descend viciously on such a corper!!

2)Second group of persons I sympathise with is those Non Hausa that live in Northern Nigeria!! After GEJ has been declared winner, my prayer is that the violence would be contained and wouldn't amount to unneccesary bloodshed!

3)The folks I pity for most are those that would shout BB all the way and come April 9th vote BB all the way but would be mobbed and killed mercilessly by the Sai Buhari chanters for the simple reason that you are from a different religion!!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
1) Innocent youth corpers posted to the north who might be lynched for the simple fact that they are not of Hausa stock. --- It is interesting that all this has happened, and continue to happen under the PDP Administrations ---during these periods, security in the nation has been observed as more fragile than ever before.

2)Second group of persons I sympathise with is those Non Hausa that live in Northern Nigeria!! After GEJ has been declared winner, my prayer is that the violence would be contained and wouldn't amount to unneccesary bloodshed!
-- At least we have an admission here that under Goodluck Jonathan, Nigerians and foreigners have no guarantee of security from their own President, even after he is re-elected.

3)The folks I pity for most are those that would shout BB all the way and come April 9th vote BB all the way but would be mobbed and killed mercilessly by the Sai Buhari chanters for the simple reason that you are from a different religion!! -- Again, note that the state of Nigeria is more insecure now than ever before. If the citizen has no right, under this current government to openly express a view, what does that then tell us of how this country is currently being run?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by samuel4rea: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
can someone give me closing date
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by osoisi: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
Gen Buhari,God forbids a cruel man with extremist orientation to govern this country;while we have energetic,vibrant, intelligence and foresight looking individuals like GEJ that should be given a chance to bring about developmental changes to this country. We are here discussing frivolities; who comes to debate or not.

Gen Buhari is totally misfit and unfit Spiritually, psychically, emotionally, intellectually and otherwise incapable of ruling this country.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ndu1988: 3:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
go Gej
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
londoner:

My issue with what Buhari has said, is that he is basically preparing his followers to cause problems should he not win. If Jonathan wins, he will be their president and he is grooming them to see him in a very negative light as if he personifies their enemy.

I think that will be the case whether the election is judged free and fair or not.

He is playing a dangerous game,

This is a gross misrepresentation. Buhari has simply said that IF the elections are not free and fair (not if he doesn't win), GEJ should be held responsible. GEJ has PROMISED to conduct a free and fair elections so he is simply being held to his promise.

If the PRESIDENT of the Federal Republic cannot be held to his promise, who can?

He has made NO COMMENTARY regarding the winner, and has been the only presidential candidate to pursue his cases from the appeal courts all the way to the supreme courts in both cases where he lost in 2003 and 2007. Despite the repeated efforts to misrepresent him, he has followed the laid down due process EVERY TIME he felt aggrieved with election results.

To those using 'violence' as some sort of excuse not to support Buhari, was Buhari involved when the PDP thugs started blowing up LP structures in Bayelsa? Was Buhari involved in the campaign violence in Akwa Ibom?

Was Buhari president when Boko Haram were allowed to roam about freely killing people? Or while the atrocities in Jos were allowed to happen without remedy? Was Buhari responsible for the bomb blasts that have killed people in Delta and Abuja and elsewhere?

The pathetic attempts are simply that - pathetic. Buhari has contested TWICE in presidential elections and lost. Where is the evidence that when he loses his followers resort to violence?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
Is GEJ and PDP planning to rig?

Or why are they unsettled?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by londoner: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
@debosky, I am not taking this last statement from Buhari in isolation. This is one of a few that has subtly slipped from his mouth to his supporters.

Buhari is getting his supporters so riled up that they will take anything less than a win as an election which is deemed not free and fair.

There is a thing called the art of suggestion. You dont have to come out and make a statement in black and white in such cases.

He is basically making sure that if he does not win, his supporters will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan if he wins.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by naso2(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Is GEJ and PDP planning to rig?

Or why are they unsettled?

You dont seem to understand. Buhari and bakare have been making insinuations that the only way GEJ can win is by rigging. So to them "rigging" is when PDP wins.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ndu1988: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
na_so:

You dont seem to understand. Buhari and bakare have been making insinuations that the only way GEJ can win is by rigging. So to them "rigging" is when PDP wins.
so tru
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by kennyisaac(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ aletheia, u talk dumb, so u know, nigeria practices the presidential system, so any blame would go straight to the president, for instance, if there be any hiccup in the educational sector, who do u blame, is it the minister for education, no no no, so when u say buhari is deliberately inciting violence, r u sure u'r nat an opposition party, try to do your home work  better before u come say shit to us,
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
londoner:

@debosky, I am not taking this last statement from Buhari in isolation. This is one of a few that has subtly slipped from his mouth to his supporters.

Buhari is getting his supporters so riled up that they will take anything less than a win as an election which is deemed not free and fair.

There is a thing called the art of suggestion. You dont have to come out and make a statement in black and white in such cases.

He is basically making sure that if he does not win, his supporters will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan if he wins.

I disagree completely - problems will only arise IF PDP rigs the election. Besides, If Buhari has lost two previous elections without resorting to violence, there is absolutely no reason (despite the scaremongering over the years) to believe his supporters will do so this time around.

The murder of political opponents is the near sole preserve of the PDP. The perpetuation of violence has occurred primarily in PDP governed areas. If there is any worry about violence, it should be from the PDP, who are already congratulating GEJ as having won the election before a single vote has been cast.

Buhari is preaching vigilance - don't sit back and expect things to turn out well - participate and guard your votes.

To those claiming to 'understand' Buhari, kindly explain why he will do things differently this time and turn violent when he lost two races previously and didn't.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Odunnu: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari you must understand is a desperate man and desperation make you act inordinately
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by bjdon: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari is nothing but a dictator. He's totally deluded and has shown he's not prepared to accept any result other than Vicotroy. Somebody better tell him that Nigerian especially in the South do not want people like him rulling us anymore. He will loose BIGTIME and if he tries to inciete any violence after that he should be locked up.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by CrudeOil2(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
The statement made by Buhari reeks of immaturity, desperation and the do-or-die spirit of Naija polticians. The man is basically trying to incite violence and let the country burn in case he loses(which he would). He should be a good statesman as he claims to be and respect our coat of arms.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by aletheia(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
kennyisaac:

@ aletheia, u talk dumb. . .

Can you not make your point without insults. Did I abuse you in any way? What is it with most of you so-called Buhari supporters that you can not make a point without resulting to insults?

It is precisely this sort of predisposition to violence that Buhari is banking on by making comments which are designed to subliminally precondition you to die for him in the event that he loses the coming elections. Carry on. The day of your disillusionment is not far off. Thank God, mine came before the election.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
na_so:

And let GEJ prove he can win without rigging or is GEJ scared that he has been found out?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Odunnu: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
aletheia:

Can you not make your point without insults. Did I abuse you in any way? What is it with most of you so-called Buhari supporters that you can not make a point without resulting to insults?

It is precisely this sort of predisposition to violence that Buhari is banking on by making comments which are designed to subliminally precondition you to die for him in the event that he loses the coming elections. Carry on. The day of your disillusionment is not far off. Thank God, mine came before the election.
The oil flows from the head and down. They are obviously used to the military way of being aggresive just like their fanatical dada,the dictator.
Their minds have been violated over and over that they really dont get it when we tell them we are for democracy.
Bunch of twats!
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
Of course d only option for nigeria will be total chaos if an irresponsible party like pdp wins a landslide election in naija at this time and age of revolution .This is a chance for silent revolution and if it fails,d option will be catastrophic.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by redsun(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
Even Buhari has no absolute control of what is going on in naija .It is d people's time,d peeps will impose Buhari or whoever that is credible enough,ie, Utomi and if they fail to perform,d same peeps will set dem aside. It's d age of freedom of comon man
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by jmaine: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
The polls are coming up starting on Saturday, the 2nd of April and while some are just blowing hot air as internet warriors and analysts, most of us will be putting in action by voting where our mouth is . . Where do you stand . .  nairaland.com or reality by voting for your candidate . . .laughing off the junks being peddled here when the battle field is out there . If you are not eligible to vote and your making a hell of noise, you are wrong.  cool cool
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Akainzo(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
Odunnu:

The oil flows from the head and down. They are obviously used to the military way of being aggresive just like their fanatical dada,the dictator.
Their minds have been violated over and over that they really dont get it when we tell them we are for democracy.
Bunch of twats!

It is instructive that you are responding to a post on abusive language by using the very same abusive language  grin

Is it that their minds have been violated or that the minds of the PDP supporters have been so violated that they have now come to accept rubbish as standard. PDP has so bastardised the populace that we have almost come to even accept rigging as part of elections. Some would ask that, what will happen if you vote, so therefore why vote?

You refer to Buhari as fanatical, can you please give me the pointers that make you refer to him as such. The ones I can remember are:
1. He fanatically supports good for the common man.
2. He fanatically opposes corruption.
3. He fanatically preaches integrity and diligence.
4. He fanatically supported democracy once he decided to embrace it.
5. He fanatically believes that Nigeria can be great.

If you have some others forms of fanatism that he displays, I would appreciate that you list them out. Otherwise, stop blowing smoke.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
aletheia:

Hold your horses aletheia. . . .GEJ supporters are no saints either. Just go through the politics section to see the degree of insults and threats they have also poured out.

The thing is, there is little distinguishing both sides - both are prone to overzealousness and BOTH sides should be cautioned to exercise restraint, instead of peddling a false reality that only Buhari supporters are predisposed to violence.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ektbear: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
It is both silly and illogical to use the behavior of a few bad eggs (or many, even!) supporting either candidate to then disparage that candidate. . .
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Odunnu:

Bunch of twats!

See who's talking, we all know those who are quick to insult others, we all know their IDs, e.g wesley, beaf, feab, blighe, johndoe, onye gbu e.t.c, they all have one thing in common, they support PDP and GEJ who never dreamt of becoming a president, how can someone who never dreamt of becoming something be seen as someone who's going to have an idea of what to do when he ends up becoming that person?

You never dreamt of going to school, it was never in your plan in life to be a graduate, then you find yourself in school, just guess what's going to follow thus: (cluelessness)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ACN Loses Another Council To PDP / Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor / Borno Massacre: Nigeria Is On Auto Pilot - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.