Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. (9320 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Jonathan Is A Disappointment – Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf / Suntai’s Wife Admits He Is Unfit To Run Taraba - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by heilige(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
Say no to cheating. Let no one cheat you. PDP have always been rigging. It's time to say no.
One man one vote. We nigerians like to ride the next man, if he shows sign of weakness. It is now time to fight
for our rights. Say no to rigging, if it means through violence as the poster felt, then lez it be so.

Vote BB for 2011
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Demdem(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
aletheia:

^^^
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/inec-boss-threatens-resign-pm-news-nigeria?page=4

Na today, shorr.

here are some extracts from what you posted,

The Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has said that he will resign if there is too much pressure on him on the 2011 general election.

There are definately pressures on him even though he didnt specify

Speaking in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, (Hausa Service) monitored in Lagos, he said: “No one has so far has approached me with any impossible demand yet. I pray that such would never happen.

as at Jan 25, nothin but no one including you knows what he's going through now.

Anyway, during the early life of Iwu chairmanship, he said much more. Once again, na 2day?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Solomon227(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Abagworo(m): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
I don't understand the poster one bit.If PDP is declared winner when the majority of voters know that they cast their votes for Buhari, there will definitely be violence.

Nigerians are generally tired of the judiciary and I doubt if people will be patient enough this time.

My prayer is for the election not to be rigged.If GEJ wins fine.If Buhari wins fine.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by EzeUche(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2011
What do people expect from this man? He was a former military head of state. The man should not be anywhere near politics.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by omanzo02: 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2011
Buhari is on his last leg of political career, so is using one of his gimmick to garner sympathy, unknowing he's appearing to be the most violent among the contestants. grin grin grin
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Beaf: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2011
heilige:

Say no to cheating. Let no one cheat you. PDP have always been rigging. It's time to say no.
One man one vote. We nigerians like to ride the next man, if he shows sign of weakness. It is now time to fight
for our rights. Say no to rigging, if it means through violence as the poster felt, then lez it be so.

Vote BB for 2011

What about ACN and CPC riggers? An ACN man was caught with Anambra states "election results" just a couple of days ago.
Or is PDP being pointed at out of sour grapes, because it is the most popular party and unsporting fellows from other parties are jealous that they hold federal power?

Free and fair elections are a collective responsibility. Go with your camera and phone to the polling booth, use twitter, facebook etc. But if you are violent, chances are you'll get shot, cos there will be no smiling in election security this time around.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Solomon227(m): 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2011

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Abagworo(m): 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2011
If PDP has majority votes and ACN is declared winner,then the masses should protest for their rights.It is not a one sided affair.

Remember the majority will also win if an insignificant minority take to the streets.However if you have millions of people on the streets then the election was obviously rigged.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2011
buhari? FIRE
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by aletheia(m): 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
Demdem:

Na today, shorr.

here are some extracts from what you posted,

The Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has said that he will resign if there is too much pressure on him on the 2011 general election.

There are definately pressures on him even though he didnt specify

Speaking in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, (Hausa Service) monitored in Lagos, he said: “No one has so far has approached me with any impossible demand yet. I pray that such would never happen.

as at Jan 25, nothin but no one including you knows what he's going through now.

Anyway, during the early life of Iwu chairmanship, he said much more. Once again, na 2day?

^^Most of you comment without taking time to read the news. Because it is dated Jan 25, you consider it unacceptable. How about this one then:
Speaking also Atahiru Jega, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), said the electoral body had finalized arrangements to ensure a free, fair, credible and violent free elections.

“I made a presentation on behalf of INEC to the council on the state of preparedness and in summary, INEC is now well prepared, well position to conduct elections which will go a long way to satisfy the aspirations of Nigerian for free and fair elections. We have prepared adequately in terms of logistics, in terms of the training of our staff and in term of effective liaison with security agencies in order to provide security before, during and after the elections.

“There is a lot that have been put into this exercise and we plead for the support of all Nigerians to make the elections free and credible and to also make them non-violence. We preach peace and we want to work towards peace and to ensure there is no conduct on election day.

“I am very please that one of the key issues at the council of state today was the commitment of all stake holders to promote peace, to promote non-violence and to ensure that voters are adequately educated.”

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=2479&active=news

It is clear that Buhari and CPC's plan B is to forment post-election violence in the event that Buhari loses the elections. Contrast Buhari's and Bakare's language with Attahiru Jega's words: "we plead for the support of all Nigerians to make the elections free and credible and to also make them non-violence[sic]. We preach peace and we want to work towards peace and to ensure there is no conduct on election day."

Has your candidate Buhari being preaching peace? Or he wants to sacrifice the lives of Nigerians in his bid to become president? Does Buhari think that he and his party CPC are somewhat exempt from the collective effort of Nigerians to ensure peaceful elections. So everyone that does not support him must somehow be demonized? Remember those who sow the wind, will surely reap the whirlwind. I am deceived no longer; Buhari does not mean well for this country.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by MaiSuya(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
@op, u talk of buhari inciting violence. i suppose it was illiterate abokis that caused d violence in benue, A/ibom, ekiti , Rivers abi?

Was it not becos ur party, d PDP, refused 2 allow a level playin field 4 political rallies? Buhari has already seen dat pdp does not intend 2 play fair, hence his statement.

Furthermore, its not difficutl 2 see dat d judiciary, very, very unfortunatly, have been compromised. So we must get it right @d ballot box
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by aletheia(m): 12:04am On Mar 30, 2011
^^^My party? So because I don't support Buhari, it means that I am in PDP. It is exactly such intolerant and zero-sum attitudes that made me hesitant about lending my support to Buhari even though I was somewhat sympathetic to his cause. I guess I was wise to wait. As they say "time reveals all". BTW: I dare you show just one post where I have canvassed support for PDP or GEJ to justify your allegation that PDP is "my party".

In fact, from now on I am going to actively campaign against General Buhari. Anyone but him has my support.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Solomon227(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2011

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by ektbear: 12:20am On Mar 30, 2011
@aletheia: It looks to me that you'll chose the most uncharitable interpretation of Buhari's words possible. You are welcome to make that choice, though.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by aletheia(m): 12:26am On Mar 30, 2011
^^^I am sorry if you see it that way but I believe I must consider his words in the context of what he has said in the past and what has happened. Believe me when I say I have had personal experience of the typical CPC supporter and I know how they interpret his words.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Beaf: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2011
We have had no end of reckless statements from CPC, they have only toned down since they were warned that nobody is to big to pay for inciting violence. Before that warning, we had everything from Bakare's implied "set yourself on fire" (as in Tunisia), to his "wild-wild North" and Buhari's clanger to alamajiri's, "lynch election riggers."

Tell me who an "election rigger" is to an almajiri? Its basically holding the Northern non-almajiri populace in terror, "if you don't vote Buhari, you will be killed." The only part of the country safe from that threat, is the South, because Buhari has near zero support and there are no almajiri's to threaten people at polling stations.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by EzeUche(m): 12:49am On Mar 30, 2011
aletheia:

^^^My party? So because I don't support Buhari, it means that I am in PDP. It is exactly such intolerant and zero-sum attitudes that made me hesitant about lending my support to Buhari even though I was somewhat sympathetic to his cause. I guess I was wise to wait. As they say "time reveals all". BTW: I dare you show just one post where I have canvassed support for PDP or GEJ to justify your allegation that PDP is "my party".

In fact, from now on I am going to actively campaign against General Buhari. Anyone but him has my support.

That is how they view things. If you don't support Buhari, then you must be a PDP supporter. The zero-sum mentality needs to stop.

Utomi is the answer!

Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Abagworo(m): 1:39am On Mar 30, 2011
@ezeuche.I am happy you have joined the progressives.Utomi is a future president(2015 or 2019).Buhari will use his 4 to 8 years to clear the bad eggs(anti-corruption revolution) while Utomi steps in with the economic revolution.That is my wish.

At the moment,Utomi is too gentle to hit the PDP looters.Buhari is a good pace setter.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by luluosas(m): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2011
This tread was created by Jonathan fan/supporter to drum up unneccessary for his failing friend (allied). Any way, my support will forever go to BB whether you like or not.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by muami(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2011
MORE REASONS WHY BUHARI IS A DISSAPOINTMENT TO NAIRALANDERS

Buhari and Privatization
The idea of privatization was first mooted by Onosode commission in 1981 and accepted in principle in 1982 by the Shagari administration; no concrete action could be initiated till the demise of the regime in December 1983. When Buhari came, he decided to set up a study group on the issue, the study group recommended among others that ‘Government should adopt the principle of selective privatization as a policy measure which could prompt each parastatals to perform better and save public funds’ The Buhari administration accepted the recommendation in principle in 1984 but did nothing in 1985 until it was overthrown in August 1985. Today, the only hope of improved power supply in Nigeria is privatization. Oh if only Buhari was educated, we would not have been in this mess.

Buhari and Education
When Buhari came into power, the educational sector was facing some problems. However, the Buhari government lacked a rational and systematic solution to the problems. Instead, the government assumed a draconian posture and tried to force every desire it sought on the people. For example, state governors were mandated to clear all salary arrears within three months. But this remained unresolved after the deadline. It remained in fact so till 1985 when the government was again overthrown.
By the way, are we aware that it was Buhari that first introduced fees and levies in our schools despite the strong condemnation by ASUU. Are we also aware that before Buhari came, university students had their meals arranged by the government and given to them at highly subsidized rates? It was Buhari that stopped it.( see, The Nigerian Economy And Economic Policy Responses Since 1980 by Dele Olowu et al .Note that this study was published in the 1990s)
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by seyigiggle: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2011
I think BB and his supporters should stop their aggressive and violence approach only a loser act this way. well, i am not a supporter of any party but then i am still hoping who to vote for.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by muami(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari and Communications
In 1874, postal services first commenced in Lagos. With time, wireless communication came on stream and Post and Telegraph, better known as P & T, came into existence.
Since then, communication has been growing by leaps and bounds. In 1984, after 110 years together, P&T was split by the Buhari regime into NIPOST and NITEL. Immediately after the split, mail pilfering, slow delivery rate and bureaucracy eroded NIPOST’s efficiency and these vices hacked at its monopoly. Private courier companies which were operating on the fringes cashed in on these lapses and blossomed all over the nation. In 1984, the federal government carved out NITEL, separating it from NIPOST but the change was merely cosmetic as private operators kept chipping away at its customer base. (See Daily Trust 1st October 2010)

Some Other Questions
1. Do you know that during Buhari’s regime, telephone was only for the rich but it was during PDP’s regime that telephone was made accessible.( I can even call from my village now)
2. Do you know that during Buhari’s rule, Nigeria’s external debt went as high as 7.8 Billion dollars and it was the PDP government that successfully negotiated a debt relief and today our external debt is less than 5 billion dollars?
3. Do you know that during Buhari’s regime, our banks were nothing to write home about and people preferred keep their money in the pot or bury it in the ground? Do you also remember that it was the reforms initiated by the PDP appointed Soludo and later Sanusi that has sanitised the banking sector?
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by muami(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2011
Buhari and Human Rights

The Buhari government detained political leaders of the Second Republic without trial. Constraints were placed on various groups, including the Nigerian Medical Association, which was outlawed, and the National Association of Nigerian Students. Buhari’s regime promulgated two decrees that restricted freedom of the press and suppressed criticism of the government. Decree Number 4 forbade any journalist from reporting information considered embarrassing to any government official. Two journalists, Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor, were convicted under the decree. Decree Number 2 gave the chief of staff at Supreme Headquarters the power to detain for up to six months without trial anyone considered a security risk. Special military tribunals increasingly replaced law courts while the state security agency, the National Security Organisation, was given greater powers.

Buhari and Indiscipline?
Buhari's controls also extended to his efforts to deal with the problems of "indiscipline" in the areas of environmental sanitation, public decorum, corruption, smuggling, and disloyalty to national symbols such as the flag and the anthem. He declared a War Against Indiscipline and specified acceptable forms of public behavior, such as a requirement to form lines at bus stops. The main concern, however, remained the economy. The government introduced a comprehensive package of austerity measures. It closed the country's land borders for a period to identify and expel illegal alien workers and placed severe restrictions on imports and heavy penalties on smuggling and foreign exchange offenses. The austerity measures made it difficult for local industries to procure essential imported raw materials, leading many of them to close or to operate at greatly reduced capacity. Many workers were laid off, and government itself retrenched many workers to increase its "cost effectiveness." All of these actions were accompanied by high inflation. The price of basic food items rose, and life became increasingly difficult, even for the affluent.
(source http://www.country-studies.com/nigeria/the-buhari-regime.html)

His antecedents show that electing buhari would be a case of from frying pan to fire. Perphaps, this time, he may be planning to ban nairaland for airing views that embarrased him. He may also be planning to ban the use of internet because of "indiscipline" in the use of facebook and the likes.Thank God he would not win.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by 3kay945(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2011
No one is perfect,, but buhari is far better than GEJ that is what i know.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2011
@seyigiggle,vote for the right man Pat Utomi.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2011
uplawal:

@seyigiggle,vote for the right man Pat Utomi.

Its no long Ribadu you want? it's now Utomi? hehehehehe, wind blowing you anywhere sad sad angry grin grin grin grin
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by seyigiggle: 9:52am On Mar 30, 2011
The Chairmanship of EFCC should be an elective position so that people like Buhari can have hope
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by otukpo(f): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2011
Ensuring free and fair election is a collective responsibility.

GEJ has promised free and fair election, as the C-i-C, He has his own duties towards ensuring that, and as stakeholders, we all have a role to play.

GEJ cannot achieve free and fair election without the support of everyone of us.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2011
@honeric,i would honestly have love it to be a coalition govt btw Pat Utomi and Ribadu,they are best candidates.
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by Asobank: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2011
Dfuture of dis country dpends on our leaders.how credible ar they?do they hav gud plans,or ar they driven by selfish desires to acquire power at all cost? we need results.it is our future,D youths,that is at stake here. leavin it in the hands and will of buhari and d likes will definitely not go down well wit us. dis is not a military era were austerity measures where imposed on d people by this same man. we are tired of tis present state. GEJ is D MAN.check out his policies on roads,education, jobs etc
Re: General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. by DrummaBoy(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2011
There is nothing in the General's statement that suggests he was calling for voilence. GEJ is the chief security officer of this nation and the least he can give us is free and fair elections; anything short of that would amount to failure in his responsibility as president and that is what being held accountable means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Did Goodluck Actually Do In Bayelsa State? / State House Clinic Budget Cut By FG After Criticisms / 2019:Atiku Consults Afenifere And Pa Ayo Adebanjo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.