Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra (28107 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by SenorRex: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2021
OneTemplate:
Lol Adichie trying to be diplomatic and let Igbos and their fragile egos down lightly. She should just come out and say she regrets being Igbo and an Igbo woman specifically because we know how scathing and mercilessly critical she would be, placard and all, if a Yoruba woman , in Yorubaland, went through what her and her mother went through at her father's funeral.
U mean Yoruba's are still suffocated
This is another Igbo who will certainly never ever live in SE Nigeria but does not want to risk upsetting Igbo coming out to say their ways is repressive, unfair, shameful and disgustly misogynistic.

IPOBian, one of your most distinguished female has spoken. Hope you can all see you have work to do and are far behind the civilised , sophisticated and effortlessly suave Yorubas you're always trying to square up to.

Go and fix your broken homes, States and region instead of obsessing over others. I am sure that is the message Adichie would love to pass but can never knowing you intolerant babies would likely banish her family from ala Igbo. Lol.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Omoslim26: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2021
OneTemplate:

And you don't see the futility in a people being so divided along the most fundamental of lines?

I am sure the Igbos angling for the Presidency will equally see you Biafra disciples as deluded folks who need to see the 'bigger picture'.

The way you judge them is how they judge you. Bottom line is that this most fundamental of schism must not exist , to this huge extent, amongst a people who are searching for a definitive socio-economic and ethnic direction . This is what Chinamanda is saying even if you want to play Ostrich.

You guys will make excuses for blatant shortcomings you should be trying to address because you simply dont want to admit you are wrong and that you can learn from others.

So you are saying in essence dat it's only in Igboland we have some divisive interest in the country ?

aswear nairaland is getting worse by the day zero critical thinking
zero intelligence
zero informative and educative comment

bigotry more tribal bullcrap and more tribal banter

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by SenorRex: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2021
[quote author=SenorRex post=97740975][/quote]r
U mean yolubbers are still suffocated and smelly
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Akuruoulo(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2021
THIS THE MOST RESEANABLE POST EVER FROM AMANDA ADICHE

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Lovelyn451(f): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2021
me na biafra I want
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ArticleBeast: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2021
Dreambeat:
And who told her that most Igbos would choose presidency over Biafra? It is only the politicians that want presidency, the average Igbo man wants Biafra
Learn to read and understand

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2021
Paperworka:
she is right because envy is too much in Igbo land, everyone is competing on who will make it bigger, some team up with their enemies not minding the consequences, some go as far as converting to Islam in order to get favor from Fulani, sabotage everywhere. An example are the Eastern governors who has gone as far as serving the caliphates in order to gain political presence, imaging going as far as sokoto to bow to the caliphate before you can be recognized as a governor in your own state ohh!

The Good news is that God has sent a savior called MNK even though almost all political elites in southeast are fighting him so as to impress the Caliphate because they are gunning for an Igbo presidency.

God will arrest all our Enemies, Isee
You were making sense until you got to the "MNK" part. lol.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ArticleBeast: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2021
OsuAmaka:
I'm ibo, i regret being ibo. Our daughters are treated like a pariah and our mothers a leper. Our women are a target for money rituals by get-rich-quick, title-hungry wolves but in Yoruba land, a woman can become a regent to adore.

-Osu amaka
It is Igbo not ibo. Stop lying you can't even get the spelling correct

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by SachaBastien(m): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2021
Giantfarmer:
I don't agree with you,even if disunity abound,they should be unity in achieving a common goal which the igbos lack
You have a right to disagree and form your own opinions. However, I'd like you to know that there are persons and groups you can NEVER come into agreement with for a bilateral purpose as a result of extremely divergent ideologies and idiosyncrasies. What you call disunity is the uniqueness and essence of the igbos. A homogenous society where everyone kotows to a singular opinion or idea is an abhorrence to the Igbos.
Take some time out and do a research on the groups that brought the State of Israel, The United States and South Sudan to be.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by CSTRR: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2021
I watched the interview.

It's not as glamorous as the title suggests.

She has two concerns about Biafra.

(1) The boundaries

(2) The lack of unity.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by erico2k2(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2021
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2021
CSTRR:
I watched the interview.

It's not as glamorous as the title suggests.

She has two concerns about Biafra.

(1) The boundaries

(2) The lack of unity.
I find it hard to understand why the boundaries is not the core 5 Igbo state, they should start there.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Cocao(f): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Akuruoulo(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2021
OsuAmaka:
I'm ibo, i regret being ibo. Our daughters are treated like a pariah and our mothers a leper. Our women are a target for money rituals by get-rich-quick, title-hungry wolves but in Yoruba land, a woman can become a regent to adore.

-Osu amaka
U ARE A USELESS YORUBA MAN. MAKE 5 SENTENCE REGARDING THIS ISSUE IN IGBO WRITE~UP. U AREN'T EVEN PROUD BEEN AN AFONJA. UR MOM, AND SISTERS ARE THE ONES NT RESPECTD, BECUS MY IGBO WOMEN ARE THE MOST RESPECTED IN ZOOGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by BLoomfrancs(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2021
OneTemplate:
Lol Adichie trying to be diplomatic and let Igbos and their fragile egos down lightly. She should just come out and say she regrets being Igbo and an Igbo woman specifically because we know how scathing and mercilessly critical she would be, placard and all, if a Yoruba woman , in Yorubaland, went through what her and her mother went through at her father's funeral.

This is another Igbo who will certainly never ever live in SE Nigeria but does not want to risk upsetting Igbo coming out to say their ways is repressive, unfair, shameful and disgustly misogynistic.

IPOBian, one of your most distinguished female has spoken. Hope you can all see you have work to do and are far behind the civilised , sophisticated and effortlessly suave Yorubas you're always trying to square up to.

Go and fix your broken homes, States and region instead of obsessing over others. I am sure that is the message Adichie would love to pass but can never knowing you intolerant babies would likely banish her family from ala Igbo. Lol.

Your post just reeks of a demeaning inferiority complex.

Don't let everyone know that you think yourself a lesser human when compared to Igbos.

My advice to you is to be productive with your thoughts and not sitting poised all day long, waiting to masturbate on any Igbo topic. It is in the human psyche, for one to always talk about what's relevant to them. To you, Igbos are relevant to your existence, that's why you can't live without talking about them. But you see, OneTemplate, you are, in the scheme of things, unimportant to Igbos, and that's the reason we couldn't care less about a tribal roach like you.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by colestephan86: 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
OsuAmaka:

-Osu amaka
Nowadays, Igbo men living in the West now add their girls in their will,
In the West the girl child get properties from her father

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by bimbodotun(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2021
"Do you need a dangling organ to rule a state?" Is so derogatory and demeaning.....Notwithstanding igbos need to unite to push their common goal and objective without distractions.....the country is not fair to them neither are they fair on themselves.....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by BSdetector: 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2021
What we really need is restructuring and not some bullshit yoruba/Igbo presidency, chimamanda should stick to the feminist bullshit she peddles around and leave politics for people who understand the game, politics is a game of number and apart from them not having credible leaders even if the whole igbo tribe unites it won't be able to give them a chance at it without the backing of the north or even the Yorubas both of whom they all have mutual hate for each other. Plus igbo people naturally aren't to be trusted with positions of power because of their egocentric and reactionary nature. Even if an Igbo presidency happens it would be a puppet presidency that would be of zero value to the south.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Giantfarmer(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
SachaBastien:

You have a right to disagree and form your own opinions. However, I'd like you to know that there are persons and groups you can NEVER come into agreement with for a bilateral purpose as a result of extremely divergent ideologies and idiosyncrasies. What you call disunity is the uniqueness and essence of the igbos. A homogenous society where everyone kotows to a singular opinion or idea is an abhorrence to the Igbos.
Take some time out and do a research on the groups that brought the State of Israel, The United States and South Sudan to be.
well let's see how it goes in few years ...all we want is a better society for everyone...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by madridsta007(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
AtikuNetwork:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/1/igbo-people-cant-unite-for-presidency-yet-talk-about-biafra-chimamanda-adichie.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGA6fTdInfo

"Igbo people cannot unite if, for example, we say we want an Igbo president. And then we’re talking about Biafra. There is a lot of political work we need to do in the southeast.

It is sad that Chimamanda is here parotting this nonsense propaganda by the North and South West.

When Obasanjo contested for the Presidency who was the main opposing candidate? Wasnt it Falae? Isnt Olu Falae a Yoruba man?

How many Hausas were fighting for the PDP candidature in 2019? Were they not up to 20? Or more than that? Is that unity? grin
When other tribes politically slug it out amongst themselves, we call it "diversity and richness of the region". When it is Igbos, it is, "they lack unity".
Such nonsense.
I am disappointed that Adichie who should be given to critical thinking is simply going with propaganda.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by SavageResponse(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
gidgiddy:
Igbo presidency and Biafra are two seperate things, they have no connection whatsoever

If you cannot stand behind a single individual to carry the flag of the Southeast in a contest for presidency of the country then it is foolishness to think the Southeast can stand together as a country if it secedes!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by okorogodwin4(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
OsuAmaka:

-Osu amaka
now I know that your a fool

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Dreambeat: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

And you honestly believe you can achieve Biafra without your politicians ? You are one of the reasons why people like me are of the opinion that Igbo people are not smart. With a mentality like yours,Biafra will forever remain a mirage !

Yoruba will tell you that " Towo eni o ba i ba eku'da, a i bere iku to pa baba eni". If you understand the silent message therein ( in the adage),you'll definitely understand what that smart lady is saying.
You are a clown. First and foremost, what is your business with Igbos and their quest for Biafra. In your warped mind, you think that politicians, who are benefiting from the dysfunctional system will now support Biafra that may end up taking away their source of illegal wealth. Once more, you are a clown. Go and read about revolutions all over the world and tell me how they started. Small children all over this forum.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by okorogodwin4(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
OneTemplate:

Where is Tinubu mentioned here and what concerns him with words meant to make Igbos do some introspection and soul-searching?

Go and deal with the issues one of your foremost and most revered Igbos has raised and leave Tinubu off your tongue for once.

Abi Adichie is no longer in the category of Igbos who can say and do no wrong?
fool you made her a revered Igbo

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Omoslim26: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2021
She made some valid points but she should also be informed that even the country is not united in any way

the points she raised is in no way an igbo thing it's more of a General issue in the Country

even amongst families some still harbor different interest
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
gidgiddy:

Stop talking nonsense. She said that Igbos are not united enough about the Presidency of Nigeria to be talking about Biafra. The question then is, must you be united about about the Presidency of the country you belong to before you agitate for your independence?

Should Scotland have been united about producing the Prime minister of the United kingdom before seeking and getting their 2014 independence referendum?

Should Eriterians have been united about seeking the Presidency of Ethiopia before they agitated about having their independence from Ethiopia?

If Adichie is saying that Igbos are not united enough amongsts themselves to talk or go for Biafra, then there is no point to Nigeria because Nigerians are not united about anything, but still have Nigeria

"but this idea that the answer is independence is what i'm not convinced of. Nobody has made a logical case for me. Quite frankly i've observed the terrible leadership we have in the SouthEast"...she said!

Not just about unity of the SE.
I mean if we are saying that Nigeria is not working, is a failed State.
Do we have the best of leadership and governance in the SE?

Security votes , constituency allowances...are they really empowering the people?

I concur with Chimamanda. She's right.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by itu404(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin 2021 it the year of saying-it-like-it-is, Those with love in their hearts have spoken times without number that what we need is restructuring not secession, a workable federalism. Kanu what to remain relevant and keeping the hatred and is what will make him relevant. So sad. God help us .

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Emk5556: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
I have this over and over again

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by sameks08(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2021
Any write thinking Igbo man must have one thing in mind No awusa man will ever allow Igbo man to ever rule them if you like turn jubril to Igbo man they will still vote against him daalu for your useless opinion

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Kobicove(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2021
OsuAmaka:

-Osu amaka

If truly you're one of us then you should know that we're Igbos and not Ibos! angry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by Dreambeat: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Learn to read and understand
You that can read and understand, please tell her to stick to her Literature, that's were her calling is and should stop talking about politics. If Igbos are not 'united' for presidency, it is because Igbos are not interested in Nigeria and it's presidency. Igbos are interested in equity, justice and level playing field, these can not be guaranteed in the present day Nigeria. Take an unbiased survey of Igbos on what they want between Nigeria presidency and Biafra, come back and tell what the result is.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra by ada9ja(f): 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Dreambeat:
And who told her that most Igbos would choose presidency over Biafra? It is only the politicians that want presidency, the average Igbo man wants Biafra
then who votes in south east when is election time? The politicians abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / My Marriage (short Story ) / Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.