Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12686 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by juventino: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
chuqudy:

This is a silly propaganda. How can Obasanjo do that. Obasanjo is fully behind Jonathan and has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari.

GBAM
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Seun(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
debosky:
Skilled technocrats abound and can be harnessed by a leader with vision - they don't need to vie for political office and often don't succeed at it.
Politics is for illiterates and professional politicians.  Got it. Thanks for your opinion.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by sbeezy8: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
article doesnt make sense AT ALL.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by seanet02: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
Vote Ribadu my people for Progressive Development.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by naso2(m): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
See story. hmmmmmmm . tales by moonlight. I expect to see denials as from tomorrow---- Obj will first respond with " i dey laugh", later bakare will dissociate himself from the story. . . . on and on it will go.

Just in case the story is true, it on one part presents buhari as a "stronghead" leader which could be argued for or against him. But my thought is Buhari probably deemed sheding the religious/sharia weight more expedient than pairing with a better groomed technocrat. He simply values what a pastor can do to his image better than what a proven technocrat can do in his govt for Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
Beer parlor talk, nothing more nothing less. cheesy
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by chuqudy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
stillwater:

Beer parlor talk, nothing more nothing less. cheesy

With palm wine and Nkwobi. Isiewu and turkey. The whole story is cock and bull tales
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by debosky(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
Seun:

Politics is for illiterates and professional politicians.  Got it.  Thanks for your opinion.

Tsk Tsk,  . . .I always knew being an admin was not an indicator of deductive reasoning ability. grin

Buhari is educated - he has attended military colleges both in Nigeria and abroad.  Bakare is educated  - he has a law degree and has been involved in social development previously.

If those are the candidates involved, how on earth do you arrive at a conclusion that politics is for illiterates? I wonder what it is about supporting GEJ that turns supporters' brains to mush. grin

Besides, what good did Umar 'Mr Lecturer' Yar'adua do with his 'education'?  

The point (in case you missed it) is that not every technocrat makes a good politician - it is intellectually lazy to assume that a skilled technocrat will make a good politician. Evidence has shown that with the right political will, the 'how' bit is very achievable. It is the will to decide 'what' to do that is lacking.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by maclatunji: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
debosky:

Tsk Tsk,  . . .I always knew being an admin was not an indicator of deductive reasoning ability. grin

Buhari is educated - he has attended military colleges both in Nigeria and abroad.  Bakare is educated  - he has a law degree and has been involved in social development previously.

If those are the candidates involved, how on earth do you arrive at a conclusion that politics is for illiterates? I wonder what it is about supporting GEJ that turns supporters' brains to mush. grin

Besides, what good did Umar 'Mr Lecturer' Yar'adua do with his 'education'?  

The point (in case you missed it) is that not every technocrat makes a good politician - it is intellectually lazy to assume that a skilled technocrat will make a good politician. Evidence has shown that with the right political will, the 'how' bit is very achievable. It is the will to decide 'what' to do that is lacking.

You have a very valid point, the Arab gulf states are not the most gifted in terms of indigenous manpower, yet they have managed to develop their countries whilst attracting some of the best brains in the world. Do not let us "analyse until we paralyse."
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ideylaff: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
You have a very valid point, the Arab gulf states are not the most gifted in terms of indigenous manpower, yet they have managed to develop their countries whilst attracting some of the best brains in the world. Do not let us "analyse until we paralyse

@ maclatunji, now ur talking bro, wink
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by CrudeOil2(m): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
. . . and some people believe this gonzo article.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by maclatunji: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
ideylaff:

@ maclatunji, now your talking bro, wink

Yup, this election is going to be something else, everybody seems to be super-charged. We need some cold water (or is it cold ice water )cheesy) to cool down
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
Is it not the same Obasanjo that signed partnership with Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 2003, only to kick them out of all southwest states bar Lagos?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by reindeer: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
Even if you're undecided about who to vote for in the presidential election, just scroll through the first page in Nairaland and see how many threads are dedicated to Buhari and Bakare, you will instantly know the person being talked about the most, who carries the most weight, who generates the most interest from both friends and foes, someone you can't ignore.
See with ya own eyes, BB commands great followership, even people who think they are his enemies wake up everyday thinking about him.
Vote BB, sai Buhari!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=28pt]See with ya own eyes, BB commands great followership, even people who think they are his enemies wake up everyday thinking about him[/size].

word!!!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kilode1: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
It is becoming clear now that PDP is trying so hard to taint and infect the opposition with their deadliest viruses; IBB/OBJ/Cabal

The pungent smell of desperation is difficult to miss. . .

PDP is a wounded lion fighting with shameless abandon. . . I hope Nigerians are not being fooled into thinking that this Toilet of a Party can clean it's own faeces.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Odunnu: 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
reindeer:

Even if you're undecided about who to vote for in the presidential election, just scroll through the first page in Nairaland and see how many threads are dedicated to Buhari and Bakare, you will instantly know the person being talked about the most, who carries the most weight, who generates the most interest from both friends and foes, someone you can't ignore.
See with ya own eyes, BB commands great followership, even people who think they are his enemies wake up everyday thinking about him.
Vote BB, sai Buhari!!
that was/is a campaign strategy of the failed proBB group.
Jarus/aisha2 are both proBB and naturally they had to do what they had to do within their powers to campaign.
They were so biased in what went to the front page. Anythng proBB always had space there.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Marchman: 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
This story does not make sense. Absolutely rubbish. Complete thrash!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by reindeer: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
@odunnu, make no mistake, i support BB fully!and i am sure that he will win this election. i was just amazed at the number of threads being created about Buhari(either it makes front page or not).This just shows you who the most important and talked about candidate is. Join hands with Buhari and rescue Nigeria from the inept guys in PDP.You'll wake up tomorrow and see his name in your face again as you open nairaland. Buhari has taken over already!Join us and change Nigeria for the better. Sai Buhari!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Odunnu: 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
I'l rather take up citizenship in war torn libya than cast my vote for the dictator and hs lying tongue runnin mate.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by sley4life(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
he wont even win a governorship election. what a dictator
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Kayautojun(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
Just One Question,

Obasanjo started the idea, Abi?

Obasanjo chose Yar dua, Ko?

Obasanjo was a Full Supported of Jonathan Sambo, remeber the I dey Laff

Obasanjo is the most respected PDP member, (Tinubu of PDP with the scenario in Ogun)

My Questions is

So, Why cant he install Okonjo Iweala as VP for Jonathan or PDP?

That would have been easy for him, Like So EASY

It does not make sense Abi,

Logically, we dont need long argument.

It is like a man who has a gallon of water in the desert for his team but decided to say if the other party leader kills his team members, he will give all the water he has for his own team to the other  man to drink Alone.

Only A fool will fall for that
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=16pt]What business does a country that have made 300 billion dollars from 1999 to date have with a charity bank like d world bank,  if not for corruption which Team BB is coming to address,  we should be contributing to d world bank's coffers not taken loans from them. Can u imagine a country that have made $300 billion going cap in hand to borrow $3 billion courtesy of Jo-boy and we are saying everything is ok. It is only a mad man that would vote Jonathan back to office. Ngozi herself would be embarass by her kith & kins position supporting a clueless lame duck.[/size]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by LADEMINUS: 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
abeg make all of us ignore dis beaf guy. na goodluck houseboy with d same IQ. how can d clown say IBB nd OBJ r in BB camp, When even d stupid know otherwise.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by komole: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2011
Each day i see and read of Young, Educated and Enlightened individuals clampouring their vote for Muhammed Buhari i see nothing but JOY, HOPE AND PROSPERITY in Nigeria come may 29th 2011. people lets stand and deffend our vote. Buhari is the ONLY man contesting for that post of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is Sincere and has the masses at heart.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
Not long ago,it was all about ribadu and how he is the messiah,now all they shout is BB,what is it with the west and their tendency to lick the aboki's ass,these people are so flexible,switching allegiance in a mater of seconds.Now that we are close to wrestling power from the north and set Nigeria on the right part,these peeps are willing to hand it back to the north in the name of vp slot,buhari is part of the group that turned this country to mess,he is part of the past and should stay in the past.We all need fresh air in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
Odunnu:

I'l rather take up citizenship in war torn libya than cast my vote for the dictator and hs lying tongue runnin mate.

(*shakes head in great PITY for @Odunnu*)

There's always a saying that NEVER judge a book by it's cover, now i know better
So as you fine (*pointing to Odunnu*) na so you take f-o-o-lish

You are just talking about Buhari like a drunking clown you are
Were you born in 1983 when he was a leader (ruler).
Where were you when he achieved wonderful things which Nigerians are now enjoying today, like the refinery and the rest
Guess you were even  still in primary school when he was PTF chairman some years back.

Now you open the hole in your face to call him a Dictator, dont say what you heard from those psycho drunks around you.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

Not long ago,it was all about ribadu and how he is the messiah,now all they shout is BB,what is it with the west and their tendency to lick the aboki's backside,these people are so flexible,switching allegiance in a mater of seconds.Now that we are close to wrestling power from the north and set Nigeria on the right part,these peeps are willing to hand it back to the north in the name of vp slot,buhari is part of the group that turned this country to mess,he is part of the past and should stay in the past.We all need fresh air in Nigeria.

Tribalistic Senseless moro.n!  angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by naijaking1: 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2011
talknafree:

(*chakes head in great PITY for @Odunnu*)

There's always a saying that NEVER judge a book by it's cover, now i know better
So as you fine (*pointing to Odunnu*) na so you take f-o-o-lish

You are just talking about Buhari like a drunking clown you are
Where you born in 1983 when he was a leader (ruler).
Where were you when he achieved wonderful things which Nigerians are now enjoying today, like the refinery and the rest
Guess you were even still in primary school when he was PTF chairman some years back.

Now you open the hole in your face to call him a Dictator, dont say what you heard from those psycho drunks around you.

Which country were you in 1983
I hope it wasn't this Nigeria where Buhari was terrorizing innocent citizens, from Fela to the 3 college students he executed retroactively, because drugs were found in their suite cases. The same Buhari allowed 53 suite cases of his friends to pass through the airport customs and security unchecked embarassed

People like you are the real problems with Nigeria, where we learn nothing from history.

Oh yes, we're "enjoying" refinaries built by Buhari and mislocated to far away north to fulfill his own northern agend, not in the Niger-Delta where this oil is produced.

And yes, we're "enjoying" the PTF too, bye passing NNPC, finance ministry, the money from PTF was directly channeled into Buhari's purse and those of his friends.

History will never forget the havoc wrecked by Buhari and his criminal team, and deny him another opportunity for a second chance.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by hornyimam: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
I support Buharis vision. why choose an ibo woman of all people. that will be an insult to Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by IykeD(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
hornyimam:

I support Buharis vision. why choose an ibo woman of all people. that will be an insult to Nigerians.

and what is the meaning of that rubbish?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijaking1:

Which country were you in 1983
I hope it wasn't this Nigeria where Buhari was terrorizing innocent citizens, from Fela to the 3 college students he executed retroactively, because drugs were found in their suite cases. The same Buhari allowed 53 suite cases of his friends to pass through the airport customs and security unchecked embarassed

People like you are the real problems with Nigeria, where we learn nothing from history.

Oh yes, we're "enjoying" refinaries built by Buhari and mislocated to far away north to fulfill his own northern agend, not in the Niger-Delta where this oil is produced.

And yes, we're "enjoying" the PTF too, bye passing NNPC, finance ministry, the money from PTF was directly channeled into Buhari's purse and those of his friends.

History will never forget the havoc wrecked by Buhari and his criminal team, and deny him another opportunity for a second chance.

and who are you clamouring for? The man who only some years back his wife was caught for money launderying but because his godfather managed to throw the case through the window.

Or is it the same man why throws bomb at every opportunity and only comes out to lie on innocwnt people.

or the same man who has been given that position to taste and act for 9 months and yet as kept the country worse than he met it.

or the man who says one thing and comes out a day after to deny it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mysterious Links Between Igbo And Japanese Words / Senate Gives FG Approval For Payment Of N45b To Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers / No Electronic Transmission Of Results In Electoral Act Amendment Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.