Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (12685 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
hornyimam:

I support Buharis vision. why choose an ibo woman of all people. that will be an insult to Nigerians.

Another tribalistic moro.n!

IykeD:

and what is the meaning of that rubbish?

Please, do not mind them. Please!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by hornyimam: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
jason123:

Another tribalistic moro.n!

Please, do not mind them. Please!

gerrout. this is not tribalism. it is a fact. ibos are beneath us and so is hausa and ijaws.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by naijaking1: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
talknafree:

and who are you clamouring for? The man who only some years back his wife was caught for money launderying but because his godfather managed to throw the case through the window.

Or is it the same man why throws bomb at every opportunity and only comes out to lie on innocwnt people.

or the same man who has been given that position to taste and act for 9 months and yet as kept the country worse than he met it.

or the man who says one thing and comes out a day after to deny it.

Notice, you've not really said anything wrong with GEJ the man. You can talk all yoy want about his wife, his godfather, children, and even grand children, but there is no where you can comapare Jonathan with the evil man called Buhari. Buhari is running today, because historically, people always forget. Please look at this list, and tell me if Buhari shouldn't be answering to some court; court of public opinion, court of law, or even court before God.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630129.0.html

Buhari has no busines running for president again. It only shows that he either takes us Nigerians for granted, or that he is so arrongant to think that Nigeria couldn't produce a better leader, or that he is mentally unstable.

Has Buhari ever answered why he locked up, killed, and frustrated those who have different religious and ethnic background as he does?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by ak47mann(m): 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
hornymam
are you okay? take it easyooo igbos no send you you die dey no care you Bleep dey no care u sleep dey no care you Bleep ashawo catch gornorea aids name them dey no send as long as dem dey make their money no kill yourselfooo, grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 9ijaMan: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Seun,
Apparently the desired effect for plagiarizing this thread and posting it under a curious heading has not been achieved. You have simply used this thread to win more support for the Buhari/Bakare team. I will assume the original comments you made were just out of concern for the need for Nigerians to vote out PDP come April 9, 2011. If the comment was just a mere innocent not well thought out statement, ignoring the IBB & OBJ link, you are pardoned. If however, those comments were indeed meant to whipe up sentiments against the Buhari/Bakare team, then I would conclude that it's unfortunate that you could stoop that low.

In any case, I (and many other NLers) will consider this as an innocent slip of thought and just ignore the comments.

To all BB fans, Buhari has once again proved to the world why the masses stand by/with him. He has come out of this unfortunate episode with his integrity intact and head held high!

[center][size=50pt]Vote Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size] for a better tomorrow![/center]
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by shakomende: 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
I knew it. Igbos?? No wonder everybody tends to hate them plus they wont allow you buy house in the east and at theesame time claiming other people's own

when buhari was using the igbos for vp in 2003 and 2007, did you notice that even the igbos did not vote for him just as the way they boycott Ojukwu"s APGA??

Now, they yelling and screaming crap.

You guys should know that you cant worth more than your price tag.

fvcking OBJ thought buhari is ode like GEJ, prey tell the unexpected happen, then we shall all see.

fvcking nerds.

If he is a fool and despearate like mumu Jonathan, what do you think will happen??

Buhari is a hero even in his death. wait and see the number of people that will attend IBB and OBj fvcking burials.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 1025: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
1)  Buhari was presented with a running mate who was better in every way: an experienced economist, former finance minister who convinced western countries to forgive Nigeria's debt, former world bank VP, and not corrupt.  As an Igbo woman, she would appeal to southerners and progressives, and with Obasanjo's support, they could win the South-West.  But Buhari preferred a pastor of a small church as running mate, even though the pastor wasn't complaining.  Is this good judgment? Or was the man just put off by the idea of running with an Igbo woman?  

@seun,
i don't believe a nigerian wrote this. obasanjo supporting the same woman that he skillful removed from her influential position. how can obasanjo(mr.corruption) ever work with iweala and who told you that a sane woman who could not stand the madness of obasanjo will be gullible enough to work with him again after quiting obasanjo and his craziness?
the igbos are not mad ppl. we don't need anyone to patronise us with the VP of a thing. we are saying the northerners shld be given chance to complete their 8 yrs and then give chance for the igbos to present nigerians with a president and here u are talking abt okonjo iweala becoming a vp. is she not worth been a president if things are done by merit in this useless jungle called nigeria?
the woman in charge of liberia is not better than Iweala so why can't these confusionists give peace a chance and let the northerners enjoy the same 8 yrs which the southerners enjoyed and then let the igbos take their turn.
now the confused jonathan is saying he is up for 4 yrs only. then what happens afterwards and who takes over? to me, all jungle justices and political dribblings are desinged to deny nigeria and nigerians of igbo president.
why will u even mention obasanjo's support in the first place? have we gone down to this level where a single slowpoke decides the fate of over 150 million nigerians.
let us all pray that this nonesense does not get out of hand or get to the extent where the country will be divided politically.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by 10cirenoh: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I knew it. Igbos?? No wonder everybody tends to hate them plus they wont allow you buy house in the east and at theesame time claiming other people's own

when buhari was using the igbos for vp in 2003 and 2007, did you notice that even the igbos did not vote for him just as the way they boycott Ojukwu"s APGA??

Now, they yelling and screaming crap.

You guys should know that you cant worth more than your price tag.

fvcking OBJ thought buhari is ode like GEJ, prey tell the unexpected happen, then we shall all see.

fvcking nerds.

If he is a fool and despearate like mumu Jonathan, what do you think will happen??

Buhari is a hero even in his death. wait and see the number of people that will attend IBB and OBj fvcking burials.

Thank you.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=28pt]OUCH!!!!![/size]

Can't Wait for 2015 . . . .lol Let it be free and fair o1 No more zoning. chai!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by darne(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
Its a nice combo if she doesnr work for OBJ and the likes, the woman, i like her, she stands for something good,, But I am sure BB has his reasons, I mean we are all out here supporting them, but you see them all,, they know their ways, they know how to get informations, when they want it,, I mean what BB knows none of know here,, they all have secrets,, But i`m glad he didnt chose her cos i still think she dines with OBJ and his colleagues,, Good luck to Nigeria,, I Hope Buhari Is The One,, He is still my Option as of now,, BB FOR NOW LOL !!!!!, VOTE CPC For Change, No More PDP, 12 years Of Rubbish !!!!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Funny,for a yoruba man parading himself as itshekiri,you didnt disappoint me.
I have strong reasons to believe that the recent attempt to make us believe that buhari is a messiah by most southwesterners is not unrelated to picking of bakare as vp by the dictator,poor ribadu,if only he knew how unreliable the west can be,seems the good old west has realized that buhari commands more northern votes than him,same old west, as deceitful as ever,ribadu must be feeling like a fish out of the water.
jason123:

Tribalistic Senseless moro.n!  angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by uglybetty: 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
All I know, OBJ will never never ever do that.This story is not true.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
Who is more reliable?? The EAST?? Go fasten that loose nut supporting your brain. ACN is having how many states?? How many APGA is having??

As far as am concern you guys are like pigs eating your own children even when it seem you are not hungry.

Upon all the crocodile's tears your shedding what happen the to APGA(Ojukwu's party)?? Just stop displaying your worthless hatred and find away to retrieve your brain from the gutter.

Just shut your crap up and see that you are the highest betrayals we are having. Hypocrites!

vicenzo:

I have strong reasons to believe that the recent attempt to make us believe that buhari is a messiah by most southwesterners is not unrelated to picking of bakare as vp by the dictator,poor ribadu,if only he knew how unreliable the west can be,seems the good old west has realized that buhari commands more northern votes than him,same old west, as deceitful as ever,ribadu must be feeling like a fish out of the water.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

I have strong reasons to believe that the recent attempt to make us believe that [b]buhari is a messiah by most southwesterners is not unrelated to picking of bakare as vp [/b]by the dictator,poor ribadu,if only he knew how unreliable the west can be,seems the good old west has realized that buhari commands more northern votes than him,same old west, as deceitful as ever,ribadu must be feeling like a fish out of the water.

Are the Itsekiris not part Yorubas again?
Are the Yorubas complaining?

LOL All this brouhaha! So that must mean y'all want GEJ so bad because of Akizwe (or whatever) he brilliantly planted as his name for you gullible SEasterners.  grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
I doubt Obi won Anambra Gubernatorial elections. Jo-boy forced Soludo to congratulate Obi prematurely I think Soludo won d election. That is d reason why Apga has no presidential election, one good turn deserves another.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

Vicenzo, your tribalism and stup.idity knows no bounds. If you think yorubas or the Old west (as you said) are for Buhari because he picked a yoruba vice them, stupi.dity is your bane.

It is a known fact that Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!

Now, for your Itsekiri and yoruba bruhaha,
You are really a moro.n. I am not here to defend my ethnicity,believe what you want, I am not you guys that create 50 usernames just to force Ikwerri or other eastern minorities to be Igbo, never. The yorubas are our brothers and yorubas see us as brothers, that is what matters. Whether you think I am itsekiri or not does not, in any shape or form, change the statue quote, which is your stupidity and childish tribalism.
Even you, can give yourself a reason to support GEJ other than "he is our son". MORO.N!!!!

Now, the question is, AFTER GEJ, WHAT NEXT? You think you can play the tribal card and not have repercussions You think you can eat your cake and have it, abi? 2015, prosperity will judge. You will be very surprised.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
For someone who claims to know about the east,you seem to know little about the east,i am not suprised. To help your ignorance ,both present governors of Abia and Imo won the election under PPA(orji uzor's party) platform,APGA controls Anambra,PDP controls Enugu and Ebonyi,i hope u get the point,ACN controls lagos,ekiti,osun states,Lp controls ondo,PDP controls Oyo and ogun states,therefore ACN control 3/6 of southwest,while PPA and APGA controls 3/5 of southeast,so what's your point?
Yes the west is unreliable, as ribadu will soon learn like zik did,GEJ knows that the east is reliable,hmm did u feel that? It's fresh air,goodluck to everybody.
Rhino.5dm:

Who is more reliable?? The EAST?? Go fasten that loose nut supporting your brain. ACN is having how many states?? How many APGA is having??

As far as am concern you guys are like pigs eating your own children even when it seem you are not hungry.

Upon all the crocodile's tears your shedding what happen the to APGA(Ojukwu's party)?? Just stop displaying your worthless hatred and find away to retrieve your brain from the gutter.

Just shut your crap up and see that you are the highest betrayals we are having. Hypocrites!

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by CyberG: 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
Can't you people SEE that Buhari just displayed the kind of wisdom and will that a person needs to be President?

1. OBJ sold him a dummy and he saw through it and didn't fall for it.

2. He is principled and will not do JUST ANYTHING to win

3. He refuses to be a flip-flop like the (f)toolish Odechukuw Jonadunce

4. Was it not his VP in 2007 (Eme Uzokwe), then in ANPP, that quickly ditched him to dine with the election-rigger serpent leader Yaradua to form the so called government of national unity?

5. Is there any slow-brained person in Nigeria that anything that has Obasanjo's hand in it is ultimately evil?

6. Did not Obasanjo "quit" the same Okonko Iweala from his cabinet then?

7. Iweala is a smart woman and an asset to a nation but what will she do as VP? Couldn't are skills and influence help Nigeria in better ways rather than do nothing since there is really nothing the VP does?
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2011
. . .And these two belongs to which party now?? Thats is hieght of betrayal biting the hand that fed you.

why is APGA(Ojukwu's party) having one state??

I thoght he is your messiah. NO??

Dude. just bury your head is shame.

The most unrealible region is EAST. today we for zoning tomorrow GEJ should continue, next we want presidency bt 2015

The only RELIGION that produces 5 senate presidents when giving the opportunity. Guy go find your compass and lantern cos the future look bleak.

vicenzo:

For someone who claims to know about the east,you seem to know little about the east,i am not suprised. To help your ignorance ,both present governors of Abia and Imo won the election under PPA(orji uzor's party) platform,APGA controls Anambra,PDP controls Enugu and Ebonyi,i hope u get the point,ACN controls lagos,ekiti,osun states,Lp controls ondo,PDP controls Oyo and ogun states,therefore ACN control 3/6 of southwest,while PPA and APGA controls 3/5 of southeast,so what's your point?
Yes the west is unreliable, as ribadu will soon learn like zik did,GEJ knows that the east is reliable,hmm did u feel that? It's fresh air,goodluck to everybody.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
I knew this topic would turn tribal.

Anyway, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala towers over any candidate the North can muster.

Who amongst Northern politicians and technocrats can challenge her credentials? None I tell you!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by Rhino5dm: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^ Thesame that OBJ bleep from her arsse. grin grin

From finance to tourism. What a shame!
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
Most itshekiri people i have met will always tell me that they are itshekiri and not yoruba,even though they acknowledge their yoruba connection,their interest usually lies with south-south and not south-west,when a certain deranged fella runs around nland telling people that he is itshekiri-yoruba(whatever that means) whose interest lies with the west,then something is wrong somewhere.
Goodluck's middle name has always been EBELE,at least i now know why the west hate the man,you should have said so since,who knows,he might decide to change AZIKIWE with Awo.Goodluck to you.
Ileke-IdI:

Are the Itsekiris not part Yorubas again?
Are the Yorubas complaining?

LOL All this brouhaha! So that must mean y'all want GEJ so bad because of Akizwe (or whatever) he brilliantly planted as his name for you gullible SEasterners.  grin grin
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by AndreUweh(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^^^ Thesame that OBJ bleep from her arsse. grin grin

From finance to tourism. What a shame!
Boy, desist from using foul language in this thread. You have not only insulted nairalanders and Nigerian leaders but have also insulted ethnic nations and regions.
Just be civil and reasonable.
My last warning to you.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

I knew this topic would turn tribal.

Anyway, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala towers over any candidate the North can muster.

Who amongst Northern politicians and technocrats can challenge her credentials? None I tell you!

It only turned tribal when that MUMU came.

vicenzo:

Guy, your daftness should know its limit!

Why did Buhari's vp candidates in 2007 leave him to join PDP Do you know know that all he wants is to loot but BUhari will NOT tolerate it. Just for him to shamelessly join FEE DEE FEE. Or is he Yoruba now MUMU. That is a chance to change the "aluta continua" mentality but NO, greed and tribalism is YOUR (not all igbos but just vicenzo) bane. Your hatred for other regions of the country has beclouded your judgment.

Do you wnat to know why GEJ is calling himself Azikwe?? It is because he was using your turn in the so called PDP zoning game just to win the primaries and as usually you fell for it like a sheep going to the abattoir for slaughter.  
Let GEJ finish his term because he WILL win. Do you know why?? Because the North has more to gain after GEJ than the south and we the southerners will be leave licking our wounds that is why we have to vote for someone that will bring a fair system. It that too hard for you to understand Why do you fial to read political moves in your country Are you truly that daft?

Will a good corrupt free Nigeria not be better than what we have now Well, as I said earlier, prosperity will surely judge. As for the SS, I LOVE YOUR GUYS, You have finally graduated from the political university with a first class degree, well done!!! smiley cool

After GEJ, North 2015-2023 after that I can bet my phone, its either the SS or SW. I dey laugh oooo!! Shebi, na tribalism una dey play. No one is better at it than the North and SW, the SS is has just been added to the fold.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Thank God Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is above this nonsense.

Credible Igbo leaders such as Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi should not even focus on national politics. They will not be appreciated, so why waste our talents on this entire nation, when they can focus on their region, or living their own lives?

Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
vicenzo:

Most itshekiri people i have met will always tell me that they are itshekiri and not yoruba,even though they acknowledge their yoruba connection,their interest usually lies with south-south and not south-west,when a certain deranged fella runs around nland telling people that he is itshekiri-yoruba(whatever that means)  whose interest lies with the west,then something is wrong somewhere.
  Goodluck's middle name has always been EBELE,at least i now know why the west hate  the man,you should have said so since,who knows,he might decide to change AZIKIWE with Awo.Goodluck to you.

You are a real moro.n. Have I ever said all itsekiris think or act like me I speak for my self and myself only! I have never said I speak for the itsekiris. BTW, how come no itsekiri man on this forum have come up to rebuke me Can you see how daft you are
I acknowledge my itsekiri origins but I also acknowledge my yoruba environment when I stayed in Lagos. I feel more affinity to them than itsekiri because I have never been to warri, so go drink poison! In fact, this is the last time I will ever argue with anyone about my identity. If you do not like it, go jump inside acid.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Thank God Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is above this nonsense.

Credible Igbo leaders such as Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Pat Utomi should not even focus on national politics. They will not be appreciated, so waste our talents on this nation.

Another ode-marudeen has joined the banter.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
jason123:

Another ode-marudeen has joined the banter.

Do not get upset with me for speaking the truth. Or are you upset, because someone is calling you a liar and a fake Itsekiri?

Either way, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is above this nonsense. Reading some of these comments, Nigerians deserves the leaders that they get.

The Iron Lady credentials cannot be denied.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by vicenzo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
Now this is what happens when a deranged impostor smokes ganja,dude your are suffering from verbal diarrhoea,i cant read this your crap.
jason123:

Vicenzo, your tribalism and stup.idity knows no bounds. If you think yorubas or the Old west (as you said) are for Buhari because he picked a yoruba vice them, stupi.dity is your bane.

It is a known fact that Yorubas were the main supporters of GEJ when the Northern cabal ganged up against him. The igbos on NL were talking about Zoning and all. Even Ojukwu gave his support to IBB. Yorubas stood behind GEJ through out.
The reason why yorubas stopped supporting him has nothing to do with ethnic affiliation rather it is the tribalism game, lack of compassion, lack of vision and butt licking.

When he came to the SW to campaign, he praised yorubas as the most educated and sophisticated et al but that does not mean yorubas want praises, what they want is development and ZERO tolerance to corruption. Take a look at the people that accompanied him in the SW, AKALA, OGD, Bode etc these are the people that have milked us dry so why should they now support him? Because he is a southerner? NO. Forget the praises, praises cannot feed a hungry child, it cannot help a robbed victim, it cannot help the commuter or anyone. Its all a contrivance. Why do you think they (yorubas) dislike OBJ??
My brother, with the little time I have spent with the yorubas, I can tell you that their politics is not based on how much you say but what you can do! It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Remember, the SW has the highest amount of people that are not from that region, that alone speaks volumes about how they think.
GEJ systematically moved from a humble and caring man to a desperate, clueless and power hungry man. Take a look at what happened in JOS. What about the AKALAs? should they not be prosecuted?? The guy has 100% tolerance for corruption , in fact, he is corruption himself! Take a look at the PDP primaries and the envelopes under the seats of delegates (5000 dollars   shocked sad) .

Although most of you consider ACN as a tribal party, some if not most yorubas will not vote for Ribadu, they prefer Buhari! Why? It is the genuine desire to stamp out corruption regardless of the ethnic affiliation. That is the truth!!!!

We have to stamp out corruption and tribalism before we can move forward as a nation. GEJ will be voted for based on tribalism. GEJ brought Ciroma's wife, Alams and all because he is corrupt! Forget the sentiments like "God chose him". How can God choose a man who is this corrupt? How can God choose a man that welcomed Bode George out of prison? How can God choose a man that brought Alams ( a man who dressed as a woman just to escape UK) to his team HOW  MY BROTHERS? HOW?

A good, corrupt free Nigeria will be good for us all. Forget the North and South dichotomy. This is the time for change not FEE DEE FEEE!!

Now, for your Itsekiri and yoruba bruhaha,
You are really a moro.n. I am not here to defend my ethnicity,believe what you want, I am not you guys that create 50 usernames just to force Ikwerri or other eastern minorities to be Igbo, never. The yorubas are our brothers and yorubas see us as brothers, that is what matters. Whether you think I am itsekiri or not does not, in any shape or form, change the statue quote, which is your stupidity and childish tribalism.
Even you, can give yourself a reason to support GEJ other than "he is our son". MORO.N!!!!

Now, the question is, AFTER GEJ, WHAT NEXT? You think you can play the tribal card and not have repercussions You think you can eat your cake and have it, abi? 2015, prosperity will judge. You will be very surprised.
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by jason123: 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Do not get upset with me for speaking the truth. Or are you upset, because someone is calling you a liar and a fake Itsekiri?

Either way, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is above this nonsense. Reading some of these comments, Nigerians deserves the leaders that they get.

The Iron Lady credentials cannot be denied.

I have nothing against Iwela and I am sure many people feel the same way. I wished ACN had chosen her but they did not so . . . . . life moves on!
She surely deserves some credit and I certainly respect her. cool
As for my origin, DO NOT GO DOWN THAT ROUTE!  angry
Re: Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate by EzeUche(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
jason123:

I have nothing against Iwela and I am sure many people feel the same way. I wished ACN had chosen her but they did not so . . . . . life moves on!
She surely deserves some credit and I certainly respect her. cool

If you understand her credentials, then you must know I shall defend her as well. Therefore, I advise you to leave me alone as I handle those who try to belittle this woman's achievements.

Adieu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mysterious Links Between Igbo And Japanese Words / Produce Apc Membership Card Of Dg Of Dss Or Shut Up, Apc Tells Pdp / Reps Summon Minister, Ex-efcc, SURE-P Bosses Over N1trn Rail Contracts Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.