Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Marriage And Career. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage And Career. (255 Views)

Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? / If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? / After She Had Told You No Sex Before Marriage And On Wedding Night U Found This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage And Career. by olufunmi01(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
Please I need advice on this critical issue.
I and my babe have been dating for the past 3 years. I am 30 and she's 28, but she is has been on me for us to settle down. We are both graduates but we can't get a Jobs. I left a teaching job in Lagos that was paying me 30k to relocate to ibadan. But ever since I got to Ibadan getting Job has been very difficult,but my babe keep pressurizing that I find a better Job for us to settle down. In one way or the other, I have been applying for scholarships to study abroad. Please what do I do should I keep searching for jobs for us to settle down or keep working on getting an international scholarship.
Re: Marriage And Career. by Oluromantic: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
First of all get pressure off your life. Pursue your career or a good job that will fetch you enough to start up a family. If she cannot wait till then, let her go Biko. Don't be pushed to early death
Re: Marriage And Career. by olufunmi01(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thanks
Re: Marriage And Career. by doggedfighter(f): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
shocked
Re: Marriage And Career. by SavageResponse(m): 12:07am On Jan 09, 2021
It's understandable why she's mounting a lot of pressure on you...time is no longer on her side
Re: Marriage And Career. by ThiagoKid(m): 12:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Bro run!
Run as fast as your leg fit!!
Run awhile from her, atleast for now.

Na kuku u go suffer am later. If u like listen to her
Re: Marriage And Career. by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:29am On Jan 09, 2021
Her proposal is not wrong BUT

Get a source of income: if you have a skill now is the time to deploy it so that it fetches you money.

Likewise your babe should get ass busy with a skill she has too so that both of you can raise money and not be overly dependent on the other.

Shoot for better opportunities for job offers or raising cash to start a thriving business, both of you can run it. Scholarship na long shot, I can help you with the contact of my buddy in UK an ex PTDF scholar on how to go about this scholarship thing.

So, have a reliable source of income (job or business), both you should set goals for your selves; she wants marriage (but she should come up with something more than just this) you want to further ur studies, I believe both can still work, you guys just have to plan things out and know what you want and keep fidelity in check, but settle money issue first.
Re: Marriage And Career. by ShackWes(f): 1:13am On Jan 09, 2021
it always end in tears
premium one
Re: Marriage And Career. by Nazgul: 4:04am On Jan 09, 2021
She's pressurizing you cos age isn't on her side. If you ditch her it's going to take a while before she can find a guy who will commit to her like you did, and that will be crossing into the age bracket that scares most single ladies a lot...her thirties.

You on the other hand needs finances to start and maintain a family. Marriage is money, family is money. No matter how a girl professes her love for you, once finance becomes a rate commodity in that marriage, her love will fly out through the window.

So get a job, this one you left Lagos and came to ibadan, to me there are much better job opportunities in Lagos than ibadan. Keep trying, and continue to be prayerful. God will grant you your heart desires.

And you shouldn't be the only one hunting for a job, encourage her to put in more efforts as well since she herself is a graduate.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Career. by ednut1(m): 4:11am On Jan 09, 2021
Your life never balance you wan add more hardships. Why are some women like this na

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Career. by olufunmi01(m): 6:43am On Jan 09, 2021
Really thank everyone for the contributions

(1) (Reply)

Relationship In Ijaw Language / Where Do You Procure Girls To Party / Kiss For Valentine Or Body For Valentine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.