Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (24694 Views)

Man Who Started Lagos Belongs To Igbos Has Been Exposed As Tinubu Supporter(Pix) / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Nope
Rubbish there was only one paramount ruler in Lagos when the British invaded lagos in 1850
Was the oba of lagos, who controlled the entire lagos, because his influence was little or not felt in some areas doesn't mean he wasnt overlording those areas,

British cultural influence didnt spread to all part of Nigeria, because the influence wasnt wide spread to those areas or because the British didnt war some tribes in Nigeria for colonization, does not meam British wasnt over lording them

If you have to go deep in those people history you say benin influence didnt get to, you will see there is a silent influence not pronounced benin had on the people

Check my profile to enlightening yourself more i have topics reveling the truth on my various threads

You are quoting the wrong person.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
nocomment2:
Ok, I have had my fun with this scam artist named christistruth00. I am the person who actually found the historical document in question and posted it to nairalanda.
Here is the actual translation:

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

The document comes from a book: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

@ Areafada, Gregyboy, Samuk, Davidnazee.

Very obviously the metropolis being talked about is Benin !
Macof why are you such a liar ?
For your info, "langue de terre" means : "very narrow piece of land". You don't speak French and your Google translation won't translate that, because it is an expression.
While discussing history with you guys yoruba, it always comes down to this: you must lie ! But why ? It is history, it has already happened, why try to create your alternate reality ?

For readers who only want the truth, the text is here for you, don't be lazy, translate it.

Also, when you see expressions like "langue de terre" you have to first look at its meaning in a French dictionary ( just type the expression on Google, it should give you the meaning in french), then you translate the meaning (which would be words in french) into English.
Don't believe me, just do the work and don't be lazy.

Also, as can be seen in the third caption, "ouyo" doesn't mean "oyo". Ouyo refers to a bunch of pirates whom were also called Jos. The ouyo pirates are most likely ijo people ! Gbam !

Lol, ogie' wa femwen, uyahe vbe d translation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Bro visit my profile and stop further embarrassment

Ile binu was given by the itsekiris

Read it here, how the itsekiris named the edos ilebinu

https://www.nairaland.com/6340975/benin-ife-conspiracy
That is not true. Ile Ibinu was corrupted to Benin, the only conspiracy of Ife and Benin is that of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa pushed out by the palace because of the problem of the Ogisos/Ogiamen descendant, wanting to be recognize as the Aborigines traditional ruler of that land.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
jneutron4000:
Oranmiyan did not administer as Oba in Benin, even when he founded the Oyo empire and he became the first Oba ( first Allafin of Oyo) he still left and went back to Ile Ife his final resting place.

Oranmiyam did.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by lagdmark(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Lagos belongs to Benin Republic, not our Binin.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
nocomment2:

what the hell are you talking about ?

Then stop speculating it was Ijaw.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Oranmiyam was the first Oba of Benin

Tarrh

The trash is a political lie which was created after 1914 to historically the Benin with Yoruba to
Form one ancestry under the western region

If we are to be truthful nothing of such history historically took place, Oranmiyan coming to benin is a lie and was a forged history

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

The trashed is not true bro visit my profile for more details

The trash is a political lie which was created after 1914 to historically the Benin with Yoruba to

If we are to be truthful nothing of such history historically took place, Oranmiyan coming to benin is a lie and was a forged history
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Yebosola(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Christistruth00:

Even Lagos Island itself belongs to the Aromire Awori Royal Family of Ijora

Aromire was the son of Olofin Ogunfunminire who was Oduduwa's Grandson that Migrated from Ile-Ife and founded Lagos with the Awori Yoruba.

God bless u jare, I told one noser on this platform years back when this issue was raging, even senator Obanikoro said his family was never from Benin, I wonder where this came from again.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
nocomment2:

You see, I live in France, I have a beautiful life with responsabilities and a job and some other projects.
I don't have time to entertain trolls.
I know it is hard for you to understand, but some people do have real lives. I have already said why I deleted my account and I believe you were on that topic: I have better things to do, my time is precious.
Nothing i have said is a lie. Moreover I caught many lies and illogical statements of your scam artist master. if you have not noticed, your scam artist master has copied me several times. i just ignore him because I generally ignore mentally ill people like that tao.

Kikikiki... grin

Story! Story!! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Tell that to obanikoro and tinubu, if you wont be jailed
Benin has no influence in Lagos... everything in Lagos is pure Yoruba maybe you should look inside the Lagoon the fishes might have a little Benin influence...which I doubt grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
jneutron4000:
That is not true. Ile Ibinu was corrupted to Benin, the only conspiracy of Ife and Benin is that of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa pushed out by the palace because of the problem of the Ogisos/Ogiamen descendant, wanting to be recognize as the Aborigines traditional ruler of that land.

Learn to relearn and don't pride in dogmatism

I excepted you to say wow, i would love to read more but youe tribal ego won't let you say that

The itsekiris were the people the Portuguese had
Contact with first at their arrival at the shore, they then introduced edos as Ile binu angry people as a warning to the Portuguese not to step into the edo areas

https://www.nairaland.com/6340975/name-benin-origin-benin-ife-conspiracy#97619218

Why not just take time and read

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Nope
Rubbish there was only one paramount ruler in Lagos when the British invaded lagos in 1850
Was the oba of lagos, who controlled the entire lagos, because his influence was little or not felt in some areas doesn't mean he wasnt overlording those areas,

British cultural influence didnt spread to all part of Nigeria, because the influence wasnt wide spread to those areas or because the British didnt war some tribes in Nigeria for colonization, does not meam British wasnt over lording them

If you have to go deep in those people history you say benin influence didnt get to, you will see there is a silent influence not pronounced benin had on the people

Check my profile to enlightening yourself more i have topics reveling the truth on my various threads

Benin has no influence in Lagos... everything in Lagos is pure Yoruba maybe you should look inside the Lagoon the fishes might have a little Benin influence...which I doubt grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Unclekayfarms:

Funny u but the first person to ever be Oba of Benin was a Yoruba man

No, there is absoluteley no proof for this claim. And the word yoruba wasn't even in existence the first time the Oba of Benin was visited by literate people. You might as well claim that the first emir of kano was a yoruba man or that the first king of israel was a yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Tarrh

You mean oba of Benin lied?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

He is a dullard... believe me... grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Balogunodua:

A lagos indigene is talking you ogbomosho sombori go dey shook mouth nor b ssy ancestor don even Lagos before oo, because you're opportuned you come dey talk rubbish,

afterall we are all Yoruba mentality an injury to one is an injury to all

LOL grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Then stop speculating it was Ijaw.

It is weaird you didn't ask your fellow yoruba to stop speculating it is "oyo". As I said the people who perfectly fit the description are ijaw and as the paper gives several names for them among which you have the name Jos. Back then the name ijaw didn't exist yet !
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
Balogunodua:

He is a dullard... believe me... grin

Hahahaha! The guy is grasping for straw.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
lagdmark:
Lagos belongs to Benin Republic, not our Binin.

In case you are not aware, Benin republic called itself Benin as from the 1970's. (formerly dahomey)
The name Benin refers to Benin empire whose capital is Benin city and whose ruler goes by the title Oba. That is where the name is from.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Which magical power? [s]That's the account after Benin conquered Eko.[/s] Did you read the account before Benin came?
There was no conquest.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Oba of Benin is playing political petty games with the rest monarch which started after amalgamation

. Yes they are all lieing on the Oduduwa history particular benun having anything to do with Oduduwa is the biggest lie of all, i explained all this in my profile

That's why behind their historical destabilization

No one decided to sue the other for lieing, because they know they are all lieing

Read my various thread in my profile for more info

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Learn to relearn and don't pride in dogmatism

I excepted you to say wow, i would to read more but yoyr tribal ego won't let you say that

The itsekiris were the people the Portuguese had
Xibract with first at their arrival at the shore, they then introduced edos as Ile binu angry people as a warning to the Portuguese not to step into the edo areas

https://www.nairaland.com/6340975/name-benin-origin-benin-ife-conspiracy#97619218

Why not just take time and read

Is this the junks and falsehood you want me to waste my time to read undecided Goodnight man make I leave you with your fallacy

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
has anybody noticed that Edo and the japanese language share a lot of common words ?

Notice that the word "Oba" is also a japanese word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

A lagos indigene is talking you ogbomosho sombori go dey shook mouth nor b ssy ancestor don even Lagos before oo, because you're opportuned you come dey talk rubbish,

afterall we are all Yoruba mentality an injury to one is an injury to all

LOL grin
You the injury that got your ancestors disgraced on this threads...l laugh in Congo grin

Summary For Quick Referencing

(1) “Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

(2) No Relationship Between Ife and Benin Prior To The 1800s ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96323798
OR
https://www.nairaland.com/6087424/benin-ife-myth-shouldnt-circulated#93803726

(3) Binis Militarily Invaded, Conquered, Settled in Lagos, and then Installed an Edo Prince as The First King ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6286709/ijebu-vs-jebusite/1#96593783

(4) Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

(5) Benin Obtained TRIBUTES from OYo ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6291440/benin-remain-center-west-africa/1#96792413

(6) Benin Ruled Certain Eastern-Yoruba Kingdoms ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96519494

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
nocomment2:
has anybody noticed that Edo and the japanese language share a lot of common words ?

Notice that the word "Oba" is also a japanese word.
You can add this to the volume of proofs that the word "Oba" in west Africa belongs to the Oba of Benin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! The guy is grasping for straw.

He is the rag of nairaland Yorubas grin Tao made sure of that grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
nocomment2:

It is weaird you didn't ask your fellow yoruba to stop speculating it is "oyo". As I said the people who perfectly fit the description are ijaw and as the paper gives several names for them among which you have the name Jos. Back then the name ijaw didn't exist yet !

Where did you learn some Ijaw were called Jos?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Oba of Benin is playing political petty games with the rest monarch which started after amalgamation

. Yes they are all lieing on the Oduduwa history particular benun having anything to do with Oduduwa is the biggest lie of all, i explained all this in my profile

That's why behind their historical destabilization

No one decided to sue the other for lieing, because they know they are all lieing

Read my various thread in my profile for more info

I'm his new source of history... grin

Summary For Quick Referencing

(1) “Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

(2) No Relationship Between Ife and Benin Prior To The 1800s ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96323798
OR
https://www.nairaland.com/6087424/benin-ife-myth-shouldnt-circulated#93803726

(3) Binis Militarily Invaded, Conquered, Settled in Lagos, and then Installed an Edo Prince as The First King ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6286709/ijebu-vs-jebusite/1#96593783

(4) Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

(5) Benin Obtained TRIBUTES from OYo ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6291440/benin-remain-center-west-africa/1#96792413

(6) Benin Ruled Certain Eastern-Yoruba Kingdoms ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96519494
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
jneutron4000:
Oranmiyan did not really style himself as Oba because he was a warrior, Nevertheless he stayed in Benin for a very short period, Eweka dynasty formally stated the Obaship and of course his father was Oranmiyan

This is a made up history, it was never historical, it was madup after 1914 to unite edo under the Yoruba cultural canopy which benin was under at the time the British was ruling
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by excanny: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
I understand Curamo(which clearly sounds European) but why would a white call Lagos "Eko" which doesn't sound European at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
forgiveness:

Where did you learn some Ijaw were called Jos?
nobody was called ijaw when the paper was written.
The only people who fit the description are the people we call ijaw today.

Do I have to repeat this 100 times before you understand ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Buhari’s Loyalists Plan To Drown Fayemi’s 2023 Ambition After Sinking Tinubu / APC Presidential Rally In Kano Cancelled / $2.1b arms deal:Buhari Is Losing His Integrity - Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.