Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. (13685 Views)

What Has GEJ Done To Lagosians ? / What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. / What Has Gej Done For Jos Crisis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by 9ijaMan: 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

no matter what anyone says, gej is the most popular choice notwithstanding his party affiliation. HE HAS GOT SO MANY FOLLOWERS LIKE ME.
Even a pile of poo has lots of flies hanging around too!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

no matter what anyone says, gej is the most popular choice notwithstanding his party affiliation. HE HAS GOT SO MANY FOLLOWERS LIKE ME.

That sure he does . . . he has many uninformed followers who like to resist every call for them to stand at least on the truth!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by WebSurfer(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
9ja
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Nizoral(f): 12:20am On Apr 04, 2011
really isee some haters here hmmmmm
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by enyojo(f): 12:36am On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That sure he does . . . he has many uninformed followers who like to resist every call for them to stand at least on the truth!
Kobojunkie, when I grow up, I would like to be like u

where she gather dis brains from? Chei!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by ktechnical: 1:14am On Apr 04, 2011
guys make una forget am na Goodluck go win, free and fair or riging, una think say those PDP rubbers go sidon look their their source of thievery being given to another party. Goodluck is not bad but my fear is that within 2 years he would have forgotten his promise but i go still manage vote 4 am
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by LFJ: 2:59am On Apr 04, 2011
The smartest way would have been to tell us what he has done in the last 10months. Your question is another cheap way to subject GEJ to ridicule. In your wildest imagination, what miracles has he performed in the last 10months?

• The governance is still business as usual
• The criminals are still roaming our street
• Our Roads are still death trap
• Our education is getting worst
• Heath sector is a disgrace
• Unemployment is still growing
• We are now sleeping with fear, because of the state of our security
• Electricity is a problem
• Corruption still strong front and back
• Drinkable is not readily available
• Rule of law has become a dream

The list are unlimited, our situation is just unfortunate, the issue of performance or general interest are no longer counted; if the reason to support GEJ today is because he is from Niger Delta, it means I need to cry out too that somebody from my state has not become Nigeria president.

There is always a consequence for our actions or inactions, we knew the situation 12years ago, and thank God we can ask ourselves if we are worst or better off. Those who believe that they need GEJ to perform unusual miracle in Niger Delta, regardless of his capability to solve Nigeria problem, I wish them the best.

I am looking towards seeing the Niger Delta as a small London; and those who see the present battle as the battle for our future, if we eventually lose the battle to rescue our country from fisherman and his blind supporters, our conscience will always be there for us.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Anaegboka(m): 5:36am On Apr 04, 2011
roxell120:

What will you tell your children when they ask you what you did when gej and his popular pdp are stealing their future?
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2011
Part of his ashivements is that he gafe us this "rice distributor":

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1Mjd9WSgw&feature=related[/flash]

They have eliminated poverty in Nigeria through their genius rice distribution strategy. grin grin grin
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2011
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by ayodot(m): 9:44am On Apr 04, 2011
I get angry whenever I read some post. How can can someone in is rigth sense say, because a present leader wasn't the one that caused the problem, then therefore he d leader, shouldn't concern himself with it solution? sorry I couldn't insert the post I'm writing my deduction on.
Isn't obvious how GEJ would spend our resourse for another four years.
Just in is one year Nigeria as been plunged in back into foreign dept(about 4billion of foriegn dept and local dept soaring high). I tell u, by 2015 we would be back in paris club dept book.

This doesn't remove the fact that the excess crude acc and foreign is beening deplete like tsunami clearing japan was put in place @ crude rate of about $75 per barrel. With d all time high crude rate of around $90 per barrel nothing is showing in this accounts.

He as shown us again what we already know, that proposition does not necessarily lead to implementation. He's been proposition seen he mounted the podium. he promise power, due process and erradication of corruption but the status quo remians. On is proposed university don't be decieved, thats the only thing you would be hearing, propositions and more propositions

Continuity is a very important aspect of governance so him, continuing what is predecesor started is a good thing. for me I haven,t really seen any thing I can attach to is name in the last one year except GEJ biscuit. LOL.

Of all the bills that as been signed or on the process of been passed or sign how many was sponsored by him.

There's this saying that a man that is unfaithful in a little thing will certainly be unfaithful in a migthier thing. so, for the little tiime he use and wasted, its only a fool or sycophants that will commit another four year of is life into such an hand
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by obimag(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
I do see GEL as the Best Nigeria at the moment , although I have notice a lot of economics policy conflict and lack of strong will to tackle corruption and integrated approach in solving the security problem that have bedeviled this country.

Apart from Shekaru who does not have strong political structure to win the presidential election, GEL stands out amongst others.
GEL has actually shown his sincerely in transforming this nation by the following
Power Road Map
Oil & Gas Local Content
Entertainment industry Local Content
Revitalization of all the Refinery in Nigeria
Intervention fund to the manufacturers, Farmers and the Entertainment industry
Establishment of nine more universities
Policy on the mandatory use of assembled in Nigeria cars and other products. etc.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Orikinla(m): 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
I know your GEJ more than all the rented crowd of political sycophants on Nairaland who are hopelessly dumb and since  they are intellectual illiterates they cannot understand the causes and  consequences of the failures of GEJ's polity and the maladministration of the corrupt ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) from Obasanjo to Jonathan. The fact is, the state of INSECURITY is enough proof of the incompetence of GEJ and cannot be disputed by any reasonable person, except a FOOL.                                                             Presently, 80% of the teachers in public schools are not qualified to teach. The higher institutions are  teaching with outdated curricula that the medical schools produce medical doctors who often have to be retrained when they relocate to developed nations and Nigerian elites spend billions of naira on foreign medical trips and services. The MTN Foundation is even doing more to improve medicare than GEJ's administration.                                                                                          The GEJ government has failed to tackle CORRUPTION at all levels from Bayelsa to Abuja. The corrupt practices of the PDP states are linked to Abuja. The corrupt PDP governors are guilty of the misappropriations of public funds. GEJ has failed to account for the over N7 billion meant for the 50th Independence Anniversary of Nigeria and how much his PDP got from the cases Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in Nigeria.                                                                              On ENERGY, the so called road map or whatever you call it has not been implemented and if probed by the Energy Commission will expose the misappropriations already going on from the time of OBJ to date. Ask the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) the costs of doing business in Nigeria presently and you will weep for this country. Do you know how many factories have been shut and the figures of unemployed youths? What plans have you seen from GEJ to provide jobs for over 20 million jobless youths? Do you know how much GEJ is wasting on American spin doctors for his Facebook public relations racket?
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sho!!!

PapaBrowne don run o! grin
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Orikinla(m): 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
There are two ways to change a corrupt government. By election or by a revolution in peace or in pieces. The majority of the masses in Nigeria and all sane people want an end to the nightmares of the PDP. The bereaved families of thousands of people who have been killed in political, ethnic and religious conflicts in the northern states, middle belt and southern states since 1999 to date want a new government. The PDP MUST GO!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by PapaBrowne(m): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sagamite:

Sho!!!

PapaBrowne don run o! grin

Nooo!! I never run oh!! Been busy all day!! Would be back!!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by geniusbami(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
GEJ protagonists, wake up! Life gives no room for rehearsals, every moment, month n yr U lose is gone 4ever. It's gd enof 2 apprec8 gd qualities in a person, (in fact, I encourage pple not to be stingy with apprec8n), but if we overpromote a less qualified, less capable man to be in charge of a Coy, all losses could be denominated in financial terms. If that man is put in charge of our all-encompassing political lives for 4yrs (since we're not matured to remove our political leaders when we find them wanting) the losses will be colossal financial, moral, economic losses, covering up to but not limited to the foreseeble future (short term). Now, how cheap is that?

Our dear president is having gr8 academic maturity n finesse. This aroma pervades all he does, but what's d connection between costume and character?

He has TOLD us what he WILL do if he's given control of our political destiny. He had a chance to give us a fore-taste of his leadership style for 10 whole months and we're more confused than convinced.

“Take d bull by d horn! Take it by d horn fast!! Yes! The horn fast, fast“. We all know if this desperate shout goes to our President, he'll do 'NUTTYg BY NATURE'

The fear of d pple that surround him/he surrounds himself with perplexes me. Moreso, given d fact that he's compromised a lot 4 his own political career.

Are we good to go?
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
[size=13pt]About $300 Billion dollars spentso far in 12 PDP Years[/size]

What do we have to show for all that money? Still

a) No Electricity
b) No good healthcare
c) No good roads
d) Education in dilapidated state
e) No jobs
f) Poverty rate about 30% higher today

These are great reasons to support Jonathan and PDP

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by somze(f): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

a) No Electricity
You mean the whole nation is in perpetual darkness Get real!!!

Kobojunkie:

b) No good healthcare
c) No good roads
It's funny how you can call (b) when some non-pdp Governors claim their healthcare meet global standards now. Anyhow I have no arguments on this one.

(c) Isn't logical or true. You can name a few bad roads but saying there are no good roads is a false generalization. I can name a number of roads built by PDP Govt.

Kobojunkie:

d) Education in dilapidated state
e) No jobs
f) Poverty rate about 30% higher today[/b]

e. Like all your other assertions this is logically baseless. Thousands of Jobs were created by the PDP government.
f. References please?
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
somze:

You mean the whole nation is in perpetual darkness Get real!!!
It's funny how you can call (b) when some non-pdp Governors claim their healthcare meet global standards now. Anyhow I have no arguments on this one.

(c) Isn't logical or true. You can name a few bad roads but saying there are no good roads is a false generalization. I can name a number of roads built by PDP Govt.

e. Like all your other assertions this is logically baseless. Thousands of Jobs were created by the PDP government.
f. References please?

I am just going to conclude you are just looking to waste your own time . . and move on now to people who are more able to argue honestly. It seems the rebuttals are getting even more ridiculous now. undecided undecided
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by somze(f): 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
Case of kettle and pot. Your arguments lacked logical cohesiveness. I can't being to explain to you the difference between when a service is absent or insufficient.

Take the job case - Telecommunication and Re-capitalization of the Banking Sector are introductions of PDP administration that created thousand of jobs. In telecoms there were thousands of direct employments in GSM and CDMA operators, hundreds if not thousands of SMEs started up as a result - from the recharge card sellers on the streets, to recharge card printers, to main distributors, to companies involved in Field Management Services, Diesel Supply etc. When you so effortlessly type that there are "no jobs" you should have considered how totally and logically false that was.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ Somze,

So you dey hear dey yarn megedefegede, you never come greet us for Chelsea thread?

Which kain yarns you dey yarn sef say PDP brought mobile telecoms to Naija. I guess Guinea Bissau, Gambia and Senegal are also controlled by PDP cos I also see them making calls and selling recharge cards.

Abegi, mobile comms came to Africa when it did and everybody got it, even in countries way way poorer than Nigeria. What did PDP have to do with it?

The technology became available. Simples.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sagamite:

Okay, PapaBrowne, why don't you help us summarise the points of the GEJ camp's "logical" arguments, by putting it "intelligently", with "analytical" capacity, all the points that:

1) Shows GEJ is competent for the job.
2) Indicates his achievements.
3) Shows why he is better than the other main candidates.

I wait patiently.

Ok, Sagamite. I will do as you've asked and would respond to any queries, but under certain rules of engagement which I hope as a BB supporter, you will be capable of observing!! First, no insulting vituperations. Second, we will focus more on Issues and less on Persons. Third, Logic is king.

If you are game, then let me hit you with "Logical", "Intelligent" and "Analytical" punchers on why GEJ is competent, his achievements and why he by far outclasses the other main candidates!!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
COMPETENCE
Lets start by defining competence. Competence is "The state or quality of being adequately or well qualified". So your question is basically asking if Jonathan is well qualified for the job. We can use three widely accepted criteria to assess his competence. One is Performance [/b]on given tasks. The second is[b] Peer Review. And the third is[b] Vision and Plans[/b]!
On this page, I will focus on Performance!

Performance
When Jonathan came into power, he promised to deliver on three critical areas which include- Niger Delta, Electrical Power and Electoral reforms.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5609380-146/jonathan_may_adopt_three_point_agenda.csp

Niger Delta- Relative peace and normalcy have returned significantly to the Niger Delta since the advent of the Jonathan Presidency. Pipelines are no bombed to smitherings. There are hardly any hard faced militants left in the creeks. The amnesty program has been well implemented and largely successful. And more importantly, our oil production has gone up to its highest levels from somewhere in the region of 1.5 million barrels in 2009 to about 2.5 million Barrels today. 1 million barrels extra equates to over 80 million dollars daily. Multiply that by 10 months and you'll find that Jonathan, by the success of his Niger Delta policy has enabled over $25-$30 Billion dollar extra into our coffers!! The graph at the bottom shows growth in oil output.

On Electricity, we must agree that it takes much more than ten months to build power plants, transmission lines and distribution nodes that would correct the effects of over 3 decades of negligence. Yet the President Jonathan has recorded some modest improvements in power supply as well as giant strides in his roadmap towards privatizing the power sector.  He has released funds running to almost $1Billion for compensation of soon-to-be laid off PHCN staff. The bidding process for the GENCOs have attracted 331 firms most of whom possess world class credentials. His achievements in this sector are enormous and should be commended. Jonathan has in ten months done what OBJ and Yar Adua tried to do in 10 years!

Electoral Reforms. Without having to say too much, the massive interest the 2011 elections have generated, the fact that Buhari and Ribadu even stand a chance and the fact that the populace for the first time believe their votes would count is a strong testament to the success of Jonathan's Elecoral reform promise. He made the INEC independent. He appointed an intergrity man(That's what Nigerians like). He released record subventions as requested by INEC in due time. And he ensured that his party conducted the most transparent ever presidential primaries in the history of this country!! He didn't stop there. He has run a very effective campaign that is devoid of violence and acrimonious rantings which had been the style of his party in previous times. Infact, his party is now the one being bullied!!

Extras
The president has not only delivered on these, he has done so much more in areas he didn't make promises like international diplomacy, Aviation,Rail infrastructure, minimum wage increment and higher education.
Nigeria was sinking internationally under Yar Adua. We had the Mutallab issue. Under Jonathan's watch, the nation's image has been successfully redeemed.
We are back to international reckoning.
In aviation,under Jonathan we now have a category one rating by the US FAA, something we've been craving for decades!! This is a signpost that our airspace is as safe as the best would want!
Some of the railways are back, others are under construction. He gave a 250% minimum wage increase. Now that's big especially when you consider that the last on over the last ten years was barely 25%.
He has successfully reflated the economy which was sinking under the weight of the Banking sector crises, Stock Market crash, global economic recession.  All these in just 10 months should be commended by any count especially when you consider that this is an election year!!

Peer Review and Vision and Plans on subsequent posts!!

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Ok, Sagamite. I will do as you've asked and would respond to any queries, but under certain rules of engagement which I hope as a BB supporter, you will be capable of observing!! First, no insulting vituperations. Second, we will focus more on Issues and less on Persons. Third, Logic is king.

If you are game, then let me hit you with "Logical", "Intelligent" and "Analytical" punchers on why GEJ is competent, his achievements and why he by far outclasses the other main candidates!!

You cannot say you want to discuss competency and say you are not discussing Persons. That is not logical. If logic is King, then lets start off with logic.

PapaBrowne:

COMPETENCE
Lets start by defining competence. Competence is "The state or quality of being adequately or well qualified". So your question is basically asking if Jonathan is well qualified for the job. We can use three widely accepted criteria to assess his competence. One is Performance [/b]on given tasks. The second is[b] Peer Review. And the third is[b] Vision and Plans[/b]!
On this page, I will focus on Performance!

Performance
When Jonathan came into power, he promised to deliver on three critical areas which include- Niger Delta, Electrical Power and Electoral reforms.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5609380-146/jonathan_may_adopt_three_point_agenda.csp

Niger Delta- Relative peace and normalcy have returned significantly to the Niger Delta since the advent of the Jonathan Presidency. Pipelines are no bombed to smitherings. There are hardly any hard faced militants left in the creeks. The amnesty program has been well implemented and largely successful. And more importantly, our oil production has gone up to its highest levels from somewhere in the region of 1.5 million barrels in 2009 to about 2.5 million Barrels today. 1 million barrels extra equates to over 80 million dollars daily. Multiply that by 10 months and you'll find that Jonathan, by the success of his Niger Delta policy has enabled over $25-$30 Billion dollar extra into our coffers!! The graph at the bottom shows growth in oil output.

On Electricity, we must agree that it takes much more than ten months to build power plants, transmission lines and distribution nodes that would correct the effects of over 3 decades of negligence. Yet the President Jonathan has recorded some modest improvements in power supply as well as giant strides in his roadmap towards privatizing the power sector.  He has released funds running to almost $1Billion for compensation of soon-to-be laid off PHCN staff. The bidding process for the GENCOs have attracted 331 firms most of whom possess world class credentials. His achievements in this sector are enormous and should be commended. Jonathan has in ten months done what OBJ and Yar Adua tried to do in 10 years!

Electoral Reforms. Without having to say too much, the massive interest the 2011 elections have generated, the fact that Buhari and Ribadu even stand a chance and the fact that the populace for the first time believe their votes would count is a strong testament to the success of Jonathan's Elecoral reform promise. He made the INEC independent. He appointed an intergrity man(That's what Nigerians like). He released record subventions as requested by INEC in due time. And he ensured that his party conducted the most transparent ever presidential primaries in the history of this country!! He didn't stop there. He has run a very effective campaign that is devoid of violence and acrimonious rantings which had been the style of his party in previous times. Infact, his party is now the one being bullied!!

Extras
The president has not only delivered on these, he has done so much more in areas he didn't make promises like international diplomacy, Aviation,Rail infrastructure, minimum wage increment and higher education.
Nigeria was sinking internationally under Yar Adua. We had the Mutallab issue. Under Jonathan's watch, the nation's image has been successfully redeemed.
We are back to international reckoning.
In aviation,under Jonathan we now have a category one rating by the US FAA, something we've been craving for decades!! This is a signpost that our airspace is as safe as the best would want!
Some of the railways are back, others are under construction. He gave a 250% minimum wage increase. Now that's big especially when you consider that the last on over the last ten years was barely 25%.
He has successfully reflated the economy which was sinking under the weight of the Banking sector crises, Stock Market crash, global economic recession.  All these in just 10 months should be commended by any count especially when you consider that this is an election year!!

Peer Review and Vision and Plans on subsequent posts!!

This is really poor, I must say. Your points are struggling points.

- Niger Delta peace is not an outcome of a Jonathan action or plan. It is an outcome of militants having a local boy in power.

You can't have a Islamic fundamentalist given the presidency of Afghanistan and then the Taliban stop, then you heap praise on the fundamentalist's capability.

Furthermore, the amnesty plan you allude to was not a Jonathan plan or executed under Jonathan, he just maintained what was there. That said, that is neither here or there, it is small scale in the scheme of things. The real Koko is that Niger Delta is calm because a Niger Deltan is in power.

Moreso, we do not know how many millions is being siphoned to keep militants quiet.

Speculatively and experientally, let us not foool ourselves, we know the criminals that call themselves militants are not buffoons, elections is historically their season for making money. They made some noises a few months/weeks ago and then went quiet after a while, anyone that knows Nigeria and the politics of that region knows it means "give us something otherwise elections no go go smooth" and everyone knows our unaccountable politicians are quick to settle on any issues that hinders the corruption hegemony and their access to public funds that funds their lifestyle.

- Electricity. What "giant" strides? You give no points of tangible improvements and you are trying to use words to overblow what does not exist? His achievement in this sector you claim is "enormous"? How? What improvement have you seen that made it enormous? And you are the person that started of saying Logic should be King? Merely releasing funds is the "enormous" achievements? OBJ did not release funds? Or creating plans is the "giant" strides? OBJ's government did not have a plan?

http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/subjindx/123nigr.htm
http://www.oilgasarticles.com/articles/282/1/Nigerian-Power-Sector/Page1.html

Please try again and tell us the "enormous" and "giant" strides GEJ has made in the Electricity section. Please make sure your points fit the magnitude of the words you used. A common calculator can not be called nanotechnology.

-Electoral Reform. Are you kidding me or something? You were the one that proposed Logic should be king yet you use interest in election as proof of electoral reform? Are you having a laugh?

There was never interest in elections in Nigeria before? Who do you think you are BSing? It is because of electoral reform that opposition candidates have a chance or the fragmentation of the PDP due to the breakdown of their zoning system? Who do you think you are BSing? Releasing records as required by procedural law is the reform you are talking about? Who do you think you are BSing? Delegates were not bribed at the PDP convention? Who do you think you are BSing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12196959

-Extras. I don't think you saw the wikis, did you? We are back in international reckoning? Are you joking? The same Jonathan that has not brought a single soul to court for the Haliburton bribery despite being provided with names and several officials pleading guilty in USA and jailed?

Who do you think you are BSing? Are you telling me the revival of the trains was started under GEJ? Cleaning up of the bank was GEJ's work? Who do you think you are BSing?

Furthermore, it is evident of GEJ's incompetence not to know the more pertinent priority of the nation. It should be:

- Corruption
- Electricity
- Security
- Infrastructure
- Education
- Jobs

Now tell me what GEJ has done in those areas.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sensicut(m): 12:38am On Apr 05, 2011
He can be goodluck for himself or for his family not for nigeria goodluck is just an ordinary world.we should not fool ourself this obj man can deliver us.lets vote them out enough is enough.god bless nigeria
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by olasboy: 12:49am On Apr 05, 2011
I am Goodluck Jonathan,

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by somze(f): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2011
Sagamite:

- Niger Delta peace is not an outcome of a Jonathan action or plan. It is an outcome of militants having a local boy in power.

You can't have a Islamic fundamentalist given the presidency of Afghanistan and then the Taliban stop, then you heap praise on the fundamentalist's capability.

Furthermore, the amnesty plan you allude to was not a Jonathan plan or executed under Jonathan, he just maintained what was there. That said, that is neither here or there, it is small scale in the scheme of things. The real Koko is that Niger Delta is calm because a Niger Deltan is in power.

Moreso, we do not know how many millions is being siphoned to keep militants quiet.
Walking along your lines, If he has maintained it, and we have seen improvements (relative peace in the south, increase in barrels per day), then logically it means he should take some glory in this achievement. This is clearly logical as the opposite holds also. Also the inference that Niger Delta is calm because GEJ is Niger Deltan seem lose water as it is clear that threats (and action in some cases) still exist from the main agitators.

Sagamite:

- Electricity. What "giant" strides? You give no points of tangible improvements and you are trying to use words to overblow what does not exist? His achievement in this sector you claim is "enormous"? How? What improvement have you seen that made it enormous? And you are the person that started of saying Logic should be King? Merely releasing funds is the "enormous" achievements? OBJ did not release funds? Or creating plans is the "giant" strides? OBJ's government did not have a plan?

http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/subjindx/123nigr.htm
http://www.oilgasarticles.com/articles/282/1/Nigerian-Power-Sector/Page1.html

Please try again and tell us the "enormous" and "giant" strides GEJ has made in the Electricity section. Please make sure your points fit the magnitude of the words you used. A common calculator can not be called nanotechnology.
Understand 2 things. GEJ's roadmap builds on what Obj started - IPP and Privatization/Un-bundling of PHCN. PIB Bill will also play a huge role since it covers PPP refineries. See these links

Goodluck’s Power Roadmap
http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/rokdownloads/Roadmap%20for%20Power%20Sector%20Reform%20Full%20Version.pdf

More companies bid for electricity distribution companies
http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/news-blocks/more-companies-bid-for-electricity-distribution-companies

Power Situation under PDP 12years
http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/09/06/jonathans-power-roadmap/

Plan of implementation of distribution of Power Supply by Plants and States
http://www.goodluckjonathanfor2011.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=369:roadmap-targets-10-cities-for-stable-power-supply

Increase in Power Generation
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/electricity-output-now-4000mw-fg/
http://allafrica.com/stories/201103071045.html

Sagamite:

-Electoral Reform. Are you kidding me or something? You were the one that proposed Logic should be king yet you use interest in election as proof of electoral reform? Are you having a laugh?

There was never interest in elections in Nigeria before? Who do you think you are BSing? It is because of electoral reform that opposition candidates have a chance or the fragmentation of the PDP due to the breakdown of their zoning system? Who do you think you are BSing? Releasing records as required by procedural law is the reform you are talking about? Who do you think you are BSing? Delegates were not bribed at the PDP convention? Who do you think you are BSing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12196959
Looking backwards we can see clear signs of improvement. In the appointments of Jega, RECs etc, funding and the belief/interest in the elections. More Nigerians actually believe that the coming elections would be free, fair and credible. We have 73m registered voters, freedom of press/media and a more independent INEC. It's looking bright and in about 4 weeks we can give clear judgments on this process.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by somze(f): 10:48am On Apr 05, 2011
Ibime:

@ Somze,

So you dey hear dey yarn megedefegede, you never come greet us for Chelsea thread?

Which kain yarns you dey yarn sef say PDP brought mobile telecoms to Naija. I guess Guinea Bissau, Gambia and Senegal are also controlled by PDP cos I also see them making calls and selling recharge cards.

Abegi, mobile comms came to Africa when it did and everybody got it, even in countries way way poorer than Nigeria. What did PDP have to do with it?

The technology became available. Simples.
My brother, how you dey? I checked the thread yesterday and it seem like the last post was days back. I go soon holla.

Telecoms (GSM) was introduced in 1991, went commercial in South Africa (1994), Zimbabwe & Mozambique (1997), Botswana & Rwanda (1998)Source. In Nigeria however it started in 2001. A Government does not necessarily have to create jobs. They just have to enable investments that create jobs. A PDP govt did that. Also the recapitalization of banks brought resulted in thousands of direct employment.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Olucheye(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am just going to conclude you are just looking to waste your own time . . and move on now to people who are more able to argue honestly. It seems the rebuttals are getting even more ridiculous now. undecided undecided
Kobojunkie:

When people lie too much they begin to believe their own lies
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
debrief08:

When people lie too much they begin to believe their own lies
How true, people tell shocking lies because of greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari / I Regret Joining APC, Atiku Reveals / Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu And NSCDC’s Scorecard!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.