Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej (2742 Views)

President Buhari Vs Gen Buhari:3 Unfortunate Things That Always Happen Under Him / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari / Twitter User Takes Shot At Ben Bruce, Calls Him "An Unfortunate Man" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
I have just listened to President Goodluck Jonathan, and I quote him, inter alia, "luckily, it's only the parliamentary elections that were affected, "
what the hell was that? If the president of our nation could make such statement, it shows how trivial he holds the parliament.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
What do you expect from a mumu
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by danjohn: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
I am not surprised. I really do not expect much from him. It would take more than that statement to shock me. Sorry brother, you need to have a high opinion of Jonathan to be disappointed. I actually expect statements like that from him.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by kokoA(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
I thought I was the only one that heard that o. The people around this guy aint helping him at all.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by efisher(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
He may not have put it perfectly but before you crucify the man, think of it this way: If all the elections were to be held today, it would have been a different story. He may have been trying to tell us to look at the brighter side.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by boycottam: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
GEJ true failure. Accidental president
[img]http://yes o pdp is destroying our future one JEG at a time
[/img]
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Jarus(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
Other major gaffes by GEJ. He referred to INEC Chairmanship position as 'INEC President' in his CNN interview. He said in Ibadan rally he was contesting for governor. They had to whisper to his ears that he uttered 'governorship' instead of 'presidential' and he quickly joked it off that 'Mr Akala, your position is safe o, I meant presidential election I'm contesting'.

These slips are unpresidential, honestly.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by aletheia(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
^Really? How much more jaundiced can you guys get? Anyone without an axe to grind knows that there is nothing wrong with what Mr President said concerning today's events.
Anyone who has never in his life made such slips of tongue should raise his hand. Stop being hypocritical, the lot of you.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by kokoA(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

^Really? How much more jaundiced can you guys get? Anyone without an axe to grind knows that there is nothing wrong with what Mr President said concerning today's events.
Anyone who has never in his life made such slips of tongue should raise his hand. Stop being hypocritical, the lot of you.

Mr man, nobody is being hypocritical here. Mr. President said we are lucky this is coming up during the parliamentary election and not election into the executive arm of government, and you call that "slip of tongue"? There is everything wrong with that statement. Inasmuch as nobody is perfect, I think GEJ's gaffes are becoming embarrassing. The people around him are suppose to help him out with this not "licking his butt" for favors. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are not wishing our president well.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by bonetalk(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
Keep criticizing and let him continue his presidency over u, he no sabi English and he dey make money and u stay 4 1 corner dey criticize, continue!
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by aletheia(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
kokoA:

Mr man, nobody is being hypocritical here. Mr. President said we are lucky this is coming up during the parliamentary election and not election into the executive arm of government, and you call that "slip of tongue"? There is everything wrong with that statement. Inasmuch as nobody is perfect, I think GEJ's gaffes are becoming embarrassing. The people around him are suppose to help him out with this not "licking his butt" for favors. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are not wishing our president well.
^You are just being plain hysterical and down-right hypocritical. Nothing more, just exhibiting the mentality of a lynch-mob.
1) It is rather unfortunate that the parliamentary elections failed to take place today due to logistic reasons.
2) It is fortunate (lucky) that only the parliamentary elections were so affected.
3) Mr President was just telling you the plain truth
4) Your bilious rage and envy and blackheartedness impels you to twist Mr President's words and make more out of it. Paranoia drives you. As it is written: "There is no rest for the wicked" and "to the impure, even what is pure is impure."
5) You hypocrites crying louder than the bereaved would have been the same people excoriating INEC if it had gone ahead despite their logistic problems and presented us with a shambolic election.

I agree with Mr President that we are lucky that only the parliamentary elections were so affected.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Rossikk(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^Abi oh? If they are better why are they sitting in the corner while he is president? Afterall he was only a lecturer at uni, not born with silver spoon in his mouth! Awon ode.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by oderemo(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2011
@me gbenga, is it all about moni or good governance?
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by kokoA(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
celebrating mediocrity!
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Ibime(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2011
Does the fresh fart not know that a parliament of the people is stronger than the Presidency.

Even in his slips of tongue, we can see the utter selfishness of the immoral philanderer.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by ziga: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
His talk is just like telling a mother who just lost a twin that "At least you are fortunate that it is only Kehinde that died and Taiwo is still alive"

If our President values our time, and our zeal for good and credible elections, he should be apologetic to all the poor Nigerians who had to go wait in the sun, waiting to cast their votes ,only to be told that they have to come back on Monday.

BTW, Nigerians who make money by the day will not be too thrilled about having to part with a day's worth of their livelihood.

What is wrong is wrong. Regardless oof what Mr President's intentions are, that statement was totally insensitive!!!
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by oderemo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
dont know y some asswipe are proping up this our fragile president , anyway his day are numbered.
victory for the ppl is a must.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by MaiSuya(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

^You are just being plain hysterical and down-right hypocritical. Nothing more, just exhibiting the mentality of a lynch-mob.
1) It is rather unfortunate that the parliamentary elections failed to take place today due to logistic reasons.
2) It is fortunate (lucky) that only the parliamentary elections were so affected.
3) Mr President was just telling you the plain truth
4) Your bilious rage and envy and blackheartedness impels you to twist Mr President's words and make more out of it. Paranoia drives you. As it is written: "There is no rest for the wicked" and "to the impure, even what is pure is impure."
5) You hypocrites crying louder than the bereaved would have been the same people excoriating INEC if it had gone ahead despite their logistic problems and presented us with a shambolic election.

I agree with Mr President that we are lucky that only the parliamentary elections were so affected.

I wonder if it were Buhari that had made the same slip, would you have been this passionate in your defense of him?

Of course not. That is why you are a PDP man. YOUR  WORDS: 'there in no rest for the wicked" AMEN!!!!!  angry
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by ektbear: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
As GEJ said, it is "only the parlimentary elections."

Who cares about those who might have been negatively inconvenienced by the delay? People whose income will be negatively affected by the declaration of a holiday on Monday?

People who rearranged their schedule, perhaps traveled a great distance to vote today?

They don't matter, do they?
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by PapaBrowne(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
Some folks, in their sentimental debasement get blinded to very simple points!!

What the President said is sooo correct!! We are fortunate this happened on the day of legislative elections!! Legislative elections always experience low turnout with little or no passion from  the electorate.

Now lets assume this happened on the day of the Presidential elections, can you in your wildest dreams fathom the consequences? There would be protests everywhere by now and we would be talking about how to save the country from a possible implosion!! We don't always have to be stupidly sentimental!! If you don't understand what the president meant, then its your capacity to comprehend  that is at fault.

Remember, Jonathan is an observer in this just like every Nairalander!! JEGA is the umpire!!
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by aletheia(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mai Suya:

I wonder if it were Buhari that had made the same slip, would you have been this passionate in your defense of him?

Of course not. That is why you are a PDP man. YOUR  WORDS: 'there in no rest for the wicked" AMEN!!!!!  angry

smiley Unlike you BB supporters that see the world in black and white; (see a defence of General Buhari that I put up here)
I realize that politics is much more nuanced.

P.S. I only support good governors (for example, I admire Fashola and detest Tinubu) not parties and I am not a PDP man.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Eziachi: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
efisher:

He may not have put it perfectly but before you crucify the man, think of it this way: If all the elections were to be held today, it would have been a different story. He may have been trying to tell us to look at the brighter side.
As a player, not the umpire how did he know that it is only the NASS election that will have this problems of not only logistics, when CPC are now coming out with facts that their logo were missing in many states ballot papers. Has Jonathan seen the remainder of the ballot papers for the other elections to command such a statement?
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Beaf: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
Eziachi:

As a player, not the umpire how did he know that it is only the NASS election that will have this problems of not only logistics, when CPC are now coming out with facts that their logo were missing in many states ballot papers. Has Jonathan seen the remainder of the ballot papers for the other elections to command such a statement?

Abeg, kill that CPC story!
I've never seen a party that preaches violence from one side of the mouth and plays the sobbing victim with the other. They are not the only party affected, it is across the board.

The statement is even more ridiculous when you consider that the reason for the postponement is shortage of documents due to logistics problems. Why is no other party crying wolf? Are they the only ones whose documents were affected?
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by naijaking1: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jarus:

Other major gaffes by GEJ. He referred to INEC Chairmanship position as 'INEC President' in his CNN interview. He said in Ibadan rally he was contesting for governor. They had to whisper to his ears that he uttered 'governorship' instead of 'presidential' and he quickly joked it off that 'Mr Akala, your position is safe o, I meant presidential election I'm contesting'.

These slips are unpresidential, honestly.

Et tu Jarus?
To stoop so low to characterize the presidency? Are you grasping for straws in your bid to pin something, anything negative on the president?
To start with, election periods are characterized by long periods of campaigning, loss of sleep, and mental/physical fatigue.

Not only in Nigeria, but all over the World where politicians have to go door-door to beg for votes, there's a famous example by President George H. Bush, when he said he, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore were involved in a 3-way s.e.xu-aul affair while answering questions about what he did the previous weekend.

While, this major slip was embarrassing to Bush, everybody understood that the man has been without sleep or rest for the past 3-4 days. So, until, you find something better to criticize the president upon, keep your moderator opinion to yourself.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by iluvnaija: 12:41am On Apr 03, 2011
I tink jonatif is d most gaffs president i have ever seen.

In minna, niger state during his speech, he said one sentence I want nairalanders to correct, after he hailed IBB and abubakar, he said "we have not reach where we want reach" I was shocked and it was all over the news and nobody seem to noticed.

If you doubt this pls go and watch his campaign speech when he was talking about power generation.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Pricepaid(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2011
By the time GEJ wins this election it will dawn on you all that you are all minority that want him to loose it, you condemn him as if you are all perfect, as you would have been better than him if you were there.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Pricepaid(m): 12:59am On Apr 03, 2011
enumerate the past nigerian presidents that have perfectly ruled nigeria and i would want some one to tell me why gej should be nailed to the cross and crucified,who is that human that does not make mistakes in english speaking?i believe gej will not make mistakes in speaking his mother tongue.even among the nairalanders we all make common mistakes so gej should not be an exception.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Midas02(m): 1:03am On Apr 03, 2011
Without any doubt, my vote will go to Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and Tunde Bakare.

If we put aside sentiments and stop peddling unfounded rumours about other candidates - people will see the true nature of GEJ!

For an insightful and deep analysis on all the candidates, please take the time to read this excellent and unbiased article:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-636746.0.html
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by ThinkRait: 1:11am On Apr 03, 2011
I don't think the statement was a slip of tongue.

Most people are not interested in the National Assembly elections. Many Nigerians don't even know the contestants.

The truth is, If this happens during the gubernatorial or presidential elections, Nigerians will not accept it. Most people will start throwing stones at GEJ and his team.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by nateevs(m): 1:45am On Apr 03, 2011
Absolute joker of a President and followers alike. Can I ask alethia to please explain how it is that we are "fortunate" that elections into the Legislative arm of Government ended in a disaster?

The Legislative arm is about the most important arm of government. The only arm of government where every single entity in it has reached office only by elections.

How can anyone with a decent education insist that such slip is immaterial? This statement is not a mistake. It is a clear indication of how Jonathan sees government.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by aletheia(m): 1:51am On Apr 03, 2011
nateevs:

Can I ask alethia to please explain how it is that we are "fortunate" that elections into the Legislative arm of Government ended in a disaster?
Stop being silly:
It is fortunate (lucky) that only the parliamentary elections were so affected.

What is so difficult to understand about this sentence. Or you wanted all the elections to be affected. O, I see: that was your secret hope.

I shall no more comment on this silly thread.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by wesley80(m): 2:35am On Apr 03, 2011
See how easy it is to infect dumb people with foolishness? How can a simple statement made in the context of a country you all silly hypocrites claim to know so much about be drawing this much criticism if not out of pure mischief or perhaps more appropriately; foolishness.
The statement by the mischief making OP was quoted out of context as the concluding part pointed to the fact that 'Nigerians are more passionate about elections into Executive positions'.
I live in Warri and tyres and stuff were already being burnt in some areas as the electorates felt this was all a deliberate attempt to have them disenfranchised judging by past experiences. Now this was in an election people barely knew the contestants! Now imagine if this had happened in the Governorship election or lets say somewhere like Kano during the presidential elections, can you dumbasses pause for one second and think what the story would have been? Sometimes i find it hard to understand Nigerians, How can some ignorant bunch have the effrontery to claim they know so much when they exhibit such obvious unforgiveable levels of ignorance? SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Message For Fasola (photos) / Federal Government Bans Okada (motorcycle Transportation) Across Nigeria / How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.