Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej (2739 Views)

President Buhari Vs Gen Buhari:3 Unfortunate Things That Always Happen Under Him / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari / Twitter User Takes Shot At Ben Bruce, Calls Him "An Unfortunate Man" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Ibime(m): 3:45am On Apr 03, 2011
Your President needs to get a better grasp of the English language.

Based on his grammar construction, it would be understood as signifying that parliamentary elections are relatively unimportant.

However, as you guys are trying to explain, GEJ in his Naija-colloqial is trying to let us understand that it is fortunate that only parliamentary elections are affected ie other elections aren't affected.

It is like me saying:

"Its only Athletia at the door".

Someone with a good grasp of English would read this to mean that I don't see Athletia as a special guest who is worthy of note.

Whilst a bush man will take it to mean that Athletia came to visit by herself and is not in the company of anyone else.

Bottom line, either your President has a selfish view of Government, or he needs to polish up. My first suggestion is that he stops hanging with Patience all the time.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Onlytruth(m): 4:23am On Apr 03, 2011
LOL @ Ibime.

If you set the example by avoiding your own wife, he may copy you. You think say dem de speak English for bed.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by adino(m): 4:32am On Apr 03, 2011
@ efisher, aletheia, GBENGA_bonetalk, Rossikk,
PapaBrowne, Beaf, naijaking1, Pricepaid, ThinkRait and
wesley80

These foo.ls writing trash should be ignored, these are people that have never passed English Language in a GCE or JAMB all thru their life. Most of them just bash GEJ because they feel and stupidly think it is the new trend in Nairaland, after the elections these same peeps will go back to praise singing GEJ.
Opinion in Nairaland means nothing to Nigerian Politicians, since Only 10% of posters are objective on this forum, the other 90% are made up of use/less internet warriors (free browsers), un-registered voters and illusionist internet politicians.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by adino(m): 4:39am On Apr 03, 2011
My people please vote wisely. There is a great influx of voters for Durosinmi etti of the labour party because he was one of the greatest backers of a cowardly Fashola, so Oga Tinubu refused him nomination and gave his wife the senate ticket. Do not forget that Sossan the deputy govenor and Mamora also lost their tickets because of their support for Fashola.
If only I reside in Lagos central, my vote will definitely go to labour party. Please, every eligible voters in the house vote for the LP guy, do not dash Tinubu an undeserved vote.
ACN has chosen to be an autocratic party just like the most feared and notorious PDP. Personally, I will vote for Ganiyu Solomon for senate (ACN), and LP or CPC for House of Rep (Faleke the ACN guy is a Thief), G.E.J for president, Fashola for Governor (I forgive the coward for refusing to decamp to LP Or any other party other than PDP) and LP or CPC for the House of Assembly.
My people, Fashola will either not perform this 2nd term or he will be impeached if he tries to perform, because all the candidates of ACN for L.A.H.A are tinubu stooges and backside lickers. If you truly love Fashola and want him to perform then vote for Durosinmi etti of the labour party for Senate (I wish I were at Lagos central) and Labour Party for all house of Assembly positions. Since all of Fashola supporters that were denied ACN tickets ran to Labour Party for cover only for the cowardly Fashola to rebuke Lp in a public campaign as directed by his gods.
In this election, let us vote for candidates and not political parties since all the parties are just the same, let us join hands together and remove the most feared and notorious PDP and ten disgrace other politicians who think they are godfathers.
In as much as I hate PDP, my vote is on G.E.J since Ribadu is a farce and BB though okay but will lose the election as the G.E.J vision is unstoppable.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Chyz2: 4:44am On Apr 03, 2011
I laugh a t the dunces for their hypocrisy. I guess they are all Mr.Perfects. As long as you can comprehend the meaning behind his utterance then i dont see whats the problem. In fact, it lets us know that he is human.

GOODLUCK FOR FRESH AIR
! cool
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by sammyzacks(m): 5:09am On Apr 03, 2011
Rubbish!

What other better options do you have?

Goodluck is the best cadidate in the race.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2011
When I floated this thread yesternight, little did I envisage dis myriad of responses. I've been shocked by d quality of contributions i've received. Make no mistake. Until the last 1 or 2 months, i'd never read any topic under Politics.
The position of a president is d highest position in our country, and deserves to be occupied by the best person, in terms of education, honesty, modesty, experience and what have u. I wrote somewhere yday that i was sick of making excuses for public office holders. I really do wish him well on April 9, even though i aint going to vote for him (i simply cant afford another 4 yrs of inactivity), but most of the excuses given by his supporters smack of downright idiocy. I was in a forum late friday among my peers, and we agreed the NASS elections could hold d key to our becomin a truly democratic nation, due to checks n balances. If different parties control d legislature n executive, democracy wil be better for it.
And come to think of it, at no time did I call d president any name. I only wish he's more tactful when making public statements. He's d incumbent, so we all need him at his best. At the Lagos state rally, He is reported to have said "Lagos is too important to be left in d hands of rascals". Such statements are inexcusable!
Maybe I expect too much from him, maybe i've set the bar too high. As an auditor with one of d world's Big Four, sometimes I get carried away by the high professional standard required of my profession, so anything less from public office holders is simply unacceptable for me.
In summary, his statement tells me he's got little or no regard for the legislative arm. What would he have said if it was d local govt elections that were affected? Even assuming he meant something entirely different, it still boils down to lack of tact. His office demands the highest level of caution! He should watch what he says n how he says it!
It was d same mistake he made in allowing the (very) unfortunate situation of his wife to degenerate into a national nuisance. They could have had her tutored all through d time he was deputy gov - acting gov - governor - vice pres - acting presi - president. At least 8 yrs to have discovered his wife was unfit to be a "first lady" and tactfully helped her deficiencies. Imagine if she were to have a one-on-one meeting with Michelle Obama! It's all lack of tact. And instead of making excuses for him, i wish we could all see beyond our partisanship and demand he and his team work on this very critical part of governance: public speaking.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2011
^^

according to our president's fans he is a 'simple' man

apparently nigeria is better led by simple minded people whose appeal is their mediocrity
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by karlmax2: 8:04am On Apr 03, 2011
We all saw BUHARI and RIBADU english on their NN24 DEBATE we saw how queens their english was on that debate @ poster u can only deceive low brained and blinded people like yourself!!. We are wiser now we will not vote according to party again as the parties are all the same CPC is been sponsored by abachas family. With nigerians stolen money we all know that ur ward coupist BUhari that can't speak better english than GEJ or even express himself well like GEJ is the abachas house boy.ribadu on the other hand is dining with the person he called a thief.we will vote people that would move us forward not party like an ealier poster wrote I stay in lagos eti osa to be pricise I will vote for fashola even though he is a coward I will neva vote any ACNmember for any state and national house of assemblY.presido is definately GEJ he is the best among the rest. BB fans keep dreaming
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Gbenge77(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2011
The 2006 JOINT TASK FORCE ON FIGHTING CORRUPTION SET UP BY OBASANJO,COMPRISING THE EFCC,ICPC,AND THE CODE OF CONDUCT BUREAU RECOMMENDED THAT ONE'GOODLUCK JONATHAN ' BE TRIED BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT BUREAU.That has been swept under the carpet.Grammatically,he is almost a disgrace.Financial prudence?He is a disaster.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2011
@karl max, 
Nobody is fooling u, unless u want to be fooled. The task of nation buildin demands that nigerians, especially youths, join hands to rise above d sphere of politics and demand better from our leaders. I aint comparing GEJ with other candidates. For me, he is still the president at least till May 29. I'm not one of your normal NL political apologists. I simply made a point in appealing that our dear president improve his public speaking. And at no point did I request that he speaks "queen's english". You should have gone through my posts before commenting, cos it does seem as though u were on auto pilot. You even had d audacity to call me "low-brained"! Must u lower yourself just because u want to defend your candidate?  If I knew my thread would elucide this kind of short-sighted response, I seriously doubt I would have posted it in d first place.
Nothing more to say friend. Pls look elsewhere to air your campaign of calumny.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2011
@karl max,
Nobody is fooling u, unless u want to be fooled. The task of nation buildin demands that nigerians, especially youths, join hands to rise above d sphere of politics and demand better from our leaders. I aint comparing GEJ with other candidates. For me, he is still the president at least till May 29. I'm not one of ur normal NL political apologists. I simply made a point in appealing that our dear president improve his public speaking. And at no point did I request that he speaks "queen's english". You should have gone through my posts before commenting, cos it does seem as though u were on auto pilot. U even dare to call someone "low-brained"! Must u lower yourself just because u want to defend ur candidate? If I knew my thread would elucide this kind of short-sighted response, I seriously doubt I would have posted it in d first place.
Nothing more to say friend. Pls look elsewhere to air ur campaign of calumny.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by wesley80(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2011
@mcgboye
My friend u r yapping. That you work for some inconspicuous big four - crap - endorsing - organization is no excuse to have a pathetic level of comprehensive ability. You lot dont know when to admit the fact that you were failed by a combination of your low reasoning ability and your negative inclined state of mind.
Reading thru your second paragraph, i cant help but laugh at your naivety. You obviously do not know heck about leadership and what makes a good leader do you? where was it you said you worked again?
And pls do yourself a favour, dont even try to play that 'i'm new around here' card, dont even dare.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2011
Wesley,
Another insult. You neednt use insulting words, haba. Pls make ur point, and dont insult other posters. This is what I was trying to avoid. And I will not stoop so low as to call people names.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by karlmax2: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2011
@mcgboye:keep yapping n keep finding english faults of mr president!! Mr ENGLISH lecturer, since mr presidents english is Not good.please go and rewatch the NN24 debate again and come and write how Good the english of those who wants to effect change in nigeria.mchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by wesley80(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^ oh really you mean that hurts? How bout i say i didnt insult you but was only airing my opinion?
You should at least have the decency to admit you misunderstood the president instead of giving excuses and trying to dig in your heels.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by SuperPap: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2011
Insults insults insults. The poster has made a simple point pertaining to the confidence and public speaking skill of a sitting president. His supporters know this is true amd hence resort to insults. GEJ style.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Tadeus(m): 9:23am On Apr 03, 2011
We are prone to mistake cos we are humans
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by mcgboye(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2011
@Karl Max,
Again u got it twisted. I aint complaining about GEJ's english (of course i complain about his wife's). He's a Phd holder, isnt he? My grouse is his choice of words in public arena.
@Wesley, what else can I say? You said u live in the Niger Delta. Well, now i know. Warri guys are habitually d best comedians and "yabbers". So i would be fighting a lost battle if I engage you in war of words, since i'm not schooled in that art and you're obviously very experienced.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Nattlil(m): 9:39am On Apr 03, 2011
Nobody is above mistakes if u think u are then u are a cadaver. All ur efforts here are in vain, they won't chage anything. Most of u here cheated ur ways through sch. Then come here to gain cheap political points gwassh listen to ur stupid bb nah laugh go wan kill u. Fooooooools u should all get ready to commit sucide cause GEJ april 9th unstopable, We need FRESH AIR IN NIGERIA
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by 9ijaMan: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2011
Tadeus:

We are prone to mistake cos we are humans

Yes we are humans and I suppose we are not supposed to be making mistakes 75% of the time when we make comments on issues of National disgrace as witnessed with the issue of the postponed election.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Nattlil(m): 9:40am On Apr 03, 2011
Nobody is above mistakes if u think u are then u are a cadaver. All ur efforts here are in vain, they won't chage anything. Most of u here cheated ur ways through sch. Then come here to gain cheap political points gwassh listen to ur stupid bb nah laugh go wan kill u. Fooooooools u should all get ready to commit sucide cause GEJ april 9th unstopable, We need FRESH AIR IN NIGERIA
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by karlmax2: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2011
Quite from macgboyi. My grouse is his choice of words in public arena!!! At least he is far better that people tha use like lynch and kill in public please go and find something Good to do instead of taking note of the choice of word GEJ use in public very funny
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Tadeus(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2011
Yes we are humans and I suppose we are not supposed to be making mistakes 75% of the time when we make comments on issues of National disgrace as witnessed with the issue of the postponed election.

GEJ is not that worst, why will you rate him like that, ? Im not a politician, but I think the man is doing is best, Although, there are lapses, but GEJ is under pressure, after election, if he emerged as a winner, I think he will perform better.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by 9ijaMan: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^Perhaps you need to visit the thread dedicated to GEJ's countless Gaffes. I hate to start recanting those slip of mouth all over again.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by oluwabamis(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2011
unfortunately, JEG cant reason higher than that. This nation is probably about to be run on luck for another 4 years. My question is how long can we depend on luck?, not for too long I suppose.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Ibime(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2011
LOL @ Ibime.

If you set the example by avoiding your own wife, he may copy you. You think say dem de speak English for bed.

Omo, iron sharpens iron. Show me a mans wife and Ill show you his greatest influence. GEJ thinks like a market tout and he married a market tout.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Gbawe: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2011
This is another sad utterance that exposes the crass opportunism of GEJ and his limited understanding of what it will take to turn Nigerian around. Jonathan , if he is a transformational and visionary  President, will know that his chances of delivering for Nigerians will depend heavily on getting the right calibre of folks into the National assembly and lower house . Just look at what David Mark and co are doing with the PIB (petroleum industry bill) for christ sake !!! They are busy insulting protest groups and calling them "charlatans" merely because these patriotic Nigerians want the expedited passage of one of the most important bills in our history !!!! Even the SWF (sovereign wealth fund) has not recieved legal ratification from the Senate many months after the GEJ Government proposed it !!!!

The national assembly and lower house did not become a haven of self-serving looters and indolent enemies-of-progress without the apathy of Nigerians. Our lawmakers are hideously overpaid yet indolent, corrupt and an impediment to the progress of Nigeria. Nigerians are now , more than previously, aware of the importance of voting in competent individuals as lawmakers . They are determinded to vote out the PDP majority lawmakers who have made progress all but impossible. That was why the turn out on Saturday was impressive.

With Jonathan speaking as he does , we can only conclude he wants the Presidency for the sake of the control it gives him over our treasury and the issuance of contracts and important positions . If not so , why does he relegate the elections of our lawmakers to the background in terms of importance when those men and women will be the ones to determine wether he succeeds or fails ? What , for example , can Jonathan achieve , as  per putting us in more control of our oil endowment , without the passage of the PIB?  

Shame many still do not see what they should despite numerous actions and utterances from GEJ that exposes his cluelessness and lack of sincerity. Any Nigerian President , planning to succeed, will understand how important the free and fair elections of our lawmakers is.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Beaf: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
mcgboye:

@Karl Max,
Again u got it twisted. I aint complaining about GEJ's english (of course i complain about his wife's). He's a Phd holder, isnt he? My grouse is his choice of words in public arena.
@Wesley, what else can I say? You said u live in the Niger Delta. Well, now i know. Warri guys are habitually d best comedians and "yabbers". So i would be fighting a lost battle if I engage you in war of words, since i'm not schooled in that art and you're obviously very experienced.

So you are a bigot as well as being shallow?
You owe everybody from the Niger Delta and Warri an unreserved apology.

It now seems obvious that your bigotry drives your petty sense of "big four" self worth, as well as your views of everyone from the Niger Delta and Warri in particular.
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by 1025: 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2011
Abeg, kill that CPC story!
I've never seen a party that preaches violence from one side of the mouth and plays the sobbing victim with the other. They are not the only party affected, it is across the board.

The statement is even more ridiculous when you consider that the reason for the postponement is shortage of documents due to logistics problems. Why is no other party crying wolf? Are they the only ones whose documents were affected?

@beaf,
u can agree with me that a peaceful pdp govt in nigeria is causing us more lives than most countries in war. look at the number of lives lost through jos and other states riots. look at the number lives lost so far during rallies. look at the number of lives we loose on daily basis via accidents as a result of poor and bad roads. can u mention the funds and live we loose to kidnappers?
sometimes, violence is cheap that peace as some peaceful govts are blood thirsty like our pdp.
what if voilence will bring about the much needed and desereved changes we need as a nation?
do u know that ghana has to waste some lives before they become a new power broker in the continent?
if you know the story of Jonah in the Bible, u will agree will me that as long as this boat(nigeria) has all these jonahs on board, we will go no where.
if you have access to jonathan, tell him nigerians are not against him as a person bot we are against his friendship with all the jonahs in our boat.
only last week, the portuguese prime minister had to resign just for failing to push his budget through. jega has failed in his first test and shld save himself further shame and embarassments by resigning.
jonathan(jega2) had so much confidence in jega1 that he choose him from over 150 million nigerians. nigeria and nigerians now depend on the jegas (1 and 2).
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by BetaThings: 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2011
karl max:

Quite from macgboyi. My grouse is his choice of words in public arena!!! At least he is far better that people tha use like lynch and kill in public please go and find something Good to do instead of taking note of the choice of word GEJ use in public very funny
If you can provide proof that Buhari used the words lynch and kill, I will vote for GEJ
Re: What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej by Beaf: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
1025:

@beaf,
u can agree with me that a peaceful pdp govt in nigeria is causing us more lives than most countries in war. look at the number of lives lost through jos and other states riots. look at the number lives lost so far during rallies. look at the number of lives we loose on daily basis via accidents as a result of poor and bad roads. can u mention the funds and live we loose to kidnappers?
sometimes, violence is cheap that peace as some peaceful govts are blood thirsty like our pdp.
what if voilence will bring about the much needed and desereved changes we need as a nation?
do u know that ghana has to waste some lives before they become a new power broker in the continent?

if you know the story of Jonah in the Bible, u will agree will me that as long as this boat(nigeria) has all these jonahs on board, we will go no where.
if you have access to jonathan, tell him nigerians are not against him as a person bot we are against his friendship with all the jonahs in our boat.
only last week, the portuguese prime minister had to resign just for failing to push his budget through. jega has failed in his first test and shld save himself further shame and embarassments by resigning.
jonathan(jega2) had so much confidence in jega1 that he choose him from over 150 million nigerians. nigeria and nigerians now depend on the jegas (1 and 2).

Anyone preaching violence does not care for their followers, rather they see them as mere tools. Let me put it in stark terms; Buhari has a bunch of almajiri's and other illiterates to perpetrate violence in his so called, "wild-wild North," while GEJ has the army, tanks, planes, anti-bomb squads, police etc. . . Keep on promoting violence, we will soon find out if Buhari wishes to secede with an almajiri army or he simply wishes to spill blood for selfish reasons.

Your position is uncaring beyond comprehension, daft and wicked.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti / Ojukwu Was A Tyrant And A Cunning Man. Nu Akpan - Chief Of Staff Biafra. This Is / Slavery Only In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.