Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,605 members, 7,840,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 (5359 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
tollu,
Great analogy!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
I support Buhari because he is tried and tested, and is proven to be an effective anti- corruption leader
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari jailed all looters in 1984 whilst he tried to recover their loot
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari paid of our Nation's debt in 1984/85
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari rejected IMF loan with unfavourable terms for Nigeria
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
There must be a reason why all the biggest looters in Nigerian history (OBJ and IBB) , are doing all they can to prevent him from being elected (by rigging elections and paying journalist to spread lies to stain his character).
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by chisco: 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
I support the BB ticket because they represent the solution to our greatest problem today, Corruption.

That said, let me state that i have nothing against the incumbent president as a person but his antecedents as a deputy gov, vice president and now as the president has not shown him as being sufficiently prepared for the tasks ahead i.e. His refusal to declare his assets on assumption with the then President late Alh. Umaru Yar'Adua to office, His handling of the Nigeria's withdrawal from FIFA saga, his FEC's decision to build 6 new universities in the geo-political regions as a panacea for the problems in the educational sector, lifting of the ban on some hitherto prohibited products which we could easy produce here and last but not the least his overwhelming attachment to our former president OBJ.

A vote for BB 2011 represents an endorsement of a team with a mind of their own and with a proven ability of getting results without requesting for 12 or more years to achieve this.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari reduced inflation form 39% to 5.5%
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by emekagh(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2011
1.   I support Buhari because he is an old man, supported by clueless youths
2.   I support Buhari because he will probe, and probe, and probe, and forget that Nigeria has other problems
3.   I support Buhari because he will reverse the reform program started by past government and nationalise PHCN, and Nitel, and perhaps MTN
4.   I support Buhari because he is the only man who knows that 'A[b]bacha never stole[/b]'
5.   I support Buhari because he will allocate over 80% of national resources to the 'underdeveloped North', and the rest of the country will share the rest
6.   I support Buhari because he will be smart enough to relegate his southern vote winning sidekick, and unleash his draconian venom on 'infidel south'
7.   I support Buhari because he will suspend the amnesty programme and channel the funds to them Almajiris, and the Boka Haram (as it's their turn to 'chop')
8.   I support Buhari because his solution to the power problem is simple -  pump in more government money to fix the darn thing (end of privatisation)
9.   I support Buhari because he is the most intelligent Nigerian alive; and he is 'THE ONLY MAN' who can solve our problems - he is the MESSIAH
10. I support Buhari because the South is not important in calculations for electoral victory;
11. I support Buhari because he did not campaign in the south; his electoral victory in the south is guaranteed
12. I support Buhari because he has bigger ego issues, hence he can ignore popular BON debate because GEJ ignored the NN24 debate
13. I support Buhari because he unlike GEJ, becoming president once again is his life time goal and desperation.
14. I support Buhari because he is the greatest orator, most eloquent, most articulate, and most charismatic candidate Nigeria can ever boast of
15. I support Buhari because he is loved all over Nigeria - North and South- especially in North Central, South West, South South and South East
16. I support Buhari because after every election, he heads for court, and go into limbo; only to pop up at the next election year.
17. I support Buhari because Sai Buhari is not akin to Boko Haram;
18. I support Buhari because he is going to win the election on Nairaland courtesy of Bakare apologists.
19. I support Buhari because those who don't support him are constantly cursed or called all sort of names - like fools, unpatriotic, etc to intimidate them
20. I support Buhari because his supporters can't find a single thing GEJ has done that merits a credit.

There are many reasons I 'support' Buhari. The above are just a few.  

However, since the reasons I support Buhari are too many, I will vote for GEJ, because I believe in his Power Road Map and his understanding that policy groundworks (aka plans) are necessary for eventually lift-off in any project.

Please don't crucify me for my support for Buhari and my VOTE FOR GEJ.

(I hope this doesn't get deleted AGAIN)
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by sleekymag(m): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
sleekymag:

1. I support Buhari because his campaign is funded chiefly by Mohammed Abacha, won't it be nice letting the Abachas' around Aso Rock once again?
2. I support Buhari because he is an Islamic fanatic,
3. I support Buhari because he used a very cool strategy to robe Tunde Bakare (who had been salivating about politics) in.
4. I support Buhari because his running mate Tunde Bakare has just one church and the membership of his church was not known with evangelising the city to win souls for Jesus Christ, however, with his intention to run with Buhari, the evangelising strategies to win votes for Buhari has awed me, cos he thinks this is more important than his first calling, which is winning souls for Christ.
5. I support Buhari because many others supporting him are ignorant, people living in the past, they think he can bulldoze everything to start working perfectly.
6. I support Buhari because the boko-haram crowd he pulls in the north are happy he promised their youths wives.
7. I support Buhari because he has one of the highest track records of human rights violation in Nigeria, as a result of his first stint as military president. Don't forget Obasanjo was also a military president and couldn't rake in that type of record.
8. I support Buhari because many Nairalanders who support him would exchange him for their dads, he's such a nice man!
9. I support Buhari because he's so smart nobody could robe him into any corruption act during his PTF stint. James Bond, u too much!
10. I support Buhari because him na old man @ 70, Tunde Bakare thinks im fit die for seat, so he fit achieve him ambition to become President, but Buhari say, this pastor no sabi anytin, me i no fit die like Yar'Adua o, i must complete my tenure,  infact i go make u redundant sef,  

With all these, though i'm happy to support him, cos of the ignorant 'feefol' sufforting him. after all why Nigeria go be the 4th fastest developing economy in the world under Jonathan, when he can take us a few steps backwards?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin shocked shocked!!!
I support the BB ticket because they represent the solution to our greatest problem today, Corruption.

I concur, one BB gets in, Corruption would have been totally eradicated, infact no Nigerian will be ever corrupt again. Don't forget he said Sani Abacha never stole Nigeria's money. I know you agree with him, abi no be so? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
He dealt severely with armed robbers and drug dealers
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari is the only living ex- head of state who is lives modestly
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by tollu: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
With all the noise being made and all the dirt being slung one comes to the realization that the elite, the powers that be do NOT want him there and the entreprenueurs wouldn't even touch him with a mile long pole because they are very comfortable with the status quo and feeding fat on the poverty of the masses.

@ Babasoty, you could read his manifesto for all of that if you want. He's not a saint and he's far from perfect but his election means an about turn for this joke called a federation and a step in the right direction. Even if it means Nigerians would learn to form queues again I'm still all for hi.

@ GenBuhari, Thanks.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari is modest and says he thinks that he his own performance does not match those of our 1st set of leaders (Awo ,Zik ,Bello etc)
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by luluosas(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
My anger against the Buhari ticket initially was Shagari government he overthrown in 1983. What brought me to his camp is the appointment of Tunde Bakare as running mate. This singular act wiped off the stigma they always hanged on him (Religious Fanatics). He has proven that, he is not what people says he is.
If you ask the average Christian in the South why they will not vote for Buhari, the answer you will get is that, he is a Muslim, example is my wife. I will try and win her over before the election day.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
When I opened the thread I was unprepared for the response I would receive from people's support for Buhari. It took two full pages of discourse before GEJ supporter woke from their slumber to challenge the discourse. However it was too late.

Other things I have discovered about Buhari:
1. His silence and penchant to allow his integrity speak for him
2. A true democrat: He would not join forces with the pro zoning people. Saying GEJ is free to contest (I am sure that is news to GEJ followers).
3. His respect for religion: And the fact that his coming together with Bakare would lead to religious harmony in Nigeria.
4. His love for peace. With the respect and following he attracts in the north, he would pursue his case in court for 50 months and not incite his followers to voilence.
5. He is not playing politics of money. It is apparent that every kobo given to his campaign by his poor followers are being used judiciously.
6. His love for ordinary Nigerians. Identifying with the Super Eagles in the match against Kenya.

Sai Buhari. Sai mai gaskiya!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
Goodluck Fans, please do no derail this thread, there are several threads where you can fight, this is to highlight the positives in candidates, there is only one thread with positives, all the rests are insults and negatives, so respect this thread and stop attacking and Insulting here. PLEASE
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
Thanks aisha2

@topic
Buhari preserved our currency at an exchange rate > US dollar
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2011
Goodluck Fans, please do no derail this thread, there are several threads where you can fight, this is to highlight the positives in candidates, there is only one thread with positives, all the rests are insults and negatives, so respect this thread and stop attacking and Insulting here. PLEASE

that's why you had to delete my post--- was their any insult or abusive words in it, I just asked pressing questions--- you seem to be a biased person when it comes to post--

there is a similar thread asking why people support GEJ and the op made it clear from the onset that's for only those who support GEJ and their reasons and you got posts of folks saying the opposite and it never dawned on you to use delete them right----

One hell of a mod u are-----
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by seguno2: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
Mine was PTF , the PTF projects were the only sign of governance I have seen in Nigeria in my life. I had always voted for buhari in previous elections but this year I almost changed. At first I thought Goodluck/ Ribadu, then my friend who I was hanging out with on the 1st of october at eagle square went to his car to pick something only for me to hear that he had died in the blast, this was someone who marched with me side by side during the Save Nigeria Group Rally, He was a northerner and moslem but believed strongly that Nigerians should not be held by any cabal, that the constitution was supreme, together we used our money photocopying fliers and distributing during the YarAdua saga even when many pple had not tyaken a stand. When the blast happened I expected decisive action instead I was sick and sad to see the cheap political point our president turned the blast to. That really hurt me, what was worse was when I got insider information that they were aware of the threat but saw it as an opportunity to hang IBB. Anyway, I thought Ribadu was a younger version of buhari but I realised that if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol, so I went back to my first love. BB for me please

aisha2,

sorry about your loss.
however, i think you may want to seriously evaluate the gist from the "insider" vis-a-vis what happened subsequently and the arrests made so far including the court cases thereon.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by seguno2: 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
deleted- double post IT failure.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
seguno2:

aisha2,

sorry about your loss.
however, i think you may want to seriously evaluate the gist from the "insider" vis-a-vis what happened subsequently and the arrests made so far including the court cases thereon.

At that point i was as inside as you can get. I know ad am sure of what am saying and so much more that cannot be said
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
seguno2:

aisha2,

sorry about your loss.

ROFLMAO!!! Yes, the typical Nigerian insider . . . . The " I Know everything that is happening but have no evidence to offer you in support" Nigerian insider!!! grin

To date you have yet to substantiate any of the other ALLEGATIONS you have made . . .  what makes you think we want you to keep talking ?? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy  I am still waiting for the day you even show proof for at least one of the many LIES you have told so far!!! lol

You are one of those people say "IS FULL OF IT"  . . . yes  . . . full of stories but no substance to back any one of them up to date . . . I suggest you start posting more evidence than new claims dude!!! Not everyone likes rumour mongering . . . some of us actually like substance for what we take in and I know YOU, ESPECIALLY YOU are quick with the rumour mongering but slow on the delivery of substance. smiley
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
Buhari left our country with our National  Airline intact
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
John, please go and post in goodlucks space.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by luluosas(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
Aisha2, why do you delete my post? I want the likes of sleekymag to see the obvious reasons of supporting Gen Buhari. You don't have to delete it.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
luluosas:

Aisha2, why do you delete my post? I want the likes of sleekymag to see the obvious reasons of supporting Gen Buhari. You don't have to delete it.  
Every thread is turned into a war, this one is just to dicuss the good in our aspirants and not fights or the negatives, bear with me please, there are other threads for attacks, lets keep this one clean and not derail
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Johns83: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
I would advice anyone on this forum post to know that what you are reading is biased and one sided because other opinions or contrary views are not welcome and get deleted immediately.

Including this post. Expect it to get deleted shortly as well by aisha2. Thanks.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by luluosas(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
Aisha2, please, let this thread www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-636017.0.html#msg8026995 hit home page please.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
Johns83:

I would advice anyone on this forum post to know that what you are reading is biased and one sided because other opinions or contrary views are not welcome and get deleted immediately.

Including this post. Expect it to get deleted shortly as well by aisha2. Thanks.
Let me explain to you, two threads were created, one for Goodluck, one for Buhari to state the reasons their supporters support them, and in both threads, i delete every post thaat contradicts the threads. Let there be one thread where supporters can express themsleves with fights or attacks, is that a bad thing?
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
luluosas:

Aisha2, please, let this thread www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-636017.0.html#msg8026995 hit home page please.
I will try but i dont have the power to send things to the front page
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by MyJoe: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

Let me explain to you, two threads were created, one for Goodluck, one for Buhari to state the reasons their supporters support them, and in both threads, i delete every post thaat contradicts the threads. Let there be one thread where supporters can express themsleves with fights or attacks, is that a bad thing?
You are right about "fights" and "attacks". But if you are saying that people should not node, shake head, wave hand, clear their throats or RESPOND in any other way to things they read as long as such responses are not entirely to your personal liking, that position,  ma'am, is not tenable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. / I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP / Tinubu: Buhari's Cabal Underestimated The Weirdest Kingmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.