Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,973 members, 7,825,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 (5352 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2011
As BB coast to victory in 2 weeks time, one of the things that will help historical documentation is to know what attracted people to support an almost uknown party, the CPC, and led to its victories in the presidential, gubernitorial and legislative poles.

For me it was Tunde Bakare. I had followed his life and ministry since 1998 and had continually been captivated by his teachings. When the report in the media had it that he was supporting Buhari for presidency. I was not sure. But it led me to analyse the Buhari brand without prejudice (something many of the GEJ supporters who will vilify this post are still suffering from) and what I saw what simply sinscillating.

What about you?
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
Mine was PTF , the PTF projects were the only sign of governance I have seen in Nigeria in my life. I had always voted for buhari in previous elections but this year I almost changed. At first I thought Goodluck/ Ribadu, then my friend who I was hanging out with on the 1st of october at eagle square went to his car to pick something only for me to hear that he had died in the blast, this was someone who marched with me side by side during the Save Nigeria Group Rally, He was a northerner and moslem but believed strongly that Nigerians should not be held by any cabal, that the constitution was supreme, together we used our money photocopying fliers and distributing during the YarAdua saga even when many pple had not tyaken a stand. When the blast happened I expected decisive action instead I was sick and sad to see the cheap political point our president turned the blast to. That really hurt me, what was worse was when I got insider information that they were aware of the threat but saw it as an opportunity to hang IBB. Anyway, I thought Ribadu was a younger version of buhari but I realised that if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol, so I went back to my first love. BB for me please
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Kilode1: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2011
The need to rid Nigeria of the menace of PDP, Punish them for their incompetence and slow reform, and also to prevent our Politicians from uniting together in Corruption under a single powerful banner.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by 10cirenoh: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2011
Mine was simple

I looked at those running for the presidency, i looked at those with better chances of winning and then i filtered them by their past performances in any government office, i found none but Buhari who reigned supreme among the lot.

One more thing that helped, no fraud has been linked to him in anyway, those who hate him don't hate him because he stole money, rather he's hated because he's a disciplinarian and does not like cheating.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
aisha2:

Mine was PTF , the PTF projects were the only sign of governance I have seen in Nigeria in my life. I had always voted for buhari in previous elections but this year I almost changed. At first I thought Goodluck/ Ribadu, then my friend who I was hanging out with on the 1st of october at eagle square went to his car to pick something only for me to hear that he had died in the blast, this was someone who marched with me side by side during the Save Nigeria Group Rally, He was a northerner and moslem but believed strongly that Nigerians should not be held by any cabal, that the constitution was supreme, together we used our money photocopying fliers and distributing during the YarAdua saga even when many pple had not tyaken a stand. When the blast happened I expected decisive action instead I was sick and sad to see the cheap political point our president turned the blast to. That really hurt me, what was worse was when I got insider information that they were aware of the threat but saw it as an opportunity to hang IBB. Anyway, I thought Ribadu was a younger version of buhari but I realised that if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol, so I went back to my first love. BB for me please

Do accept my deepest symphaties for your loss. BB victory will be pay back. Keep up the support.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2011
Buhari's track record attracted me to support Buhari/Bakare 2011. As a head of state, as PTF chairman, as a governor and as a minister.

Anywhere this man finds himself, he leaves an indelible mark.

He did all these without enriching himself.

Has got no account or property abroad.

He didnt built a presidential palace for himself like the other former head of states - IBB, OBJ, etc. The man lives in a modest house and lives a spartan lifestyle.

The man will not dying or wine with the know corrupt elements in the system.

He mingles freely with all - the poor, the middle class and the rich.

The man represents the real definition of leadership.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by consize: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
i am solidly behind anything that would herald genuine change in nigeria. Go BB
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by dreams22: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
REASONS I SUPPORT B/B TICKET

1. The urgent need to rescue Nigeria from the claws of PDP corruption.

2. Nigeria needs emergency surgery by uninfected 'doctors'

3. Inability of GEJ to bite the corrupt fingers that fed him for the last decade

4. A new Nigeria for my KIDS
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
The Pastor Tunde Bakare factor marked the turning point for me.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by RichyBlacK(m): 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2011
dreams22:

REASONS I SUPPORT B/B TICKET

1. The urgent need to rescue Nigeria from the claws of PDP corruption.

2. Nigeria needs emergency surgery by uninfected 'doctors'

3. Inability of GEJ to bite the corrupt fingers that fed him for the last decade

4. A new Nigeria for my KIDS

Seconded.

There is no gang in Africa as inherently corrupt as the PDP.

While OBJ was just another goon who misruled Nigeria, he possessed an enviable level of audacity, that his critics admired. However, GEJ has none of that!

Though GEJ may be operating from a better moral code, his obvious lack of what I'll call "directed aggressiveness" guarantees that any fight he mounts against corruption, a fight that needs to be fought aggressively, is doomed to utter failure!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by gee5: 11:50pm On Apr 03, 2011
for Nigeria to make any progress i believe corruption must be eliminated or at worst reduced to the minimum and for all the candidates available its only Buhari based on antecedence not even Ribadu who was doing his masters bidding (OBJ) and now has a new master (asiwaju).
With corruption under control we wont spend 10billion dollars on power and not get substantial output.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by RichyBlacK(m): 11:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
gee5:

for Nigeria to make any progress i believe corruption must be eliminated or at worst reduced to the minimum and for all the candidates available its only Buhari based on antecedence not even Ribadu who was doing his masters bidding (OBJ) and now has a new master (asiwaju).
With corruption under control we wont spend 10billion dollars on power and not get substantial output.

True talk.

The PDP thrives in the corruption most decent Nigerians abhor.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by KDK(m): 12:13am On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

me 2
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 12:15am On Apr 04, 2011
My reason is obvious:

GOOD-PROFILE is better than goodluck!!! BB all ath way
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by OBEHIOYE(m): 12:24am On Apr 04, 2011
His Strength of Character is just too "Iroko-ish"
I really don't care if he does all the developments in the North - which i don't believe anyway- so long as i know he would probe all former thieves, plug all loopholes and his personae would make even the cats and mice in the villa to behave,
That's what Nigeria needs now, b4 Fashola comes in 2015 to build on where he stopped
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by naijaway(m): 12:29am On Apr 04, 2011
It is a situation where there are three wise men(buhari, jonathan, and ribadu) but one of them is the best candidate.
Either buhari or ribadu is more suitable than jonathan because with either of the two in a 4yr span, corruption will be fought hard more than 70% but with jonathan that result might just be 10 or 15 percent.
They all wish well for the nation but i think buhari will take it a step further in cleansing as much as possible the old corrupt people and give naija an independent voice internationally almost free from influence. He can seize finances and  properties of those guilty instead of borrowing. He is the best candidate because he will take it a step further than goodluck in that he would make sure national projects are done because he is very aware that corruption hinders progress. With that quote, i can also say corruption hinders goodluck to the nation and goodluck jonathan himself.
 Buhari is ready to die for Nigeria in the process of genuinely making it better but i can't really say the same of goodluck and as much as i like ribadu i can't say the same of him but ribadu might run and then blow the alarm unlike goodluck whom is not ready to take any of these chances.
 The ball is in Nigeria's court, we can support a genuine process of progress because at the end of the day it is a process(none of these candidates can clear all the evil that exist in the country)  but the trick is that some will perform better than others and also without ffear of others.         With that said, vote wisely.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by reindeer: 1:39am On Apr 04, 2011
His humility.
Fact that he owns no houses abroad.
I saw the impact of PTF in two teaching hospitals in Southwest NIgeria.
Those hospitals are today still largely dependent on PTF buildings, beddings and equipment.
It is amazing the millions of Nigerians using those tertiary institutions that have benefitted from the PTF.
His doggedness and hartred for corruption is another one, this is someone who hated corruption so much that he practically went too far in fighting it.Going as far as ''cargoing'' a known thief back to the country.Some argue this is bad but all i see is a man who hates Nigeria's greatest enemy of progress: corruption.
This is why i believe BB is the best ticket for Nigeria.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by ajoguegbe(m): 2:31am On Apr 04, 2011
I never supported Buhari until Bakare came into the picture.it made me start looking at the positive sides of Buhari I never saw. I respect Bakare any time anyday.He has consistently been intrested in Nigeria since 1993 at the expence of his life.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by reindeer: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2011
Gboliwe:

Arysexy, you literally took the words off my mouth.
I despise Buhari and his desperation but despise Bakare more for his 'cheap shot at popularity'

Arysexy:

Nothing attracts me, I DON'T SUPPORT HIM!!!! He will continue to be a loser just as in 1999, 2003, 2007 and now 2011

You definitely missed the title of the topic.Very intelligent.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by reindeer: 2:54am On Apr 04, 2011
I support Buhari because of PTF impacts, more importantly his fight against corruption.
I also support him cause of his achievements on the economic front while in power, reducing inflation from 23% to 4% in less than 2 years!!
Long live Buhari. Sai Buhari, BB2011
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by sleekman(m): 3:02am On Apr 04, 2011
I think people haven't really stated d reasons y it should be BB.
1. Humility. For a general he is just 2 humble 2 a fault.
2. Courage. He has shown dat he can effectively take on d corrupt establishment in d country.
3. He'll run a cheaper government. GEJs N100b contract = 10 contracts of d same magnitude.
4. His past achievements speaks 4 him. Laid d groundwork & commenced 3 of d 4 refineries in d country.
5. He will install discipline in d country.
6. He has promised true federalism.
7. Promised both state & community police.
8. Promised regional development by creating economic regions 2 foster each regions development.
9. Promised to remove d immunity clause from d constitution
10. 100% sure dat all federal roads will b fixed & smoothly done in his first 4yrs
11. Promised to build more refineries.
12. Promised 2 provide jobs by bringing back Ajaokuta steel to life & building a butimen plant in Osun.
13. Makes reasonable promises dat people believe can be achieved.
14. Promised dat his government will tackle corruption & indiscipline.
15. Promised to immediately improve power supply by replacing faulty distribution equipments & ensuring optimum power generation from currently installed generators.
16. Promised 2 address promptly security across d country
17. We'll be looking @ close 2 a 100% budget execution as compared 2 GEJs 45%.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2011
Reading this thread just reminded me of something, I used to work in Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, that was in 2009 and I remember that on several materials etc in the hospital, PTF logo was present on them. It is noteworthy that even 10yrs after PTF, we were still relying on stuffs provided by Buhari's PTF to save lives.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by appletango: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^

Beautiful story
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Kilode1: 3:49am On Apr 04, 2011
abibio2001:

Reading this thread just reminded me of something, I used to work in Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, that was in 2009 and I remember that on several materials etc in the hospital, PTF logo was present on them. It is noteworthy that even 10yrs after PTF, we were still relying on stuffs provided by Buhari's PTF to save lives.

That is a testament to the legacy of Muhammadu Buhari, a Nigerian like you. It is also an indictment of the Last 12 years of PDP rule. Vote them OUT!! Support Buhari/Bakare.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by 10cirenoh: 4:53am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^^
Are you this jobless? whats all these rubbish for? didn't you read the title of the thread? why is your brain not working
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by samix(m): 5:01am On Apr 04, 2011
10cirenoh:

^^^^
Are you this jobless? whats all these rubbish for? didn't you read the title of the thread? why is your brain not working

he is really jobless and retrogressive as well
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by 10cirenoh: 5:10am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^^

He's a junkie
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by doctorT(m): 5:13am On Apr 04, 2011
I support him simply because of his simplicity, humility and integrity.

BB all the way come April 16th.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Tcrack(m): 5:13am On Apr 04, 2011
The urgent need to get rid of PDD.sometimes i wonder if those calling for another 4 years of PDP  still have the ability to reason rationally
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by 10cirenoh: 5:28am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^

Just like he did in 2003 and 2007 right? may you crashland with your lies before the election period is over.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by mustashfa(m): 5:38am On Apr 04, 2011
i think we shld b sensible when saying things, what shows us in dat picture dat d guy throwing stone is a CPC supporter.

I support him because because i know he is d only one dat can fight corruption among d candidates and has a better chance to win compared to Shekarau and Ribadu
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ hmmm . . . maybe the boy in the picture's blue pata is what made @beaf conclude the boy must be a CPC supporter . . . who knows  . . . ROFLMAO!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salami agrees to retire, Gives Conditions / APGA Is Dead – Sen Okonkwo / Another Bomb Blast In Utako Market Abuja Just Now???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.