Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,561 members, 7,840,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 (5358 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by EvilBrain1(m): 6:06am On Apr 04, 2011
I support Buhari becausw he's the only candidate with a real chance of defeating the PDP. No matter the cost, the PDP has to go. Their cup is full. We can't take any more of their nonsense. They are the cancer that is killing Nigeria. Maybe Buhari is the bitter medicine we need to get cured.

People say Buhari is dictatorial and that he wants to sharialize Nigeria but I don't care as long as he's not PDP. He can't possibly do more damage than the PDP has in the last 4 years. Even if Buhari had red eyes and horns on his head, I'd still vote for him over Goodluck. Jonathan is like a guy that smiles to your face while his friends are burning down your house behind you. Enough is enough!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2011
abibio2001:

Reading this thread just reminded me of something, I used to work in Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, that was in 2009 and I remember that on several materials etc in the hospital, PTF logo was present on them. It is noteworthy that even 10yrs after PTF, we were still relying on stuffs provided by Buhari's PTF to save lives.

Yet some GEJ supporters claim here that all the project Buhari did were in the North

Maybe Lagos State Teaching Hospital is also in the North
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by ektbear: 6:31am On Apr 04, 2011
I don't want Goodluck to do this to Nigeria's youth:
http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif

Vote anyone but GEJ
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by reindeer: 6:38am On Apr 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Yet some GEJ supporters claim here that all the project Buhari did were in the North

Maybe Lagos State Teaching Hospital is also in the North

I graduated from Ife, i am a doctor and i can tell you that PTF is still helping lives in the teaching hospital there.Only someone being economical with the truth will deny that. Please don't respond to any sad person trying to deral this thread. It is obvious this thread is booming and all they are out to do is derail it.Spread the word, let's tell the world why Buhari is the best option when you put ethnic and religious sentiments aside.
Sai Buhari!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Apr 04, 2011
I also went to Ife and I saw the Laboratory equipped by PTF, I saw the school bus, I saw many impact of the PTF in the lives of the average Nigerian

Sai Buhari

PDP just has to be voted out
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Jarus(m): 7:03am On Apr 04, 2011
I don't hate PDP, what I hate is the way it is been run, like a cabal, an assembly of people,99% of whom are bad. After all, Rotimi Amaechi and Danjuma Goje are also PDP politicians but whom I admire. In fact, in my coming article(Rescuing Nigeria: My First 11) I mentioned Rotimi Amaechi, a PDP, as part of the team I believe can deliver Nigeria.

Back to the subject, I like, most Nigerians have always lamented the pitiable state of things in this country. I believe we cannot continue to lament, we must take action. The first option was Goodluck Jonathan. He started very well, appointing someone I trust(Jega) as INEC chair to my surprise. I also admired his humility, but I knew for sure that Nigeria needs more than humility to deliver this country. So against Atiku, IBB and co, I supported GEJ, because GEJ didn't appear to me as someone who will empty our Treasury, and I won't trust Atiku with Treasury.

But while my consideration for GEJ lasted I nursed a number of fears: this guy has got no biceps, you need strong biceps to run Nigeria. Obasanjo was very strong, but he used his strenght negatively. I was afraid the machinery of govt will be easily hijacked from GEJ and we will witness something worse than YRD's era where a cabal ruled or Shagari era where his ministers literally took over and drained the till. These fears were too weighty to ignore. But events that came up later nailed the coffin of my pessimism for GEJ. He later became so desperate that he proved me wrong that he was not a typical PDP politician. How do we explain the bribing of delegates by 7000 dollars on the eve of PDP primary? The delegates were practically quarantined, locked up in a room, their phones collected so that Atiku will not induce them.Yet in the open space, this man wears the face of an innocent man that cannot hurt a fly. I don't trust double-faced personalities. So I ruled out GEJ.

When rumours came in that AC wanted to use I was very ecstatic. I changed my NL signature to Ribadu 2011 etc.I wrote articles in papers endorsing it. I changed my FB profile pic to Ribadu etc. I believe Ribadu will go a long way in tackling corruption. I knew Ribadu will not steal. But a couple of questions bothered my mind: how does Ribadu take care of Tinubu, who is almost not different from PDP men? How realistic is Ribadu's chance?

That was how Buhari came to the equation. Buhari, like Ribadu, also came with an inti-corruption credential, but with Buhari, I don't have any godfather to worry about, he has been there before and will not need to learn to Nuhu, he is more feared by the kleptocratic class, he stands a far more realistic chance of beating PDP, I can bet with my life that he will not steal, so why don't I support him as part of walking my talk all these years of lamentation m

So I threw my weight behind Buhari. As for Bakare, I also find it unthinkable that he will steal or allow people around him to.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 04, 2011
Those of you in the south south, can you please get us pictures of school buses and hospital equipment donated by PTF and post so when pple accuse Buhari of loopsided project we have pictural evidence. A picture is worth a thousand words
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Jarus(m): 7:12am On Apr 04, 2011
Reindeer and DK, pls tell them. It's a pity people stoop so low just to hang this man. One man was even telling me yesterday that Buhari wanted to cancel all Christian public holidays in his reign! Haba! People now just sit down and concoct lies and hang it on the man's neck. That was how somebody went as far as digging out names of Buhari's governors to claim they are rich, all in order to call Buhari a bad name. It's gone that ridiculous.

I'm a great ife too, guys. Great Ife grads are known for standing by the truth!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Pataki: 7:15am On Apr 04, 2011
I support Buhari/Bakare because:

1. Buhari is a man of integrity and sincerity. He never makes a promise he cannot fulfill.

2. Buhari built a refinery which the PDP government has not been able to achieve in 12years.

3. Buhari demonstrates that money is not everything to life. A good name is better than acquired stolen riches.

4. Buhari ensured that during his days as PTF chairman, there was honesty and sincerity. And he never got any monthly salary from his position. Stating that his monthly military pension was more than enough for him.

5. Buhari has contested twice in for Presidential elections under the democratic dispensation and he lost. And on both occasions, he has gone to the court to contest it out. This truly shows how refined and well behaved this man is.

6. Buhari ensured that PTF presence was felt across the nation.

7. Buhari fought against Indiscipline when he was military head of state. So much that in the early 80s, the fear of ''KAI'' (Kick Against Indiscipline) was indeed the beginning of wisdom.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2011
The price of freedom for African Americans; several marches and thousand of lives lost including that of Martin Luther King Jnr, price of freedom in Tunisia; a young mans life, weeks of protests, the price of freedom in Egypt; 18 days several dead and injured; the price of freedom in Nigeria; one vote for two honest men
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Dahbutter(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2011
Corruption is what has killed Naija, resulted in serious poverty turnin many intelligent graduates into cyber criminals and highway robbers while our graduate girls are forced into becoming desparate prostitutes just to make ends meet. only a man who is serious about anticorruption can save this nation and restore the poor unfortunate sons and daughters back to glory. only men with proven antecedants that they cannot be bought by the spoils of office qualify this time. Buhari, Ribadu, etc but NEVER GEJ
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by leonaidas(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2011
I ran a background check on all the major contenders, and buhari came out tops, i also discovered that he was responsible for all the PTF low price edition textbooks i used in school but i was worried about his alleged religious extremism but he chose bakare as his running mate thereby dispeling that claim. then i read an article on NL ''why we didn't vote buhari''. that further convinced me and i haven't looked back since then, sai buhari
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by leonaidas(m): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

The price of freedom for African Americans; several marches and thousand of lives lost including that of Martin Luther King Jnr, price of freedom in Tunisia; a young mans life, weeks of protests, the price of freedom in Egypt; 18 days several dead and injured; the price of freedom in Nigeria; one vote for two honest men
aisha2:

''leonaidas likes this post''
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by naijangel7(f): 8:48am On Apr 04, 2011
doctorT:

I support him simply because of his simplicity, humility and integrity.

I wish Nigerian youths would stop reasoning this way. these are good enough reasons to entrust the future of 150 million people into anyone's hands?
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Dahbutter(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ funny, those seem to be the same resons why many Gej fanatics are equally rooting for him just add the tribal sentiments and deduct integrity. so dont get all worked up
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by scopusng(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2011
Because Buhari is not corrupt.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by SUGURU: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2011
Apart from all the good things credited to Buhari during his tenure as the head of state and as chairman of PTF, he has never been part of any interest group formed to protect the interest of the North. There is no doubt therefore that this man is out to salvage NIGERIA from total collapse.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by johnjoel(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2011
he is a good man thats why
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by juventino: 10:02am On Apr 04, 2011
Please ask Alex Ekweme grin
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 04, 2011
leonaidas:

''leonaidas likes this post''
Thank you jor, Please tell your folks
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Demdem(m): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2011
i am for him is because i see him as no-yes man. he is not answerable to anyone except the Nigerian public. he is indebted to no one, no godfather and man of himself. Other candidates cant boast of this. Very courageous, incorruptible, intelligent, focus and highly discliplined with a very good and achievable vision. tell me what else do i need from a leader.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by EOS(m): 10:36am On Apr 04, 2011
I'm in support of Buhari because he is honest and a straight forward Man, he is totally ready and committed to eliminate/destroy CORRUPTION that has been a menace in Nigeria. This is a Man who was Minister of Petroleum in 1975, NNPC Chairman 1979, Head of State in 1984/85 and PTF Chairman in 1995 to 1999, and yet this gentle Man has no land property in Abuja, no Petroleum station in any part of this Country. Some few individuals against Buhari are corrupt and by all means want Nigeria to continue to be ruled by corrupt elements. TRUTH IS BITTER!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by MyJoe: 10:36am On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:
Mine was PTF , the PTF projects were the only sign of governance I have seen in Nigeria in my life. I had always voted for buhari in previous elections but this year I almost changed. At first I thought Goodluck/ Ribadu, then my friend who I was hanging out with on the 1st of october at eagle square went to his car to pick something only for me to hear that he had died in the blast, this was someone who marched with me side by side during the Save Nigeria Group Rally, He was a northerner and moslem but believed strongly that Nigerians should not be held by any cabal, that the constitution was supreme, together we used our money photocopying fliers and distributing during the YarAdua saga even when many pple had not tyaken a stand. When the blast happened I expected decisive action instead I was sick and sad to see the cheap political point our president turned the blast to. That really hurt me, what was worse was when I got insider information that they were aware of the threat but saw it as an opportunity to hang IBB. Anyway, I thought Ribadu was a younger version of buhari but I realised that if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol, so I went back to my first love. BB for me please

Jarus:

I don't hate PDP, what I hate is the way it is been run, like a cabal, an assembly of people,99% of whom are bad. After all, Rotimi Amaechi and Danjuma Goje are also PDP politicians but whom I admire. In fact, in my coming article(Rescuing Nigeria: My First 11) I mentioned Rotimi Amaechi, a PDP, as part of the team I believe can deliver Nigeria.

Back to the subject, I like, most Nigerians have always lamented the pitiable state of things in this country. I believe we cannot continue to lament, we must take action. The first option was Goodluck Jonathan. He started very well, appointing someone I trust(Jega) as INEC chair to my surprise. I also admired his humility, but I knew for sure that Nigeria needs more than humility to deliver this country. So against Atiku, IBB and co, I supported GEJ, because GEJ didn't appear to me as someone who will empty our Treasury, and I won't trust Atiku with Treasury.

But while my consideration for GEJ lasted I nursed a number of fears: this guy has got no biceps, you need strong biceps to run Nigeria. Obasanjo was very strong, but he used his strenght negatively. I was afraid the machinery of govt will be easily hijacked from GEJ and we will witness something worse than YRD's era where a cabal ruled or Shagari era where his ministers literally took over and drained the till. These fears were too weighty to ignore. But events that came up later nailed the coffin of my pessimism for GEJ. He later became so desperate that he proved me wrong that he was not a typical PDP politician. How do we explain the bribing of delegates by 7000 dollars on the eve of PDP primary? The delegates were practically quarantined, locked up in a room, their phones collected so that Atiku will not induce them.Yet in the open space, this man wears the face of an innocent man that cannot hurt a fly. I don't trust double-faced personalities. So I ruled out GEJ.

When rumours came in that AC wanted to use I was very ecstatic. I changed my NL signature to Ribadu 2011 etc.I wrote articles in papers endorsing it. I changed my FB profile pic to Ribadu etc. I believe Ribadu will go a long way in tackling corruption. I knew Ribadu will not steal. But a couple of questions bothered my mind: how does Ribadu take care of Tinubu, who is almost not different from PDP men? How realistic is Ribadu's chance?

That was how Buhari came to the equation. Buhari, like Ribadu, also came with an inti-corruption credential, but with Buhari, I don't have any godfather to worry about, he has been there before and will not need to learn to Nuhu, he is more feared by the kleptocratic class, he stands a far more realistic chance of beating PDP, I can bet with my life that he will not steal, so why don't I support him as part of walking my talk all these years of lamentation m

So I threw my weight behind Buhari. As for Bakare, I also find it unthinkable that he will steal or allow people around him to.

There are problems with Mr Buhari that these two mini-articles have ignored, but they are beautiful, well thought-out testimonies.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by yemi1969: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2011
His honesty and integrity
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by rasqman: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2011
Cos my genotype is BB!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by chuqudy(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2011
OkĀ  aisha, I love Buhari because he is perfect. He is the only one that can transform this country to a small london. 24 hours electrisity would be assured.

SAI BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2011
chuqudy:

Ok aisha, I love Buhari because he is perfect. He is the only one that can transform this country.

SAI BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
LOL, Thanks for understanding
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by blazing80: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2011
Because of PTF. I remember in my sec school days in Ogbomosho we had benches & tables, boreholes, laboratories and a brand new lilac coloured coaster bus we used to call Asia. All from PTF. Those saying that Buhari only executed projects in the north just have selective amnesia!!!
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Of course their integrity is undoubted.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by seal777(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
BUHARI and BAKARE re not corrupt and they re INCORRUPTIBLE. I also graduated from OAU, PTF bus, PTF laboratory equipment, PTF hall to mention few.

I personally converted all my family members xept my step mum to BB camp.
Even if he has no record,i will vote him.

Great ife's dont support mediocrity. BB al d way.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by Blazing99: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
I never really had support for Buhari untill two years ago. He won my admiration from his great performance during his years of head of state. Though short, people who were matured around that time praise his deeds till date. The achievements of that regime is what makes Tunde Idiagbon indelible in Nigerian history and its termination is what makes IBB infamous as he is today. Nigeria's fundamental problem is corruption, indiscipline and poor morals. The more we try and manage with these ills, the more problems we fall into even in democratic setting as we can see for the past 12 years now. We need strong institutions based on zero-tolerance for these ills so we all can enjoy a good democracy else this democracy would work only for the country's government officials and elites. Because Buhari shares this ideals and would like to incorporate them in this country, I'll beat my chest for him anyday, anytime.

Other reasons for Buhari are:

- His track record serving under PTF, which was incorrupt and saved Nigeria lots of funds
- His clean-standing as one of the only non-corrput Nigerian leaders. As a head of state, he has only one house while local government chairmen have mansions.
- Strenght of character. Doesn't make impuslive decisions like some people I know
- His perserverance: contesting for the third time after loosing to rigged elections (reminds me of Abe Lincoln)
- Humility. Imagine u shaking the hands of someone who insulted you and making him second-in-charge.

Unfortunately, Awolowo never made president. so if there's any head of state I would take as a role model in this country it has to be Buhari followed by Gowon.
Re: What Attracted You To Support Buhari/bakare 2011 by tollu: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
The selection of Tunde Bakare attracted me to Buhari's candidacy and nudged me towards wanting to know more about the man. There have been a million articles saying why he cannot be the man and interestingly enough those reasons made me more resolute.

He ruled with an iron fist, trampled on human rights, he's a fanatic etc. I see it this way:

I have owned a generator for 12 months and that same generator has given me one headache after the other, i keep fueling it, keep calling mechanics to come fix it, keep changing one part or the other but the generator in return emits smoke that kills my pets, prevents plants from growing in my garden therby discouraging neighbours with seedlings that germinate into beautiful flowers from giving me any more seeds, rather the neighbours uproot the grown plants earlier given to me before they die off completly.
With all the destruction that this generator is wrecking in my environment it doesn't even power my house! It makes such horrible noise and powers one electric bulb with the dimmest of lights and stays on for the minutest of minutes.

Please my dear friends do I continue using this accursed generator or should I buy another brand that has been tested and trusted? Though some people say the brand works too hard, doesn't tolerate nonsense from any of it parts -not even the tiniest bolt, does the job it was purchased for, releases minimal noxious fumes, my pets live, my plants grow and by the time its engine wears out I'd have other sources of power to choose from. What am I to do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu When He Saw One Dollar Is Now 402 Naira / Rivers Rerun: Amechi Is A Boy We Brought From Gana- Wike / Soldiers Dare Niger Militants, Attack Asari Dokubo's Residence With Armored Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.