Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,594 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (20775 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Vote Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Azedplus(m): 8:55am On Apr 06, 2011
for all reasons as a rightful thinking nigerian PLUS the fact that NIGERIA need more than LUCK we need CHANGE not STATUS QUO.for god sake gej only want to prove that luck is what you need to succeed and not hardwork.this can be seen from the way he uses our resources to his personal use by buying over peoples conscience with customised biscuit,rice, enterttainment industy the media houses.he cant win an election on his credibility but trying to win via luck,sympathy and opportunity.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by lojik(m): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2011
Jonathan voted four times in 2007:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5681378-146/story.csp

He is accumulating debts for Nigeria with nothing to show for it:
http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/6676-Senators-Oppose-GEJs-3702b-Foreign-Loan-Request.html?print
http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4610:jonathan-seeks-5bn-foreign-loan-&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

He has depleted our foreign reserves for his campaign:
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/47702/1/depleted-reserves-questions-jonathans-spending-hab.html

He has an uncleared history of corruption:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-627690.0.html

He has no clear cut policies and he is the most clueless president we have ever had or heard of.

Whatever happens in the elections, do not vote Jonathan.  Lets consider the future of our children before voting. Another Four years will be a long time to suffer under Jonathan and PDP so vote wisely.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by ajiifixing(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2011
I HAVE ONLY ONE REASON,

[flash=200,200]http://HE BELONGS TO   P    D    P   .[/flash]  shocked shocked shocked

THAT SUMS UP ALL OTHER "CRIMES'(INCOMPETENCE,LIES,CORRUPTION ETC)
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Pataki: 9:17am On Apr 06, 2011
Unresolved and unsolved murder cases from the PDP in the last 12years and over. In fact, I do not think there is a single murder case, the PDP government has been able to resolve!

And yet we have a clueless President who goes around pretending everything is fine.

He does not deserve my vote one bit.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by cjfavour(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2011
first he's a PDP man.a party that have vowed to destroy 9ja.2,he has bn compromised and is being blackmailed by d looters and corrupt.his wife ve sm case to answer.she was caught siphoning money out of d country twice.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 10:07am On Apr 06, 2011
cjfavour:

first he's a PDP man.a party that have vowed to destroy 9ja.2,he has bn compromised and is being blackmailed by d looters and corrupt.his wife ve sm case to answer.she was caught siphoning money out of d country twice.
>80% of CPC members were in PDP. It is the same old brigade my friend.
Look for another reason
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by cjfavour(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2011
OBJ,IBB,ALAMS,IGBINEDION,IBORI, And other thieves he dines with.siemens,harliburton,vaswani brothers and other corrupt cases like NIPP and other cases he's nt prosecuting,policy sommersault,un desiciveness,insecurity,huge money spent to celebrate 50 yrs of under development,d 7 point agenda the reime have not fulfilled anyone,high rate of coruption,decline in education.govt bribery,ore sagamu road and other fg roads,depletion of foreign reserve,National assembly jumbo pay,ogun state house crisis,too much empty promises,etc
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by cjfavour(m): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2011
@ agaba,are you talking about PDP members that fought OBJ 3rd term?what of the corruption cases of patience.don't you think dt d wolves in PDP will b blackmailing GEJ with it?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2011
cjfavour:

@ agaba,are you talking about PDP members that fought OBJ 3rd term?what of the corruption cases of patience.don't you think dt d wolves in PDP will b blackmailing GEJ with it?
Yea I know the likes of Abba Ruma, Achike Udenwa and Buba marwa fought third term only in your imagination
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Pataki: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by chakula: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
@#agabaI23 (m)
Buhari is clueless, do not vote for him. If in doubt, ask me!

Because of Dudes like YOU.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
chakula:

Because of Dudes like YOU.
Yea what happened my friend?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
Someone who believes he can buy votes with bags of rice and biscuit
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Someone who believes he can buy votes with bags of rice and biscuit
Have you heard about Buhari's radio Nigeria interview? I did not see your post there. Would like to see your comment grin
I will be looking for words like retardeen, retardando . . .
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Odunnu: 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
Once again, nothing would make me not vote for GEJ
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
correct babe
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Odunnu: 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
Nwokeoma. Jisike,ana m ahu òlu gí
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
A ga-eme agha nne, obere obere

Agba ego nkiti, O na-awa anya grin
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Odunnu: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yea rite, hombre
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
agabaI23:

Have you heard about Buhari's radio Nigeria interview? I did not see your post there. Would like to see your comment grin
I will be looking for words like retardeen, retardando . . .

Buhari is the man we need I have seen the post.

A honest leader who knows our major problem is corruption
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Buhari is the man we need I have seen the post.

A honest leader who knows our major problem is corruption

I have seen you comment and I can assure you, you are a 'good' politician.
The good thing is that I have something to point to when you call GEJ Ritardeen. May be I should call Buhari Ritardo Ritardeen but I do not insult my elders. I choose to withdraw it. grin

I now understand why Buhari does not like to speak. He has very low IQ that he cannot understand a simple question. May

Dayokanu if you are interviewing him and he gives that kind of answer when you want know why he applied for the job, I am sure the interview will be over.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by membura: 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2011
If i remember 1st October, 2010 Bumb attack at Abuja"I know those that plant this" Goodluck proof his incompetency @ that statement. He can not handle Nigeria (Nija is biger than Goodluck) We need People's Luck to lead us.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by 10cirenoh: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
I can't vote for a MEND spokesman.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Odunnu: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
10cirenoh = honeric01 in reverse. Una no dey tire? Such desperation. Choi!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2011
@agaba123 is that all u can say? that many cpc members r ex pdp? to d extent that u counted dem and said 80%

i tot u were atually about to say something, but uve let urself down.

u sound smart, but i can feel ur wisdom is failing u, its more of replies nd rejoinders now, no doubg u hv seen wat happened in lagos- the real masses came out in droves wit fervour.
i asked u a question yest nd since den uve been laid low , tink about it.
its our vote, its ur vote so pls do as u please, remember ur children, remember ur daughter, a govt that shares food for campaign-surely knows dat food is nt common. is it d public dat rush for food they cnt get that pdp wants to give light

OUR PROBLEM IS NT DEVT OR GROWTH, IT IS CORRUPTION, GEJ HAS NO HOPE OF FIGHTING DAT
OUR PEOPLE DIE IN NIGERIAN HOSPITALS, GEJ FLIES ABROAD FOR CHECK UPS,
OUR CHILDREN SUFFER A LOSS OF CHILDHOOD, WE R STUPIDLY CONSIDERING MAI/TAINING D STATUS QUO,
OUR HERITAGE IS FADING, THE GREEN PASSPORT IS FAST BE OMING A PRISON ID CARD OVER HERE ABROAD,
OUR DAUGHTERS, OUR SONS, THE NLY SURVIVAL IS YAHOO YAHOO OR ARISTOISM,
YET WE DAT ENJOYED GOOD SCHOOLS JOBS AND LIVES UNDER D MILLITARY WE RELATIVELY THOUGHT WERE BRUTAL, ARE SELLING OUR INNOCENT CHILDRENS BIRTHRIGHT TO A PARTY TGAT HAS FAILED, FAILED D REPEAT, FAILED D THIRD TIME AND S STILL.NOT SERIOUS.

ITS IS HEART WRENCHING TO SEE TGE MAN D WORLD FOUGHT FOR, TO ASCEND TO D PRESIDENTS SEAT WEN HIS OWN PARTY RIDICULED HIM, NOW TURN ON HIS PPL, AND LICK THE FEACES OF THIER OPPRESSORS, AND IN BETWEEN MOUTHFULLS, PROMISE US CHANGE

GEJ FIR ALL UR HUMILITY AND KIND HEART, U DIDNT REALISE WE GAVE U CHANGE ALREADY BUT U TURNED BACK AND GAVE IT TO THE SAME DEMONS D WORLD FOUGHT OFF U GET U DERE. THERS IS NO WAY DEY CAN ALLOW U PERFORM. ITS CLEAR FOR D STUPIDEST PERSON TO C

ps there are many pl on NL THAT TALK ND HAVE NOUGHT TO OFFER. PLS BB SUPPORTERS DNT INSULT GEJ. HE IS STILL DERE TILL MAY BUT I WNT TO SHOW U A SIMPLE FORMULA GEJ IS TOO SMART TO KNOW

HEALTH SECTOR SOLUTION
TAKING LAGIS STATE 6,1 million voters. ask dem to pay 500 naira mthly for total complete health care. i bet they wld
6,1m * 500 =3,050,000,000 three billion fifty million monthly for healthcare. govt fundin on health is den diverted to strictly infrastructure. i swear under two mnths americans will come here for trtmnt. can ur pdp nd gej come up wit dis
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 12:07am On Apr 07, 2011
@agaba123 is that all u can say? that many cpc members r ex pdp? to d extent that u counted dem and said 80%

i tot u were atually about to say something, but uve let urself down.

u sound smart, but i can feel ur wisdom is failing u, its more of replies nd rejoinders now, no doubg u hv seen wat happened in lagos- the real masses came out in droves wit fervour.
i asked u a question yest nd since den uve been laid low , tink about it.
its our vote, its ur vote so pls do as u please, remember ur children, remember ur daughter, a govt that shares food for campaign-surely knows dat food is nt common. is it d public dat rush for food they cnt get that pdp wants to give light

OUR PROBLEM IS NT DEVT OR GROWTH, IT IS CORRUPTION, GEJ HAS NO HOPE OF FIGHTING DAT
OUR PEOPLE DIE IN NIGERIAN HOSPITALS, GEJ FLIES ABROAD FOR CHECK UPS,
OUR CHILDREN SUFFER A LOSS OF CHILDHOOD, WE R STUPIDLY CONSIDERING MAI/TAINING D STATUS QUO,
OUR HERITAGE IS FADING, THE GREEN PASSPORT IS FAST BE OMING A PRISON ID CARD OVER HERE ABROAD,
OUR DAUGHTERS, OUR SONS, THE NLY SURVIVAL IS YAHOO YAHOO OR ARISTOISM,
YET WE DAT ENJOYED GOOD SCHOOLS JOBS AND LIVES UNDER D MILLITARY WE RELATIVELY THOUGHT WERE BRUTAL, ARE SELLING OUR INNOCENT CHILDRENS BIRTHRIGHT TO A PARTY TGAT HAS FAILED, FAILED D REPEAT, FAILED D THIRD TIME AND S STILL.NOT SERIOUS.

ITS IS HEART WRENCHING TO SEE TGE MAN D WORLD FOUGHT FOR, TO ASCEND TO D PRESIDENTS SEAT WEN HIS OWN PARTY RIDICULED HIM, NOW TURN ON HIS PPL, AND LICK THE FEACES OF THIER OPPRESSORS, AND IN BETWEEN MOUTHFULLS, PROMISE US CHANGE

GEJ FIR ALL UR HUMILITY AND KIND HEART, U DIDNT REALISE WE GAVE U CHANGE ALREADY BUT U TURNED BACK AND GAVE IT TO THE SAME DEMONS D WORLD FOUGHT OFF U GET U DERE. THERS IS NO WAY DEY CAN ALLOW U PERFORM. ITS CLEAR FOR D STUPIDEST PERSON TO C

ps there are many pl on NL THAT TALK ND HAVE NOUGHT TO OFFER. PLS BB SUPPORTERS DNT INSULT GEJ. HE IS STILL DERE TILL MAY BUT I WNT TO SHOW U A SIMPLE FORMULA GEJ IS TOO SMART TO KNOW

HEALTH SECTOR SOLUTION
TAKING LAGIS STATE 6,1 million voters. ask dem to pay 500 naira mthly for total complete health care. i bet they wld
6,1m * 500 =3,050,000,000 three billion fifty million monthly for healthcare. govt fundin on health is den diverted to strictly infrastructure. i swear under two mnths americans will come here for trtmnt. can ur pdp nd gej come up wit dis
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Apr 07, 2011
Odunnu:

10cirenoh = honeric01 in reverse. Una no dey tire? Such desperation. Choi!

Odunnu = dayokanu on the bed.

Who go first tire?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by jobadmin(m): 4:50am On Apr 07, 2011
i thinks he need ability to make a viable decision and be focus l on what he has upstairs to offer to resolve most of the Nigeria probssssss
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LSU: 5:28am On Apr 07, 2011
The new edition of the best seller excerpts written by AUTHEBURCKLEY, expanded by ABDULMALIK LARRY KRAUS ZUBEIRU is out jus now, it has sold more than 1000000000000000000000000 copies, but for our teeming supporters of good conscience and some urchins (leftists) this copy is free of charge* no tax,

" added 31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE

In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame

?17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the Nort, h. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn.Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?

If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamendalist, conscienceless human beings like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.
It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation. By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by kcjazz(m): 6:07am On Apr 07, 2011
LSU:

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

Ermmm #1 like others, very interesting. When and how did Buhari place Shehu Kangiwa in house arrest since he (Shehu Kangiwa) died in 1981. Abi na dead man house arrest grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shehu_Kangiwa

Maybe you are too much in a hurry tongue
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 7:48am On Apr 07, 2011
@ kcjazz dis gej bois r jst clueless. dey hv NOTHING against BB but cheap hearsay. kangiwa was in his grave wen buhari came to power. buhari imprisoned some politicians did rawlings- a demi god in ghana not execute politicians? R GEJ BOIS LIKE AKALA ND AKPABIO NOT DOING WORSE??
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Pataki: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
I will never vote a man who lies with his teeth all open.

A man who claims he spoke with Yar'Adua whereas, Yar'Adua was in a state of coma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

2019: Kwara Braces For Landmark Elections As Saraki Fights For Political Life / Is This The Best Ever Rendition Of The Nigerian National Anthem? / Full Speech Of President Tinubu At The NEC Inauguration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.