Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor (30523 Views)

Fact-Check: Did The Nigerian Govt Approve AK47 For Katsina Security Outfit? / FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by lalasticlala(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Insecurity: Allow Nigerians Carry Licenced Guns, Ishaku Tells FG

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku has asked the Federal government to allow Nigerians carry licenced guns to defend themselves amid the myriads of security challenges facing the country.

Ishaku stated this on Tuesday when 15 local government chairmen of the state paid him a condolence visit after the burial of one of them who was kidnapped and subsequently killed by gunmen.

He lamented the worsening state of insecurity, adding that the situation has gone to its lowest ebb and demands reawakening.

“The security in this country has gone to the lowest ebb and we have to all wake up. We as leaders have given our advises severally as to the change to the security architecture, you cannot keep doing one thing over and over and expect a different result,” he said.

“If we cannot be able to provide security for our citizens, then allow all the citizens to buy AK-47, because if everybody is licensed with AK-47, I swear nobody will come to your house, or peradventure he does then it depends on who is faster.

“In a situation where we are all gagged with one security system that has been unable to work, and we are told to sit down and be counting the day our turn will come, I do not agree with it.”

Governor Ishaku sympathised with the families of those who lost their lives to insecurity, noting that the late Ardo-Kola LGA chairman, Salihu Dovo held a security meeting with stakeholders of the council before he was killed.

He explained that while the victim was being whisked away by his abductors, he now recognised one of them and even mentioned his name which led to his death.

The governor also disclosed that so far four people have been arrested, asking the security agencies to arrest everyone in connection to the crime.

“At least 20 men went to his house, that’s the information I have, and they were all armed with AK47 rifles, let them fish them out at least for once we should set an example and make correction.

“Try and sensitize your traditional rulers on the fact that any new settler in their communities should be reported for screening of conduct and if sustained we will minimize the casualties within the society.

“Neither you the chairmen nor the chiefs do not have the right to give land and anyone who seeks same should report to the higher authority for scrutiny,” he added.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/03/insecurity-allow-nigerians-carry-licenced-guns-ishaku-tells-fg/

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Righteousness2(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lets be careful oo
There are advantages and Disadvantages to these things.
Given the way the Country is, it's something that should be looked at cautiously.
Personally, I don't think it's a good one.
We have lots of crazy things happening without having guns in our hands

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Barbsamiin: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
The most worst idea.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Riele(f): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lmao
So that I'll go to school with fear in my heart cuz it's a sure thing that a sequel of Florida school shooting will happen in Nigeria.

Just imagine! Take for example, Amaka leaves Chinedu for Tunde who is a Yahoo boy and next thing you know, Chinedu appears in school, shooting me with 24 others cheesy

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by seunmsg(m): 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Not going to work. It will only lead to more deaths and uncontrollable increase in violent crimes. The escalating gun violence in America will be a child’s play compared to what we will experience in Nigeria because of our weak security system.

What we need is a competent, politics and tribal free policing system. Sharing guns to everybody will creste far more problem for the country. The power to inflict maximum violence should be restricted only to the state who must then be monitored to use it responsibly on behalf of the good of the citizens and the protection of the country.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by zealousayo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Everywhere will be bloody ooo.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by magoo10(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Security wise Nigeria has become a failed state under buhari.

Na the zombies wey dey support this government dey shame me pass.

Enjoy your 10kobo 'Change' grin

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by beautyhd: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hmmm

Ak 47 for self defense is good but watch Nigerians use it to settle scores.

I ask you to be my girlfriend you refuse and they blow your brains out.

You hit my car and claim being right and your brains are blown out.

You threaten your tenant for not paying rent he shoots you and claim self defense.

The list goes on and on

We never reach to legalize Ak 47 mbok

Farmers can be licensed to have it to ward off offending herders.

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by dannyspeejay(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
grin you dey find devil oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
This advice is like using sledge hammer to kill a tse-tse fly perching on the scrotum.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Kingrefreshed: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/03/insecurity-allow-nigerians-carry-licenced-guns-ishaku-tells-fg/
Let's use it for just one month only and then the government will take it back again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by bigfish3k: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Divide this shithole instead of turning everywhere to anarchy because of a useless government that cannot protect its citizens against foreign fulanis
terrorists

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by HORLADSTAR(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
In this country,nah nah nah

They never legalize am sef chaos full everywhere what if they do,the country would be turn to a bloody land.
They should have a rethink o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Prodigee: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nah! That shyte ain't gonna work here. Even the great America has gone control problems. The day we start using guns here, will be the beginning of the end.

7 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by jlinkd78(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
A confirmation that Buhari has failed in d area of security

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by AFULA(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
okay
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Rexnegro(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
lol the war go too sweet
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by AroleOduduwa2: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
This one no get sense o. A country full of angry and mentally challenged people

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by IamBravo: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
So we can start killing ourselves

5 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by okerekeikpo: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Very good so i can carry my ak47 that i have been hiding freely

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Osebanjo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
I 'on even need no AK honestly. Pistol don do me.

3 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by lagusboyyy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Even though I'm scared about the increase in crimes in the country. But am not supporting this proposal by the governor.

It will only result in more anarchy and unrest.

Even the civilized United State of America is finding it hard to curtail gun crimes.

Not to talk about here, even small arguments, guns will be shot.

NAH!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Meedon: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nigerian girls are awesome...

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by everglaze01: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ur head dey there

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by degamonn: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
I don't think it's the solution to the security situation in the country. The problem will be solved when there is POLITICAL WILL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by yesloaded: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Pastor Bailed Boko Haram Founder, Yusuf 3 Times: Sultan's NSCIA / Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.