Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor (30602 Views)

Fact-Check: Did The Nigerian Govt Approve AK47 For Katsina Security Outfit? / FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by babatee90(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Barbsamiin:
The most worst idea.
the most worst idea...I’m dead haha
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Righteousness2(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ugo4hotish:

Good will bless you abundantly
AMEN
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by BigDawsNet: 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
AR-15 is okay

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
It wil be very ok.

We all ve knifes and cutlass, but we don't always use it.

I support the governor

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by DSC7: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kwara1stson:
I swear I go blow that vulture carcass seller brain out

Na ur fellow zone Bee ooooo
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by southsouthking(m): 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Legalise it now.
Best idea for the year

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Fernandeswagger(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
It might sound unreasonable at first glance but he has a good point. Trust me if someone knows the person he/she is going to attack could be armed too, the assailant would have a rethink. If guns are made legal in Nigeria, the first few months might be very bloody as people might misuse it. But after the dust settles, the level of crime would definitely reduce because criminals would know they could get killed or injured if they attacked anyone as majority of the populace would be strapped up. Better than being a sitting duck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by juniorstar(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
great idea...imagine everybody inside an 18 sitter bus or luxurious bus carrying AK 47....Let me see the stupid bandit that would stop the bys on the road to kidnap anybody...fire for fire.

3 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by arsenal444(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Barbsamiin:
The most worst idea.
Nor be small tin oo. See suggestion, chailll. we nor get leaders again. this is the Oga kpatakpata of them all.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
A pistol is more likely acceptable! Even an assaulter with an AK cab be neutralized with a pistol
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by DSC7: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
okunwaye:
Why do most people talk with the two side of their mouth.
It in this nairaland that people where saying legalization of arm is needed to curtail insecurities, but now this governor is saying the same thing and they are opposing him. teuh angry angry sad

Lolsss.......

Bn tink say na only me notice am......

Most of those in support then were on TY Danjuma thread....

Aswear na mad wayreys full NL.......

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by sureboykris(m): 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Every talking Nonsense as if they can afford AK.

Responsible guys with funds can have access. Not just anybody. It's not like it's cheap.
We can keep living in fear and still don't want to defend ourselves.
I hate negativity.
Can't we see that the country is unable to secure us anymore

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by juniorstar(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
BrandBrainBox:
How many people can buy AK47 in the country?
if they legalize it...Russians would give discount since we would be buying in bulk.

2 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dat will b nice
Dis means war
War!

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Map1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see blood everywhere if this law is enforced, I see husbands shooting their wives over irrelevant arguments, I see jealous boyfriends murdering the entire family of their girlfriends over rumors of cheating, I see car owners shooting people in trafficking over failure to move when the light turned green, I see students murder their lecturers for failing them, I see staffs shooting their bosses because their salaries got delayed by a day, I see community clashes in almost every state, I see death and blood. This I have seen.
I want to ask if you are a pastor not until I saw your Monica I now realize that you are a prophet ☠️
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by victorix(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
[s]
FalseProphet1:
I see blood everywhere if this law is enforced, I see husbands shooting their wives over irrelevant arguments, I see jealous boyfriends murdering the entire family of their girlfriends over rumors of cheating, I see car owners shooting people in trafficking over failure to move when the light turned green, I see students murder their lecturers for failing them, I see staffs shooting their bosses because their salaries got delayed by a day, I see community clashes in almost every state, I see death and blood. This I have seen.
[/s]
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Dobodobo04: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
People saying it’s a worst idea haven’t lost a loved one to a violent crime yet.

I won’t say everyone but some people should be allowed to license carry firearms.

You never want to die on your knees, begging for your life.

Right now, it’s just too easy for kidnappers. They won’t stop if there are no deterrence.

Deterrence come in two ways; good security operatives or solid self defence.

The governor is lamenting one is absent, so people should engage in the other by any means necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nice. I want war
War!
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Coolbadguy: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Damn...nigga gat balls...love this shit
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by BlestHanneSSG: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Abeg, before dem implement such, they should allow some of us and our loves ones enough time to find another country relocate to.. We won't be part of that-shoot-me-I-shoot-you calamity of a nation!

We that are already grandmasters of doing things to an unimaginable extremes!

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
Riele:
Lmao
So that I'll go to school with fear in my heart cuz it's a sure thing that a sequel of Florida school shooting will happen in Nigeria.

Just imagine! Take for example, Amaka leaves Chinedu for Tunde who is a Yahoo boy and next thing you know, Chinedu appears in achool, shooting me with 24 others cheesy

Who told you that's how it works? Just because people would be given licences doesn't mean every tom, dick and harry would have it. Responsible people with good records would definitely not mishandle it.

Even right now, Amaka the Fulani herdsman, Chinedu the police officer and Tunde the kidnapper are killing defenseless people... So why shouldn't responsible and law abiding people be allowed to carry their own registered licenced gun? At least it is traceable unlike that of killer herdsmen and terrorists that leave no traces when a crime is committed.

2 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by lkillbrokehoes: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2021
Riele:
Lmao
So that I'll go to school with fear in my heart cuz it's a sure thing that a sequel of Florida school shooting will happen in Nigeria.

Just imagine! Take for example, Amaka leaves Chinedu for Tunde who is a Yahoo boy and next thing you know, Chinedu appears in achool, shooting me with 24 others cheesy
Kiddo so you are still here? I thought you left Nairaland forever cheesy
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by lkillbrokehoes: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
xProfx:

Who told you that's how it works? Just because people would be given licences doesn't mean every tom, dick and harry would have it. America has always allowed guns, but theirs is excessive.

Even right now, Amaka the Fulani herdsman, Chinedu the police officer and Tunde the kidnapper are killing defenseless people... So why shouldn't responsible and law abiding people be allowed to carry their own registered licence? At least it is traceable unlike that of killer herdsmen and terrorists that leave no traces when a crime is committed.
The people that will be killed will surpass that of America and cultist will thrive more than before, I think this is a very wrong advice
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Philolawyer(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
I fully agree with the right to bear arms by Nigerians. we live in desperate times and desperate measures need being taken. I have a right to my life and i believe it should be protected at all cost as provided for in section 33 of the unfit constitution and as such, should be licensed to protect my life from shadow walkers, forest invaders and brazen insubordination!!!. Yes to **license to bear arms**
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Angelfrost(m): 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dear governor, don't be unfortunate please.

The only reason for the worsening state of insecurity is because your Buhari has no leadership bone in his body!

Nigeria's consistent failing in nearly every sector shows nothing but a clear leadership vacuum at the top.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
The people that will be killed will surpass that of America and cultist will thrive more than before, I think this is a very wrong advice

The cultists you're talking about, if they need guns they know how to get it, they don't need a licence. You and other innocent citizens are the ones who need a licence to carry one, not criminals. Think bro, think! It's innocent sheepish citizens who are defenseless and the police is not reliable, at least a 2 year old baby knows that.

If everyone to be given a gun licence is subjected to background checks and told to bring a surety, trust me it would still be difficult to get those guns...

Left to me, I'd rather have a gun to protect myself than put my security in the hands of bribe seeking officers who don't care about anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Righteousness2:
Lets be careful oo
There are advantages and Disadvantages to these things.
Given the way the Country is, it's something that should be looked at cautiously.
Personally, I don't think it's a good one.
We have lots of crazy things happening without having guns in our hands

But all the undesirable elements carry guns. Only the innocent citizens are unarmed.
Just days ago, a northern House of Representatives member killed an assailant and injured others who attacked him in his country home.
Yes, they may come back, and he may have to be on the run, but at least he lives to fight again another day.
That the government refuses to allow us arm ourselves is why we suspect complicity and collusion. If this continues much longer, almost all Nigerians will have amassed firearms.

1 Like

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by Princewell2012(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Prodigee:
Nah! That shyte ain't gonna work here. Even the great America has gone control problems. The day we start using guns here, will be the beginning of the end.
At least one useless boy will not ask your woman to lie down and ask you to be blowing them fan. It will also reduced the problem of insecurity to an extent.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by limeta(f): 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku has asked the Federal government to allow Nigerians carry licenced guns to defend themselves amid the myriads of security challenges facing the country.

Thanks to my ibo brothers
Am loaded ,fulanis dont have license to carry Ak47 why should i.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by MayorofLagos(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
grin grin
Why do nigerians like to say "give us", "allow us", "permit us"

Which govt do you know that will allow citizens buy guns?

Go get what you need. Get a loud and brutal one. if govt stand in your way in Abuja blow it away and give me the pleasure of hearing the loudness in Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Nigerians To Buy AK47 For Protection - Ishaku, Taraba Governor by chinedumoooo: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
This man sounds like nutless being.
How can you advise government to do such in this country, where people are enemies to personal progress and achievements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport / IPOB Members Arrested During Clash With Soldiers At Isigate Get Discharged. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.