Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO (20964 Views)

#DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal / Gordon Brown Backs Okonjo-Iweala's WTO-DG Bid. Ngozi Reacts / DG-WTO: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala commences campaign (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 06, 2021
sandymikky:

Let me clarify even further. She's Igbo from Delta State just as Nnamdi Kanu is Igbo from Abia State and Rochas is Igbo from Imo State. Her native Igbo name is Ngozi which means blessing.
So she's proudly Igbo no matter what you say.

You are going overboard and to me such explanation is never necessary at all.

You have to follow the Stupidity of every logic the way it comes and make sure you made the poster so foolish in his/her own argument...

Atleast he/she will later agree that the education obtained was a waste of years and probably time.

2 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

Is she igbo to start Mr know it all? Enuani is their tribe not igbo

Lol...Lol...Lol

The excessive nature of mud houses in Edo state is literally affecting everybody there..I must confess.

please can someone kindly tell me how to reply this logic because I might end up towing same line of foollishness and giving oxygen to this illogicality...

He started from Delta...I put him rightly on difference between government and culture,

I lined him up to ethnicity, he turn to tribe which is sub to ethnicity...

I still hold that education is a compound waste in Nigeria..

No she should come and identify as Edo and answer Edoaiiways or omonoba okpolokpolo whether na kpokokpo..or even answer Izoduwa..

Nonsense and oba of Bini.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by edoairways: 12:17am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Lol...Lol...Lol

The excessive nature of mud houses in Edo state is literally affecting everybody there..I must confess.

please can someone kindly tell me how to reply this logic because I might end up towing same line of foollishness and giving oxygen to this illogicality...

He started from Delta...I put him rightly on difference between government and culture,

No she should come and identify as Edo and answer Edoaiiways or omonoba okpolokpolo whether na kpokokpo..or even answer Izoduwa..

You ended up saying nothing. If you don't have any reasonable thing to say, kindly move to the next comment Mr know it all.

10 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

You ended up saying nothing. If you don't have any reasonable thing to say, kindly move to the next comment Mr know it all.

Who will reply such nonsense without making sure the petty logic is thrown back at you.

So you where even imagining I will come and start useless explanations most people will do to that kind of foolishhhhness, well u met the wrong person...

Crawl back to Edo state with your nonsense..

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by johnmartus(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2021
Anyway we will see what she can offer Africa especially igbo people. Oh sorry she is not an igbo we will see what she can offer Anioma.

1 Like

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by kingsavage: 12:54am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Delta is not an ethnic group but a state.... politically

Igbo is an ethnic group and not a state...

Therefore she is of Igbo extraction in Delta state.
Meleszenawi and juliusmalema you nor day tire to mumu yourself

3 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by timesup234: 2:22am On Feb 06, 2021
Imperialists puppets

1 Like

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by bigfish3k: 2:26am On Feb 06, 2021
Good
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by janedonez(m): 2:30am On Feb 06, 2021
Congratulations Mummy.
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by FIDELITY24(m): 2:34am On Feb 06, 2021
Great move... she's perfect for the job.
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by 9jaRealist: 2:35am On Feb 06, 2021
>
GREAT NEWS!
Good thing Donald Dumb Trump was dumped!

>

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

What is the meaning of Enuani in Bini language?
What is the meaning of Ngozi in Bini language?

cc lzaa

10 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by hush15: 2:42am On Feb 06, 2021
fergie001:
The Office of the United States Trade Representative, in a written statement today, "strongly backed the candidacy of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as Director-General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), clearing the path for the first woman and first African to lead the 26-year-old Organisation.

It will be recalled that earlier today, the South Korea's candidate for the Director-General post of the WTO, Yoo Myung-Hee announced she was withdrawing from the race.

SOURCE

The WTO-DG selection process commenced in July 2020 following the untimely resignation of Brazilian Robert Azevedo, a year before the expiration of his tenure.

Eight candidates had gone through several screening processes culminating in its consideration for the final two pick: Myung-Hee and Okonjo-Iweala.

Okonjo-Iweala had based her campaign on rebuilding trust, hunting for solutions and strengthening the multi-lateral trading system of the WTO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAUUT0l0I8

No fewer than 100 of its 164 member countries backed Nigeria's former Finance Minister.

However, the Trump administration, had favoured Yoo, complicating the decision-making process since the selection of a new leader requires all WTO members to agree.

Reports of the Korean's seeming withdrawal first came up in November 2020 after Trump's election loss, until it was confirmed today.

With the U.S. been the only WTO member blocking Okonjo-Iweala's candidacy having endorsed her, the Chairman of the WTO General Council, David Walker, can announce the resumption of the WTO's suspended October General Council meeting to consider the appointment of a new Director-General. This is expected to happen in a number of days.

NOI, as she is fondly called did respond to the US endorsement, thanking Nigerians, President Buhari and her opponent Yoo.

[url=https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/1357809632820023297?s=19]Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala [url]

Congrats NOI.
As for Biden, he needs to be careful cos I see he he is a softee for women.

Make e no.forget say na woman make this life hard o. Make e remember say an the same woman wey r Kelly use all his career praise na still the same woman bring him down...

Wish them all the best
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by AFONJACOW(m): 2:42am On Feb 06, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Irabor is from Anioma , Delta State, but Ndigbo rejected him
the way Yoruba Christians will reject okporo frog eyes tinubu jagaban of ikoyi mansion come 2023 angry grin grin

5 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 06, 2021
Team Trump tried to sabotage her but Team Biden gave their blessings by endorsing her because she is more than qualified for the job.

Congrats Ma'am

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55958682

2 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by bluefilm: 3:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Wetin Kwansign Me? undecided
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by oloyedewaris(m): 3:05am On Feb 06, 2021
And her tribesmen are against this man
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by StubbornGENIUS: 3:12am On Feb 06, 2021
oloyedewaris:
And her tribesmen are against this man
What tribe is she from again sef ?
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by zionnastra: 3:12am On Feb 06, 2021
This is a good development for Nigeria. The same thing happened when the U.S transferred the American embassy to Jerusalem. Nigerians travelling on pilgrimage to Israel still encounter difficulty moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem to perform major functions of the pilgrimage. This is because the embassy of Nigeria to Israel is still in Tel Aviv. We pray Okonjo will do something with her current international status to ease the pain of Nigerians abroad – oboi , e no easy, if you travel out, you go know.…. If Nigeria will move its embassy to Jerusalem, the Nigerians in such functions would have less stress because most of the roles would be done in Jerusalem as the seat of the Nigerian embassy, where they often visit during their trip. To ease stress for Nigerians, it is necessary that Okonjo Iweala should seriously support Nigerians abroad, like Abike is doing with her position. She should work with the Nigerian government in order to move the Nigerian embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Most Nigerians who travel to the Holy Land confess that they pray more for the country under less stress or no stress. Once more, congratulations to Nigeria and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala in particular!

1 Share

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by OfoIgbo: 3:13am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

She is from Delta state however she has ties with the igbos.

Her ancestors were from NRI, and they migrated to Delta state. That makes her a hardcore Igbo from Delta state, and also married to an Abia man.

Ogwashiukwu Amaka
Igbo Amaka

7 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by oluwasegun007(m): 3:17am On Feb 06, 2021
Like they have a choice...congratulations

1 Like

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by NwaAro: 3:19am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

She is from Delta state however she has ties with the igbos.

Not having ties she's Igbo, proudly and unapologetically one for that matter. Enuani isn't an ethnic group but a cultural nomenclature for the Aniocha/Oshimili people, and they have never denied their Igboness. So your insidious narrative is dead on arrival.

12 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

All these demented semen that mixed with urine.

7 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Lol...Lol...Lol

Are you sure the guy nah Edo,
Are you sure he is not a fallen demon

5 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by OfoIgbo: 3:25am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

Enuani is an Igbo expression, so that still makes them a subset of the greater Igbo nation, just like an UmuNri man is also a subset of the Igbo nation

3 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by vioment: 3:28am On Feb 06, 2021
Good news but how can Nigeria benefit from this post and the other high post of Nigerians in the states.

Outside of borrowing, there is no way to help in a substantial way.

No light to even hold vaccines in the right temperature; No light to compete in manufacturing now that America and others are trying to sideline China.

So this is good for the madam's resume and life, but make all these Nigerian leaders no go syke her to make mistake or sow doubt.

Good luck to madam Ngozi iwela.
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by NwaAro: 3:33am On Feb 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Enuani is an Igbo expression, so that still makes them a subset of the greater Igbo nation, just like an UmuNri man is also a subset of the Igbo nation
The idiot is Edo and I'm not surprised. I'm beginning to notice a very dangerous trend among these Edo people and it's time the Enuani nation wake up to their expansionist agenda. I don't know when and how an Edo person from a minority state all the way in Edo State suddenly became the spokesperson and decision maker as to who is Igbo or not in Delta state... wetin concern Ngozi with Osaze? they can pull the wool of deceit over the eyes of the Ika people who kiss their arse, but that Benin nonsense won't fly on any inch of Enuani territory. I have challenged their diabolical e-rats on many occasions to present ONE evidence of Igbo denial in any part of Enuani and they couldn't... but we dey watch them, I'm glad our people are awake and ready to deal with their madness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by MsAllison(f): 3:34am On Feb 06, 2021
Guestlander:
Igbos did not support her......shame.
but Tinubu's urchins are in cifia pain

7 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 06, 2021
just waiting on those haters of Biden to come out and speak of how much they knew Biden would stand for them since Maazi trump did not support her despite the over 8 billion topics they created all through last year
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by opalu: 3:39am On Feb 06, 2021
Wow
Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by favour32(m): 3:44am On Feb 06, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Is Okonjo Iweala also from Benin like General Irabor ?
General Irabor is not from Benin.

4 Likes

Re: DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO by Honor10: 3:48am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

We have heard you, Yoruba man.

Write something else or face the topic.

How old are you?

Roughly below 20 I guess?

U are the one below 10, bring your evidence that he is a Yoruba man, u better start being useful to your family, instead of being a tribalist. Get sense please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Primary: How Presidential Aspirants Banked On ‘Phantom’ Endorsement / Again, Court Sends EFCC Boss To Kuje Prison For Contempt / Tinubu Battles Intrigue As Masari, El-rufai, Bagudu Jostle For SGF Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.