Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis (25210 Views)

Amaechi: My Presidential Aspiration Not A Personal Ambition + Why I'm Contesting / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by nairavsdollars(f): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi on Sunday said his position as Transport Minister won’t allow him to speak on the farmers-herders crisis in the country.

It will be recalled that a former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has berated Amaechi and other APC leaders for being indifferent over the Fulanis’ travails in the South-western region of Nigeria, despite supporting President Muhammadu Buhari to win the presidency in 2015.

Lamido said that Buhari came to power with the support of Tinubu and other politicians in the south and noted that those who supported him had failed to protect his people when they were in difficult situations.

But speaking in an interview on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, Amaechi said while he wasn’t afraid to speak on any matter, his duty as a Minister of Transport has placed a limit on him as he can only make comments on the transportation sector.

“I had a private chat with Sule Lamido and I told him that there is virtually nothing new in Nigeria that I have not spoken about. I have spoken literarily on everything and I think it is his agemates that are discussing this issue. Let them speak while we the younger ones watch our elders and follow them and listen to what they say”.

“When I was governor, I had a general location in making conversation but as a Minister, I’m reduced to focusing on transportation and delivering on transportation. If Sule Lamido calls me out on transportation, I will be glad to take him up on that”.
https://www.independent.ng/my-position-as-minister-wont-allow-me-comment-on-herdsmen-crisis-amaechi/

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by mayklef(m): 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
just tell us, u have Sacrifice your conscience to the Devil himself....n by so doing the plight of the common man means absolutely nothing to u werey!!

189 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Shelumiel: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
You never had anything to offer, so how can you say anything in the first place...

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by bolaayenimo: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Comment = sack letter+EFCC

238 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
Imagine!

Amechi, I hope your position as a minister would also allow you to comment when you lose someone somehow close to you?

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by viyon02: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
Indirectly saying he can't compromise his position for his people. My people that is just the mind set of every politicians in this country, evil men with evil minds.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by sweetonugbu: 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
Emela this one ta kpuchie onu

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Racoon(m): 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
So says man that that says "I dont like money" You dont want to speak out against injustice now because you want sound politically correct.

Seems Amaechi has forgotten that he will never be in government forever.Dont worry you hear.It will go round-Bubu's killer brothers will touch your own one day.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by CodeTemplar: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
Ameachi na dull man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nigeriabiafra82: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Blankstare(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
If only the bandits can kidnapp one of his children, he will certainly forget political correctness and speak up

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by butterfly777(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
Then resign

With that, you make a huge statement about yourself and the government.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by saheedbadmus(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
The only thing I have to say is that Iya mbe fun gbogbo eyin arije ninu madaru asaju (leaders ).. you people only care about your self family and pocket.. u all care less about the masses being killed day by day by these so called herdsmen

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
viyon02:
Indirectly saying he can't compromise his position for his people. My people that is just the mind set of every politicians in this country, evil men with evil minds.

He is part of the Government so cannot criticize it openly. That would be tantamount to undermining the Government he works for. If he wants to do that then he has to resign.

What we ask members of the government to do in Nigeria is not done anywhere in the world. In any case most politicians are not more evil than ordinary Nigerians even if ordinary Nigerians like to think this is the case.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by omowolewa: 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2021
Self interest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
butterfly777:
Then resign

With that, you make a huge statement about yourself and the government.

This is the most critically intelligent response so far. Amaechi and others who want to criticize the Government have to first remove themselves from same government by resigning.

It is not tenable to openly and publicly undermine a government you are part of. It is not done. Resign and then be free to take a stand against the government.

Do you guys expect a lecturer to be criticizing and attacking his university from the lecture podium daily?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Iamgrey5(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
OneTemplate:

He is part of the Government so cannot criticize it openly. That would be tantamount to undermining the Government he works for. If he wants to do that then he has to resign.

What we ask members of the government to do in Nigeria is not done anywhere in the world. In any case most politicians are not more evil than ordinary Nigerians even if ordinary Nigerians like to think this is the case.
Eyah this should also be applicable to Osibanjo most of you always hate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
Racoon:
So says man that that says "I dont like money" You dont want to speak out against injustice now but forget that you will be in government forever.Dont worry you hear.It will go round-Bubu's killer brothers will touch your own one day.

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Eyah this should also be applicable to Osibanjo most of you always hate

I am a fan of the VP so I don't know where you get your opinion from. Certainly not from any post of mine.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
2023 IS AROUND THE CORNER, PLS LET YOUR TONGUE REMAIN TIED TILL THEN AND BEYOND

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obi4eze(m): 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
angry
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by dollytino4real(f): 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
so dat dey don't send u out like peterside abi?
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by 3gpvids: 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
My gov before chai! chai!

sha i still like you pass wike

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by thatigboman: 12:16am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

didnt u see govt officials disagree in public with trump. Highest he would sack them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by obailala(m): 12:25am On Feb 08, 2021
OneTemplate:

Why are some of you so unreasonable? It is like many of you have never had a responsible job or position in your life. How can you be in a government and be openly rebellious against it?

Can you be critical of your boss and his company daily and still be drawing salary from him monthly?

I see a lot of Nigerians making this demand on the likes of Osinbajo, Amaechi etal without them realizing they are just being as lawless as the rest of our society.

Anyone who remains part of the PMB government cannot attack it. They must resign first to be able to do that.
This is common sense! but you cant exactly expect sound reasoning from people who are angry, or have been blinded by hatred.

There are thousands of other notable persons who are better placed to speak freely about the current crisis in Nigeria; the only people losing sleep over Amaechi not talking are his sworn enemies who are simply desperate to see him mauled.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by sotall(m): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2021
kiss
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Thermodynamics(m): 12:38am On Feb 08, 2021
Who your comment help?
you selfish Human, you are ready to sell your own people to your Northern masters just so you can ear at their table. Bloody self-centred thief.
Coward.

You are one of the problem of Africa.
You are one of the problems of Nigeria
The reason why the black race is struggling to move forward is because they have people like you littered in government all across Africa, leaching of the continent, making money at the expense of people's suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by kenfarm(m): 12:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Wait till what goes around comes around then u will make comments by force
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by fokudas: 12:39am On Feb 08, 2021
I just hope you don't wait for too long to comment otherwise it could be too late. Just pray the evil of herdsmen doesn't affect any of your blood relations.
Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by Kwamecron(m): 12:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Coward

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by gfon(m): 12:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Okay...but you can comment on 2021 prado jeep

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: My Position As Minister Won’t Allow Me Make Comment On Herdsmen Crisis by jojofola: 12:44am On Feb 08, 2021
The clown from Rivers.
Always catching cruise on political and societal matters.
Like Wike, Like Amaechi.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aso Villa Chapel Bids Jonathan And Wife Farewell In A Grand Style / PDP, APC Youths Clash At Benin Airport Over Motion To Impeach Buhari / Bashir El-Rufai: "Shehu Sani Is A Bastard Pulling Nigeria Backwards"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.