Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! (2164 Views)

Only A Foolish Girl Will Stay With A Man Who Cheats / 11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl / What's Your Definition Of A Good Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
The advice above is for a certain someone i know too well and i hope she reads this. This babe is d sweetest, prettiest, gudnatured girl av eva seen and i've known her a looong time.
Unfortunately, i don't think she knows dat too much sweetness wil run her down in this world. She's intelligent and articulate; evrybody talks of how respectful she is. Bak in uni, she was a bookworm. Her 1st boyfrnd ws at 21.  embarassed
Now to the bad part. Her 1st boyfrnd wud take her on marathon walks on campus without even offering her water yet dis chick was nt even fazd. Their very first valentine 2geda, a guy who confided in me dat he had been watchin her and rily liked her invited her out 4 a date. But she declined, telling him 'i'm hooked'.
I stil remember her shining face as she told me dat evnin; 'tae, am so excited, my 1st val and its with some1 i lov'. Her boyfrnd howeva disappeard into thin air thru out val and was MIA for 3 days. No text, notin. D guy ws stingy 2 d core. He lata turned up, apologetic and attempted 2 pluck her a flower near his house for valentine.
TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
so far you've listed two men who are involved with her.

are you sure this is the right thread title.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
obviously she needs to dump the boyfriend.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
He was apologetic and baby girl forgave him. I watched as she was hurt ova and ova. He wouldnt cal and wen she did, he wud sound like she ws a disturbance. She wouldnt learn. If a nice guy comes to ask her out, dat ws wen nmba 1(her 1st boyfrnd) wud pick up signals lyk d frog he is and becom attentiv to her. She wud den stay back with him.
Bt eventually, even she(madam angel) had enuf and she left.
In comes boyfriend nmba 2.
Nmba 2 was very intelligent and a radical. madam angel spent long hours talking 2 him, hearing his theories and learning new things; cooking for him and his friends. Nmba 2 wsnt stingy, he however had light pockets. As usual, madam angel wasnt fazd. 'my baby's not rich bt he has prospects', she would tel me. And even i cudnt fault d relationship. Dey became the envy of evrybody, cuddling and always whispering like thieves. They were inseperable.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
@poster
- if she has no problem with dating a "financially strained", why do YOU care so much?
- why would you think that she should spend Val with someone other than her BF? The fact that he disappeared is irrelevant.

Let her live her own life and make her own choices (even if BF is not perfect), SHE is truly happy and that's what should matter to you(friend). So give her your advice and let her make her own decisions.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2011
mr brown jay-d whole story isnt finishd yet, pls hear me out?
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^i am all hears. . . .
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
Ears
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
Even i (cynic dat i was) was blown away. Byfrnd numba 2 seemed like the real deal. They were nt having se.x, yet they were so close. It was unbelievabl dt they were not intimate, i wondered how she was kipin him lockd down. I was jealous of them, their long walks hand in hand and how they always talked about the future. I began 2 emulate her, mayb as a gud girl, i wud also find my knight.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by naijacutee(f): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2011
Interesting story. . . I have a feeling it will end well :-)
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Mcleo007(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
Funny post!
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2011
. . . . . . . Waiting. . . . . . Patiently waiting for the bomb to drop.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
Even though nmba 2 was always attached 2 her lyk a leech, dat didnt deter toasters. I noticed her turn man after man down. Bankers. Oil guys. Dose guys seemed like they wantd 2 wife her.
R u sure about dis? I asked. You kno 'nmba 2' isn't financially capable 2 settle down just yet. He only has his ideas and what is that worth in this country?
Madam angel's answer astounded me. 'tae, she said, I hav 2 b content wit wot my man has. Wil i leav just becaus a richer guy is askin me out? D devil u know is better dan the angel u dnt kno'. I cant kip jumpin evrytym a richer man calls'.
Atleast, give dose toasters a chance, i advisd.
'tae, i know wot dose men want and I cant double date', she answered with a tone of finality.
I wonderd if she was sane, i wondered what was so special about nmba 2.
bt in d end, i respectd her for stance.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by HighChief4(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
@OP Has the story ended now?
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^ nah, the bomb hasn't dropped yet but its getting there, any minute now!
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by LordReed(m): 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
If this was a movie or novel I'd be so asleep!
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
A few obvious things

1. Lashontae is no american
2. Lashontae is probably male
3. This is another cock and bull thread trying to create unnecessary fear in someone.

1 Like

Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
i watched (somewhat enviously) as they got deeper into the relationship. It was hard not to get jealous; they had chemistry, they had friendship. They seemed to hav evrytin. Evrybody was sure they were walkin 2 d alter. His friends told him; she was a keeper, a wifey. I told her he was 'ok'. They talked kids, they talked house. What had started be4 my eyes became deeply serious.
However
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 11:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
nmba 2 woke up and decided he wasnt worthy of a girl like madam angel. 'I nid 2 find myself', he pleaded as she burst into tears.
'Tae, what did i do wrong', she askd me as she wept on my shoulders later on.
Nothing, i answerd. It took all i had in me not 2 tell her she shudnt av been al 'miss goody 2 shoes' wit him. No man deservs dat! It only got her to jiltsville!
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
What sort of a play is this?
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2011
methinks if she hadnt been so focusd on being a perfect, good, little girlfriend. If she hadnt been so bent on loyalty 2 a guy who wasnt even deserving, the story might b different. I mean, why would a girl stay loyal 2 a man who wudnt stay loyal 2 d promises he'd made her.
Nmba 2 probably got bored shi.tless out of his brains wit her gud little ways.
Anyway, we'l move on 2 nmba 3.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yes, lets.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
madam angel, u nid 2 move on, i told her. Dnt waste any mor tym flogging a dead horse. Move on, finding happiness is the ultimate revenge against d one that hurt you.
A couple of weeks later, jst to overcome d sadness of d whole situation, she acceptd a date with a young, suave young man. Well spoken, well mannered; he seemed smitten with her.

1 Like

Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
She told me she wasnt rily ready for another relationship. But she wasnt going to allow nmba 2 ruin her from having a loving, trusting relationship. She wasnt going 2 run away from men just because number 2 hurt her. So gradually, she opened a portion of her heart 2 nmber3, even though it was still largely occupied by nmba2.
This turned out 2 b her undoing!
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 12:07am On Apr 07, 2011
D relationship was later 2 become a long distance one but madam angel didnt feel it. Nmba3 showered her with calls and attention. Jst a few months into d relationship, nmba3 invited her 2 meet his parents.
It was abit too early for dat, bt we reckoned d trip wud also help her get to kno nmba3 beta.
'I want to kip it real', she informed me as we sorted through her closet 2 pick clothes for the trip. I dont want to take just natives, as if i dont wear jeans. After all, d day nmba3 met me, i wasnt wearing native' (dats my frnd, always tryin 2 b plain).
I agreed wit her and she eventually travelled down 2 meet them.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Jackieugo(f): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2011
*raises an eyebrow*
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Apr 07, 2011
Were you monitoring her life or were you siamese twins?
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 12:37am On Apr 07, 2011
So according 2 what madam angel told me, she rily had d niciest time. His family fell in love wit her big time. And during the trip she became alot closer 2 nmba3. She however ws uncomfortabl dat nmba3 wud pounce on her al d tym, demanding for se.x. Midmorning, aftanun, night, midnight, dawn-nmba3 always was askin 2 sleep wit her. She had told him from d 1st day she didnt want a sexual relationship. He had agreed but now,she was virtually sleep deprivd, because with the way his hormones were raging, she was scared he would forcefully put 'd tin' inside her if she dares sleep deeply.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:44am On Apr 07, 2011
Dayokanu,

You are here again and again,
anyway bawo ni things.

@Poster

My eyes are opened.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 1:06am On Apr 07, 2011
'tae, am tired. she lamentd on d fone. I only get to sleep wen he's at work. He's always jumping al over me, gettin on top of me, asking dat i shud atleast let him 'put in d tip'. I tink il leav his house. I cnt take it anymor.
Look, ur nt sixteen, i admonishd. Uv got 2 do it somtym and he seems lyk he's serious wit u. I actually tink its romantic dat he cant kip his hands off u, i replied.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by lashontae(f): 1:06am On Apr 07, 2011
'tae, am tired. she lamentd on d fone. I only get to sleep wen he's at work. He's always jumping al over me, gettin on top of me, asking dat i shud atleast let him 'put in d tip'. I tink il leav his house. I cnt take it anymor.
Look, ur nt sixteen, i admonishd. Uv got 2 do it somtym and he seems lyk he's serious wit u. I actually tink its romantic dat he cant kip his hands off u, i replied.
Re: Being A Good Girl Will Not Get You A Man! by Jackieugo(f): 1:23am On Apr 07, 2011
Na wa o. I just saw this story started 4 hours ago. When does it end  cheesy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Contact Your Ex-boyfriend? / One Of Us Is Osu, My Family Say We Can't Get Married. / A Lonely Heart In Need Of Mature Male Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.