Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (967109 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kellykelly: 1:31pm On May 11, 2013
Am using deep litter for now. Upon improved production, I plan to take sales proceeds to buy battery cages.

Farm size I'd approx 5 plots - just in line with the standard of 3 birds/sq m.
Pen-house is divided into 4 rooms of 50m x 20m each, each housing 1,000 birds.

The birds are 22 weeks old and are currently on growers mash.

I fed them heavily from 0- 3mths but have reduced it to 0.05kg/bird/day instead of 0.11/bird/day.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by toskilo: 5:32pm On May 12, 2013
Hi, guess reduction in feed given them is one of the reasons why increase in production is low. First and foremost, you need to feed them adequately. Some people recommend 200 birds to 25kg bag of feed, others recommend 240 to a bag. There are some multivitamins that help them achieve peak production too. Invite your vet dr for further advice. All the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MarcoP: 7:36pm On May 12, 2013
kellykelly: Am using deep litter for now. Upon improved production, I plan to take sales proceeds to buy battery cages.

I fed them heavily from 0- 3mths but have reduced it to 0.05kg/bird/day instead of 0.11/bird/day.

Why do you have to reduce their feed? At 22 wks they should be on nothing less than 95g to 100g/day per pullet.
I think you should consult your Vet to avoid any problem.

When you say each room in your pen is 50m by 20m, that translate to 160ft by 64ft. Right? Or do you mean 50ft by 20ft?
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 11:02pm On May 12, 2013
Weldone house. I ve been following dis thread since it started n I want to start my own.

Which one is adviceable, to buy DOC or POL

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AK123(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2013
kellykelly: Am using deep litter for now. Upon improved production, I plan to take sales proceeds to buy battery cages.

I fed them heavily from 0- 3mths but have reduced it to 0.05kg/bird/day instead of 0.11/bird/day

Growers @22 weeks?call \confirm from from your vet guy .are you compunding or buying packaged feeds?don't be scared check the feed

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 5:43pm On May 19, 2013
pls house, can anyone help with layer feed formula
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RURIE: 10:14am On May 20, 2013
@miqoso2

FEEDS FORMULA FOR LAYER BIRDS(GROWER)

Wheat offer 20%
Maize 10%
Wheat flour 15%
Wheat seed 15%
GNC 20%
Bone meal 2%
Oxyster shell 10%
PKC 0.5%
Grower premix 3%
Methomine 1%
Lysine 0.5%
Salt 3%

Please note that I am not a Nutritionist, I think the above will be helpful for starters and any Nutritionist in the house can assist.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2013
RURIE: @miqoso2

FEEDS FORMULA FOR LAYER BIRDS(GROWER)

Wheat offer 20%
Maize 10%
Wheat flour 15%
Wheat seed 15%
GNC 20%
Bone meal 2%
Oxyster shell 10%
PKC 0.5%
Grower premix 3%
Methomine 1%
Lysine 0.5%
Salt 3%

Please note that I am not a Nutritionist, I think the above will be helpful for starters and any Nutritionist in the house can assist.
thank you, you gave me formula for grower how about layers mash
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omobusola(f): 2:14pm On May 21, 2013
@fnk pls send me a copy of the document my email is omolaramatanmi@yahoo.com. thanks alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omobusola(f): 2:18pm On May 21, 2013
yes o, i also need d advise, as a starter in the business which one should be bought first, day old chicks or point of lay?
jamp: Weldone house. I ve been following dis thread since it started n I want to start my own.

Which one is adviceable, to buy DOC or POL

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2013
a farm in ewekoro local govt. area of lagos state with funtional structures is up for sales/lease.
FACILITIES ON THE FARM:

2.5acres of land fenced
2 big poultry pen that can accomodate 40,000birds
a pig pen that can accomodate 500pigs
10 concrete ponds and 2 earthing pond that can take 100,000fishes
5bedroom flat completed
facing a major road

FOR LEASE N1.5M PER ANNUM

FOR SALE N30M
NEGOTIABLE
for more info contact

SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 3:26pm On May 22, 2013
omobusola: @fnk pls send me a copy of the document my email is omolaramatanmi@yahoo.com. thanks alot

Remember, what I will mail you is what I did and how it worked for me, your result may be different. And I am not sharing the fomular of my V-mix, the other info will be useful to you and give you an idea to get you going. Also remember I did this couple years ago, so some of the prices have changed, so you will need to adjust to the current market prices of the different items.

Good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omobusola(f): 4:35pm On May 22, 2013
Thx a lot fnk,I got ur mail.gracias
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dansbash: 8:08pm On May 22, 2013
fm7070: @Basking4me,
Welldone,
Pls, post the feed formulation u used for your birds.
How old are they when u administered the vaccines?
thx
here is my email address dansbash@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dansbash: 8:14pm On May 22, 2013
omobusola: Thx a lot fnk,I got ur mail.gracias
pls omobusola can you be kind enough to mailme the doc. here is my email dansbash@yahoo.com
thank you am waiting
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 10:18pm On May 22, 2013
I have decided to go for point of lay

I want to buy from animal care. Is their breed ok and can they be trusted in terms of vaccination too.

Pls I need advice cos I want to make my booking next week
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by confluence: 9:34am On May 23, 2013
dear All,
To all who have made the post interesting and learnin the basics of poultry farming easy i say well done.
I have followed this thread for about 9 months since the day fnk talked about his speacial feed or drug so to say, i have never rear chickens before but out of curious regarding fnk findings, i did a bit of reserach i found a company who sells s feed premix for chickens , i made purchase and im currently testing out this premix on my chicken (about ten chickens )
I was suppose to start the trial on day old chicken but i could not lay hands on where to purchase day old chicken all i did was found a woman who hawk chickens around town and i made purchase of 10 birds.It was suppose to be broilers but later find out that they are cockerels from a friend who came visiting. Pardon me i did not take pictures of these birds when i purchase them 2weeks ago and they where real small, they are 2weeks old with me now (the seller told me they are 4weeks before i purchase them)
I just wanted to share their current pictures with you guys after applying the feed premix i purchased and i can see a very rapid growth in them

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bigboytinz: 12:56pm On May 23, 2013
helo,i appreciate all the stuff u guys are contributing,can anyone help a brother on formula for broiler feed (i) starter and (b) finisher. one love.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:12pm On May 23, 2013
omobusola: Thx a lot fnk,I got ur mail.gracias

de nada, estare a su orden cualque tiempo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:16pm On May 23, 2013
confluence: dear All,
To all who have made the post interesting and learnin the basics of poultry farming easy i say well done.
I have followed this thread for about 9 months since the day fnk talked about his speacial feed or drug so to say, i have never rear chickens before but out of curious regarding fnk findings, i did a bit of reserach i found a company who sells s feed premix for chickens , i made purchase and im currently testing out this premix on my chicken (about ten chickens )
I was suppose to start the trial on day old chicken but i could not lay hands on where to purchase day old chicken all i did was found a woman who hawk chickens around town and i made purchase of 10 birds.It was suppose to be broilers but later find out that they are cockerels from a friend who came visiting. Pardon me i did not take pictures of these birds when i purchase them 2weeks ago and they where real small, they are 2weeks old with me now (the seller told me they are 4weeks before i purchase them)
I just wanted to share their current pictures with you guys after applying the feed premix i purchased and i can see a very rapid growth in them

Hay, congratulations, they look good.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:19pm On May 23, 2013
Bigboytinz: helo,i appreciate all the stuff u guys are contributing,can anyone help a brother on formula for broiler feed (i) starter and (b) finisher. one love.

Go back on this tread a lot of info has been shared here with respect to feed formula. Be patient I think anything you need to raise a bird, any kid has been shared here by someone. A lot of good info and ideas.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dansbash: 5:20pm On May 23, 2013
hi wollexxx the drinking tip you are talking about is called nipple drinker. hope it helps
dansbash:

hi wollexxx the drinking tip you are talking about is called nipple drinker. hope it helps
dansbash:

dansbash:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 2:45pm On May 24, 2013
Hello friends Good to see that you are all keeping well.By God's grace I will like to share my little farm experience with you .It contains good and bad not ugly.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2013
sp2002: a farm in ewekoro local govt. area of lagos state with funtional structures is up for sales/lease.
FACILITIES ON THE FARM:

2.5acres of land fenced
2 big poultry pen that can accomodate 40,000birds
a pig pen that can accomodate 500pigs
10 concrete ponds and 2 earthing pond that can take 100,000fishes
5bedroom flat completed
facing a major road

FOR LEASE N1.5M PER ANNUM

FOR SALE N30M
NEGOTIABLE
for more info contact

SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 24, 2013
fnk:

Remember, what I will mail you is what I did and how it worked for me, your result may be different. And I am not sharing the fomular of my V-mix, the other info will be useful to you and give you an idea to get you going. Also remember I did this couple years ago, so some of the prices have changed, so you will need to adjust to the current market prices of the different items.

Good luck
I will appreciate if u also send me a copy too
Cojmail2000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MarcoP: 9:28pm On May 26, 2013
obnelly: Hello friends Good to see that you are all keeping well.By God's grace I will like to share my little farm experience with you .It contains good and bad not ugly.

We are still waiting anxiously to read your farm story you offered to share. There's always one or two lessons to learn from shared experiences.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MarcoP: 10:05pm On May 26, 2013
@ Obnelly.
I'm anxiously waiting for you to share your farm experience as indicated in your earlier post. I guess I may learn a thing or two.
Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by confluence: 9:11am On May 31, 2013
some recent pics of my broilers

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by confluence: 9:13am On May 31, 2013
some of the broilers last week when they came in at 4weeks

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2013
house, ple where can i get automatic drinker for my poultry
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Casta: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
@FNK please send a copy of your findings to obed4wonders@yahoo.com. I have read through the various post on this tread, they are quite intresting and motivating. I have made up my mind to venture into poultary farming.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Keziehenry(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Between turkey and broiler Which one is more preferable to go into

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.