Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (82010 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2021
wizdooarchy3:
Nothing wrong with the LIST,

just that they omitted CASKET

let them add it and the list is complete

But they included football (FIFA). For wetin na? Na groom suppose buy the ball for end of year village tournament?

5 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by jsancho(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Turn Marriage to investment...
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by backbone503(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Roon9:

You are definitely joking my man. You can say the list is negotiable but definitely not paid on instalments. Some of us Don marry for this group o

It happens, but thats dependent in how understanding the family is.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Fahdiga(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2021
helinues:
Correct nigga.

I think some parents are just selfish with this ridiculous engagement list..

How are they going to survive after marriage? Does it mean they are selling their daughters?
At times it is not from the parents. kinsmen are the ones demanding all the items on the list
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Slimsly100(f): 10:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Later unu go say Igbo gals are expensive cool
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by kendological(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery ?
Bros.that list is madness.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Chirowman(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2021
This is life settlements , after buying her let none of her family members come to my house to seek monetary aid because I will pour somebody hot water.nonesense list , I saw this list fear come catch me . My list that I saw laughter full my face that's what this people want to scare someone son . Make Dem kuku open beer palour , beader pant for real.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by seanwilliam(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2021
The is rubbish to me.. how can they be selling their girls ? Which can nonsense and stupid culture is this .. on top say I go Dey fhuck u and u go born for me ? Wetin she one add to my life self for Christ sake wey I go pay all these rubbish to keep nonsense for house?. Be like the elder the family the girl the community all of them are useless .. in this kind economy.. I go Dey husle Dey and night I go kon later pack all my life savings for one stupid elders wey no sabi work wey no no the value of money.. him go kon Dey use my money feed him family .. be like say una Dey mad self embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by backbone503(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2021
na2016:
This man is not ready for marriage and posting this list here can cause serious problems for him.
If he was not ready to marry, he should have calmed down and stopped making it look like this is common in Akwa Ibom state.

The OP has refused to tell people that they usually reduce this list when elders from both families meet.
The OP has also refused to tell people that this list is family dependent. That some families can give you their daughter just by paying the bride price alone and won't collect all those.
Stop misinforming the public!!!

The Op is just out to misinform those he can and portray Akwa Ibom in a negative light. Nyin ibihi neke iyem uto ebeyin ami.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by wellmax(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
[s]As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery[/s] ?

Trash, love ko, lover ni.
Are they tying to open a supermarket with this list.
Abi na poverty dey worry them
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Angelacruz: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2021
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640
the family are wicked....abi dem wan open supermarket?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by psucc(m): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2021
Etinan, Uyo, Eket axis.

Marriage is for men and not boys.

The truth about the list is that it is a tradition that these things are written, but it is not compulsory that the guy must provide all.

After collecting the list, probably prepared by the entire family, the would be Son-in-law will now go for the next round of the rites, which is "ufaña List". At this stage, he will sit one on one with the father-in-law where he will bargain for what he will be able to pay. At the end, they should have reached an agreement. And the remaining things on the list is what he will pay. It adds to the beauty of the marriage.

I think whoever comes to Akwa Ibom State for marriage should know this.

I have an in-law from Niger Republic who did not ran away.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by CHoccolaTE: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2021
seanwilliam:
The is rubbish to me.. how can they be selling their girls ? Which can nonsense and stupid culture is this .. on top say I go Dey fhuck u and u go born for me ? Wetin she one add to my life self for Christ sake wey I go pay all these rubbish to keep nonsense for house?. Be like the elder the family the girl the community all of them are useless .. in this kind economy.. I go Dey husle Dey and night I go kon later pack all my life savings for one stupid elders wey no sabi work wey no no the value of money.. him go kon Dey use my money feed him family .. be like say una Dey mad self embarassed

Then dont get married na, instead of all this empty making mouth. Mtsheewww
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Angelacruz: 11:01am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
I swear..d pants own dey funny
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Tillatalk: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2021
Na that 1football(FIFA ) shock me
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by seanwilliam(m): 11:07am On Feb 11, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Then dont get married na, instead of all this empty making mouth. Mtsheewww
it is not about making mouth that is nonsense culture to me.. how u go expect a young husling man to pay such outrageous amount and still Dey feed the woman and sendin her family money once in a while.. cos I Dey sure say if her family knows ther value of money and economy of the country dem no go Dey spit rubbish for mouth.. funnily enough the woman might not be virgin o. .. most stupid things is giving my hard earned money wey I toyed for day and night to one stupid elder wey no be say na him get pikin o.. be like all of una Dey mad self .. rubbish !!!na your type go expect every young man to be millionaire before getting married .. radarada

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by seanwilliam(m): 11:08am On Feb 11, 2021
No wonder girls from that side are mostly into prostitution.. nonsense !

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sojfarm: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2021
This is a situation of Female for Sale!!!!

The root-cause of their problems

Where are the feminist
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by orisunmibare01(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery ?
So I'll marry and still pay bride price over certain years? What rubbish! Na real estate investment?

All of them are mad.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by slowice(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
I would have left but I like to know where I'm going from the onset.
It was one of the first things I had to find out when we started dating.
If I had seen a list like this from her village I would walk.

Well, everyone can't follow ur pattern since we all difference in our approach..... He found out now and still left cos he could not deal... Still cool
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2021
Cantonese:
This may just be forged or faked to give the community or the people a bad name.

This list is not as it is sometimes made to look. The cash demanded is already 490k. Other items make the list almost one million.

I think something is not right somewhere with the paper.
from ur statement I can deduce dat u r from dat state. but come to think of it o! if it were another state u il not say it is forged o! u il be among those condemning d state n so on n so forte. u il be amongst those dat il give d state a bad name also. lol now u know say this thing reach d whole 9ja. just tell ur kinsmen to reduce d list so dat their daughters fit see husband marry.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Ubdavis(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided

It's not all about the side the lady is coming from. Its more of the family.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by orisunmibare01(m): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2021
psucc:

Your in-law is a bandit

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by generalud: 11:15am On Feb 11, 2021
This is one of the reasons you see over-grown, matured and beautiful Akwa Ibom Ladies not yet married, thereby moving from pillar to pole. Abasi do.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Freemasonry: 11:15am On Feb 11, 2021
helinues:
Correct nigga.

I think some parents are just selfish with this ridiculous engagement list..

How are they going to survive after marriage? Does it mean they are selling their daughters?
Don't be too hard on parents bro, some cultures predetermine and prepare this list which parents are compelled by tradition to present to their prospective sons inlaw.
They're merely unwilling accomplices in the charade. Most parents are unhappy about it but don't know what to do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Utycar: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Are there really virgins in Akwa-Ibom?

U must be very folish to ask such a question

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by TemmyT002(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2021
All nuclear and extended family members came to submit their list on top one girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by obuneme: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2021
I will consider doing that only if she's a virgin grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2021
psucc:
Etinan, Uyo, Eket axis.

Marriage is for men and not boys.

The truth about the list is that it is a tradition that these things are written, but it is not compulsory that the guy must provide all.

After collecting the list, probably prepared by the entire family, the would be Son-in-law will now go for the next round of the rites, which is "ufaña List". At this stage, he will sit one on one with the father-in-law where he will bargain for what he will be able to pay. At the end, they should have reached an agreement. And the remaining things on the list is what he will pay. It adds to the beauty of the marriage.

I think whoever comes to Akwa Ibom State for marriage should know this.

guy just tell ur kinsmen to reduce d list , make it reasonable so dat when prospective suitors see it them no go pick race. At d end of d day na make d lady see husband marry.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by imagrg(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2021
My friend, give their daughter belle and dem go soft-pedal and beg you to come carry almost for free....I swear!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pansophist(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2021
PussyKing:
He is a coward

I married from Akwaibom Nset Ibom

They gave me list as long as this even more expensive.

But on the main day I didn't even spend more than I had budgeted. I even saved money.

The thing is just have an understanding with the mum and dad or a close person to the family and tell your woman and her mum your budget.

Once they understand its done smoothly, that list will be negotiated till its comes in line with your budget.

If there is anything that left tell them you will come later and clear say marriage them no dey marry finish grin

As you move na final

My guy grin

Hope na virgin you marry sha. Because it's against the Bible to pay the bride price for non virgins cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Gkemz: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2021
This is an outrageous list. I always factor the marriage requirements while dating so as to avoid getting into this kind of situation. The economy is hard, marrying from regions with expensive marriage list makes it harder.
Nevertheless marriage list is subject to negotiation and a favourable compromise can be reached.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.