Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (82011 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!

Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

Dey Want To Build A Refinery.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by falcon01: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2021
Mikecold:
Someone wants to open drink shop on his head

Which one is 1 walking stick, why not wheelchair
you need a walking stick after Getting Thos stuffs cause you gonna be soooo drunk

4 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by spencekat(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2021
slowice:

These things aren't always known from the onset... What sort of talk is this?
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by tamunobello: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2021
They should just keep their daughter
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by majamajic(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2021
Cantonese:
This may just be forged or faked to give the community or the people a bad name.

This list is not as it is sometimes made to look. The cash demanded is already 490k. Other items make the list almost one million.

I think something is not right somewhere with the paper.

Shut up boy !

Which community ?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by spencekat(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2021
udemzyudex:
bride price is always negotiable, know that.
Not in all the villages.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pacespot(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2021
These in-laws must really be chronic drunkards, he was getting married from the family of drunkards, everything na carton, carton of alcoholic drinks

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by bizza45: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!
Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

bender pants and drinks supermarket

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Lomprico2: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2021
how many of the family daughters the guy wan marry because this list na like for 5 girls combined. WTF!

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Reex12(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2021
Ykc2:
I thought marriage is expensive in nigeria not untill I started working with Afghanistan and somalian guys here in Austria, the somalian guy told me his family gave his bride family 75 cows,then the Afghanistan guy is still saving to get €30000 his bride family demanded,then in Iran is the worst they calculate with gold, when i told them that in my state anambra ,then idemili LGA with 200k you are through with marrying a girl they laughed at me, na only imo state dey disgrace us not all imo ooh mbaise owerri
200k? wow north or south

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by majamajic(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2021
udemzyudex:
bride price is always negotiable, know that.

Yes but within the range , total can't go down from 5M to 1M , it will be around 4.5M

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
No,kids like you who are not matured enough can't reason!When you are old enough you will understand.
lol see pickin wen u start dating a girl tell her to bring her list from ger dad cause that d first thing on mind, u never grow at all
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by azeeza(f): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2021
lilvicky68:
Run oh..last last the girl is not worth it..by the time you count all the men she has slept with..you no supposed pay reach 5k self..
chai we Don suffer.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by spencekat(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2021
Mannylex:

Lol. If the lady is pregnant, the list also increases grin grin. There is another list called MKPO USONG EYIN or so which translates to stubborn or disrespect list. Among that list you have to also buy a goat amongst other stuffs. grin
Wahala grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by geladinho1(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2021
Abasman007:
are they in your state?
your people wicked fa
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Welcum: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery ?
So that the marriage gets burdened with debt from the beginning. Amid it all, the guy will be struggling to feed the girl, raise kids and do other things in life. Please call a spade a spade - this is more than DEVILISH. This is how they turn their girls into prostitutes everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by na2016: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2021
This man is not ready for marriage and posting this list here can cause serious problems for him.
If he was not ready to marry, he should have calmed down and stopped making it look like this is common in Akwa Ibom state.

The OP has refused to tell people that they usually reduce this list when elders from both families meet.
The OP has also refused to tell people that this list is family dependent. That some families can give you their daughter just by paying the bride price alone and won't collect all those.
Stop misinforming the public!!!

6 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by xrayj(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery ?
That list is pure greed & got nothing to do with love! As a man, it is very risky to marry from a greedy family.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pacespot(m): 10:43am On Feb 11, 2021
Just find one girl give am belle to save yourself from all this marriage wahala grin,even Davido no marry chioma, everybody na unto baby mama level den dey.

And don't expect Africans to ditch this culture of extortionist marriage soon, anything that has to do with money is very difficult to separate from those greedy folks

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Osanoghodua1: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2021
Africa is too backward. Punishing you because you agree to marry. I paid mine anyway but inherited debt afterward which God helped me to offset 2020. I was even given external list because I am not from the ethic group despite been from same state. I love my wife, she is the best thing that ever happened to me after the salvation of my soul.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by backbone503(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2021
ka ke tie ke isong. There is absolutely nothing outrageous about that list. Besides majority of items therein are negotiable

For instance, where 10 cartons was requested, 3 can be given.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by wizdooarchy3(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2021
Nothing wrong with the LIST,

just that they omitted CASKET
let them add it and the list is complete
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Roon9(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

You are definitely joking my man. You can say the list is negotiable but definitely not paid on instalments. Some of us Don marry for this group o

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Adamson55: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2021
This Is Outrageous....Is the Man Buying the Girl or Marrying Her?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Anom777: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2021
Na wah oh
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by DIIGZ(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:
Wahala for who take wedding serious...

Give am belle make them they beg you first and let see if someone go give you that kind list
. You will be require to pay insult fee
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by xrayj(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2021
na2016:
This man is not ready for marriage and posting this list here can cause serious problems for him.
If he was not ready to marry, he should have calmed down and stopped making it look like this is common in Akwa Ibom state.
The OP has refused to tell people that they usually reduce this list when elders from both families meet.
The OP has also refused to tell people that this list is family dependent. That some families can give you their daughter just by paying the bride price alone and won't collect all those.
Stop misinforming the public!!!
How will posting it here cause problem for him??
So u people know the list is outrageous and do not want the public to see it??

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ibrocool(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Girl that is not a virgin
Even she is a virgin, must the family kill the husband to be.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by uthlaw: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
na love you wan chop...girl make guys go don chop her finish!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by tutudesz: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2021
Viknat:
if this nigga see his pix as meme eh
Na VIP now grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Serveyouright(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Sorry, marriage is for men not boys. If you're not up to the task, hide your face. The list is negotiable and with your budget, you can conveniently marry an Akw Ibom lady. We don't oppress anyone here. Just be original, don't claim who you're not.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nmezor(f): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2021
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.