Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend (40481 Views)

As A Lady, Would You Accept Marriage Proposal From A Guy Living In This Room? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
DEMZEE:

U are very delusional

Why wud a man want his woman to support their family financially in the first place?

Delusional means not dealing with reality. What happens in REALITY is that lots of times a man relies on his wife's help till he makes it. That's what HAPPENS, not "why wud a man want"!
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Delusional means not dealing with reality. What happens in REALITY is that lots of times a man relies on his wife's help till he makes it. That's what HAPPENS, not "why wud a man want"!

The reality is that most men are weak and beta males who don't understand Wat masculinity is and who don't understand that women just are and men must become.

Men are judged by their burden of performance.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
DEMZEE:

The reality is that most men are weak and beta males who don't understand Wat masculinity is and who don't understand that women just are and men must become.

Men are judged by their burden of performance.

Simple: sometimes a wife helps a man make it. Has nothing to do with alpha male. You may be alpha male and yet have mothing
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Simple: sometimes a wife helps a man make it. Has nothing to do with alpha male. You may be alpha male and yet have mothing

U can't b an alpha male and not be high value.

No alpha male or high value man depends on his wife to make it.

Only beta males and simps do

2 Likes

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
DEMZEE:

U can't b an alpha male and not be high value.

No alpha male or high value man depends on his wife to make it.

Only beta males and simps do

I think you are confusing yourself a bit.

A man who has strength, courage, independence, leadership, and assertiveness is an alpha male. Yet u may have all those qualities yet have not much money
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 7:25am On Mar 08, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I think you are confusing yourself a bit.

A man who has strength, courage, independence, leadership, and assertiveness is an alpha male. Yet u may have all those qualities yet have not much money

Money is the number one quality an alpha male has then leadership and assertiveness and decisiveness etc because men have to become and women just are. It's called burden of performance for men.

How can u lead ur home if u don't make more money than ur wife??

How can u lead ur home if ur wife is making all the decisive and critical decisions

In a relationship there's a dominant gender and a submissive gender

The man is the dominant gender and the woman is the submissive gender

No high value alpha male depends on his wife for financial support. She is coming into his already built world not building his world with him.

Women don't see equality, women see weak or strong. They date and marry men who they perceive has more smv than them.

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by maurizjavah(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2021
Perfectsouth:
she gave me like 5missed call this morning and was like, I only send money for upkeep and don't even call to check on them.. That I only call to talk to my kids whenever she is not at home...
This is someone that left when I Had financial issues,she no even look back.. She don roam the whole place and realized, men out there are only for the Bleep and not settling down.. She now wants to come back to me, the Boda ode she left..

Young woman, leave the man to decide hsi life.. You are only clamoring for proposal and thereafter wedding because you want to settle down cos age is no longer on your side..
After marriage and he is not doing OK, na una go still mount pressure on the poor man..

So many ladies of nowadays use marriage as a front.. Once they pitch their tent with a man, they now start coded runs because they know they have a home.
I thank God for opening my eyes cos I too suffer for woman hand..
Believe me, na married women fornicate pass..

Leave the young man to arrange and organize his life and don't distract him from becoming who he wants to be...
One thing I like about the male gender is,we are just like wine, the older, the better

pls go and marry.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Perfectsouth(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2021
always read with sense, he no go hard you
maurizjavah:

pls go and marry.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 12:09am On Mar 09, 2021
DEMZEE:

Money is the number one quality an alpha male has then leadership and assertiveness and decisiveness etc because men have to become and women just are. It's called burden of performance for men.

How can u lead ur home if u don't make more money than ur wife??

How can u lead ur home if ur wife is making all the decisive and critical decisions

In a relationship there's a dominant gender and a submissive gender

The man is the dominant gender and the woman is the submissive gender

No high value alpha male depends on his wife for financial support. She is coming into his already built world not building his world with him.

Women don't see equality, women see weak or strong. They date and marry men who they perceive has more smv than them.

U still refuse to deal with the real world. Women also see those qualities you mentioned. And they can totally satisfy a woman's pypergamousness. There is something called potential and women also see it. It is not always money. Eg, a US medical intern has no money but will satisfy it for any Nigerian lady
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by ardythe0: 3:36am On Mar 09, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2021
PoliteActivist:

U still refuse to deal with the real world. Women also see those qualities you mentioned. And they can totally satisfy a woman's pypergamousness. There is something called potential and women also see it. It is not always money. Eg, a US medical intern has no money but will satisfy it for any Nigerian lady

Okay

I don't care about men who have average and poverty future plans sexual mating strategy

I'm talking from a rich man/patriarch perspective

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
DEMZEE:

Okay

I don't care about men who have average and poverty future plans sexual mating strategy

I'm talking from a rich man/patriarch perspective

But you fail to see that in the real world it is not always about money. A penniless religious guru or guitarist or social giant would have a bunch of women worshiping them
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
PoliteActivist:

But you fail to see that in the real world it is not always about money. A penniless religious guru or guitarist or social giant would have a bunch of women worshiping them

Don't confuse poverty reality as real world please.

I don't see poverty reality as my real world.

Sure worshipping them but can they marry all those women
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:

Don't confuse poverty reality as real world please.

I don't see poverty reality as my real world.

Sure worshipping them but can they marry all those women

Not only marry, OWN them. Fela married 27, did he have money? Poverty is not always about money. You may have a lot of money yet be poor, and vice versa
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Npt only marry, OWN them. Fela married 27, did he have money? Poverty is not always about money. You may have a lot of money yet be poor, and vice versa

Noo fela was a miserable wretch! Mtscheww now u are not even making sense. Fela was a bloody wealthy man dude

Baba u are going way off topic with this ur u can have money and still be poor blah blah blah
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:

Noo fela was a miserable wretch! Mtscheww now u are not even making sense. Fela was a bloody wealthy man dude

Baba u are going way off topic with this ur u can have money and still be poor blahWas Fel blah blah

So you think those women were there for money?? Was Fela among those known to have money in Nig?? These people that commit suicide despite lots of money nko? Dangote couldn't even handle one American hoe.
This man below nko?

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
PoliteActivist:

So you think those women were there for money?? Was Fela among those known to have money in Nig?? These people that commit suicide despite lots of money nko? Dangote couldn't even handle one American hoe.
This man below nko?

Noo they were there to expand fela wealth mtscheww

Baba don't downplay the effects money has in women's hypergamy and sexual mating strategy
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:

Noo they were there to expand fela wealth mtscheww

Baba don't downplay the effects money has in women's hypergamy and sexual mating strategy

You obviously missed the below.
Stop arguing nonsense

Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You obviously missed the below.
Stop arguing nonsense

U are looking at polygamy from a poor man lens.

I wud rather prefer being a polygamous rich man.

U can be polygamous and be rich or poor, it's ur choice to choose which one u want to be
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
DEMZEE:

U are looking at polygamy from a poor man lens.

I wud rather prefer being a polygamous rich man.

U can be polygamous and be rich or poor, it's ur choice to choose which one u want to be

Don't shift the discussion. The argument is whether women's hypergamousness is always about money.
Honorably accept you've been defeated.
QED
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by DEMZEE(m): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Don't shift the discussion. The argument is whether women's hypergamousness is always about money.
Honorably accept you've been defeated.
QED

Money is an aspect of it, it's not always about money. But as a man wud u rather prefer to be poor than be rich ni??
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by PoliteActivist: 6:55am On Mar 11, 2021
DEMZEE:

Money is an aspect of it, it's not always about money.

You finally see the light.
QED
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by superlicious: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Laird:
Let's forget sentiments

Forget wedding ceremony

Marriage Life needs money

Money for Bigger apartment

Money for pregnancy and antenatal and medical Pregnancy issues and baby issues

It is not cheap even if You go to a government hospital

Sometimes the pregnancy or the baby has health issues and the mother can't work. The man now carries the whole burden and inflation and prices are going up
Marriage is a lot of duties, responsibilities and requirements and obligations.

Time, effort and Money.

If You are not ready, don't enter particularly for Men

If You go to hospital without money, You would be insulted
If You can't pay your rent, your landlord might insult You
If You can't provide everything needed for Your family, You might not feel.happy within yourself and your wife might even start to disrespect You

The Hard Painful truth

I have been down that route before.

I was not earning enough then and the breakout plan did not work out.

I couldn't carry more than myself so a settlement was reached and that was it
Nice advice, but I will like to learn from your story
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by Laird(m): 4:54am On Sep 24, 2021
superlicious:
Nice advice, but I will like to learn from your story

It was simple

Marriage for a man most times= Equals more responsibilities and more expenses

So I didn't want to add more responsibilities and expenses to my life when I wasn't earning enough so I discontinued the relationship
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by aktolly54(m): 10:56am On Sep 24, 2021
abigail11:
I have been dating this guy for 8 years now. My relationship with him started since my university school days.

Ever since we graduated and started working, I have been expecting him to propose to me, which he didn't.

When I confronted him, he said he needs a tangible source of income first before he will marry me.

His current salary is 60k, yet he doesn't want us to go into marriage now.

I personal told him that we can manage what we have and plan our life together since I'm also working. But he said no, his reason is that he doesn't want us to suffer.

My problem is this:
1. Time is not on my side
2. He want to make millions before he can marry me, what if it takes more years to do that?
3. I'm ready and he is not ready.
Please I need advise. I don't know what to do.
if your genotype is AA and you are beautiful, send me email 2with your number for proper chat: a k in o l a t o bi 20018@g m a i l. c o m
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by emmaodet: 5:00am On Nov 14, 2021
budaatum:
You never mentioned what you contribute to the 60k that you want to manage!

Are you sure you are ready?

grin grin

Don’t mind her.
That was how my uncle’s wife disturbed him then that they should marry, they will manage whatever is available.
The man come enter the trap without tangible source of income.
His life has really really been frustrated afterward.
After the euphoria of marriage settled and every calm and suffering in poverty starts settling in, it is the same woman who has been tongue lashing him.
Calling him lazy, keeping out sex from my bro.
The man has really aged fast now with a lot of white hairs at his young age.
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by emmaodet: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2021
Sweetheart I'm on his side on this,its always wise for a lady never to date a man in her age group, a man must be stable financially before thinking marriage and he already made you understand that,the only mistake you made is dating him.Since he's not ready please look for someone who's ready and settle down with him,never let your emotions direct your thinking in marriage issues.Please let him go so as not to waste more time as you already have. Follow this tips:Cut off from a relationship that has no head way after six months to avoid stories that touch.As for me I already resolve never to date a man below 50yrs because most Nigerian men below 50 are still struggling.Such a messed up country

Lol
Dating men above 50 years
Na waaaaaaaaa
Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by emmaodet: 5:10am On Nov 14, 2021
kense88:
why not 70 ? So you can be assisting him to walk.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

She Made Me A Laughing Stock Today..... Am So Ashamed / Victoria Kimani: I Have Not Had Sex Since 2017, Now I Feel Like A Virgin / 10 Memes On The Trending Sex Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.