Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

I Disowned My Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Disowned My Mother (41005 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Disowned My Mother by AddictedToTech: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2021
Your mother is exhibiting the trait of a witch.
When it flies like a duck, quack like one, it's definitely a duck.

Sorry for your loss!

25 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by NoToPile: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.

See reasons, what sort of hatred will make you wish death on your DIL.

Keep your nuclear family away from her. You really can't disown her because she is still your mother but keep a distance, keep your family away from her.

Jeez what kind of person is this, even the death of her grandchild could not elicit any compassion , she couldnt even commiserate with your wife despite knowing what it takes to birth a child.

Stay away from her, keep your wife very far away from her . She can actually kill your wife if she has the opportunity.

Shedoesnt like your wife and can't pretend- rubbish .

My people have a saying

A n ja bii to kaku koo - we dey fight no reach say make I wish you death.

18 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by crackhaus: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

cheesycheesy

Whatever happened, I believe you don't need to disown your mother.
Yes you could give her some space, you could communicate and see her less frequently or not at all, but disownment is entirely an overreaction.

As a matter of fact let me shock you, you can't disown your parent... grin
I mean, legally you can't. You could simply say it and then act like it because you want to make a point and hurt your mother's feelings but there's no predetermined lawful way to go about it.

In a sane country other than Nigeria, they might simply ask you to tell her not to contact you again but the day your mom will need financial assistance, it is still you who claimed to disown her that the government will require to still provide for her. grin
I believe that the same thing is applicable in Nigeria.

Las las, the day your mother will need financial assistance or the day she passes on, it's still you who will come out to do the needful. cheesy

Just take it easy bro...
Anyone who is urging you on to cut ties with your mother, simply does NOT understand posterity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2021
Your mother was wrong.

sisisioge:
I dont know why people are shy to tell you the truth...you are on the right track...cut off from your mother for as long as it takes her to realise her error! Sebi she had her own kids, imagine people wishing her death now or hailing if any of her kids should (God forbid). Infact, if I were your brother that was there while she was saying what she said, I would cut off from her too.
On point

crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

Whatever happened, I believe you don't need to disown your mother.
Yes you could give her some space, you could communicate and see her less frequently or not at all, but disownment is entirely an overreaction.

As a matter of fact let me shock you, you can't disown your parent... grin
I mean, legally you can't. You could simply say it and then act like it because you want to make a point and hurt your mother's feelings but there's no predetermined lawful way to go about it.

In a sane country other than Nigeria, they might simply ask you to tell her not to contact you again but the day your mom will need financial assistance, it is still you who claimed to disown her that the government will require to still provide for grin
I believe that the same thing is applicable in Nigeria.

Las las, the day your mother will need financial assistance or the day she passes on, it's still you who will come out to do the needful. cheesy

Just take it easy bro...
Anyone who is urging you on to cut ties with your mother, simply does NOT understand posterity.
Bro where is such happening? In Nigeria, maybe. In saner parts of the world governments do not require a child to provide for parents. One can cut off a toxic parent sef

5 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

Dis Is Really Bad. Is Ur Mother A Christian Or Muslim?
Re: I Disowned My Mother by crackhaus: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2021
1195meters:
on point
bro where is such happening? in Nigeria, maybe. in saner parts of the world governments do not require a child to provide for parents. one can cut off a toxic parent sef
You just want to start an argument.

3 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by ezugegere(m): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2021
Sorry for your loss bro. I hope you didn't allow your wife to hear what your mom said about her? Please don't! As for your mom, give her a distance but don't disown her. Allow time to heal everything. It will be well with you guys!

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by xavuv: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Omihanifa:
You need a lot of patience and wisdom to deal with this kind issue o
you mean he should continue to tolerate such mother?

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by xavuv: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
mutter:
First of all.. I am really sorry about you loss and the whole pain.

But do you actually realize that the real harm came from your brother!.
You ought to disown him if at all you want to disown anyone.
Your mother on receiving the news has two blows... One loosing her grandchild and two knowing the pain her son was in.
People can say allot of things in pain and shock!
I habe actually heard people say thebwishbitbwas their father that died when their mother died.
That was really very wrong of your brother.
I wonder how sorry he felt for you and how pained he was at your loss that he had the mind to tape that conversation and then go back to you to play it to you.
Was it right to confront you with that added pain?
It's obvious that your brother has no love lost for your mother!
It was very wrong of him.
When you confronted your mother on the phone what did you expect?
An apology? You know that parents aren't used to apologising and secondly her apology at that stage wouldn't have meant anything to you.
It was the will of God to take your child back home. The ways of God are not known to man.
In your pain it seems better to feel anger than hurt. I guess anger makes us feel the pain less.
But if your wife is aware of what happened she will only be hurting the more.
Please give yourself and your wife the time to heal and don't project your anger on a mother who lives you but said something stupid.
That your mother does not like your wife could have reasons..
Now you knew this all along but you omitted to correct that issue.
It is often the case that mothers are extremely jealous of loosing their sons to another woman.
May God give you the strength and wisdom to solve this issue

u wrote rubbish!
ur post disappoints aisha buhari

if the mother loves her son, then she would not have spoken ill of the wife.
how would the mother feel if same is spoken to her daughter by her inlaws?
what goes round comes back around, really fast

28 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by LadySarah: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
xavuv:

u wrote rubbish! ur post disappoints aisha buhari
if the mother loves her son, then she would not have spoken ill of the wife. how would the mother feel if same is spoken to her daughter by her inlaws? what goes round comes back around, really fast
I cringed while reading her bs.THIS is preposterous.

5 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by descarado: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
Some people feel that they have exclusive right to treat you anyhow they wish simply cos they are your parents!

This guy wouldn't have considered this if he hadn't lost his child.

They enable their mothers to insult and abuse their wives and only come to complain cos it involve their kids now.

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by descarado: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
xavuv:

u wrote rubbish!

You don't know mutter grin
Re: I Disowned My Mother by xavuv: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:

You don't know mutter grin

mbok! who is mutter
Re: I Disowned My Mother by mutter(f): 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
xavuv:

u wrote rubbish!

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. You may not have the same opinion as another person but that does not mean you can't have an appropriate manner of expressing your opinion.
Anyway Poster....
You can send this video to your mother. ..
She will realise her mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQ2a_3mB4g
Re: I Disowned My Mother by xavuv: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
ezugegere:
Sorry for your loss bro. I hope you didn't allow your wife to hear what your mom said about her? Please don't! As for your mom, give her a distance but don't disown her. Allow time to heal everything. It will be well with you guys!

so the wife should continue to play all nice & dumb for a mother inlaw that wants her dead!

well, it depends on how matured and calm natured the wife is.

If it were me, i will let her know.

1. So that incase of my early demise, God forbid, she will not play easily into their hands, and she will be able to see easily through the false facade/lies/deceit.

11 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by xavuv: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
mutter:

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. You may not have the same opinion as another person but that does not mean you can't have an appropriate manner of expressing your opinion.
Anyway Poster....
You can send this video to your mother. ..
She will realise her mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQ2a_3mB4g

oh! u r saddened by my opinion, sorry don't take it to heart, it's still a fuc*ing TGIF. again what you wrote doesn't make sense
If you MIL said that to you, how would you feel?

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Twelfthman: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Patient bro. Listen more and pray for wisdom. Those two women are the most important in a man life. Wisdom bro.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Liposure: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Your mum went too far. But nevertheless, the onus is on you to let go of your grievances towards her.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by mutter(f): 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2021
xavuv:

oh! u r saddened by my opinion, sorry don't take it to heart, it's still a fuc*ing TGIF. again what you wrote doesn't make sense
If you MIL said that to you, how would you feel?

.... Anybody that talks like that is from a big point of pain.
... And no you didn't sadden me.
Words express who we are and not who the person we are talking to is...

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by BlessedNuel: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Dx matter get as e be
Re: I Disowned My Mother by onuman: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ambode should go to Edo state governor to learn lessons on politics.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by JONSYN7154: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

Please advice me if am I in the wrong
Your mother is your mother. If its your father that you are disowning its understandable.

Something is wrong somewhere, find it and you'll know why your mum made that comments.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Reex12(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
this is a trivial matter I advice you tread with caution between these two women to avoid certain irrational cases
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Mjpem23(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
aroundtheearth:
It's bad enough that she wasn't sympathetic towards your wife, but to wish her dead is quite evil. It's obvious she's got hatred towards your wife, which didn't start today, so distancing your family/keeping your wife away from her is the right thing to do. You don't need to disown her, however. Kudos to you for standing up for your wife. My condolences to you both.

So he should disowned his mother and keep his wife
Bro the man will regret this decision later
Re: I Disowned My Mother by SlyIg(f): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

Maybe your wife was even her target but God preserved her to shame the devil.

6 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

shocked
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Onyi22(f): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin Your mama way don disown you for long without you knowing self
Re: I Disowned My Mother by GboyegaD(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
Good to know you are protective of your wife and you deserve a thumbs up for that however, you don't need to fight your mom. Just keep her at arms length.

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
She did wrong but she is still your mom who gave you life.... Forgive her please

We Move
Re: I Disowned My Mother by ednut1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
A very silly and evil being
Re: I Disowned My Mother by udemzyudex(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
just like that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / Ways To Secure Your Husband From Strange Women / 9 Baby Names Banned By Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.