Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

I Disowned My Mother - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Disowned My Mother (41004 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Disowned My Mother by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
We all know what our parents are capable of to an extent.
Op knows his mother very well and this definitely is not the first time the mother is hating on the wife. Most mothers are like that when it comes to their daughters in law.
When a man knows what his mother is capable of, it will help him know how to manage crisis between his mom and his wife. It's always painful when a man knows what his mom his capable of but still sides her against his wife.
Sorry for your loss sir.

3 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Amhappy(f): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
So unfortunate. For me don't disown her but Keep your family away from her. She's wicked.

2 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by sammirano: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Chriskito09:

Till she kill this young man niam u go rest

So you have concluded his mother wil kill him and his step mothr will preserve him. Hilarious. I just pity the op, cause by the time they are through with him, he will regret it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
sammirano:
Are you mad or domething? Disown your mother for wife of how many years? Well you dont calue what you have until you lose it. Keep it up

Please shatap!!
Nigerians and foolish sentiments. Didn't you read his story.
Is that a mother?

9 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by AfonjaConehead: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

Please advice me if am I in the wrong
be very careful with your words and what you do...when you talk like this about your momma,other people don't like it....what your mom says is harsh but your conclusion on her being a disgrace to womanhood is unacceptable.
And goddamit, you should never have played that tape to her,are you an accuser or what! Do you wanna take your mom to court?!! You should have just deleted it and warn your brother never to do such recordings again.
Sorry about what happened but you gotta take things easy.
Just give your momma a long berth for the time being and everything will be ok..she will later get at you.
But before that,she remains the woman that gave birth to you, apologize to her and go your way with your wife..
God will restore double
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Montaque(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
OP, you mentioned having a step mother. Does it mean that your dad remarried while your mother lives? Is that a sign that your biological mother is not an easy person to deal with? Those justifying her comments are not getting the point. She has a child (the OP) and watched him grow to be a man, but she wants another woman to not see her child grow. That is wickedness and If i were in your shoes, she will have nothing to do physically in my home till she repents.

7 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by gidado14(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:
My wife gave birth in November but we lost the baby 2 days after. What shocked me was when my younger brother sent me a voice message of what they had discussed about my wife and my mum was not remorseful, she said she is not happy that the baby has died she wish it was my wife that died in the process and the innocent baby lives , he recorded her without her knowledge because he didn't like what she was saying.

I immediately called her and play the voice, I taught she will be sorry for what she said, she didn't give a damn. She said she is not an hypocrite, she never like my wife and she can't pretend. I cut the phone with a broken heart even taught she never like my wife she could have at least show forget about the hatred and show her some love in this difficult situation.
My step mother has been taken care of my wife I am grateful , my mum has never bothered to call to know about her health and I haven't call her either. I disowned her. I don't hate her but I don't want nothing to do with her anymore because she is a disgrace to womanhood.

Oga you are dead your mother is the one to dis owns you not you disowning her, you better repent and seek for her forgiveness for writing this shiit!

Re: I Disowned My Mother by kazeem74: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
Sorry for the lost of the infant and wish the mother soonest recovery
Concerning your mother, no matter the hatred/misunderstanding with your wife she still needs to sympathize for the lost of the baby that is one side
For the voice message from your sibling means things are not going well between ur wife and your family
All lies on you to the necessary findings and settlement between the two family, your mother is your mother
I pray Almighty God to increase you in wisdom and knowledge to be able to address the issues, you can also invites one/two trusted and reliable family member if you can't do it alone
Stay bless
Re: I Disowned My Mother by sammirano: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
igbowoman:

Please shatap!!
Nigerians and foolish sentiments. Didn't you read his story.
Is that a mother?

You are highly crazy. There are some things you don't even think. Many of you are lost and without redemption.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by PhantomXcess: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
The same force driving the hate you identify in your mom is what is pushing you to consider this. Please, give her the required break and show your wife the love she needs at this time.

We all have to learn that time isn't linear. What you are experiencing today won't be same a few years later so don't make a permanent decision on temporary situations.

Sometimes we wish certain people in our lives can do better or be better, but if only we see the real reason driving people to act the way they do, we would react differently.

It might be very hard to do, but intentionally act like this never happened and focus on loving your wife. Respect your wife's hurt by fully siding with her and showing her love, avoid bringing it up again. Don't defend your mom but don't also help the force of hate driving her to push you all away.

As for your brother, be-careful of people like him. There's so much he needs to learn about conflict management. He escalated this by recording and telling you a such a private conversation in a time of hurt, pain and mourning.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Thank goodness your wife is alive, she will recover and you will have children when the time is right. Please don't allow anything or anyone deplete your love, you need it to console your woman. Take her on a trip or something. You all will be fine.

Francis609:

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Grace001: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
sammirano:
Are you mad or domething? Disown your mother for wife of how many years? Well you dont calue what you have until you lose it. Keep it up

Disowning his mother is wrong

But as for the mother too, wishing for another woman daughter to die. Someone else will wish that her kids die too while she is alive

Simple as that

2 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by stupidmod3: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
Omihanifa:
You need a lot of patience and wisdom to deal with this kind issue o
patience kua
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Some Mothers can be unnecessarily Stubborn and hard hearted..
Some Could be so annoying and Wicked in their attitude.
Some could even be involved in Witchcraft!
Nevertheless, as long as she is the one that carried you 9 months, she is your mother.
Do not Disown her!
What u can do for her is to Pray for her Salvation.
Also be Prayerful and Watchful!

I Decree the Healing Hands of GOD on your wife.
I Decree affliction will not rise up the Second time in the Name of JESUS..... Amen
There is nothing like witchcraft though, mr pastor.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
Grace001:
She is wishing another woman daughter death and wish that her own is alive.

Whatever you wish to other (be it good or bad) you get it in multiple fold

Haba which kind mama be that

Ask her supporters ooooo....I feel the mother knows something about the death of that child period,I have seen things and am still seeing things in this life

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by stupidmod3: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
gidado14:

Oga you are dead your mother is the one to dis owns you not you disowning her, you better repent and seek for her forgiveness for writing this shiit!
who she help

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Hayjay231(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Sorry for the loss brother u shud be close to God about this but my advise is mama wey born u wey no wish u bad wen u small till now no lose guard her to be candid broda watin ur mama see abt ur wife Na she sabi if u like turn blind eye and don’t misquote me I no say ur wife bad but get close to ur mum I believe she has reason. Similar tin for my family at the long run wen eye clear wife go Na mama remain to help build life again. I no spoil ur wife oooooooo just know ur step mum no fit like u reach ur mama and I no spoil ur step mum also. This life is wicked broda. May d lord grant ur family comfort to bear d loss. Under d influence of alcohol tho.
Francis609:

Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
For the brother to record his own mother for evidence tells you all her kids know what a witch they have as mother.
Cut her off immediately!!
I bet you she doesn't get along with anyone.
I pity the wife that has to deal with a witch as her mother in law

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Akamariner:

There is nothing like witchcraft though, mr pastor.

I pray u experience am ooooo,seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Steveagro: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
what your mother did was wrong no doubt but
1* You knew your mother didn't like your wife before this incident so you don't expect the feelings to switch because of the prsesnty circumstances
2* You should find out the real reason your mum hates your wife before deciding to disown her or not
3* considering the relationship between your mum an d wife, would you divorce your wife if she was the one that wished your mum death?
sorry for your loss
Re: I Disowned My Mother by nurudeen181(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hnmm..ogbeni dont hate mother o...dont disown her instead be the intermediary between she and your wife, wives family...what mother can see bending down ogben you cant see it on a roof...i pray you wont lose mother and later lose the same wife you disown your mother for...
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Chriskito09: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
igbowoman:
For the brother to record his own mother for evidence tells you all her kids know what a witch they have as mother.
Cut her off immediately!!
I bet you she doesn't get along with anyone.

Good advice but no one will take it until its tooo late

3 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Babyboyforeal(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin shocked
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

she also thinks she is ugly and will give birth to ugly kids.
sad
Francis609:

She hates my wife because she is from the same tribe as my dad. She wanted me to marry a lady from her tribe.

Nothing we nor go see or hear from Naira land
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Idamond: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

after checking all ur post about your mom and wife palaver you should have respect her opinion not to marry her
Re: I Disowned My Mother by ceeceeuwa: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
mutter:
First of all.. I am really sorry about you loss and the whole pain.

But do you actually realize that the real harm came from your brother!.
You ought to disown him if at all you want to disown anyone.
Your mother on receiving the news has two blows... One loosing her grandchild and two knowing the pain her son was in.
People can say allot of things in pain and shock!
I habe actually heard people say thebwishbitbwas their father that died when their mother died.
That was really very wrong of your brother.
I wonder how sorry he felt for you and how pained he was at your loss that he had the mind to tape that conversation and then go back to you to play it to you.
Was it right to confront you with that added pain?
It's obvious that your brother has no love lost for your mother!
It was very wrong of him.
When you confronted your mother on the phone what did you expect?
An apology? You know that parents aren't used to apologising and secondly her apology at that stage wouldn't have meant anything to you.
It was the will of God to take your child back home. The ways of God are not known to man.
In your pain it seems better to feel anger than hurt. I guess anger makes us feel the pain less.
But if your wife is aware of what happened she will only be hurting the more.
Please give yourself and your wife the time to heal and don't project your anger on a mother who lives you but said something stupid.
That your mother does not like your wife could have reasons..
Now you knew this all along but you omitted to correct that issue.
It is often the case that mothers are extremely jealous of loosing their sons to another woman.
May God give you the strength and wisdom to solve this issue
Why are you guys sugar coating the whole thing because a mother is involved? If the reverse were to be the case, this whole forum will be on fire with name calling for the wife... is it even reasonable to wish a fellow human death let alone a son's wife. If the whole thing is boiled down to jealousy because her daughter inlaw took her son away from her in the name of marriage, then she should marry her son! Is the daughter inlaw not also someone's daughter? Didn't the girls family also loose their daughter to their son in the name of marriage? Abeg, I tire to type!

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by Drone95(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Zzor:
Eiya sorry,how could a mother be so cold
devil dey always learn work from women

1 Like

Re: I Disowned My Mother by 4reala(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

Op, so sorry for your loss, but please don't say this to the hearing of your mum. It will create a negative effect. Though you didn't tell us the Genesis of this problem, in which I know you must have seen it coming. Just pray for God to touch her heart. And try to reconcile both of them. God will surely bless you with more beautiful and great children and your home and life will experience peace.
God bless you
Link up with us tonight at RCCG Holy Ghost service on Dove tv in your DStv or Gotv, and table your prayers. And God will put testimony on your lips in the mighty name of Jesus.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Chriskito09:

I pray u experience am ooooo,seeing is believing
lol, i was once like you.

Well life is a stage, and nothing is wrong with you and your believe as long as you are comfortable with it, if you need to know more, you will simply know by craving.
Re: I Disowned My Mother by Grace001: 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Chriskito09:

Ask her supporters ooooo....I feel the mother knows something about the death of that child period,I have seen things and am still seeing things in this life

It’s very possible she knows about it, it’s nothing new that mother Inlaw don’t like their son’s wife
But wishing the wife( another woman’s daughter) dead speak volume about the mother in-law

Haba which kind mama be that.

4 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Some Mothers can be unnecessarily Stubborn and hard hearted..
Some Could be so annoying and Wicked in their attitude.
Some could even be involved in Witchcraft!
Nevertheless, as long as she is the one that carried you 9 months, she is your mother.
Do not Disown her!
What u can do for her is to Pray for her Salvation.
Also be Prayerful and Watchful!

I Decree the Healing Hands of GOD on your wife.
I Decree affliction will not rise up the Second time in the Name of JESUS..... Amen

Nonsense!!
Carried 9 months my foot.
Is she the first to carry a baby?
Goats and cows also carry babies and give birth yet we have them inside our stews and soups

7 Likes

Re: I Disowned My Mother by od501: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
Francis609:

Indeed you need alot of wisdom. Your mother's hatred for your wife is one thing, the reason for the hatred is another. Find out why she is so bitter about her and try to explain when she tells you (that is, if it is something you can comprehend)
Re: I Disowned My Mother by igbowoman: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
od501:

Indeed you need alot of wisdom. Your mother's hatred for your wife is one thing, the reason for the hatred is another. Find out why she is so bitter about her and try to explain when she tells you (that is, if it is something you can comprehend)

he has already said the reason.it is because she is from his father's tribe and also she says the wife is ugly and will give her ugly grandkids

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ways To Secure Your Husband From Strange Women / Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / 9 Baby Names Banned By Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.