Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait (22973 Views)

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2021
bigcee:

or ASPD
No that entails psychopathy and op doesn't sound manipulative, just violent.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Ujahson85(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

Read "Quiet: The Power of Introvert in a World That can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain"
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2021
Introversion is not bad, in fact it could be powerful, depends on how you use it.

Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by lukui: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2021
nothing bad witb being an introvert

i am introvert too

its not a disease, you just have to live with it, i have went to leadership sch, before i cant even face crowd to talk, i will be shivering and stammering, but now GLORY TO GOD

Focus on SWOT, your strength, and not your weakness, and dont be beaten by what people say, even JESUS CHRIST AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD as holy as they are have their weaknesses, use devils style for anyone threatening you, that is carefully observe them and pinpoint their weakness, everyone have his or her own for body,

also motivate yourself , join a club not cult oo, football club, association, spend time with friends and family, stay less indoors , ENJOY YOURSELF

3 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by bluefilm: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

Why not have yourself a Molotov cocktail?
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2021
I usually go to introversion mode when i need to learn a lot, i love introversion time, when i just want to expand my consciousness, and i don't need noise from people, or their minor squabbles or contentions.

For me introversion was an adaptation, which helps me reflect and grow outside the social noise, but i have learned to balance it, one cannot stay too much in the introversion mode, you need others or a feedback loop. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Introversion is a gift, that should be understood.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by cluewebhost(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2021
You can be introverted and able to function socially.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by JastSiryin(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

You're are not suffering from introversion, trust me. I've been there. You need to sort out your emotional well being first. Like you hinted, you're still struggling to figure yourself out. You'll need to learn how to get out of your own way. Just relax, learn to really relax. I can't stress this enough. Alot of peeps think they know how to but they don't. There's a part of you that "knows" what to do but it constantly silenced by your ever rumbling thoughts. Try meditating bro, you'll be thanking me in a few weeks. Goodluck, and love yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by qtguru(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

I am an introvert and a coder, I've done almost a year mostly indoors. But I am more in tunes with the greens than my emotions, meaning if it is profitable for me to go out, I will. It's up to you. If there is nothing out there then I am indoors.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Onelove508: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2021
tayeloveme4rel:

sometimes

Must masturbators are introverts. Stop masturbation and more than half your problem is solved.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Ginaz(f): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2021
I'm an introvert and I love it. The inner peace ,I won't trade for anything. The o.p sucks but won't fix himself so he got to blame it on being an introvert.

To all introverts in the world, love and light to y'all. smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Erojepromise(f): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2021
Darkseid:
When people lack social skills, and suffer from social anxiety coupled with shyness, they'll come online to claim introverts. You're not an introvert, you just need therapy.

Exactly! the op lacks social skills and cannot inter relate with people socially and outside of the social environment. He needs to grow his inter personal relationship skills,self esteem plus boldness... you not an introvert because you tend to shy away from people no... don't misuse the word..

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nerro042: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2021
Darkseid:
When people lack social skills, and suffer from social anxiety coupled with shyness, they'll come online to claim introverts. You're not an introvert, you just need therapy.

Those things you just listed are what makes an introvert in my book. But you can educate me if you disagree.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by womenareapes1: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

shut up!

frustration and depression is just catching you

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by maximizer61(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
mine is even worst, introverted, depressed, shyness, and many other things, sometimes i question God why he created me this way. at my age i don't have any female friend not even 1..menh I'm just tired
always lonely

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SenecaTheYonger: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

You're not an introvert, you just have a mental illness, which I'm guessing is anxiety and nervousness. If anything, introverts are good at reading people than any other personality trait. They just enjoy their own company more. You can't be an introvert if you don't know yourself. Check for mental illness.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Erojepromise(f): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2021
cluewebhost:
You can be introverted and able to function socially.

true that l am an introvert but l do well socially....op should seek psychological help and evaluate his emotions, know what's wrong with him
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2021
debaj10:
most billionaires today were introverts, growing up.
most geniuses are introverts.
most novelists, same.
ur problem isn't being an introvert; it's lacking purpose.
find it and u will h8 disturbance! cheesy
also, stop being a narcissist-
laugh at urself and make others laugh.
(starting with ur family and ur only friend, lol).
cos whatever ur traits, only u can make u happy.
That guy is having mental crisis, that is not my beloved introverted state of bliss

4 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by shegzydave(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2021
Been an introvert is really something else, you will be too serious and people will not wanna come near you or socialize with u, and this will definitely lead to loneliness

5 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by tayeloveme4rel: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2021
Onelove508:

Must masturbators are introverts. Stop masturbation and more than half your problem is solved.

IT a hard task finding it difficult to to stop

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Benesis: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

As an extroverted introvert i know d feeling... But i learnt to voice out my feelings, n trust me, i hv been the happiest man i know...
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2021
jimmychang:
I am an introvert always quiet ,cold and shy ,always wanted my space embarassed...I wanted to change but it didn't end well ...I had to make another personality to cover up (the funny persona)...I can make you laugh and make jokes outside but seriously I just want you to shut the Bleep up,close your teeth and get out grin grin grin.

Introversion is power ...use it to your own benefit wink

Depression is not introversion abeggrin grin grin
hay Goddd
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nwaotu10(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2021
IDIGANLEBEH:
dude you need to fuck_!

Alaye grin grin
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2021
Onelove508:

Do you masturbate?!
please can you kindly tell us what masturbation has to do with this

We want to learn
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by bigcee(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2021
Mikecold:
please can you kindly tell us what masturbation has to do with this

We want to learn
You dey masturbate abi you no dey masturbate.

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2021
Nerro042:

Those things you just listed are what makes an introvert in my book. But you can educate me if you disagree.
I am in
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2021
bigcee:
You dey masturbate abi you no dey masturbate.
I dont
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by MedicH: 11:29am On Mar 13, 2021
I am an introvert and I so much love it. first people around me are always shocked by my small moves.

first was when I acquired my Lexus, before then I used to sit out with one group where we discuss, argue and laugh and I am usual cold in the discussion and always laughing.

the first day I parked by the roadside to join the convo all of them where shocked. I bought dtibkd for everyone and one of them said to me " guy so u be big man like this u go just sit down here with us like say u don't know what you're doing" I laughed

second was when they saw me in my building site, one of them repeated the same thing.

my question is. why do people think introverts don't know what they're doing?

also I get laid anytime I want. like now I already placed phone calls and I'm waiting for a knock on my door.

5 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by twosquare(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2021
Introverts are cool. I'm one. But we suck at social skills. An introvert can chart a 10-year course within 10 minutes and influence how things gonna be or even predict them and make it happen. That's who they are. Their power is in their foresight, imagination, and creative prowess.

About anger, as an introvert, I don't bottle it up. That's me. I only tell you I don't like it...not shouting and looking like an angry lion. If you insists, I avoid you, cause I hate it when people disturb my peace.

And I don't get angry easily because I've come to realise it's all vanity. Why should I get angry on things that may not be the person's fault sincerely? Therefore, I don't disturb myself on vain things. I'm at peace with myself (the Book of Proverbs taught me many things, and I will implore OP to master the book).

One thing about introverts is also their ability to pierce through into the business realm and rake in the dough silently, even in Nigeria, where people dey hustle like anything. An introvert will just be silent and be making money in another way. Let me just say, they are hardly held down by circumstances. They will think their way through.

If you are an introvert and you don't like some traits, work on it. It's not set in stone. You can switch.

*Theatrics is one of the best ways to have a headway in life.

.... Drops pen...

8 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2021
SeriouslySense:
I usually go to introversion mode when i need to learn a lot, i love introversion time, when i just want to expand my consciousness, and i don't need noise from people, or their minor squabbles or contentions.

For me introversion was an adaptation, which helps me reflect and grow outside the social noise, but i have learned to balance it, one cannot stay too much in the introversion mode, you need others or a feedback loop. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Introversion is a gift, that should be understood.
Yes there has to be a balance, even spiritually God prefers introverts.

God speaks mostly through dreams, he might not use a vocal physical voice.

It takes an introvert to sit and get the interpretation from God.

I am a firm believer that man is a spirit, the world is a spiritual cocoon beyond our mere eyes, this has saved me and my family from many issues.

Also i have the gift of reading someone and knowing their true selves beyond the deceit

I can actually look at an opportunity and Know it's potentials and future limits

4 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Banter1(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
I want to be left alone but who survives alone?
same I feel
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2021
Onelove508:

What rubbish comment? How does stopping masturbation solve introversion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc / Sexkillz Must Go!! / What's That Argument You Can Never Involve Yourself In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.