Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait (22972 Views)

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Mkingz(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
Find your purpose bro..Only then will you be happy...As for female friends lol,there’s social media for you
maximizer61:
mine is even worst, introverted, depressed, shyness, and many other things, sometimes i question God why he created me this way. at my age i don't have any female friend not even 1..menh I'm just tired
always lonely
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by DamianBriel(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
H[quote author=dake40 post=99843811]Introversion sucks when you have no purpose.

"A problem defined is half solved "

What have you done to help yourself?

I'm an introvert too and a core one at that, i could stay indoors for months without seeing the daylight. [Since i have what i needed for survival]

My social life got worse and it was really affecting my esteem, i had no choice than to switch some traits

I work on the internet though [fiverr] and this contributed to my loneliness but i got it figured out since i started doing these

1. Registered at a nearby gym. Trust me, you will learn how to socialize [it helps], i make gym friends and trust me, i regretted not doing that earlier.

But be careful who you deal with, i only make gym friends, it takes several proofs and convictions before i could make "normal normal " friends. I'm that bad and i do not regret it

2. Freelancing friends

I have lots of them, depending on the nature of what you do, there are similar minded people you can interact with, trust me, you will feel comfortable conversing with someone with similar interests

You could find them online within your locals

This helps so so well

3. Game. I love Play station,only God know the number of people i have had playing games with them. Find what you love doing, man, you will find people who will like you and want to interact with you.

Recently, i have been thinking of including other sport (basketball on Saturday)

Im enjoying my introversion and i love it that way.

Bottling Emotions

I used to do that alot trust me, some people are good at seeing your weak points will use that against you

When you keep mute toward expressing your feelings, some people think you are foolish

see man, regardless of your temperament, there are always things to fix. Nobody is perfect, not even the extroverts.

I usually make my feelings known to anyone around me and will always let them know i love my space no matter what, and i should be treated with respect. Cos i will treat you the same.

I snub people easily, yes when i study you and realize you wont respect my space. I no like wahala. That doesnt mean i wont exchange greetings when necessary.

Start today, start letting people know what makes you feel bad, dont let them step on your toes.

Introversion is cool when you have principles.

I'm not perfect, I keep learning and improving

Thanks for sharing your wealth of experience with our community. Working out at the gym has helped me improve in so many areas too.

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by CALCULUS16: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
I am highly introverted
My introvertishness comes with strong timidity embarassed though very brilliant especially at maths and other sciences, I'm very gentle, for every gentle guy u see, there is a battle going on between his subconscious and his own consciousness, between his will and the genetic or environmental programming of his mind
I don't smile cos I am fighting with my inner man, introvertishness also come with fear, i am the most fearful person when it comes to talking before people , meeting new people, voicing my opinion out, etc
But I'm the most kind and caring, only those who know me very close know this
I read several book on cognitive science, psychology, philosophy of mind, temperaments, etc even I went deep into spiritual aspect of it too
I prayed on mountains, in the secret places and in the Bush thinking a miracle would occur
But nothing was changed, until I started applying the knowledge I have garnered so far and I see that, heaven and hell is in our head,,,,, our mind is a miniature representation of the heaven and hell manifesting in this world with each person living in and with it
I studied Indian mystic, yoga and I listened to swamiji with the aim of conquering the mind too, I see that the mind is a place of its own, those who are extrovert are really living in heaven while those who are shy are living in the hell, cos most timid people do not enjoy the world the way they want, they are mostly with low self esteem, and some have personality disorder.
I have conquered my shyness a bit with the help of God but its not an easy job,
We gat a whole lot of strength within us, we are divine masterpiece that need to know and understand who we are, by seeing ourself in everyone you see , we develop cosmic love that conquer the hellish kind of mind that we carry with this *changing and aging mask * we carry about, remember this , this changing and aging mask is a cosmic design to put some in bondage , especially the introvert, but once we go deeper to the root of our being , and really found out who we are, our personality will changed , I must tell you the truth, life is boring when one is an introvert, but we need to work on ourselves

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Karleb(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

This is the truth. Introversion is actually bad. People say they love it and all; maybe because they can't do anything about or they keep failing at doing something about it hence the acceptance and funny love for it.

Introversion comes with low self esteem, shyness, social anxiety and all forms of abnormal traits. There is also this fear of missing out and overthinking.

I'm not saying extroversion is the answer but being an ambivert is way better than being an introvert.

For most people, introversion sucks. That's the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by charleybam(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
Learn how to forgive people inside out through meditation,every morning when you wake,do a forgiveness practice,forgive whoever has done you wrong and also forgive your self for having some grudge towards another,do this as a daily practice after waking up and watch yourself grow as a human, authentic self,free from dysfunctional personalities that you are trying so hard to let go and do a prayer of gratitude after that.. you will surely love the quality of your life at the long run
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by MrMacinterchi1: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
IDIGANLEBEH:
dude you need to fuck_!
lol
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Sirwallace(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
Darkseid:
When people lack social skills, and suffer from social anxiety coupled with shyness, they'll come online to claim introverts. You're not an introvert, you just need therapy.

Dude I am an introvert. but trust me you have to be extremely intelligent to beat me at any social discuss or engagement in public.

I went for an interview sometimes ago, the so called woke and extrovert are a disgrace of graduates who don't know how to communicate in formal social environment.

I can come out of my introversion and beat you at your extroversion if I feel like.

4 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by blazepascal(m): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You are a very funny guy grin grin grin
tongue
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Roman7(m): 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
Darkseid:
When people lack social skills, and suffer from social anxiety coupled with shyness, they'll come online to claim introverts. You're not an introvert, you just need therapy.

God bless you jare...I just hate how some people paint introversion like it's the worst thing to happen to someone.... meanwhile they've got some personal development to do.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Roman7(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
CALCULUS16:
I am highly introverted
My introvertishness comes with strong timidity embarassed though very brilliant especially at maths and other sciences, I'm very gentle, for every gentle guy u see, there is a battle going on between his subconscious and his own consciousness, between his will and the genetic or environmental programming of his mind
I don't smile cos I am fighting with my inner man, introvertishness also come with fear, i am the most fearful person when it comes to talking before people , meeting new people, voicing my opinion out, etc
But I'm the most kind and caring, only those who know me very close know this
I read several book on cognitive science, psychology, philosophy of mind, temperaments, etc even I went deep into spiritual aspect of it too
I prayed on mountains, in the secret places and in the Bush thinking a miracle would occur
But nothing was changed, until I started applying the knowledge I have garnered so far and I see that, heaven and hell is in our head,,,,, our mind is a miniature representation of the heaven and hell manifesting in this world with each person living in and with it
I studied Indian mystic, yoga and I listened to swamiji with the aim of conquering the mind too, I see that the mind is a place of its own, those who are extrovert are really living in heaven while those who are introvert are living in the hell, cos most introvert do not enjoy the world the way they want, they are mostly with low self esteem, and some have personality disorder.
I have conquered my introvertishness a bit with the help of God but its not an easy job,
We gat a whole lot of strength within us, we are divine masterpiece that need to know and understand who we are, by seeing ourself in everyone you see , we develop cosmic love that conquer the hellish kind of mind that we carry with this *changing and aging mask * we carry about, remember this , this changing and aging mask is a cosmic design to put some in bondage , especially the introvert, but once we go deeper to the root of our being , and really found out who we are, our personality will changed , I must tell you the truth, life is boring when one is an introvert, but we need to work on ourselves

I'm sorry, you were never an introvert...you were just shy n timid and what have you.....,.you can't change your personality if you're introvert u can't become an extrovert never....the only thing u can do is to be more out goin and dat doesn't make you an extrovert..... introversion is just about you needing alone time to recharge, stop all this foolish takes about introversion pls.......alot of extroverts are like what u just painted above if you don't know......alot of entertainers are introverts.....so I don't get where all these idea of introvert living in hell n extrovert living in heaven really come from.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Hahjascho(m): 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
@Goodlyhrt, how dare you rubbish a great divine gift.

The only issue you have is not being informed rightly. Getting rightly informed opens doors to self discovery, a key way to self development.

Have you not seen an extrovert which seems not to be insecure about his own qualities? They exist.

This should tell you that no one can make you secure whether being introverted or extroverted. It all lies on you.

Make deep research on the benefits of being an introvert and how to make the best use of it, then start experiencing the wonder of self discovery.

Everything you need is inside a book. Read the right books.

3 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by MAMMAN777(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

You just needs to start learning some social skills by relating with others, as times goes on you will understand and be able to take control of everything but always remember don't try to be perfect because perfectionalism paralizes you.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2021
OneKinGuy:

That's what they use to deceive themselves. Being an intorvet is the same as being dumb shy and it's a very bad attitude.
undecidedundecided I don't have time to argue with stupid people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2021
Karleb:

This is the truth. Introversion is actually bad. People say they love it and all; maybe because they can't do anything about or they keep failing at doing something about it hence the acceptance and funny love for it.

Introversion comes with low self esteem, shyness, social anxiety and all forms of abnormal traits. There is also this fear of missing out and overthinking.

I'm not saying extroversion is the answer but being an ambivert is way better than being an introvert.

For most people, introversion sucks. That's the truth!
That is not introversion for fcks sakes that is a bloody mental disorder you just described there, see what I mean when i say that Nigerians don't know when and where to use a word.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Karleb(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2021
SegFault:

That is not introversion for fcks sakes that is a bloody mental disorder you just described there, see what I mean when i say that Nigerians don't know when and where to use a word.

Mental disorder you say, which is common with Introverts. Most ambi or extros don't have these problems.

If it smells like a fish...
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Karleb(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2021
Hahjascho:
@Goodlyhrt, how dare you rubbish a great divine gift.

The only issue you have is not being informed rightly. Getting rightly informed opens doors to self discovery, a key way to self development.

Have you not seen an extrovert which seems not to be insecure about his own qualities? They exist.

This should tell you that no one can make you secure whether being introverted or extroverted. It all lies on you.

Make deep research on the benefits of being an introvert and how to make the best use of it, then start experiencing the wonder of self discovery.

Everything you need is inside a book. Read the right books.

Is it by force? He does not want "the gift".
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Stedygrowth: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2021
Your problem has nothing to do with you being an introvert, it's more of you not knowing Who you are.
To start with, I'm an introvert and I love it to the core. Why? Because I know me so much that I can't help, but fall in love with myself.
You're not an introvert for no reason. You were born with a definite purpose and everything about you is a clue to understanding that purpose. The problem is that you have been trying to be like others that you forgot Who you are; this is known as personality crisis.
l will suggest that you start learning about you.
Try to know more about yourself by reading books that deals more on human nature.
Books like mastery by Robert Grene, the laws of human nature, by the same author.
In conclusion, introvert is an asset to those who can use it. In your case, you have it, but you don't know how to use it. just learn it.
I wish you the best in your journey.
DISCOVER YOURSELF!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by CALCULUS16: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Roman7:

I'm sorry, you were never an introvert...you were just shy n timid and what have you.....,.you can't change your personality if you're introvert u can't become an extrovert never....the only thing u can do is to be more out goin and dat doesn't make you an extrovert..... introversion is just about you needing alone time to recharge, stop all this foolish takes about introversion pls.......alot of extroverts are like what u just painted above if you don't know......alot of entertainers are introverts.....so I don't get where all these idea of introvert living in hell n extrovert living in heaven really come from.
you are right both on the introverts and the timid part, i just wrote that figuratively, hell and heaven I used there were just the description of what I think people experience within base on their soulical or genetic make up, i know most inventors, scientists and some entertainers are introvert, but an introvert which grows in an environment that doesn't help the matter will surely be shy, and shyness is the thing of the subconscious, I know it's not all introvert are timid , some just enjoy being alone,

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
Karleb:

Mental disorder you say, which is common with Introverts. Most ambi or extros don't have these problems.
If it smells like a fish...
Bullshit. Please cite your sources from where you got the bolded, there is a difference between anti social behaviour and introversion.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Karleb(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
SegFault:

Bullshit. Please cite your sources from where you got the bolded, there is a difference between anti social behaviour and introversion.

I don't need any article to explain and talk about what I've witnessed here on nairaland and in real life.

Introversion and anti social behavior are like 5 and 6.

Ambiversion, extroversion and anti social behavior are like day and night.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by sammysmiles(m): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:
I'm an introvert.

I compose my own music.
I play the violin.
I play the piano.
I teach Maths, Physics, Furthermaths, Chemistry, Biology.
I've written lots of poems.
I speak flawlessly most of the time.

I smile a lot. I love being alone.

I'm presently trying to create my own animations and understand the science of complex human motion.

I just feel like I can go on knowing, knowing and knowing.
Guy, one song dey hard me play for piano..
You fit help me?
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by flamingREED(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
sammysmiles:
Guy, one song dey hard me play for piano..
You fit help me?
Which one, Sir?
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by sammysmiles(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:
Which one, Sir?
My testimony by Marvin Sapp...
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Karleb:

I don't need any article to explain and talk about what I've witnessed here on nairaland and in real life.

Introversion and anti social behavior are like 5 and 6.

Ambiversion, extroversion and anti social behavior are like day and night.
What you've seen in real life? So you've seen a psychopath or a sociopath before ehn. Okay no need arguing you can believe whatever you want to believe after all people believe in a god when they haven't seen one and there's next to no proof of one
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:
I'm an introvert.

I compose my own music.
I play the violin.
I play the piano.
I teach Maths, Physics, Furthermaths, Chemistry, Biology.
I've written lots of poems.
I speak flawlessly most of the time.

I smile a lot. I love being alone.

I'm presently trying to create my own animations and understand the science of complex human motion.

I just feel like I can go on knowing, knowing and knowing.
Wow, aren't violins expensive as hell.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by flamingREED(m): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
sammysmiles:
My testimony by Marvin Sapp...

Western and complex.
I hope I'll be able to create enough time for it.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by sammysmiles(m): 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:

Western and complex.
I hope I'll be able to create enough time for it.
Alright.... Thanks... It's jxt the initial stage that's giving me issues...

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Hahjascho(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Karleb:

Ok
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Hahjascho(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Karleb:

Ok
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by awulio(f): 3:49am On Mar 15, 2021
You lack purpose bro. I’m an introvert and I love my personality so much... I’m happy alone, I enjoy my own company. I hv found so many ways to hv fun alone.
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by yimnansunny: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

You have low self esteem, being an introvert is not a weakness, i am actually a very quiet person, i hardly talk with people or make friends, not that i am shy, but i talk once in a while when its necessary, i love the way i am and dont wish to be a talkative

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by oblaak(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
I think I’m among the world worst introverts but I just discovered that the more money you have, the more your introverted nature disappears. Money brings confidence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc / Sexkillz Must Go!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.