Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait (22961 Views)

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by DarkJeddi(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
Because the way I feel right now I want to punch a hole on the wall I don't care what becomes of my knuckles
You are depressed..
This is no introvertion..
Seek help for your mental health before you commit suicide..
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 13, 2021
I'm an introvert. I understand you well. You must try not to be 100% introvert if you don't want to be depressed or toxic
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2021
Mikecold:
I am an introvert, when i was in University alot of the extrovert listed me as top 10 most popular guys in department.

When i have a seminar or defense they all want to be there because my confidence and social skills is the best in the department

But i just get drained talking if it's not necessary or doesn't lead to something important

I always make sure i put in the work intellectually and otherwise that can take 11 persons, so i am never stranded
The way una dey misuse words self, I'm pretty sure that lots of people calling themselves introverts aren't introverts.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by MummyD2020(f): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2021
womenareapes1:
shut up!

frustration and depression is just catching you

Can you proffer a solution? Rather than shutting a grown ass man up. I just weak for some peeps here. No solution, no ways of improvement. Just utter insults and degrading words like you bought him the data. Gush!

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by 1EmmyKay: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2021
We introverts are rare gem. Well my own introvert is always on me when money no dey. I manage my space. Think straight and try to figure out what to do with my life. As I cant be broke and be laughing with others and social shit that might bring me into more problems if not guided properly. Yes introverts are highly intellectual most of our advance world inventions today are from introverted minds.

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by ManOfCompetence(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

you're not alone.....I feel I'm even worse than what you described... but I'm learning to be fluid...
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 13, 2021
SegFault:

The way una dey misuse words self, I'm pretty sure that lots of people calling themselves introverts aren't introverts.
I am an introvert, i am just saying my confidence of doing things and been uniquely different in a cool way got the extrovert so jealous they all started talking about me (hence the popularity)

When i am been given opportunity to speak in an official setting, i don't stammar or shy, i talk like i brought them there

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by GeneralPula: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
You become weird, you can't even figure your self out talk less of other people.

You lack social skills.. And people thought this is cool... Menh! Things could escalate quickly because you are keeping bootled emotions which is rather detrimental towords your relationship with other people.

This is just me and I hate this feeling. I could get so angry but you wouldn't know because I can't voice it out. I could kill!!

Somebody save me!

You lack whatever you lack cuz you lack them, not cuz you’re an introvert..

I’m an introvert and I’m living a good life..

Being an introvert is actually a blessing. Not so many people can stay and survive happily alone..

You won’t understand this until you become great or billionaire in life..

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by GiftedTitty: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
I don't know if this could also be called introversion, but I get depressed when I'm in a crowd or among people. Actually this is not a personality trait but a health issue, I lip read, and I can do that best when it involves just one person. Most times, when I'm with a groups of people conversing I badly want to join in the conversation but its quite impossible to read everyone's lips so i just bring out my phone and get myself busy. I would have called myself an extrovert trapped as an introvert but i have the bottling of emotions issue. I could be really mad at you and yet still keep talking to you like nothing ever happened, and most times the anger subsides.

I could be very outspoken on stage but that's where it ends, cos you wouldn't hear a word from me after that. Don't even know what to call myself, but if this is how introversion feels then it really sucks

3 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by BigSarah(f): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
Word, sometimes I wish I cAn be in public and not stop wishing I was under my duvet... Riddled with anxiety
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by toprealman: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
debaj10:
if ur comment is directed at d op-
are u aware that it constitutes cyberbullying?
stop being a low life.
I'm certain he is not talking about the OP
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Corroro: 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
I want to be left alone but who survives alone?
no one, I'm glad you know
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2021
I think maybe because your heart is open, this is why the creator can use you, it may not be due to been an introvert. Religious dogma tires me.

I think i prefer logical and explainable things than unexplainable ideas, although i have learned to observe the spiritual side, and i notice, some of my dreams may predict the future. But i don't know how spirituality works, so i only tend to be on an observational side, i think our brains are like antenna's they receive information which includes noise, so its good to know why you get some information, so you know whether its impressions from just an environment rather than outside the environment.

Everyone is has access to spiritual gifts, they just have to know this.

Mikecold:
Yes there has to be a balance, even spiritually God prefers introverts.

God speaks mostly through dreams, he might not use a vocal physical voice.

It takes an introvert to sit and get the interpretation from God.

I am a firm believer that man is a spirit, the world is a spiritual cocoon beyond our mere eyes, this has saved me and my family from many issues.

Also i have the gift of reading someone and knowing their true selves beyond the deceit

I can actually look at an opportunity and Know it's potentials and future limits
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by etzmiezbee(f): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
Not only u. The thing is damn tiring and I am no longer getting cool with it.

There are times I feel lonely but cos of this trait called Introvert, I just retire to my room and keep pressing my phone.
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Ugandatales: 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
debaj10:
most billionaires today were introverts, growing up.
most geniuses are introverts.
most novelists, same.
ur problem isn't being an introvert; it's lacking purpose.
find it and u will h8 disturbance! cheesy
also, stop being a narcissist-
laugh at urself and make others laugh.
(starting with ur family and ur only friend, lol).
cos whatever ur traits, only u can make u happy.

You have said it all. I'm an introvert, and when I found out my purpose of being g a novelist, I became very comfortable being an introvert.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by brainhgeek(m): 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

Very wrong assertion. Introverts dont have a messed up life more than other personality traits.
Yes,they are more of a.loner but that gives them the opportunity to think and birth something great.
All personality traits have their pros and cons. Understand you strengths and work on your weaknesses. Also find a way to socialize. Social media can help you

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Myer(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
debaj10:
most billionaires today were introverts, growing up.
most geniuses are introverts.
most novelists, same.
ur problem isn't being an introvert; it's lacking purpose.
find it and u will h8 disturbance! cheesy
also, stop being a narcissist-
laugh at urself and make others laugh.
(starting with ur family and ur only friend, lol).
cos whatever ur traits, only u can make u happy.

Apparently any intelligent person can deduce from this post that he's the lonely type of introvert.

He clearly wishes to change that.

Finding purpose is an abstract solution. A larger demographic of the world is still trying to figure out their purpose. I'm pretty sure that includes you.

Why not offer him a more practical and realistic solution.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Onelove508: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
Mikecold:
please can you kindly tell us what masturbation has to do with this

We want to learn
I don't need to tell u anything. You already appear biased, thus I can't convince u.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
SeriouslySense:
I think maybe because your heart is open, this is why the creator can use you, it may not be due to been an introvert. Religious dogma tires me.

I think i prefer logical and explainable things than unexplainable ideas, although i have learned to observe the spiritual side, and i notice, some of my dreams may predict the future. But i don't know how spirituality works, so i only tend to be on an observational side, i think our brains are like antenna's they receive information which includes noise, so its good to know why you get some information, so you know whether its impressions from just an environment rather than outside the environment.

Yes bro, this is not just noise signal,
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Onelove508: 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
SegFault:

What rubbish comment? How does stopping masturbation solve introversion.

You could still engage me without calling my comment 'rubbish' i wonder what you guys gain from Insulting someone needlessly.
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Onelove508: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
tayeloveme4rel:

IT a hard task finding it difficult to to stop

Yeah, it is difficult, but very possible. I quitted 6months ago.

Join this community!
Sexuality / Re: Masturbation Quitting Challenge Thread.

You will get help; I literally own them my six months streak. DON'T PROCASTINATE O
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
Okay, i think your love for your parents, attaches you to their welfare, this may be the reason why you have a strong spiritual connection to them.

I also can get information about people i love so much, or maybe something i am concerned about.

Sometimes, when i do wrong, i get a dream that warns me about my wrong, its scary and funny, i think its because of my duty to integrity, when i lack it, cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Mikecold:
Yes bro, this is not just noise signal,

I once slept by 8pm when i was in University (unlike me who sleeps 10, 11pm)

Just an hour into sleep i got a dream of unrest

(most times i am too tired to get up unless my body and soul concludes it is important)

As i got up immediately PHCN brought the light which they didn't for a long time (exactly why i slept early)

My spirit was certain it was very important i prayed to cancel that dream (instead of the TV i was coincidentally supposed to watch)

So i prayed, and my spirit told me to call my mom immediately, (I don't call except for weekend because talk drains me)

But i had to call her outside schedule, i asked about everything, she said fine, i asked specifically about my dad she said he is fine but not back yet (which was normal to my dad)

I asked if she was very sure, she insisted, so i hung up.

She was the one who called me 30minutes later that my dad was involved in an accident about the time we spoke

But he had miraculously survived

I do get other dreams and coincidences like this too

Many extrovert have any open heart to know things but are too distracted to pick up little signals
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Depressed101: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Somebody save me!

sorry bro.. introversion is bae, your case is simply a case of metal healthiness.
An introvert here, and I can assure you I am the object of emulation from friends.
Lack of basic social skills doesn't mean you are an introvert, you have to learn it,it doesn't come out of the box..

Infact being an introvert will save you alot of troubles in this world and also befit you and those around you via

Advance emotional intelligence.
great observational skills
Creativity and General brilliance

Try associate yourself with extroverted friends to gain knowledge of basic social interactions ( don't try to do like them,just pick that trait) I promise you will become the best version of you ..

1 Like

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Okay, i think your love for your parents, attaches you to their welfare, this may be the reason why you have a strong spiritual connection to them.

I also can get information about people i love so much, or maybe something i am concerned about.

Sometimes, when i do wrong, i get a dream that warns me about my wrong, its scary and funny, i think its because of my duty to integrity, when i lack it, cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Yes and not just my parents but those connected to me

Funny enough, the person concerned would also be sent that signal but they don't pick it.

Not Because they don't have an open heart to learn but they are not never in that calm state to receive it
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
Yes, He needs to interact with people, perhaps who are extroverts, that will help him appreciate his introversion and balance it.

He is having some challenges that he needs to study and learn, what it is and why it is.
Depressed101:
sorry bro.. introversion is bae, your case is simply a case of metal healthiness.
An introvert here, and I can assure you I am the object of emulation from friends.
Lack of basic social skills doesn't mean you are an introvert, you have to learn it,it doesn't come out of the box..

Infact being an introvert will save you alot of troubles in this world and also befit you and those around you via

Advance emotional intelligence.
great observational skills
Creativity and General brilliance

Try associate yourself with extroverted friends to gain knowledge of basic social interactions ( don't try to do like them,just pick that trait) I promise you will become the best version of you ..
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by SeriouslySense(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
Exactly, most people are not very observational or do not remember or study their experiences, or carried away.

Mikecold:
Yes and not just my parents but those connected to me

Funny enough, the person concerned would also be sent that signal but they don't pick it.

Not Because they don't have an open heart to learn but they are not never in that calm state to receive it

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by jelel6: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Mhen, are you really sure you know what you're talking about? Introverts don't lack social skills. There's a BIG difference between can't do and won't do. The former is about Ability while the latter Preference. Introverts just prefer to do things in small groups or have few friends. It doesn't mean they'll die around thousands of people or aren't able to lead, or be funny.

You seem to confuse introversion with shyness. The two are not the same and aren't linked.

But give introverts a break if they prefer not to engage in small talks. Some of us just arent cut out to analyse what Davido and Chioma did in WizKid's birthday bash or What Tonto Dike wore to a Nightclub. Those are all small talks and their likes constitute 90% of what people usually discuss in those 'social gatherings'.

Somebody save me!

You're sure just doing all you can to appear pitiable. And that's shameful

One time, I was in a gathering with a fellow cousin and she asked to use my phone to take pictures since it's clearer than her's. Unfortunately, when she returned the phone back to me the screen was terribly cracked. Apparently, as they were dancing somebody struck her hand and the device fell on the hard floor.

I was like, 'shiit, shiit, shiit. Damn it' I collected the phone and told her it's okay. I could see she was sorry and disappointed. So I encourage her to forget about it. Shit happens.

She actually told me a few weeks later she had expected me to be very angry and shout at her. That she kinda feel I was not being honest by telling her it was okay. I'm sure you'll say I bottled my anger and died in silence.

Of course, I was naturally not happy about my phone. But I rationalised that she didn't mean to damage my stuff. A mistake that could have happened even if the phone was in my hands.

So, do I have to call her careless, or stupid, or be emotional to show that I was not happy about my phone or not bottling anything up?

2 Likes

Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by maximizer61(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
shegzydave:
Been an introvert is really something else, you will be too serious and people will not wanna come near you or socialize with u, and this will definitely lead to loneliness
exactly, people thinks I'm too serious, so they don't near me
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Essence20(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
I do not think all you mentioned above are generally associated with introverts. You may have other issues
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Haywhypc: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
Essence20:
I do not think all you mentioned above are generally associated with introverts. You may have other issues

Nigga that sounds so absurd! ....No?
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by abbey621(m): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
Stop confusing being introvert with being depressed or suffering from chronic anxiety. Most Nigerian introverts are just people frustrated due to lack of opportunity or resources. I have seen many people claim introvert only to travel out of the country and start balling. I have seen so called introverts suddenly turn into motivational speakers when they reached a certain status in their career/life, in fact I am an introvert by nature but when the success came with the exposure abroad, I discovered that what I called being introvert was just plain frustration, I no know how I became a talkative once dollars became involved grin grin grin
Re: Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait by Skinnythin: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Introversion is cool...

Listen to hard rock songs...

That's one way to get the anger out
Without damaging stuff...

As for depression... Nothing really matters...

This is life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc / Sexkillz Must Go!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.