Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me (9052 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Intend To Settle Down With / Nigerian Lady: I Am Ugly But My Vagina Is Tighter Than Those Of Beautiful Ladies / A Lady I Met On Facebook Gave Me HIV – Nigerian Man Shares Shocking Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lets be careful of those we intend to help. not all who ask for help needs help.

I am still a struggling young guy, but the little I make I share with those who doesn't have at all. that's my nature, and also I know what it is to be broke.

Last month, I came across a Lady's post on Facebook, that she needed 1k to survive for the weekend. I went through her profile and I noticed she's real.

Though, I was also broke, but I had 1600 in my account, so I reached out to her and sent her 1k as she requested.

she later chatted me up and sent her number to call and also appreciate my gesture.

we talked a lot and I got to know she lives in Benin city alone and sometimes spend days with her boyfriend who happens to be a fulltime broke yahoo boy.

I talked to her about the risk of living with someone who doesn't have a job and rather be involved in yahoo, and also I gave her samples of how desperate yahoo boys use their girls for ritual, but she defended him that he's not that type.

along the line, I learnt she had a skill, fashion design.

I discussed why she hasn't been using her skill to help herself grow, but she complained lack of funds to get a sewing machine and also that people don't sew clothes in Lagos

I told her about Lagos, and she seems interested. in fact, I told her my mom has a sewing machine that she doesn't use frequently, that I will discuss with her to release it.

she was happy, but said she doesn't know anyone to accommodate her in lag, but she has a friend who's married but not sure if she can accommodate her.

then I promised to help discuss with my mom and fiancee so that we can help her with accommodation and the sewing machine, and she seems glad about it.

I discussed with my mom and fiancee about it, and they agreed I bring her. my mom showed special interest in helping her in a little way she can afford when she heard her story.

I told her the latest development, then she asked when would come, I told her that anytime she likes, then she told me she doesn't have enough money for transportation to lag. she has only 2k while tfare would cost 5k, I promised to help her with 3k the following week, not that I have it, but I had faith I will get it for her.

Then two days after, she messaged me that she would be coming on Saturday(today) because she owes a lot of debt and they are threatening to embarrass her on sunday(tomorrow). I should help her send the 3k so she can start coming.

I struggled and fasted just to help her raise the 3k, so that she can start coming.
I also noticed my mom about the development.

ulcer almost killed me because i made sure I help her send the money yesterday evening, I didn't any healthy food because of the savings.

this morning, I sent her a message to know if she has started coming and she replied yes, that she's in the bus. few hours later, I didn't hear from her, I sent her another message to know where she has reached, but she read and didnt reply me.

meanwhile my mom was already worrying me about her situation. so I collected my mom phone to call her, to my greatest surprise was hearing loud music and noise in the background, immediately she heard my voice she cut and blocked my moms number and mine.

Before u bash me, know that she isn't the first I tried to help, some nairalanders can attest to this, because I am accommodating, both male and female. I took after my late father. because I believe God rewards those who have good heart.

I am not pained because she scammed me of the money I suffered for just to please and help her. if she had ask, I would have given her, but because she played and fooled me and including my mom, I am pained. that I don't think that will stop me from helping anyone else In future.

Modified: I have removed her pictures, and info. but this thread has made me realize I am more human than 70% of some guys on nairaland, because I had no bad intention towards her but some guys are here staying all sort of thrash because of their silly mentality.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Draslo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Omo ase ni e. If na your fellow guy, you go dey tell am cockk and bull.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by CaptainPrice1: 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
God has seen your pure heart. She lost a great opportunity just because of petty scam. God will surely reward you since your heart is clean towards her...

That Yahoo boyfriend of hers will surely use her for ritual...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by OlayemiAshraf(m): 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
Bruh.. you're a real nigga ..

The little you had,you still decided to give someone that needs....mehn I respect you...

As for the girl don't worry , they'll soon use her breast , her skull will be use to drink pap....

*Sip lean*

17 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2021
Draslo:
Omo ase ni e. If na your fellow guy, you go dey tell am cockk and bull.
I am sure u saw where I said I help both male and female. some guys here on nairaland live with me. stop saying shit

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
God has seen your pure heart. She lost a great opportunity just because of petty scam. God will surely reward you since your heart is clean towards her...

That Yahoo boyfriend of hers will surely use her for ritual...
amen to ur prayers

1 Like

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Bruh.. you're a real nigga ..

The little you had,you still decided to give someone that needs....mehn I respect you...

As for the girl don't worry , they'll soon use her breast , her skull will be use to drink pap....

*Sip lean*
lol.. she will definitely regret it at the long run
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by southernbelle(f): 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
God bless you and your family for all your efforts. This is why people are very wary when it comes to helping certain "helpless" people, to avoid regrets.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
Fear Edo girls

9 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
removed
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by FreeSpirited: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2021
So what should we do to your cock and bull story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2021
You're trying to help a stranger from Benin to Lagos

What if she comes and die in your house? what would you tell your neighbours or the police?

But let's be more realistic, try to limit the type of Good you do (I don't care if your Mr Nice guy attitude is hereditary)

People does not always pay good with good

And this is real life, what goes around does not always comes around (It might but it will be @fter a long time)

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
kelvinrhs:
You're trying to help a stranger from Benin to Lagos

What if she comes and die in your house? what would you tell your neighbours or the police?

But let's be more realistic, try to limit the type of Good you do (I don't care if your Mr Nice guy attitude is hereditary)

People does not always pay good with good

And this is real life, what goes around does not always comes around (It might but it will be @fter a long time)
i understand u.. thanks

3 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
removed
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by checkmatez: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2021
Girl head... you are interested in someone else girlfriend and spewing trash... this reverse psychology bullshit you think you are doing won't work on everyone... lied about involving your mum and about helping guys too, You are a small boy and I can see through you.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by punisha: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
I am only worried that aside being this broke, u have a fiancee....
bros, hmm....

25 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
checkmatez:
Girl head... you are interested in someone else girlfriend and spewing trash... this reverse psychology bullshit you think you are doing won't work on everyone... lied about involving your mum and about helping guys too, You are a small boy and I can see through you.
u think everyone would be like you..
just shut up and learn.
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
punisha:
I am only worried that aside being this broke, u have a fiancee....

bros, hmm....
and so? pls don't derail the thread
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by stanliwise(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
@Slimslimqq
Not everyone is good.
Also nice gesture are also a risk. it is a risk to act nicely, so you took the risk and then you lost.
it is part of life.

But my advice to you is this, next time help people with value.
From your story, the girl was only lacking money. You never mentioned places she has value except you mentioned she has a skill.

But at no point did you know anything about her kind of person. she was a complete stranger and you went in all out to place huge expectation on stranger.
Money was fine,
Advice her was going to a risky stretch
Saving up on hunger was going beyond normal

YOu actually acted abnormally in hope good things would come out, infact I am happy she left your over Samaritan attitude early enough. Else the disaster would have been much more painful

In other words,
"when dealing with strangers, always expect strange behaviours" - Stanliwise

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2021
stanliwise:
@Slimslimqq
Not everyone is good.
Also nice gesture are also a risk. it is a risk to act nicely, so you took the risk and then you lost.
it is part of life.

But my advice to you is this, next time help people with value.
From your story, the girl was only lacking money. You never mentioned places she has value except you mentioned she has a skill.

But at no point did you know anything about her kind of person.

In other words,
"when dealing with strangers, always expect strange behaviours" - Stanliwise
like u said I don't know much about her but I was only worried the kinda life she's living and I decided to help her leave the hell fire, atleast with the little help i offered her in Lagos, she can finally stand her ground in years to come rather than risking her life with a Yahoo boy.

thanks for these piece of advise

2 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by checkmatez: 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
u think everyone would be like you..
just shut up and learn.
you are running helter-skelter to send cash for a girl to come and be living with you... it irk me to see you adding your mum and fiancee which we know you made that up... you are an opportunist... what brought up her boyfriend is a full time yahooboy.. so we will be on your side, her pic must looks fresher than yours (that's what made you interested) ...you have children close to you daily that need help ..start from there...won't reply on this again but your psychological bullshit won't work.... Go and work and stop looking for someone to add to their suffering.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Donspicey: 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Such is life bro.....
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
checkmatez:
you are running helter-skelter to send cash for a girl to come and be living with you... it irk me to see you adding your mum and fiancee which we know you made that up... you are an opportunist... what brought up her boyfriend is a full time yahooboy.. so we will be on your side, her pic must looks fresher than yours (that's what made you interested) ..won't reply on this again but your psychological bullshit won't work.... Go and work and stop looking for someone to add to their suffering.
lol, just listen to yourself. u sound like a fool.
how possible can I accommodate her if I do not tell my family(my fiancee inclusive) ....I said it earlier, not everyone would be like or think like you. I won't quote u again. I hate fools.
I am sure u are a Yahoo boy self, that's why u sound so pained
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by stanliwise(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
like u said I don't know much about her but I was only worried the kinda life she's living and I decided to help her leave the hell fire, atleast with the little her offered her in Lagos, she can finally stand her ground in years to come rather than risking her life with a Yahoo boy
You actually had good intentions but remember

"Love is gonna get you killed,
Pride would be your death" - Kendrick Lamar

Not wanting to show love (pride) is death itself but also
showing love is a very risky thing and could kill you also, it is only better than pride because there is chance it could turn out positive, which was what you wanted.

Next time be realistic with the love you show, let people prove their worth before you press the pedal. Helping her with 1k as a stranger was fine.
But advising her about her yahoo boyfriend and saving up money for her with little or no information was a very big risk, I am happy you didn't go further than this before things turn sour

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
what if she thinks you're a ritualist that wants to harvest her skull?

I mean, you met her on Facebook, she can't be that trusting.

I'm not in support of some of her action too but you sef reason am.

you told her to leave benin and come to lagos that you'll be feeding her, accommodate her etc, pesin wey you no know.

you could've way billed the sewing machine to her instead of she coming to Lagos. what if she dies huh?

I know you only wanted to help and I commend you for that but guy this is Nigeria, 2021....

never ever loose guard in any form. .

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Xenry: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lesson learned, move on.
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
stanliwise:

You actually had good intentions but remember

"Love is gonna get you killed,
Pride would be your death" - Kendrick Lamar

Not wanting to show love (pride) is death itself but also
showing love is a very risky thing and you kill you also, it is only better than pride because there is chance it could turn out positive, which was what you wanted.

Next time be realistic with your the love you show, let people prove their worth before you press the pedal. Helping her with 1k as a stranger was fine.
But advising her about her yahoo boyfriend and saving up money for her with little or no information was a very big risk, I am happy you didn't go further than this before things turn sour
noted boss. thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
cchub:
what if she thinks you're a ritualist that wants to harvest her skull?

I mean, you met her on Facebook, she can't be that trusting.

I'm not in support of some of her action too but you sef reason am.

you told her to leave benin and come to lagos that you'll be feeding her, accommodate her etc, pesin wey you no know.

you could've way billed the sewing machine to her instead of she coming to Lagos. what if she dies huh?

I know you only wanted to help and I commend you for that buy guy this is nigeria, 2021.... never ever loose guard in any form. .
lol, u said it all. I think I over acted on her case. thanks

4 Likes

Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Slimslimqq: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
Xenry:
Lesson learned, move on.
sure...
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Nicepoker(m): 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
Benin girls and scam na 5&6.
Re: A Lady I Tried To Help Scammed Me by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Would you have sent the 1k, if it were a guy? undecided

Would you have stressed yourself, this much if na your fellow man need help?

You would have collected a loan from CBN to buy her sewing machine and shop. Ode!

You deserve to be scammed.

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Women / Can You Ever Sponsor Your Lover Abroad??? / Is She A Runs Gal Or Ashawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.