Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume (16177 Views)

Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency / 2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum / Wike: If Zoning Presidency To North Will Make PDP Win In 2023, I Support It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Senator Ali Ndume, Chairman Senate Committee on Army, has kicked against zoning the presidency to the North ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

The lawmaker told newsmen on Saturday that in the spirit of fairness, justice and equity, any part of the South should produce the next All Progressives Congress presidential candidate.

According to him, any attempt to zone the party’s presidential ticket to the North would be tantamount to third term after President Muhammad Buhari’s second term in office.

He said, “I’m against APC producing its presidential candidate from the North. The APC presidential candidate should come from the South. I have said it before and will still say it again that if we have a northerner as APC presidential candidate, to me, it is tantamount to third term, and it is not constitutional.

“The (APC) constitution says the president shall serve two terms, and we said then that the north should serve two terms.

“If you say the north should produce the presidential candidate again, it means you are going for third term, which is not fair and I believe in fairness, justice and equality.

“Let candidate from the south — and that means, south-south, southeast and south-west — clinch the ticket.

“For the southeast, let me say for example, you want to be the head of this house and you are calling for the division of the house, will it work?

“And I think the southeast needs to think about it. That is what is creating the rumour for the northerners to even say they want to be the president again. If you want to be president of Nigeria, you must believe in the unity of Nigeria. I support the candidate to come anywhere from the south.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/14/2023-zoning-presidency-to-north-will-mean-third-term-ndume/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Even northerners know that anytime their brother from the north becomes the president of nigeria, the country progress retrogressively

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Gandollaar(f): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
They say one thing in public but do another in private.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Kriss216: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gandollaar:
They say one thing in public but do another in private.
You know them vividly.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by tito44: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
If North try that nonsense, the whole Nigeria will cease to exist.

Born to rule parasites

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Jestin: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
No one should waste their energy because Osibanjo is our next President.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by JosephXavier: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
If the presidency is zoned to the North in 2023, trust me it won't last up to 2025 before Biafra and Oduduwa Republic emerges

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Bampeh: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
This Senator is a Democrat.

bampeh like his opinion
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by WiszyFraud: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
It‘s Dave Umahi and Babagana Zulum come 2023

cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by directonpc(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
Buhari 2023

Yusuf Buhari
#YouthLeadership
#notTooYoungToRun

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Simplyleo: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
Who is zoning presidency to the North?

APC is micro zoning its presidential ticket to the South West and that is what matters.

It could be recalled that recently, ipob lunatics have increased their presence on social media just to smear either Tinubu or Osinbajo who are the likely candidates to be fielded.

Even pdp is contemplating SW. Forget athifku, dat na usual ipob foolishness.

16 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
shocked

Even if the North rules from now till 2099 it won't still better the life of an average Northerner.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by merits(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
wink Is
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Igbankpa(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
I keep asking, should tribe or religion be a criterion for choosing a president? what happened to competence and capability.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by NwaNimo1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by fourboys: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
as funny as it sounds na pure Truth

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Soolmus: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Every Northerners agree to zone southward
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by onuman: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Justice and equity: let the two largest political parties zone their presidential candidates to the Southeast.

We did that in 1999 for equity and justice sakes when we all agreed to have OBJ and Falae, both from the SW, to flag the flags of the two largest political parties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by silvoclaira: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Avoid a partner having an affair outside your relationship sad
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by tuoyoojo(m): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
The way I am looking at this country. Imagine if the sides were reversed, if a southern president tried to pull this stunt. What the northern reaction would have been. Case study was obasanjo's third term bid.

By the way, in your heart of hearts.....
Do u really think that your vote would count in the next election

It is not those who go out to vote but those who count it that matters that determines electoral results.

In all fairness I pity the next administration because there would be almost nothing tangible to work with

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by OBALOLA55(m): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
grin

EXACTLY WHY LAMIDI AMOUDA SANGODELE AKA ALHAJI BOLA AHMED TINUBU ENDORSED RUGA YESTERDAY

YORUBA RONU
THINK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Mikelarteta(m): 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
I like it when I hear people sticking to the truth in the face of backlash and intimidation. He has said the truth. But why would any right thinking human even think of zoning presidency to the North in 2023?. These people think Nigeria is their own, Las Las the country go divide make everybody know their level.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by AzuNas: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
Alright. . . . . . . Ajie

Very true, fairness, equity and justice.

Abeg
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by fasho01(m): 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
That will definitely bring this failed contraption to an end.. A better outcome than the current system of 'one Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Nuelito: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by tiredoflife(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jestin:
No one should waste their energy because Osibanjo is our next President.

Na ur full village and ur family go put am there abi angry

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by moscobabs(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
PDP will bring Atiku again in 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Amaechi2023(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
“For the southeast, let me say for example, you want to be the head of this house and you are calling for the division of the house, will it work?

Atiku be like: PDP should forget Nyamri!! I got them by the ball sack..

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by osazsky(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
And so wat.i am from d south and will vote a northerner 10 times peovided he is an upgrade of buhari and tinubu.so cuz someone is from d west i should vote for him..mumu..irespective of tribe or religion if u are a diplomat and policy driven candidate u have my vote fools.u guys are d cause of our problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by Ayo2004: 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
They can zone it to the North for the next century,just give us somebody that will work angry
Fighting for leaders from our tribes without caring if they will perform or not is the most stupid thing to do,Northerners are suffering the most from a Northern president,of what use is zoning to the south when the southern president will still be controlled by Northern cabals If we are going to elect a southern president,let it be because he is worthy not because he is from our states
Tribalism is taking us backwards as it has eaten deep into our society and also religious foolishness..a friend of mine made a bad decision and now it is affecting his business,now,he is spending huge sums of money on alfas,pastors and herbalists who give him all sort of water,sopa and other useless materials,now he believes it is his village people when in fact,it is his brain affecting him,many diverse situations like this is causing Nigeria to move backwards

But what do I know?I'm just a child so my opinion will probably not make sense to some "supposed" adults

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Presidency To North Will Mean Third Term – Ndume by AwesomeStormy00(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
tito44:
If North try that nonsense, the whole Nigeria will cease to exist.

Born to rule parasites

It is their birth right to rule Nigeria. Even Zik that came first in election let Amadu Bello to be Prime Minister.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Strikes Partnership Deal For Industrial Park (pics) / "I Don’t Accept Gifts From People" - Aisha Buhari / Breaking: Photo Of Jubrin El Sudan Before Complete Cloning Operation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.