Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,773 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent (12521 Views)

Lawyer Sues FG, 12 Northern States For Sharing In VAT Realised From Alchohol / Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Fermat9: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Abi FG is mad ni
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by MadamExcellency: 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Simplyleo:
CAMA 2020- Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2020.

Pls how is CAN affected by whatever provision of this Act?

Okay, now

How is this case about churches?

The law as passed (some irrelevant sections) contravene the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria hence should be expunged from the amendment.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Tvoice: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
senteugene:
Christians dey go court? Think dey suppose leave everything for God

U need help, better wan.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Empiree: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
Christians do you think that a Christian Court should be established in Nigeria to try Christians according to Christian doctrine the way muslims have Sharia court to try muslims according to Islamic law? Like for Yes, Share for No
which Law are you gonna use?. New Testament doesn't have Rules and Regulations and Laws.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Sleekfingers: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Never4getU:
Why target a Christian organization for that matter, and at a time the Muslims are having a free day for Muslims while or religious body are worried to their panties??

Think about it!!!

oga , nobody is targeting the church? Go and read the act.....all these useless clerics, both muslims and xtians just like to dey whip up sentiments......and some idiots will fall for it,.......
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Musty112: 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Go to "saner climes" and adhere by their laws strictly and come down here to constitute to the "Insanity" by refusing to follow rules that would have made this "insane clime" a sane one.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Hundredfold4lif(m): 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
And all this churches are paying taxes in UK, US and Europe but will resist any urge of government interference in Africa

But what can we say? Their Islamic counterpart are worse and may start burning down everywhere if mosques are interfer by government

Islamic that is fighting over common school uniform what can't they do

Government should free all churches since the mosques are bigger than the government

CHURCHES IN UK AND USA ARE NOT PAYING TAXES!!!
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by shadeyinka(m): 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Okay, now

The average Christian is so myopic in thinking that until he finds himself in handcuffs and straight jackets, he doesn't know that he has been totally sold and enslaved!

How many mosques in Nigeria is registered with CAC?

1 Like

Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by 7lives: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
shadeyinka:

The average Christian is so myopic in thinking that until he finds himself in handcuffs and straight jackets, he doesn't know that he has been totally sold and enslaved!

How many mosques in Nigeria is registered with CAC?

Lo ba tan.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by truthstands01: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2021
I advice the FG under Gen. Buhari to stay clear of the affairs of the church. The church is the body of christ and as such should be higy respected. Any move to interfere in the affairs of the church by the FG will be heavily resisted by God Almighty and it could not go well with the government. Just stay away from church affairs.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Patrioticman007(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Okay, now

The cankerous of worms are always mongering for wars in this worm whole.
Thses rabble some interlopers & rabble rousers are making noise as if there is no single Christian in National Assembly, Corporate affairs commission & legal practice.
Where are the Christian jurist in our legal practice ?, for the cankerous are hell bent in dividing our country along religious line.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Angelmichael63: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2021
On this rock I will build my church and the gate of hell will not PREVAIL AGAINST IT.watch how NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WILL FAIL AND BE DEALT WITH ON THIS MATTER.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Akolawole(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
Never4getU:
Why target a Christian organization for that matter, and at a time the Muslims are having a free day for Muslims while or religious body are worried to their panties??

Think about it!!!

Muslim is inclusive
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by lionphil(m): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tolexander:
They are affected by the provision in the Act cos the GOs aren’t gonna have the usual absolute authority on their investments (Churches) and they can be removed by the Registrar General of CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission, not Christ Apostolic Church) if deemed fit

Just imagine such treachery! A Muslim will decide which GO will remain and which one will go. What an abomination! This thing must be stopped immediately. The fulanis want to complete their agenda by putting the church under their control.

God forbid!

1 Like

Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by kilonshele101(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:
There are security issues to be dealt with . Take your focus off the church. The givers are not complaining.

Same money used by the church for social amenities that is supposed to be your responsibility for the masses

Rccg building Roads Federal Government claiming the Cost. Oole gbogbo.

Winners building longer roads for the Citizens with same amount they claim they use for few kilometers.

My church last weekend sank a borehole for the community around our church and got it commissioned to commemorate Church's anniversary.

Those are some of the things Church money is being used for.

Our Pastors buying Jet?
Our headache not yours.

Is there any special focus on church? undecided

Is church the only institution in the list?
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
kilonshele101:

Is there any special focus on church? undecided

Is church the only institution in the list?

Even Buhari knows the church is the target.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by ajani68: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
Never4getU:

Think about it!!! When churches are donating 1billion naira each during Corona virus epidemic to the govt, they don't know then?.

Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by sapientia(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lol

I support FG
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Thelife: 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
Empiree:
which Law are you gonna use?. New Testament doesn't have Rules and Regulations and Laws.

still don't know what concern head slammer terrorist in Christian matters.
we are not talking about your sheria law that only affect the dumb poor islamic head slammers. foolish set of hypocrite.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by harjay1986: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
samwheel:

I don't think so, tribalism is worse.

Tribalism has low tempo compare to religion, Religion has done more damage than good to us as a nation,

have you try to get employed/ bid for contract in some top profile goverment parastata , if you dont belong to certain religion you are out automatically

if I dey lie go for am vacant of top position in NNPC, if you are not a MUSLIM, forget it even if you are ,capable than everyone religion will come to play you a chess

thats why if will take Nigeria another Century for us to achieve some basic things because our positioning are not base on merit rather than favouritism

a Muslim guy that only study Engineering in school will be made to head cbn while a Christian guy who has a better understanding about account will be force to work as engineer
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by luluman: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Okay, now

Are you daft? They have tactically included churches in areas they want to control. If you want to be on nairaland be intelligent now.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by buckeyemedia: 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kingspin:
There is stupidity in Buhari APC government.

To weaken the church for jihadist?

The body of CAN should not give an inch to bigot government from Aso Rock, Kwara, to Boko Haram or bandits.

Instead of developing the country these monkeys are busying playing religious card.

If you don't understand history and what is to come, you forever, Dumb.

The Deputy Speaker, Ahmed Wase just blocked land grabbing petition against herdsmen in Benue, you think he doesn't know what he is doing, herdsmen, Bandits and Boko Haram are government properties.
Otherwise how would somebody block such a sensitive petition?

Leave Christianity alone if your not of the church.
Shut up Illiterate, your blaming President Buhari for a law you made?
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Empiree: 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thelife:

still don't know what concern head slammer terrorist in Christian matters.
we are not talking about your sheria law that only affect the dumb poor islamic head slammers. foolish set of hypocrite.
Ki la gbe ki le ju?. I only asked question.. It is only a question.

Which Law are you going to use?. I didn't comment as a Muslim. I commented as a concerned NIGERIAN. So calm your nerves down and answer my question.

Your comment however truly shows how intolerant many of your Christians are.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Thelife: 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Empiree:
Ki la gbe ki le ju?. I only asked question.. It is only a question.

Which Law are you going to use?. I didn't comment as a Muslim. I commented as a concerned NIGERIAN. So calm your nerves down and answer my question.

Your comment however truly shows how intolerant many of your Christians are.

get the fvck off. if you like comment like a Buddhist, none of your concern with the law we are going to use, at least we won't be using the law that only have power to persecute the poor, smile.

at least we didn't ask you to sworn an oat before commenting on our issue. guess who is more tolerant here
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by authority2006(m): 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Zico5:
I don't even know the people ruling this country. Always coming out with bad ideas. None of this government ideas has been useful to the masses. Everyday with different story to enslave the masses. In fact, this government has done evil more than 16 year rule of PDP. May God have mercy

Just because they want more organisations to be transparent with their finances? How does this even affect you? They want Nigeria to be better but at the same time they want to continue doing things the same way they had been doing it for years!
I think you alone deserve to go back to the era where you need to spend 5 days at filling station and end up paying N300 per litre of adulterated fuel.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by authority2006(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
And all this churches are paying taxes in UK, US and Europe but will resist any urge of government interference in Africa

But what can we say? Their Islamic counterpart are worse and may start burning down everywhere if mosques are interfer by government

Islamic that is fighting over common school uniform what can't they do

Government should free all churches since the mosques are bigger than the government

The law is not meant for churches alone but many organisations including mosques. Why are you people like this for God's sake?
And about the school uniform, you guys, Christians are the intolerant ones who hate seeing anyone covering their heads in Islamic way.
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Empiree: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thelife:

get the fvck off.
I can see this comment of yours is christlike. Keep it up. "Apostle" Paul must be proud of you.

at least we won't be using the law that only have power to persecute the poor, smile.
are you not already using the law that only prosecute the poor?. Is NIGERIAN constitution not one sided?. How many polithieficians and pastors prosecuted?. Remember your former CAN president.

at least we didn't ask you to sworn an oat before commenting on our issue. guess who is more tolerant here
this thread is in the front page and I have the right to comment on it. I don't know and I don't care to know which section or is. So here is my question again. Which Law are Christians gonna use?. Remember I never said you can not implement christian law. I only asked you which law your are going to use. You have the right to set up your own law according to your Bible, isn't?
Re: CAMA: CAN Sues FG, Asks Government Not To Interfere In Church Managenent by Champele(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2021
What are they afraid of? They want the free hand to continue deceiving their gulliable followers as usual. Crooks. The law of the land should and must be above them all. They can cry me a river. Ndi ori

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Usman: Obono–Obla Panel Stole $30,000 From My Residence – PEF GM Tells IGP / Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. / Governor Nasir El-Rufai With Kannywood Actors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.