Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP (28551 Views)

Satumari: North-East Will Vote For Northern Presidential Candidate / APC May Re-open Sale Of Forms To Allow More Northern Presidential Hopefuls / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2021
Las Las, na Republic of Northern Nigeria una go rule. Make una continue dey jonz unaselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Micmuzac: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2021
if PDP fields buhari or shekau st the elections she will loose, her best bet is south even APC can't confidently field a northerner as we speak but I'm not surprised it's still the Fulani round table agenda being espoused in various parties testing the waters and it's going to bury PDP finally, which is ok by the northern folks as long as they win

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Urfavouritegirl: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2021
We are watching

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by teemy(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
They want to give the ticket to Atiku. Even northern minorities including kanuris will not vote for a fulani man again talk more of the south. PDP is really underestimating their own foolishness.

Anything fulani now is a no go area. During the last election, the point of contention was the VP, and the concept of ibo in the area of power was yet to be received by all and PDP lost. Right now that the nation is brewing with the news of fulani all over, it will be a mistake if the northerner presented is atiku. Maybe another but certainly not a fulani.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2021
Even Buhari will support PDP just for a northerner,preferably a fulani,to succeed him !

Buhari is the last President of united Nigeria. As a people,Yoruba have left the useless country behind them. We are moving forward and no force on earth can stop us because ours is a divine mission !

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by pquaver(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2021
wwwihy:

Forget about APC , the topic here is PDP .... Don't rub it in....

Cowards that what they are. This is the bane of their problem. They leave the main problem and be looking for excuse. Instead of him to face who he served for 16 years who refused to settle him he is looking for a way to fight in another man shop who has no business with him. Ndi igbo we go dey alright laslas shebi Buhari has been our problem since 1960..make we continue we go see where e go take us

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Engryagulam(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2021
What I see here is political calculations.

APC are tight-lipped on where to zone their presidential ticket, I think they'll like to explore from the choices PDP will make in the coming months. As such APC will either zone their's to the SW or SE based on what will best give them a chance of retaining power.

As for PDP they'll try every means to reclaim power which will somehow be a rocket science. Hence the desperation
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by ScamHunter: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Bros Nigerians would accept anything,
If you are not ready to FIGHT then accept slavery in good faith,
The foolish people waiting for 2023 would be soooo disappointed because they won't get more than VP position,
The Fulanis desperately need to be president in 2023 so as to consolidate on all the lands they grabbed during Buhari's regime!
How seemingly educated people can't see it is amazing to me
You're an intelligent analyst. I tell people that no Southerner would get that presidency in 2023. Our people are so dull. Just the way we told them empowering APC in 2023 would be calamitous to natives. The SW thinks Fulani would give up on the inroad they've made so far without turning them to another. Benue-Plateau or even Southern Kaduna. It'll take more than their present response to stop the Marauders. Until Southerners understand and develop proper response, they stand no chance in this country. Both PDP and APC are firmly in Fulani control. Both or one party would present a Fulani. The one that doesn't is just a strategy to make Nigerians feel it is a fair contest. All north will back the party with Fulani candidate even if it's PDP and the agenda continues until natives buy sense.

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Donedeal1(m): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2021
In that case the position of Gov Woke is the best, sorry for a torn Umbrella.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://www.independent.ng/why-we-prefer-northern-presidential-candidate-in-2023-pdp/

Another 8 years of Fulani rule??

I hope these idiots know that means a simple continuation of the Fulanization drive started by Buhari

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by twosquare(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2021
It is a pity many don't know what is coming or take it seriously. US already warned about this banditry issue. Now, see where we are.

The faster the cancer is cut off and everyone goes their way quietly, the better.

Na all these church goers wey no know whatsup I pity pass
OneTemplate:

Absolutely. Regardless of problems groups in the South have with each other, the thinking "let North rule forever rather than this region have it" is not tenable as it surely means the death and destruction of us all. Nigeria is going down fast and ensuring the South is as troubled as the North, eventually, will surely be the plans of some Northern leaders. They are wicked like that and are the same people sponsoring terrorism, death, banditry and mass kidnapping against their own people and children.

In case some Southerners are ignorant of the development, the USA has just warned us they [b]ISIS and AL Qaeda [/b]are planning to terrorize Southern Nigeria. Ordinarily this news would not cripple the mind, as there are ways Nigeria can protect herself, but under this government or any other Northern one we are all toast if ISIS and ALQaeda have evil designs on the South.

If only for the sake of self-preservation, and not even principle, all Southerners should vehemently stand against any plans for a Northern Presidency in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by moufan: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2021
MajesticKris:
That's if Nigerians remain speechless...
You guy's think we are fools Bahh...

No wahala we are waiting for that 2023...

and what are you going to do?? absolute nothing cos they know you're worthless
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by moufan: 9:46am On Mar 22, 2021
Formularcr7:
Asiwaju 2023
hahaha,who is this clown??
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by ScamHunter: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Bros Nigerians would accept anything,
If you are not ready to FIGHT then accept slavery in good faith,
The foolish people waiting for 2023 would be soooo disappointed because they won't get more than VP position,
The Fulanis desperately need to be president in 2023 so as to consolidate on all the lands they grabbed during Buhari's regime!
How seemingly educated people can't see it is amazing to me
You're an intelligent analyst. I tell people that no Southerner would get that presidency in 2023. Our people are so dull. Just the way we told them empowering APC in 2023 would be calamitous to natives. The SW thinks Fulani would give up on the inroad they've made so far without turning them to another. Benue-Plateau or even Southern Kaduna. It'll take more than their present response to stop the Marauders. Until Southerners understand and develop proper response, they stand no chance in this country. Both PDP and APC are firmly in Fulani control. Both or one party would present a Fulani. The one that doesn't is just a strategy to make Nigerians feel it is a fair contest. All north will back the party with Fulani candidate even if it's PDP and the agenda continues until natives buy sense. The people I pity are the Tinubu camp who have invested emotionally, financially and ethnically in 2023. Abiola would be a better scenario because at least the man contested and won. Tinubu won't smell there. Another disaster is that they're hoping that it would be the key to stop Fulani onslaught. That's a pipe dream. I have the feeling that any Fulani that Buhari would hand over to would also be sympathetic to their expansionist and land grabbing agenda. Some of us saw this prior 2015 but we never imagined it in this scale. I remember warning some Southern Kaduna and Benue folks backing Buhari in 2014 of the danger they'll put their people in. What I never envisaged was the audacity of the Fulani to attempt conquest of big tribes in this 21st Century.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by twosquare(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2021
You can't restructure a decayed system. Think about it. How many times have restructuring been called for since 1960? You will be surprised to find out the answer and the Fulanis stood against it. There was region in early 60s,but see where we are today.

The solution is for Nigeria to give birth to new nations. Independent countries should come out of her.

The truth is, which you and I know, the North will not agree to any restructuring that doesn't put it at an advantage over others. Just 2 weeks ago, a bill to restructure the armed forces was shut down by Northern law makers. And are you telling me they will agree to total one? You decide.

bjdon:
I will continue to beg SE and SW youths to extend the hand of friendship and cooperation to each other. Enough of the online insults and name calling. There is a common enemy on the horizon. The North. The North wants to completly dominate Nigeria. If the South remains divided, they will succede. The youths have the ability to change the direction of this country. You showed it during the EndSars protests. Southern Youths MUST unite now and call for total restructuring of the nation or no election in 2023 in the South. This is our last chance

3 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by yinchar(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2021
The South - Yeast people will still vote for their Aboki masters in PDP come rain and sunshine.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by focus7: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2021
PDP the igbos beloved party don't really give a damn about Igbo's. They are after gaining power not minding being fair to igbos even if that power will enslave Nigerians to the Fulanization of the country by the north.

Umahi is after all vindicated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by CSTRR: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2021
The South East should make them pay.

And make them pay horibbly.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by CSTRR: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2021
focus7:
PDP the igbos beloved party don't really give a damn about Igbo's. They are after gaining power not minding being fair to igbos even if that power will enslave Nigerians to the Fulanization of the country by the north.

Umahi is after all vindicated
He is vindicated.

That is the bitter Truth.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by BSdetector: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2021
wwwihy:

Bros forget all those noise...they are the making of opposition, media and politicians that loose out from the power equation. We know there are challenges of insecurity but the most favoured Region in Nigeria in terms of development under Buhari is South West. What South West is getting under Buhari, we never had 10% of it under Obasanjo....

Walahi ode ni e..... you're a big fool and probably an Aboki somewhere in kastina.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by emmygod: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
the more you think of Nigeria the more you enslave your life. Woes to the the southern leaders who doesn't understand the political calculation the Fulani's

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by bjdon: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2021
twosquare:
You can't restructure a decayed system. Think about it. How many times have restructuring been called for since 1960? You will be surprised to find out the answer and the Fulanis stood against it. There was region in early 60s,but see where we are today.

The solution is for Nigeria to give birth to new nations. Independent countries should come out of her.

The truth is, which you and I know, the North will not agree to any restructuring that doesn't put it at an advantage over others. Just 2 weeks ago, a bill to restructure the armed forces was shut down by Northern law makers. And are you telling me they will agree to total one? You decide.

My brother the arrogance of the North is only made possible by the disunity in the South. If we can unite and also reach out to our brothers in the middle belt, we can then DEMAND the type of restructuring we want and if the NEand NW refuse, they can go and form their own by themselves We HAVE the power, we have just allowed petty grievances and historical grudges keep us divided for decades.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by selemempe: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2021
Rugaria:
All these will lead to a split. Those who want to govern perpetually will then have their countries to govern non stop. Any spurious attempt to get the north, under any guise to continue post 2023 is nothing but a laughable attempt at internal colonialism..
I support the PDP on this. The reason is simple, the only reason why it seems only Igbos want out of Nigeria is because yorubas have generally been carried along by the north. If a northerner should replace buhari, it's a massive propaganda boost for Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by oluwaahmed: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2021
As long as Nigeria remains the way it is, the north will continue to rule while the south struggle for VP. This is the end game that Tinubu dis not see. He won the battle but lost the war and the entire South became collateral damage. There is no way a southerner will emerge president after 2023. Maybe 2031 cos the north will want to consolidate on power and spread terrorism over the south so they can cash out from security funds. South wake up

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by goaldynboy: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2021
wwwihy:

Bros forget all those noise...they are the making of opposition, media and politicians that loose out from the power equation. We know there are challenges of insecurity but the most favoured Region in Nigeria in terms of development under Buhari is South West. What South West is getting under Buhari, we never had 10% of it under Obasanjo....

Like what and what were you favoured in southwest?!!

I know you will say Railway! Apart from railway, what else? Hunger, killings, refugees in Benin republic?!
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Bluntemperor: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Igbos come and listen

Heh, ' the South used 13 years of PDP in power' Biko,I'm not understanding o!
You know that Wike has said it and is being confirmed by self appointed Committee.
Just look at the ridiculous calculation of how to scheme people out.Shame!
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by supereagle(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2021
Tinubu shine your eyes.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by longifilis(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2021
Omo... Nigeria politics be like a bouncing baby boy who doesn't know how to express his feeling than to be crying....

Finger crossed....

Politicking had begun their dubious attitudes and deadly strategies,there shall be no rest for a wicked and ackward fellow

God be praised
His Will would be done
Nigeria is blessed

#2023Nigeriaelection#
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by mukthar2000(m): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2021
wahala be like bicycle, Government of the northerns by the northerns and for the northerns.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by BSdetector: 10:35am On Mar 22, 2021
bjdon:

My brother the arrogance of the North is only made possible by the disunity in the South. If we can unite and also reach out to our brothers in the middle belt, we can then DEMAND the type of restructuring we want and if the NEand NW refuse, they can go and form their own by themselves We HAVE the power, we have just allowed petty grievances and historical grudges keep us divided for decades.

Historically speaking it's a matter of huge distrust between Yoruba's and igbos, I as a Yoruba would find it highly difficult to trust an Igbo man considering the pre and post independent activities of zik and tbh the igbos constantly blame the Yoruba's for supporting fulani's when historically speaking they've supported every northerner from abacha, balewa, tofa and a host of others.....anyone with a good memory would remember how it was majorly igbos and their islamophobic propaganda that voted and were against MKO. And even the obasanjo they keep parroting about was a compensation for June 12 and obj wasn't even the choice of most Yoruba's it was falae. Most of our liberal yoruba parents during the civil war kept and maintained the houses of some of their igbo friends during the war which helped most of them resettle back in lagos something which even some of their close relatives in rivers and SS didn't do for them, wike who was one their hero is known that his father made a bulk of his money from selling houses which belongs to igbos but to most of this Igbos Yoruba are the enemy, they talk about how Awolowo offered them £20(worth £500 in today's money) they call him a devil. How many northerners even offered such idea. You add to that their islamophobic and nazi like attitudes and you'd see why a southern unity can never happen. Fulani's may be a wild beast animal, but the only difference between the fulani and the igbo man is that one is just angry that they aren't the oppressors.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by wwwihy: 10:37am On Mar 22, 2021
BSdetector:

Historically speaking it's a matter of huge distrust between Yoruba's and igbos, I as a Yoruba would find it highly difficult to trust an Igbo man considering the pre and post independent activities of zik and tbh the igbos constantly blame the Yoruba's for supporting fulani's when historically speaking they've supported every northerner from abacha, balewa, tofa and a host of others.....anyone with a good memory would remember how it was majorly igbos and their islamophobic propaganda that voted and were against MKO. And even the obasanjo they keep parroting about was a compensation for June 12 and obj wasn't even the choice of most Yoruba's it was falae. Most of our liberal yoruba parents during the civil war kept and maintained the houses of some of their igbo friends during the war which helped most of them resettle back in lagos something which even some of their close relatives in rivers and SS didn't do for them, wike who was one their hero is known that his father made a bulk of his money from selling houses which belongs to igbos but to most of this Igbos Yoruba are the enemy, they talk about how Awolowo offered them £20(worth £500 in today's money) they call him a devil. How many northerners even offered such idea. You add to that their islamophobic and nazi like attitudes and you'd see why a southern unity can never happen. Fulani's may be a wild beast animal, but the only difference between the fulani and the igbo man is that one is just angry that they aren't the oppressors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnapped Alwan Ali-Hassan Regains Freedom From Terrorists / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur / Don’t Use Force Against Boko Haram/insurgents, Borno Gov Begs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.