Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,145 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP (28540 Views)

Satumari: North-East Will Vote For Northern Presidential Candidate / APC May Re-open Sale Of Forms To Allow More Northern Presidential Hopefuls / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by salam8528: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Bros Nigerians would accept anything,
If you are not ready to FIGHT then accept slavery in good faith,
The foolish people waiting for 2023 would be soooo disappointed because they won't get more than VP position,
The Fulanis desperately need to be president in 2023 so as to consolidate on all the lands they grabbed during Buhari's regime!
How seemingly educated people can't see it is amazing to me
pls can u Name the lands they grabbed?

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
salam8528:
pls can u Name the lands they grabbed?

It's too late for these senseless denials,
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Rugaria: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
authority2006:

Lol. He even contested for the Senate, they rejected him.

Rugaria:

Ojukwu is not a monarch..
He wins or he looses.., nothing out of place there..
Much ado about nothing...
You guys should always resist the alluring temptation of using base politics to deify all sorts of characters, good or bad!
Right now, you all are pushing the candidacy of a notorious drug lord..
Every attempt is being made to establish this embarrassment as the iroko of south west politics.. I mean the dull looking, ten percent collecting, opolo eyes at burddillion.
It's called hero worshipping and it's the main reason we're all stuck with the Daurra Disaster as we speak...
Stop allowing clannish preferences to cloud your electoral choices...
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by bjdon: 7:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
gawu1:

Who are those your brothers in the middle belt? Is it the people of Niger State where the likes of former police IG who you people referred to as Hausa -Fulani and hated him through out his tenure comes from or the people of Nasarawa state where the present IG you hold with disdain too and call a Fulani comes from?
You are quick to call middle belt friends whenever it pleases you and to satisfy your political calculations, but will also be quick in identifying them as Hausa-fulani to underpin them whenever anyone from there secured honorable position you hope should go to you.

There are many in Benue and Plateau that will happily stand against the murderous Fulani savages. They are already in the furnace of that battle as we speak.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
gawu1:

The Atiku you had hoped for to rule you during the 2019 election was an inyameri?
However, even if power is shifting to South, certainly it destination can't be South East.

When faced with two evils, you try to go with the lesser.

Not palatable, but necessary.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Coolgent(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
They want to give the ticket to Atiku. Even northern minorities including kanuris will not vote for a fulani man again talk more of the south. PDP is really underestimating their own foolishness.

You are right.
So Governor Tambuwal is the answer.
I will vote for him as our next president
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by plaindealer: 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
OneTemplate:
Previously, as a Yoruba APC supporter who assumed Northerners are honorable, I would have said it is a PDP matter that does not concern me. With what APC is doing too I am now convinced it is really not about dedication to political Party for Northerners.

It is about holding on to power and thus control of Nigeria. The Behaviour of Buhari and other Northerners in the APC shows they are not honorable, just and equitable. They have no enduring commitment to the Party beyond what they want to use it to achieve.

Every Southerner should key into the idea of Nigeria separating. We should go our separate way than for a Northerner to lead Nigeria a day after Buhari's tenure ends.

Let us separate and renegotiate how we will all interact socio-economically in future as it appears that is the only way the North will be put in it's place so it it does not continue to drag all of us towards total paralysis or failure it is fast heading towards.

What's APC got to do with PDP topic and PDP's decision to zone to the North?

Are you serious at all.?

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
teemy:

Anything fulani now is a no go area. During the last election, the point of contention was the VP, and the concept of ibo in the area of power was yet to be received by all and PDP lost. Right now that the nation is brewing with the news of fulani all over, it will be a mistake if the northerner presented is atiku. Maybe another but certainly not a fulani.

It should not be a Northerner. Period. 8 unbroken years is good enough for them. Another Northerner, even if not Fulani, will always have his first allegiance to the North and thus his Fulani brothers. All that will simply mean another 8 years of misery Nigeria, without restructure and fundamental changes to the constitution, can surely not survive.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
plaindealer:

What's APC got to do with PDP topic and PDP's decision to zone to the North?

Are you serious at all.?

Listen, dont take me for one of those you insult here uncouthly and get away with such. My point is clear to all intelligent people who are genuinely stand up Nigerians, with balls, and not sectional loudmouths.

The announcement PDP prefers a Northern candidate combined with the shenanigans to scheme out the Tinubu camp in the APC hints at a desperation of the North to hold on to the Presidency in 2023.

Unlike you, Northerners are not differentiating between APC or PDP because their only interest is to retain power anyway possible and through any Party amenable to use for their ultimate goal of continuing to subjugate and hold back the rest of Nigeria.

Any genuine omoluabi should feel aggrieved by the injustice of what the North is attempting, because it is a conspiracy against all other Nigerians, rather than remain obdurately myopic by seeing things simplistically as strictly APC against PDP.

Cover all bases and you're sure to retain the control of Nigeria. That is the North's plan which Southerners should be aware of and do everything to resist otherwise we are all enroute to becoming Afhganistan, Syria or Iraq.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by plaindealer: 12:32am On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:

Listen, dont take me for one of those you insult here uncouthly and get away with such. My point is clear to all intelligent people who are genuinely stand up Nigerians, with balls, and not sectional loudmouths.

The announcement PDP prefers a Northern candidate combined with the shenanigans to scheme out the Tinubu camp in the APC hints at a desperation of the North to hold on to the Presidency in 2023.

Unlike you, Northerners are not differentiating between APC or PDP because their only interest is to retain power anyway possible and through any Party amenable to use for their ultimate goal of continuing to subjugate and hold back the rest of Nigeria.

Any genuine omoluabi should feel aggrieved by the injustice of what the North is attempting, because it is a conspiracy against all other Nigerians, rather than remain obdurately myopic by seeing things simplistically as strictly APC against PDP.

Cover all bases and you're sure to retain the control of Nigeria. That is the North's plan which Southerners should be aware of and do everything to resist otherwise we are all enroute to becoming Afhganistan, Syria or Iraq.

Why are you throwing tantrums and being defensive? Is asking if you are serious insulting? slow down, drink some cold water and stop hyperventilating.

Regardless of how your conspiracy theories about APC and Tinubu, the topic is PDP and the decision to zone to the North.

Your premise that this PDP decision undermines Tinubu and his camp is seriously flawed.

PDP is trying to win and they came up with the best path to success so what's that got to do with Tinubu and APC?

Wait and let APC come up with their own winning strategy before throwing tantrums with wild and flawed conspiracy theories.

Btw, shouting omoluabi and I'm Yoruba makes you sound lgbo.

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 23, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:
Even Buhari will support PDP just for a northerner,preferably a fulani,to succeed him !

Buhari is the last President of united Nigeria. As a people,Yoruba have left the useless country behind them. We are moving forward and no force on earth can stop us because ours is a divine mission !

Yorubas should certainly consider their options if another Northerner is President in 2023 because we are signing our own death warrant and inadvertently resigning ourselves to the fate of going down with Nigeria.

Buhari has made it crystal clear Nigeria cannot become truly great under a Northerner. No Northerner will touch the fundamentally unfair underpinnings of Nigeria because such favours them. This much every Southerner should know and appreciate by now.

What Zamfara did under PMB, using clever technicality to keep all proceeds of its gold mining, shows how unfair the North is willing to be in the attempt to control the wealth of Nigeria amid other glaring actions that has already given the region control of essential parastatals and armed forces of our nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/28/who-owns-zamfaras-gold/amp/

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 23, 2021
plaindealer:

Why are you throwing tantrums and being defensive? Is asking if you are serious insulting? slow down, drink some cold water and stop hyperventilating.

Regardless of how your conspiracy theories about APC and Tinubu, the topic is PDP and the decision to zone to the North.

Your premise that this PDP decision undermines Tinubu and his camp is seriously flawed.

PDP is trying to win and they came up with the best path to success so what's that got to do with Tinubu and APC?

Wait and let APC come up with their own winning strategy before throwing tantrums with wild and flawed conspiracy theories.

Btw, shouting omoluabi and I'm Yoruba makes you sound lgbo.

You should admit to not understanding people before rushing to attack them. That is not my 'premise' at all. My talk is not even about Tinubu per se. Tinubu only features as a feared Southerner in the way of the North's plan.

My point is that what we are dealing with is graver than Party politics now. It is a primordial fight of the North towards a parochial agenda they need more time ,in control of Nigeria, to achieve.

They are showing machiavellian brilliance wanting to secure both APC and PDP as sure and guaranteed routes to the actualisation of their agenda.

The South, as usual, is being blasé and watching rather than be up to speed checkmating all plans of the North and attempting to match them stride for stride. My 'premise' is precisely that it is time for Southern political leaders to see the big picture rather than let the North keep throwing bananas at us as if we are monkeys and blindsiding us with their APC vs PDP diversionary antics.

This is nothing but a desperate attempt of all Northerners, at a make or break junction in Nigeria's history, to retain power through any Party and by any means.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by plaindealer: 1:49am On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:

You should admit to not understanding people before rushing to attack them. That is not my 'premise' at all. My talk is not even about Tinubu per se. Tinubu only features as a feared Southerner in the way of the North's plan.

My point is that what we are dealing with is graver than Party politics now. It is a primordial fight of the North towards a parochial agenda they need more time ,in control of Nigeria, to achieve.

They are showing machiavellian brilliance wanting to secure both APC and PDP as sure and guaranteed routes to the actualisation of their agenda.

The South, as usual, is being blasé and watching rather than be up to speed checkmating all plans of the North and attempting to match them stride for stride. My 'premise' is precisely that it is time for Southern political leaders to see the big picture rather than let the North keep throwing bananas at us as if we are monkeys and blindsiding us with their APC vs PDP diversionary antics.

This is nothing but a desperate attempt of all Northerners, at a make or break junction in Nigeria's history, to retain power through any Party and by any means.

What's there not to understand? You referenced Tinubu and your main issue per PDP's decision is that it undermines Tinubu, now you are claiming that it's really not about Tinubu. Do you even understand your own words and posts?

PDP came up with their own game plan, but you are jumping up and down with conspiracy theories about APC even though they are yet to come up with anything?

You are overdosing on paranoia.

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 23, 2021
plaindealer:

What's there not to understand? You referenced Tinubu and your main issue per PDP's decision is that it undermines Tinubu, now you are claiming that it's really not about Tinubu. Do you even understand your own words and posts?

PDP came up with their own game plan, but you are jumping up and down with conspiracy theories about APC even though they are yet to come up with anything?

You are overdosing on paranoia.

OK. Let us agree to disagree. Suffice to say I will quote you appropriately in the future as the cross-Party plans and agenda of the North unravels more desperately as we approach 2023.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Deadlytruth(m): 4:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Oshigun:

Yorubas should certainly consider their options if another Northerner is President in 2023 because we are signing our own death warrant and inadvertently resigning ourselves to the fate of going down with Nigeria.

Buhari has made it crystal clear Nigeria cannot become truly great under a INortherner. No Northerner will touch the fundamentally unfair underpinnings of Nigeria because such favours them. This much every Southerner should know and appreciate by now.

What Zamfara did under PMB, using clever technicality to keep all proceeds of its gold mining, shows how unfair the North is willing to be in the attempt to control the wealth of Nigeria amid other glaring actions that has already given the region control of essential parastatals and armed forces of our nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/28/who-owns-zamfaras-gold/amp/
Per the bolded; please is there any Southerner president that is innocent? We had Obasanjo and Jonathan for a cumulative 13 years through which restructuring demands never one day ceased. Didn't Obasanjo label as haters of Nigeria unity all those who led these restructuring campaigns? Didn't Jonathan reluctantly convoke a confab which he never genuinely intended to implement its report?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Racoon(m): 4:50am On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:
Previously, as a Yoruba APC supporter who assumed Northerners are honorable, I would have said it is a PDP matter that does not concern me. With what APC is doing too I am now convinced it is really not about dedication to political Party for Northerners.

It is about holding on to power and thus control of Nigeria. The Behaviour of Buhari and other Northerners in the APC shows they are not honorable, just and equitable. They have no enduring commitment to the Party beyond what they want to use it to achieve.

Every Southerner should key into the idea of Nigeria separating. We should go our separate way than for a Northerner to lead Nigeria a day after Buhari's tenure ends.

Let us separate and renegotiate how we will all interact socio-economically in future as it appears that is the only way the North will be put in it's place so it it does not continue to drag all of us towards total paralysis or failure it is fast heading towards.
I also said the same thing.The scheming by these power drunk people is not encouraging @ all.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Racoon(m): 4:53am On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:
...My point is that what we are dealing with is graver than Party politics now. It is a primordial fight of the North towards a parochial agenda they need more time ,in control of Nigeria, to achieve.They are showing machiavellian brilliance wanting to secure both APC and PDP as sure and guaranteed routes to the actualisation of their agenda.

Brilliant! Morning sir.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by orisa37: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2021
NO.

USE SARAKI/WIKE AND WORK FOR THEM.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by teemy(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Oshigun:

It should not be a Northerner. Period. 8 unbroken years is good enough for them. Another Northerner, even if not Fulani, will always have his first allegiance to the North and thus his Fulani brothers. All that will simply mean another 8 years of misery Nigeria, without restructure and fundamental changes to the constitution, can surely not survive.

I think the Gowon recommendation today is a nice step. That way, everyone has a chance to showcase and not feel left out.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by juman(m): 10:44am On Mar 23, 2021
Sowore is common man like us.
Vote for him as president.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Deadlytruth:
Per the bolded; please is there any Southerner president that is innocent? We had Obasanjo and Jonathan for a cumulative 13 years through which restructuring demands never one day ceased. Didn't Obasanjo label as haters of Nigeria unity all those who led these restructuring campaigns? Didn't Jonathan reluctantly convoke a confab which he never genuinely intended to implement its report?

All Nigerian ethnic group host greedy saboteurs who are agents of "business as usual" for the political and business elites of Nigeria. Jonathan and OBJ are Southerners in that category.

Difference is that the South still retain leaders who will do the right thing while the North will never produce such a leader because doing the right thing means the North will suffer the most in the short term.

If the South manages to support an independent-minded Southerner to the Presidency then we would see things done differently to how OBJ and Jonathan, both tools of the repressive establishment, did things while President.

For the North, there is no immediate profit in restructuring or devolution of power towards regions when this means weakening the power of the centre they always like to control and profit from.

Decentralizing security, through State policing and othe policies, is something the North would always fight against because police forces that will not answer to Abuja cannot favour the North's agenda of dominating Nigerian wealth, important parastatals and armed forces.

In short the point is that the right southerner, different to OBJ and Jonathan, can deliver the changes that will assist the south to grow according to her endowment whereas there is no Northerner that will facilitate those changes because such will work against the interest of their political and business elites.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by jaxxy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
OneTemplate:

Guy, see the big picture for once. Too much fire on the mountain, moving downward rapidly, for this mischief from anyone who is from the South.

Many events of late should show southerners it is not about PDP or APC for Northerners. It is about holding on to power any way possible to continue their regressive domination of Nigeria.

If we Southerners do not begin having the same outlook of focusing on the overall survivalist picture , and continue bickering about APC or PDP, then North will get away with their plans and it is eight more years of misery, death and backwardness for us all.

The long and short of ur wailing sermon is the SOUTH is divided and will never agree giving chance to the North to have its way. End of wailing. grin

Until the south unite they will continue to wail. grin
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Amumaigwe: 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
authority2006:

Buried by who? You said more than that about Buhari until you were shamed!

Lol. Warned by who exactly? Warned by you voted massively for Atiku Fulani! Wonders shall never end! Why do you guys always think that every decision and choice made by other people is usually about you? The world doesn't revolve around you now. You made your decision and other tribes did the same. What d heck!

You made your decision against wise counsels and now you are looking for United South to help you out of your mess. Perish alone bro. No one here cares about your self inflicted misfortune.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by salam8528: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

It's too late for these senseless denials,
I know u got nothing to offer more than this. Decent conversation u are replying rudely. Name one land they have grabbed so far don't be a coward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ortom: Anyone Against Southern Governors' Resolve Has Hidden Agenda / Murder Of Na'allah: Car Found In Niger Republic, 2 Suspects Arrested / Imo LP State Assembly Aspirant, Chukwunenye Irouno Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.