Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! (9115 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Speaking After Casting His Votes On Saturday / Buhari Answers Questions About His Silencing The Press (Interview) / Delta State Gov. Uduaghan His Casting Vote – PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
sweet9ja:

It reminds of the 80's and 90's when Hausa became the lingua franca of Nigeria.
Can that be a hint of what he intend to do when he gets to Aso Rock?

When was this oooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by bily(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
wow! this is one of the most ridiculous topics i have ever seen on nairaland. why cant people simply use their brains and are so quick to jump to silly conclusions.
1. i watched the debate live on ait
2. there where several reporters surrounding him to interview him.
3. common sense should tell you there will be local hausa reporters amongst them, eg hausa tv n radio stations, hello!
4. we only heard the 'english' question from the ait reporter clearly cos we were watching ait and d ait reporter will most likely put d the mic to her mouth to ask the question before pointing the mic back at buhari which was exactly what happened. thats why her question was loud and clear and we could not really hear the question from other reporters present. probably her mic has a sort of noise cancellation technology.
5. im sure if a reporter from channels or an hausa tv station was presesent and you happen to be watching their respective stations, u will hear the question from their own representative loud and clear as opposed to the ait rep.
6. so common sense should tell you buhari answered in hausa a question thrown at him in hausa.
7. if u noticed the ait reporter had to keep asking her question repeatedly in a loud voice b4 she caught buhari attention and he answered back in english.
8. and if from what i ahve noticed amongst hausas living in the north, a lot of them listen to hausa radio stations so i expected most of the reporters there to be hausa reporters.

na wa for naija pple sef
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by stildude(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
Buhari responding in hausa to a question asked in English is not surprising at all. It is the same boko haram mentality of denouncing anything western like the talibani amajiris that he controls. He is probably sending a coded language to the boko haram group to step up their violent acts against anything civilized  and the govt, since he knows now that he can never get into aso rocks. It is a shame many learned Nigerians  were almost deceived but not us. Now our prodigal Nlanders remove the wool from your eyes and return to the place of wisdom. Stop all your lame excuses to cover up for him. ALL HAIL GOODLUCK! the true nationalist and leader.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Lanquart: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
who cares if his almajiri and dagger carrying brothers cum audience doesn't understand English?what did he (Buhari)did when he was the dictator president to encourage them to go to school and learn English language, may be due to their myopic understanding,they thought he was contesting for the president of northern Nigeria (which he deserves,anyway)
Nevertheless,they should not worry,GEJ has put in place super plan to transform them from ilitrate almajiris to educated almajiris
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
stildude:

Buhari responding in hausa to a question asked in English is not surprising at all. It is the same boko haram mentality of denouncing anything western like the talibani amajiris that he controls. He is probably sending a coded language to the boko haram group to step up their violent acts against anything civilized  and the govt, since he knows now that he can never get into aso rocks. It is a shame many learned Nigerians  were almost deceived but not us. Now our prodigal Nlanders remove the wool from your eyes and return to the place of wisdom. Stop all your lame excuses to cover up for him. ALL HAIL GOODLUCK! the true nationalist and leader.  

shocked shocked shocked

I hope ibo here can also send their own signals to their kinsmen in the north for a possible attack from the boko harams. grin
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Lanquart: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie ,you want to know when awusa was the lingual franca in aso rock?you don't need to go far to get  the ans: Ask Shagari,Buharri(the weeping general),IBB(the "Theifing" general),Abacha (the illiterate general) even Abdulsalam(the careful thief) what language they speak when they hold forte at the Rock
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Ade1966(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
What is wrong in Buhari speaking his native dialect. We have some colonial slaves among us who are bearing indigenous names but cannot speak their native dialect. Yeye People. Buhari for LIFE.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Ecash1: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
I am sorry, but I can't see any ethnic sentiment or bigotry here.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
Lanquart:

Kobojunkie ,you want to know when awusa was the lingual franca in aso rock?you don't need to go far to get  the ans: Ask Shagari,Buharri(the weeping general),IBB(the "Theifing" general),Abacha (the illiterate general) even Abdulsalam(the careful thief) what language they speak when they hold forte at the Rock

If you do not know the answer to a question asked, it is better not to respond with a bubble-brained retort.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by felifeli: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
texazzpete:

'Awusa'
'shipishi'

LOL . Don't mind these my Yo'oba people . They will call
Hausa - Awusa
Igbo - Igbo
Ebira - Igbira

Even their university professors
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by WilyWily12: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
OdeYorubas
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by sweet9ja: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

When was this oooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Don't tell me you don't know when in Nigeria, in order to get anything done, you have to speak Hausa.
Some none muslim southerners even swap their names for Arabic ones so as to get student scholarship in the north.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by dixono(m): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ndi ara!!!! grin
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
Im so so short of words. that people can be this stupid and petty in this 21st century. cool
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by drstone1: 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
:p
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by drstone1: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
You cannot succesfully mask who you really despite d facade of modern PR. At one point you are bound 2 exhibit some giv away signs dt wil b easily spotted by d discernin. U cant fool ALL d people all d time! tongue
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 18, 2011
LWKMD @ some of the replies grin
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Theblessed(f): 3:43am On Apr 18, 2011
[size=18pt]Goes to show you all what a man he is - a man full of hate and wickedness.  A barberian by nature, showing what he would have done to Nigerians and more so, to non Hausas/Moslems. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has disgraced and put evil in the shadows and there it remains till 'D', Amen!
[/size]
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by igboboy1(m): 4:37am On Apr 18, 2011
What is wrong if he spoke in Hausa? you people sef and your fish brain,
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by hsadiq(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2011
na wa for people o! wetin wrong if d dude spoke in his dialect?
Na crime to speak pesin mother language?
abi, if you don be public fig you no go fit yan 4 your native lang again?
omo make una bone dt side, stop se be,
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Diligence: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2011
Has he forgotten abt Lingua Franca - besides, ouor languages hv connotations; so if u hv an intention to incite - u use ur language; if that's achieved, then u come back to 'ENGLIZ' - right?

Buhari has lost touch!
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Oluwayombo: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
God did not choose Buhari to rule Nigeria. God's decision is final.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by namdo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
throwing cyber bullets at buhari here won't help. presido elections have ended. lets share something better not one's speech in his dialect.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Akosbaba(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
Anything buhari says or does always lead to him being labelled a bigot,na ma oh.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Bawss1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2011
Oluwayombo:

God did not choose Buhari to rule Nigeria. God's decision is final.

Leave the Almighty out of politics. It wasn't your Creator that voted on Saturday nor did he direct that majority of the votes will be in favor of GEJ. We are humans practicing an imperfect style of government so no one has any rights whatsoever to drag His Name into this.

I am glad Buhari didn't win the elections but that doesn't mean I believe GEJ has any form of divine endorsement.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Gbenge77(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2011
He probably did so to identify with them.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
There is a clear difference between a sectional leader and a national leader.

Buhari is a sectional leader no wonder he got no vote in Akwa-Ibom.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by kerwa2001: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
wow! this is one of the most ridiculous topics i have ever seen on nairaland. why cant people simply use their brains and are so quick to jump to silly conclusions.
3. common sense should tell you there will be local hausa reporters amongst them, eg hausa tv n radio stations, hello!
4. we only heard the 'english' question from the ait reporter clearly cos we were watching ait and d ait reporter will most likely put d the mic to her mouth to ask the question before pointing the mic back at buhari which was exactly what happened. thats why her question was loud and clear and we could not really hear the question from other reporters present. probably her mic has a sort of noise cancellation technology.
5. im sure if a reporter from channels or an hausa tv station was presesent and you happen to be watching their respective stations, u will hear the question from their own representative loud and clear as opposed to the ait rep.
6. so common sense should tell you buhari answered in hausa a question thrown at him in hausa.
7. if u noticed the ait reporter had to keep asking her question repeatedly in a loud voice b4 she caught buhari attention and he answered back in english.
8. and if from what i ahve noticed amongst hausas living in the north, a lot of them listen to hausa radio stations so i expected most of the reporters there to be hausa reporters.

na wa for naija pple sef
[/b]

I like the statement "why cant people simply use their brains and are so quick to jump to silly conclusions." And the answer is "They gat no brains"
FYI
There are so many international radio stations that broadcast in hausa (BBC, VOA, german, etc even Beijin radio station broadcast in hausa), It could be any of these. And yes he answered in Hausa. If transformer no dey your area, go hug the one in your LGA chairman's house.
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by distinkt1(m): 1:46am On Apr 24, 2011
mumu ppl
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by igboboy1(m): 5:07am On Apr 29, 2011
opal4real:

There is a clear difference between a sectional leader and a national leader.

Buhari is a sectional leader no wonder he got no vote in Akwa-Ibom.

how about acn that won only one state? at least buhari win 12 so he is more natioanl than u think
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by igboboy1(m): 5:11am On Apr 29, 2011
kerwa2001:

na wa for naija pple sef
[/b]

I like the statement "why cant people simply use their brains and are so quick to jump to silly conclusions." And the answer is "They gat no brains"
FYI
There are so many international radio stations that broadcast in hausa (BBC, VOA, german, etc even Beijin radio station broadcast in hausa), It could be any of these. And yes he answered in Hausa. If transformer no dey your area, go hug the one in your LGA chairman's house.

no mind ndi ofe mannu, if they hear person speak a non yoruba language they all have heart attack, when they force yoruba on us we dey complain?

If this country fight i dey wonder how yoruba go wan send secret coded messages when there are millions of non yoruba speakers, haha we go tap their line and have our people decode their plans, thank GOd yoruba cant speak any other language so less sabotage and decoding of our war secrets, cool
Re: Buhari Answers Reporters In HAUSA After Casting Vote! by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 29, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin

People who have never been in war before would not know the tactic employed. I guess Americans knew Urdu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Inauguration And Swearing In Pics And Speech. Eko O Ni Baje Round 2. / Nigeria’s Unemployment Crisis Worsens; Rate Jumps By 518,000 In 3 Months — NBS / Unanswered Questions On Ironsi And The Regional System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.