Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ (29064 Views)

Teebillz Blasts Rita Edochie Over Trump: 'You Are Delusional Ma!' / Toke Makinwa Reacts To Anthony Joshua’s Misogynistic Comment / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by DamnnNiggarr: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
Feminist group tackles Pete Edochie over ‘misogynistic rants’

The Nigerian Feminist Forum (NFF) has described as unreasonable the comments allegedly made by celebrated thespian, Chief Pete Edochie during an interview he granted to BBC IGBO.

In a statement by its Communications Officer, Angela Nkwo, NFF said Edochie in the interview “furthered his misogynistic rants concerning his views on Nigerian women in general.”

NFF, therefore, called on Edochie to immediately retract the comments, which it said grossly misrepresented his pedigree as an elder in the Nollywood community.

The women group also asked him to issue an apology for the gross misrepresentation and cause for concern he had provided for women to experience, tolerate and accept violence meted out to them by their husbands and partners.

The statement read in part: “The Nigerian Feminist Forum condemns the utterances by Chief Edochie who by his comments has displayed his misogynist tendencies, advocating for husbands to discipline their wives whilst harking back to a bygone era which is no longer feasible. We are in 2021.

“Edochie cast huge aspersions on being a Nigerian woman, its definition and expectations therein when he said feminism was the cause of spousal violence and that women’s reasoning was limited.

“His unsubstantiated claims ‘this thing called feminism, that’s what leads to women getting beaten in marriages. When you talk to a woman, she will respond to you. When she responds to you, you won’t be able to bear it so you’ll stretch out your hand and beat her up’, failed to accept or even understand the unwarranted sexual and gender based violence women face daily just going about their daily business.

“It is important that celebrities are careful with their utterances which can be seen as additional fodder for impressionable young persons to emulate.

“The reality is that these comments are highly unreasonable, and are an unnecessary generalisation on the rights of Nigerian women who are not monolithic beings.”

NFF said Edochie’s attempt to justify domestic violence, a practice that had resulted in the deaths of hundreds of women and girls was worrisome because many people looked up to him.

NFF said: “While we respect that he is entitled to hold his personal views for marriage proposals, we insist that as women, where we are involved, our spaces and agency must be respected.

“For the purposes of enlightenment, feminism is about demanding for gender equity, justice and access to equal resources for everyone, which will benefit families, communities and the wider society as a whole.”

The group called on Edochie to allow women to speak for themselves. It called on BBC Africa to provide the same space for women to debunk the claims made by Edochie.

It also called on actor’s guilds and professional bodies to begin to disassociate themselves from such utterances of their members, have penalties in place for erring members and take a concrete stand against sexual and gender based violence.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/feminist-group-tackles-pete-edochie-misogynistic-rants-356513/amp?__twitter_impression=true

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by DamnnNiggarr: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
e pained dem well well

278 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
shocked
Feminist's get forum again...

But, this feminism of a thing is trash.
Women will always be below men, though that doesn't give men a reason to disrespect them.

How many women dey carry bag of cement for head.

If a car breaks down half way through a journey, how many women dey come down come fix am.

If war comes, how many women dey go warfront

As I said, women ought to be respected but at the same time, they should know that they'll always be below men

Meanwhile...

Pete Edochie they reason like old man wey em be

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Dalil8: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
Which one be Nigerian Feminist Forum again? Lol

If u even see d so called feminists sef, u go pity dem. Broke, ugly things, some of them sef na obese, shapeless beings. Tueh!

But i wan ask, why e be say na only worwor girls dey turn Feminist? cheesy grin

Abi feminism dey forbid beauty?

Feminism na for frustrated women. Scam!

The Past, Present and FUTURE is MALE.

219 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by ivolt: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
The guy has outlived his generation. No one, not even the men who support his views wants to live up to Pete's generations expectation. They only want to enjoy its perks while denying the associated responsibilities. If you doubt me, check their posts here. You will often see I hate liabilities, I will never spend a dime, Marriage is a scam and so on. Men like Pete were happy with their roles and responsibilities at that time but what about his young supporters? They only want half of Pete's lifestyle, where they get without giving.

36 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by reubenobi(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
yeye set of people

35 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
That man sef no get family?

Allowing their patriarch to disgrace himself constantly like that.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Heterodox(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nigerians like they do everything else have ended up bastardizing the idea of feminism.

I don't see how being a wife and a mother has anything to do with equal access to job opportunities and societal structures, although such should not even be a thing to be demanded. Everyone is human and should have that equal rights in the society.

However when it comes to personal affairs, if you want to be the husband as a woman get yourself a lesbian to marry. That has nothing to do with feminism. It's even common sense, someone can't be feeding you and you'll be buzzing equality.

Nonetheless still, I won't disrespect my woman neither have her submissive. I would rather have a friend than a slave. But that's just me, doesn't make it our culture.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Xisnin(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pete is an old man living in the wrong century.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by wpadmin: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
okay
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Bampeh: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pete Edochie is entitled to his own opinion. You either accept his opinion or you ignore.

Equalities in gender isn't an African thing, how many Nigerian women are in the battle field fighting Boko Haram? None!

Most of these women in this feminist group are very loyal to their husbands, they are willing to do what their husbands want them to do and are in this feminist group deceiving feeble minds.

A husband should be respected if he is older than you, stronger than you and also the breadwinner of the family.

The rate of divorce in Africa is alarming due to this copied western cultures. Men don't want to marry anymore thereby making our respected cultures obsolete.

Note that gender inequality is not same as misogynomy.

Ignore these insecured African Feminist Groups.

bampeh supports Pete Edochie

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by anochuko01(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ttt
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by inoki247: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
ok
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Weedhustler: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Take any woman serious, u die young!

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by missionmex(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Fair enough
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by kuntash: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Dalil8:
Which one be Nigerian Feminist Forum again? Lol

As in ehn ..

17 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by SexyBabe001: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
So feminist now has a group?

Wetin Musa no go see for gate? I used to think they are twitter trolls that jumps on men.

We are getting there... Lets be watching, to my fellow ladies.. May you never be part of association that will destroy your future and home.

I come in peace

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Kingspin(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
This kind of tackles is what has destroyed the ltttle stability and value our society enjoyed.

Divorce is high.
Baby mama is everywhere.
Fornication is breaking records.
Society are widely becoming ungovernable.

But feminist who know what she's doing still loyal to her husband. You cannot take what belongs to a man and a man cannot change to a woman. Is just what it is.

15 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by BigYash: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Mad people full this country die

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by cly490(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
A
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by ShaqFu: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
This vile creatures who believe their wretched opinion (s) matter should shut their mouth up.

Whatever they believe feminism is, is their problem. I know while they shout about equality and justice, and equal opportunity for everyone, if circumstances change, they'll be the first to shout women first and the usual women are fragile nonsense.

Pete Edochie made his opinion known, Period. An opinion that if examined critically, is the truth. When I was little, I can't remember hearing about domestic violence and what have you. Now this set of women who preach this vile nonsense came around, and with social media, domestic violence is now the oil doom in many marriages.

They should get lost and stay lost!.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by kuntash: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Weedhustler:
Take any woman serious, u die young!

Lol ���

But what of the mama wey born you ?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by geunik(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lol
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Dpaulie(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Dem (feminist)no get respect for elders, so far u are a man and talk about the superiority of men, my problem with them is that if they are Christians, they’ll never see how Men was described as the head in their bible.. oyinbo has blindfolded them, we’re not saying that women are second fiddle, but they are no way to match men, this doesn’t make a man a superhero too because the Bible described women as weaker vessel, the comparative adjective “weaker “makes me understand that men are not strong either but women are weaker than them.. so we are both weak but men are superior

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
shocked
Bunch of frustrated female deviants. I support PETE EDOCHIE.
AGBOGIDI 1

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by DMechy: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin
DamnnNiggarr:
e pained dem well well

grin

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Gagare1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Rubbishina Nonsensica.
Next post please.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by dangotesmummy: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
cheesy

Let me Go and bring cold coke and popcorn.this looks like it's going to be an interesting ride cheesy
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by 2mch(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pete Edochie was ranting like a crazy drunkard. Will he wish such treatment on his daughters in marriage. Old age can make some people senile. Maybe this is how Igbo people think of their wives not Nigerians in general.

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by aikyg(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pete vs NFF

Who'll win?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

New Photos Of BBNaija Winner, Efe / "My Life Changed The Day I Got A Call From Davido"- Mayorkun,more Photos Of Vibe / Dee-One: Miracle Is Fake And Proud, He Left My Whatsapp Group, Snubbed My Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.