Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire (13395 Views)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Drlumi: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2011
manugbo:

I ALSO FEEL SORRY FOR HIM.

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE THAT HE ENTER INTO HIS SECRET ROOM, TALK TO GOD AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS.

ITS NOT JUST AN ORDINARY FIRE.

WHY MUST IT BE NOW?

SINCERELY, HE SHOULD HAVE A RE-THINK CONCERNING HIS WAYSSSSSS

My dear friend, what is wrong with his ways?

People have died and I condemn the killings strongly. But it seems we are being sentimental about this issue.

Pastor Bakare has every right to contest for anything he likes. He is a Nigerian. There is no part of the Bible that states that Pastors should not run for political offices.

Is Pastor Bakare responsible for the years these Alamanjiris have been kept under the darkness of illiteracy and religious extremism? Can we honestly pretend that they are different from the militants in the Niger Delta (who, luckilly are even more exposed)? let's face it. These Almajiris are thee nemesis of years of embezzlement and bad leadership, of a government that prefers to keep them unlearned so as to use them as political tools. So if they revolt, why blame the most convenient excuse?

I teach in a school where there is 'free education'. The implication of that so-called free education is that the students don't even understand English, have no books, If in 10 years, they become thieves and killers, whose fault is it? Are they not being bred from today?

FYI, it is deviants that change the world, not the normal, comliant people. Check out the profiles of Martin Luther King, Gandhi, even Jesus. BTW, find out how many people died in association with each of these people (including Jesus). Does that make them murderers?

History shall show whose right.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
We need some latter Rainssssss
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by reindeer: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
I just wonder if people will cast this much aspersions on Bakare's person if he had been running mate or GEJs SW campaign manager.
Seems most people are quite good at politicizing christianity.
Let up the man abeg.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by EzeUche3(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
Remember what happened to the False Prophets of Baal.

I am well versed in the Bible among other things.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-BUxDHyz2HKM/TZtHlvt10pI/AAAAAAAAHCw/N9KQ2-iUo4w/s1600/1%252520Kings%25252018%252520Elijah-Mt%252520Carmel%252520Fire.jpg[/img]

A supposed man of God should not enter politics. Is he not suppose to be shepherds of men who are leading his flock to Christ? Why should he join politics?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Akuviv: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2011
Adam was given dominion over all things, Abraham, Elijah, Elisha, Nehemiah, Moses & Aaron, Joshua etc were all men of God actively involved in the politics of their time. Wake up people, it is about time the righteous took a stand where ever they find themselves, yes, even at the helm of affairs.

Even God rules over and in the affairs of men
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by toyemz(f): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
@Drlumi

Thanks for that very honest input
scrolling down this topic i was beginning highly irritated at how the mindsets of some Nigerians work
like you rightly said it's not a crime to run for any office in politics,one has to win while the rest lose
And as for the eruption of violence in the North ,that has nothing to do with either Buhari or Bakare
i tell you one thing for sure if it had be Aminu or Shehu,and they had not won there would still be eruption of violence
I think its  high time fellow Nigerian open up our eyes and see just what is happening in our country instead of apportioning blames
Buhari might have some failings,but he is still a good and simple man at heart
and really isn't that what the country really needs?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by cold(m): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ezeuche just stfu!Are we raising responsible citizens to be subservient to irresponsible governments?If the righteous shy away from leadership then what justification do we have to complain?What cadre are qualified to run for political offices,Satanists?You're just spewing fuckery,forgive my French.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by samix(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2011
@ beaf, u are such a silly person, who told you he's got a house to himself, one he built with money of any form? He lives in a rented apartment. SO SHUT THE Bleep UP.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by phreakabit(m): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2011
Well just like Pastor Tunde Bakare always says, God works in mysterious ways.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by samix(m): 12:16am On Apr 23, 2011
too many dumb people on nairaland,
@Seun, I think its high time you started asking for proof of education before you allow people to join this forum
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by samix(m): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2011
phreakabit:

Well just like Pastor Tunde Bakare always says, God works in mysterious ways.

What are you insinuating? that God has a hand in it or its to avert something else, I NEED TO KNOW BRO
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 23, 2011
This is one co-incidence just too many, I have a strong feeling this is a “setup”.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Rossikk(m): 1:40am On Apr 23, 2011
Did the gates of hell open up prematurely in his residence?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 23, 2011
sike!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by luluosas(m): 2:12am On Apr 23, 2011
To God be the glory, no life was lost. I sympathised with you Pastor Bakare. For those of you calling this incidence divine, may God forgive you all. If you don't have any to say, please just read and go without commenting. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 23, 2011
luluosas:

To God be the glory, no life was lost. I sympathised with you Pastor Bakare. For those of you calling this incidence divine, may God forgive you all. If you don't have any to say, please just read and go without commenting. God bless Nigeria.
sharrap my friend! he is a false prophet,
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by ayinba1(f): 4:53am On Apr 23, 2011
Ile Oba to jo, Ewa lo bu si !

Some Christians are really totally ridiculous. Did your bible not tell you that you may be tried? So because Pastor Bakare's house got burnt, you feel it is time to make mockery of him?

Are you more pious than he is? And did you ever read the story of Job? IMO, he took the task running as a VP for selfless reasons and I know that he will be rewarded by God accordingly.

Some of the posts here just scare the heck out of one. For some here, christianity takes the back burner after tribe.
Na today we see o, no one knows tomorrow.
This is his own trial and God will see him through.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Odunnu: 5:09am On Apr 23, 2011
Prophet Bakare as a pastor has nothing to restrict him from joining politics in whatever capacity. As a matter of fact,we need godly men in the reins up there.What I condemn is him teaming up with a certain man he expressly told us few years back God was against.
If he'd ran with Goodluck, Ribadu, Shekarau, Utomi or any one else aside 'this tall one',I honestly wouldnt condemn his actions
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by davids202(m): 5:27am On Apr 23, 2011
sm times i get to wonda wat xtians are actually doing cus d ritualist, muslims, thiefs,motor pack men have all taken d positions in govt. yet d so called born agains are in the comfort of their churches, if we dnt do smtin abt these i mean our generation der will never b a betta Nigeria, we d born agains must start aspiring 4 positions in Govt to make a betta Nigeria i tell u my broda man n sister woman because we r d new testament n we r supose 2 b d change, , Bakare has set d pase we all most follow
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Beaf: 5:35am On Apr 23, 2011
samix:

@ beaf, u are such a silly person, who told you he's got a house to himself, one he built with money of any form? He lives in a rented apartment. SO SHUT THE bleep UP.

You have clearly been giving your 10% to a scam artist every month. Why not give me your name and address so I can preach to you and collect it instead? At least I won't make dumb prophesies and tell almajiri's to go to the polling booth with kerosine and matches. Christians are among the dead, not so?

Dunce.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 23, 2011
With d kind of responses one gets on meaningful posts here, I now believe that many Nigerians graduates or even graduates to-be, are truly unemployable.
To all who had something to say against Pst Tunde, all I'll say is - it is not for you to condemn a man of God's actions. Even if you don't agree wt his moves, let him be. He could have mended His ways wt his God, while u are here commiting unpardonable sins with ur fingers. May God count these days as d times of ignorance 4 u.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Arcadia(f): 5:49am On Apr 23, 2011
Babs77 and ezeuche,correct guys.Now kobojunkie,mayowak and 1025,use ur heads!SIMPLE LOGIC. We are not judaists. We are not under the mosaic law. Christ abolished the mosaic law and replaced it with HIS law. So calling moses, david and others is also a bubble brained approach. Christ was NEUTRAL to world politics. Do y'all kno wat dt means? It means the likes of bakare and okotie shuda sat their greedy asses down in the church where they belong. Simple as ABC. And u guys shud quit resorting 2insults anytym pple dnt agree wit ur illogical reasonings cos dts a cowards way out.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Arcadia(f): 5:50am On Apr 23, 2011
Babs77 and ezeuche,correct guys.Now kobojunkie,mayowak and 1025,use ur heads!SIMPLE LOGIC. We are not judaists. We are not under the mosaic law. Christ abolished the mosaic law and replaced it with HIS law. So calling moses, david and others is also a bubble brained approach. Christ was NEUTRAL to world politics. Do y'all kno wat dt means? It means the likes of bakare and okotie shuda sat their greedy asses down in the church where they belong. Simple as ABC. And u guys shud quit resorting 2insults anytym pple dnt agree wit ur illogical reasonings cos dts a cowards way out.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by KDULAR: 6:40am On Apr 23, 2011
Without intervensions of a poitical leader, Christianity wouldn't have spread tou most of us here on NL. Infact it was criminal at a time to profess christianity for 300 years or there about after the ascension of christ. there's nothing wrong in any christian being in politics I am not a pentecostal, however, Pastors chris okotie and Tunde Bakare represents what is expected of well meaning , respected,upright ,people with Integrity in this country Both Christians, Moslems and practitioners of all other religion alike not to regard and sustain the notion that "politics is a dirty game and it's meant only for dirty people.
We need people described as such above to be in government through politics ( not for religious reasons though) in this country and they've so far been bold enough and I salute their courage. Even if they don't win, they've represents something and it is that I believe is meant when Okotie said He shall become the president of thiss country. think. Save for pastor okotie, he did not state that He was heard from God.

Is it not instructive to note that It was thesame Bakare that CHAMPION THE DEMONSTRATIONS THAT HELPED JONATHAN TO BE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY, during the campaign then for GEJ to be pronounced the president then by the Senate, he was not branded by Most NLders as a fake prophet or pastor , we are now quick to Judge and start Irresponsible name calling. We quickly forget

I am ashamed of the kind of comment some of us resorted to in the name of access to computer. Some of our comment shows that we are just pretentious and deeep inside us we are not different from the perpetrators of the carnage in the north, if we could say that Bakare's house deserves to be burnt so that he would have a taste of what happened to people up north!!!. IT IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURDFOR ANY ONE TO THINK THAT HE ENDORSES AND OR ENCOURAGES THE POST ELECTORAL VIOLENCE. some of us need to retrace our steps and retract our statements and pray in which ever way to our Gods for forgiveness. Do not think expressing dust,wickedness, misjudgement and wrong condemnations on social network makes us faceless thus no consequencies EVRY MAN SHALL BE JUDGED BY HIS ACTIONS BOTH WITHIN AND WITHOUT, SEEN OR NOT SEEN.

Pastor Bakare is not an evil man and does not deserve this also is any one in this country and mind all 2 of my relatives were cut down and my church was burnt and I haven't had sleep in three days . So if anybody feels the pain ,he should not wish, endorse and judge others evil or even the perpetrators any evil and stop this crass crap. Sitting behind your screen and saying shit you don't know any bit about.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 23, 2011
Arcadia,

You need to take a dose of your own medicine. Saying people are reasoning illogically because they've shared their own opinions isnt exactly nice.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by ogbori(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2011
[/quote] ? It means the likes of bakare and okotie shuda sat their greedy asses down in the church where they belong. Simple as ABC. And u guys shud quit resorting 2insults anytym pple dnt agree wit your illogical reasonings cos dts a cowards way out.[quote]

Pastor Bakare and Okotie are the least greedy(like you said) of all the pastors in Nigeria. For one, they have only a branch of their church cos they are not interested in raising more members to generate more cash. They can reach more people by using the media, it is not all about come to my church or come donate. Am sure you dont see that side. We are so quick at condeming people just because we dont like them. These two dont encourage an ex-thief in the name of Politician, minister, to come to front seat of their churches and lie to them, so that the said minister will donate. Instead, you will find these two, rebuking such leaders and even fellow minister (PASTORS), which is what the bible encourage. Please read how Paul corrected Peter over hypocrisy.

We should not have our mind set to belief Politics is ment for the Likes of Alao Akala, Indiscipline thugs, thieves, murderers, greedy people we like and are use to. Leadership role and positions are meant for respectable, decent people who had lived and shown good example and a life you would want your children to emulate. Thats the only way the country can go forward.
As far as am concerned, David, Saul and so many of the kings are politicians, politics is about selecting or electing leaders.

By the way, Apostle Paul was one of the most successful in the bible and covered more, wrote much more books, should we say 'NA GOD PUNISH AM' BECAUSE HE WENT TO JAIL SEVERAL TIMES AND WAS KILLED , , Mba nu nu

you were saying something about illogical reasoning . . . .
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Apr 23, 2011
Arcadia:

Babs77 and ezeuche,correct guys.Now kobojunkie,mayowak and 1025,use your heads!SIMPLE LOGIC. We are not judaists. We are not under the mosaic law. Christ abolished the mosaic law and replaced it with HIS law. So calling moses, david and others is also a bubble brained approach. Christ was NEUTRAL to world politics. Do y'all kno wat dt means? It means the likes of bakare and okotie shuda sat their greedy asses down in the church where they belong. Simple as ABC. And u guys shud quit resorting 2insults anytym pple dnt agree wit your illogical reasonings cos dts a cowards way out.

Ignorance is not bliss!!! I don't see anyone mentioned moses, David etc for you. You need to at least learn to read, before you jump into a conversation you are incapable of handling as an adult.

Jesus was NOT NEUTRAL in the way you claim. He paid his taxes and encouraged his people to do same. He had people like matthew, and some other political elites around him and NOT ONCE did he DENOUNCE them for being politicians. Saul, whom you know as Paul was a POLITICIAN . . You never wandered how come he was in prison a lot?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Please go read up on the history of Christianity and how you came about to enjoying the book you call a Bible that you have today. If not for the many men who served both as Pastors, and politicians through the thousands of years after Christ, you would not have had Christianity near you at all. Please Ignorance is not bliss. Open your Bible and read what it really says . , not make it say what it does not so you can score some BIGOTED brownie point against people you are already filled with ungodly hate for. grin
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by eeguru: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2011
@kobojunkie, Is sad how you present your logic here. Jesus was neutral to world political affairs. Saul you mentioned that later turn to paul no doubt was fully involved in world politics but when he embrace christianity, what did he say? He considered all those things as a refuse because of the excelling value of christ (Phlipp 3:cool. Remember Jesus word, my kingdom is never from this source (world politics). During the time of moses, david and co that was fully in politics as you said, remember God constituted a special nation for himself called the nation of Israel which represented his rulership here on earth then. Those men exercise their rulership under the supervision of God himself. If you need further discussion on this, i can use the bible to help you see that religion and worldly politics should not meddle together if actually one wants to stand out.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by garnetty(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2011
Perhaps God initially warned him to restrain from going into politics but turned deaf ears. I guess it's pay back time. May God have mercy.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by NGVOICE: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2011
God and God alone understands! Nigeria is bigger than Tunde Bakare personal good will ambitions, As a man of God He knows God purpose concerning every of his action and will be ready to take responsibility.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by johnie: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2011
It is unforunate that the pastor's house got burnt. I sympathise with him.

If you read the book of Jeremiah in the Bible, you would realise that sometimes prophets of God suffer just so that the people may understand God's message.

A few examples:
Prophet Jeremiah was specially selected (called) before he was born Jer 1:5

Jeremiah reluctantly entered into the service Jer 1:6-8

Jeremiah was specifically called to influence the political life of nations. He was to stand up against nations and kingdoms, destroy and tear down some while planting building others. Jer 1:10

God warned him to be bold when he stands against kings, officials, priests and people of Judea. Who will oppose him else God will embarrass him in the presence of these people. Jer 1:18-19

God instructed him not to get married or have children to show that a similar fate will befall the people Jer 16:1-4

God told him not to attend feasts or parties or eat or drink with the people to show the people that a time will come when they will enjoy such pleasures again. Jer 16:8-9

When he proclaimed God's warning to the people, thay attempted to kill him. Jer 26:10-15

God instructed him to make a "fool" of himself by wearing a yoke normally used on aninmals ploughing fields and deliver a message to important dignitaries from neighbouring nations who had come to visit the king of his own nation. Jer 27:1-6

The king tore and burnt messages Jeremiah had carefully written meaning he had to painstakingly rewrite the messages at the risk of his life. Jer 36.

He was arrested, flogged and imprisoned in a dungeon for sevaral days on suspicion of being a deserter when he was on his way to claim his inheritance even though he was not a soldier. Jer 37:11-17

When he was brought out from the dungeon, the king had the effontery to ask Jeremiah if God had any message for him (the king). Of course, God did- that he would be defeated by the Babylonians. A message Jeremiah was bold to deliver. Of course he was sent back to the dungeon! Jer 37:11ffg

When the kingdom fell to the Babylonians, they found Jeremiah bound in chains among other captives being sent on exile in Babylon.

So even though he was a prophet, Jeremiah was a prominent character in the political life of his nation not by choice but by compulsion and great risk to his life.

Most of the things he said were not understood by the people of his time making him look at different times like a fool, traitor, deserter, non-patriot, etc.

I have never been a member of Pastor Bakare's church and do not intend to be, I actually did not agree with his decision to run as VP after his previous tirades against the political class.

On benefit of hindsight however, I see the hand of God in his entry.

Imagine that Buhari's running mate had been a fickle imdividual, professianal politician or neophyte, I am convinced that such a person would have agreed to sign a post-dated resignation letter even though it is criminal and unconstitutional.

Let the dust settle, I am sure we would hear more about the recent happenings and the parts played by various individuals. I believe that is why Bakare had to be at the centre of the action.

This would not be like the Yar'Adua sickness matter that we are only hearing details about from wikileaks.

Please let Bakare be!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by hlexzy: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2011
Drlumi:

My dear friend, what is wrong with his ways?

People have died and I condemn the killings strongly. But it seems we are being sentimental about this issue.

Pastor Bakare has every right to contest for anything he likes. He is a Nigerian. There is no part of the Bible that states that Pastors should not run for political offices.

Is Pastor Bakare responsible for the years these Alamanjiris have been kept under the darkness of illiteracy and religious extremism? Can we honestly pretend that they are different from the militants in the Niger Delta (who, luckilly are even more exposed)? let's face it. These Almajiris are thee nemesis of years of embezzlement and bad leadership, of a government that prefers to keep them unlearned so as to use them as political tools. So if they revolt, why blame the most convenient excuse?

I teach in a school where there is 'free education'. The implication of that so-called free education is that the students don't even understand English, have no books,  If in 10 years, they become thieves and killers, whose fault is it? Are they not being bred from today?

FYI, it is deviants that change the world, not the normal, comliant people. Check out the profiles of Martin Luther King, Gandhi, even Jesus. BTW, find out how many people died in association with each of these people (including Jesus). Does that make them murderers?

History shall show whose right.
Hope his children are not doing some weedy weedo that consumes more paper than anticipated, gimme the lighter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UPDATED: Death Toll From Zaria Attack Hits 25 / Three Bombs Explode In Maiduguri / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.