Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire (13396 Views)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
toks2009:

There was nothing bad in Bakare opting for VP alongside Buhari and i'm very sure he did that due to the passion he had for a change in Nigeria.

But unfortunately,things turned out this way and i know he will be regretting right now,not because CPC lost but the crazy aftermath of the election.

I know Bakare, he is a man of integrity,there was nothing and i mean absolutely nothing wrong running for a political seat.

And for the ignorants, please understand that GOD has a hand in politics,he installs kings.

better go back to school. Never put KINGS and POLITICS in the same sentence to further you argument. kings are monarchs, they have nothing to do with politics. or where in the bible did you hear that saul, david or solomon for that matter had a manifesto and went campaigning for leadership of israel. they were installed by God, period.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by toks2009: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
Hmmm, Nairalanders and their immature dispositions to posting coments.

What has going back to school got to do with this. You people should really learn decorum in posting in a public forum such as this.

Nevertheless,i will pretend i never saw that but one fact i want you to know that in those days, what was in vogue was monarchy and therefore we should expect kings to be installed and not the term president but if it was to be at this age, these kings would be regarded as head of states so im not far from the point im making.

Furthermore,if you believe GOD can install a king then why not presidents?

My brother,i have made my point and its unfortunate you are taking it out of contest.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^^^you still dont want to understand. That was why i said "go back to school" so that you can grasp the full distinction between monarchical leadership vs political leadership and the role of God as it pertains in the bible. since you refuse to then wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by TippyTop(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
What does Bakare expect when he chose to work for the devil? If he had conscience he would have formed his party, or join a party with "progressive policies."
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by toks2009: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2011
bidemi12:

^^^^^you still dont want to understand. That was why i said "go back to school" so that you can grasp the full distinction between monarchical leadership vs political leadership and the role of God as it pertains in the bible. since you refuse to then wallow in your ignorance.

Imagine o my fellow nairalanders,this friend of mine was quick to tell me to go back to school when in actual sense,that statement should be directed to himself.

please tell me, what is monarchial leadership and political leadership?

They are both political leadership. In political leadership. we have various types.monarchy/democracy/oligarchy and more.

please enlighten yourself and visit this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

When we make posts, please lets be very polite.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^^ i am so impressed. you actualy took my advice and tried to educate yourself. but you still faltered a bit. not to worry you will catch up eventualy. you only read one part, which you did not understand completely, and dived into a rebuttal. dim witted as it was at least you tried. "the role of God as it pertains in the bible was left out". why did you leave that part out? I repeat again "^^^^^you still dont want to understand. That was why i said "go back to school" so that you can grasp the full distinction between monarchical leadership vs political leadership and the role of God as it pertains in the bible".
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by mobelle(f): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2011
c hw God dey wrk!hmn.i cnt shout. lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by ayubam: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
lastpage:

Like any other person, I will sympathize with "them", when they have a "misfortune", be it Goodluck GEJ or Pastor Bakare.
On that note, l thank God no life was lost in the blaze.

I will not make pronouncement on what l dont have facts about but l would rather ASK QUESTIONS and wait for the ANSWERS.

1.) Who is a POLITICIAN? S-I-M-P-L-E-S, as we say: Someone who stands for and vies for an ELECTIVE OFFICE, by putting his or her name on the Ballot. Politicians are not appointed, they are voted for! They are not civil servants also.
Please note: Politician derives from the word "POLITICS". So, a Politician practices politics, as a Profession.

Now, ASK yourself: Did Jesus ever stand-up for elective office? Was his name EVER on the Ballot box?
Did prophet Jeremiah, despite his involvement in "Preaching the good news" to errant rulers EVER stand-up and put his name on a ballot box, and seek VOTES? NO!. Did he rule over some people, with their consent? NO!
SHOW ME ONE PERSON WHO EVER WAS GOD'S messenger, who was a Politician, IN THE VERY SENSE OF THAT DEFINITION.

This is where the confusion and arguments stems from!

Apostle Paul was a LAWYER, by Profession before he became a christian. HE was like the DPP, prosecuting on behalf of government but HE WAS NOT A POLITICIAN. He never put his name up on a ballot box, hoping to be voted-in for a POST.
Please take special attention of the words : POLITICS, VOTE, BALLOT BOX, ELECTION AND POLITICIAN, as they relate to one another

Like someone pointed out, Jesus could have "contested" against Julius Caesar or Pontius Pillate, he could have become a Politician (He urged us to pay tax as a responsible citizen though) but he declined that offer by saying he does not seek to rule over the current system of government and people.

Now, is it a crime for Christians to be involved in Politics (Just because Jesus never did)? I dont have a definite answer to that, yet. Not everything that is "undesirable" is a crime, though.

Now: *
Did Pastor Bakare "utter those words" credited to him? (Go to Polling station with Kerosine, an inflammable liquid used for fire, and Matches)? You be the judge.
*Did Pastor Bakare utter the Phrase "Wild, Wild North" (in reference to the Wild-Wild West Politics of the 60's when a lot of carnage was done in Western Nigeria through burning, also called "Wet-it era", as in "wet the house with petrol and burn it"wink? You be the Judge
*Does such utterances serve as incitement to "violent -prone", Northern Almajeris? You be the judge!
*Does he, as a well respected Pastor of the children of Christ, Have to say such things (if he said them)? You be the Judge!
*Did Pastor Bakare tell us , a few weeks back, that God told him that "That long one" (referring to Gen Buhari), and some others have no business with the future of this country? You be the judge.
*Do you think God lies or his words can be swallowed and reversed? You be the judge
*Now, coming out as the running-mate of the same person he has "prophesied against", is a somersault by WHOM? God or Pastor Bakare? You be the judge

I can go on and on but let us reflect on these few questions.

Having said that, NO CHRISTIAN MUST REJOICE OVER THE CALAMITY OF OTHERS! I did not say so, The Bible said so
I know emotions are still running very high over what happened in Kaduna and some Northern parts of the country;
I know a lot of families are still grieving their loss and may never recover til they die, l pray God will have mercy and show them favor as from now on. He will recompense them as he has done to Job, after he lost everything.
Let us remain sober, at all times, please.

Lastpage.

In response to one of your question, please show us once during Caesars time when election took place and ballot boxes, voting etc were the method in selecting leaders. We will need you to clarify this to answer ur questions accurately. Thanks.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by toks2009: 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2011
sorry friend, i only searched for reference just for you to understand me and not to find out if i was write or wrong.

Nevertheless, whether monarchy or democracy,all are still under political leadership and this is what i want you to understand but if you purposely choose to disregard this, i'm sure you will agree that GOD has a great role and infact influences the outcome of leadership in every facet of life.

so lets drop this unwarranted notion of trying to see who is write or wrong and get the fact straight.

BAKARE HAS NOT DONE WRONG IN ANYWAY. chris okotie tried and failed and you can do your research and you will find out that many men of GOD all over the world have indulged in politics.

We seem to forget that men of God too marry, cater for their children, pay school fees, medical, electricity and water bills, buy from the same market and face the same dangers we all face like armed robbery and carnage on our roads.

Should they therefore look on indifferently as things go from bad to worse?  In short, are we asking them to sit on the fence in the face of looming doom?

These men of God must speak out on issues because unlike the politicians who promise to build bridges where there are no rivers, when the men of God speak, we listen and obey.  

Desmond Tutu is an Anglican Bishop who joined forces to bring down Apartheid in South Africa.  In fact, among those candidates who vied for the position of president of South Africa after attaining independence, Desmond, as he is affectionately called by his admirers, threw his weight behind Madiba Nelson Mandela.

Until he retired, the man has been in the forefront of politics in South Africa, advising ministers and statesmen as to how to move South Africa forward.  No one in South Africa ever said that as a man of God he should not dabble in politics.  

If the dream of Reverend   Martin Luther King has come to pass in this twenty first century with Obama becoming the first black American President, it was because King used the pulpit to preach politics and Black Power for that matter.

Similarly, Reverend Jessy Jackson used his PUSH organization to do politics and even went further to stake his interest in one of the primaries organized by the Democrats in the United States of America.  Who says men of God do not do politics?  

The Lord Jesus Christ himself was a physician, a philosopher, a teacher, a preacher man and a politician par excellence.
That was the more reason why the Pharisees did not see eye to eye with him.  When at a point in time his political adversaries wanted to trap him, he was shown a coin bearing the logo of Caesar and asked whom they should pay tax to.

Answering the question, the Lord Jesus Christ told them to “give to Caesar what belonged to Caesar and to God what belonged to God”.  If He had been a writer, that simple statement would have been His Magnum Opus.

Please let Bakare be.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Kilode1: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
lastpage:

Now, ASK yourself: Did Jesus ever stand-up for elective office? Was his name EVER on the Ballot box?
Did prophet Jeremiah, despite his involvement in "Preaching the good news" to errant rulers EVER stand-up and put his name on a ballot box, and seek VOTES? NO!. Did he rule over some people, with their consent? NO!
SHOW ME ONE PERSON WHO EVER WAS GOD'S messenger, who was a Politician, IN THE VERY SENSE OF THAT DEFINITION.

There are hundreds of them, probably thousands, except you have your own personal definition of "God's messenger" and "politician"

I know many Nigerians consider themselves biblical scholars and co-authors of the Kings James Bible undecided  so I will leave biblical names like David, Samuel and co out. I'll stick with modern day pastor, sheperd, priest, and ordained ministers who are also politicians like:

Fernando Lugo, president of Paraguay.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4543645.ece

John Bani – President and head of state of Vanuatu from 25 March 1999, until 24 March 2004. Anglican priest.

Mike Huckabee – former governor of Arkansas and Baptist minister.(recently ran for US President)

Pat Robertson – Republican supporter, former United States presidential nomination candidate, and former Baptist pastor.

Thomas François Burgers – President of the South African Republic 1871–77 and pastor.

Makarios III – archbishop and primate of the autocephalous Cypriot Orthodox Church (1950–1977) and first President of the Republic of Cyprus (1960–1977).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarios_III <<-- example of a religious leader who walked his talk.

Robert P. Shuler – Prohibition Party candidate who received the highest vote in any election in U.S. history, Methodist pastor.

Anne McBride – Canadian politician ordained in the Assemblies of God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_pastors_in_politics

I'll just add that I'm very proud of Tunde Bakare and his decision to put his "money" where his mouth is. I know success has many friends, if they had won, the conversation here will be very different. At least he pursued what he believed in and has reportedly spoken about several times(according to those who like Oyinbo religion and listen to his sermons)

Given how much Nigerians rever and respect their pastors, If more Nigerian pastors can be that involved in fixing this country by speaking Truth to Power, if they can go beyond collecting tithes and offerings from their oppressed congregants. If more can stake their time and resources on specific political issues, maybe this country will be better than it currently is.

I'm proud of Tunde Bakare.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by elekiti1: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
u av all spoken well
but while we are all airing our views lets be careful
with our words, u all knw bakare will neva suport
violence no matter d case n moreover even if he has
sinned leave him to God not 4 u guyz to start saying
things that are absurd.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by wiseman2011(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2011
Our God does not revenge, the fire incident has no links with the fight or the post election crisis in the north.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by sirjec(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
I've learnt not to comment on any issue concerning a man of God. Touch not my anointed, says the Lord. The Lord that called his knows how to handle him. I go just siddon dey look
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Whitehorse: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^^

Correct talk. Please Bakare alone. Any issue is between him and God
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by lastpage: 12:22am On Apr 24, 2011
@Kilode
There are hundreds of them, probably thousands, except you have your own personal definition of "God's messenger" and "politician"
You dont need to wander afar to find the definition of  "a messenger of God" as used in the Bible! I even gave a few examples FROM THE BIBLE, in my former post.,.,, ,.as opposed to this your list of some  "20th century, modern-day, self proclaimed MOG " whose authority for the acquisition of that title, l can not honestly vouch for!

In case you miss it, go back to my Post and read again, the definition of "A Politician" and show me "one man" in The Bible, who fulfills that definition.

And again, the Bible did not ask us to wallow and die in ignorance but that we should "seek and search out the truth", so we can be free!
How can you then obey the Bible, in that context, if you cannot even ask QUESTIONS about issues that baffle you?

I am not for "insulting any Pastor" neither would l sanction the "gloating" over the misfortune of anyone, how much more Pastor Bakare! I do respect him a lot and my curiosity as to "What happened, that this has to happen", stems from my personal respect for him and his antecedents, over time. Asking "genuine questions" is an eternal right of any Christian or human for that matter. (if it was someone like Alao Akala that said these things, l'll probably hiss and pass it over! grin)
If you want to "Hero-worship" any Pastor, that is your choice and entitlement; feel free to close your eyes[/color] grin
Whats the story about being a joint author of the KJV? that was really funny l must say! cheesy

Thats aside, for now.

I cannot confirm this but anyone with access to the Punch Newspaper of this date can unearth it and verify the truth:

[Quote]“Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”
Pastor Tunde Bakare,  in the PUNCH of October 2, 2006.[/quote]

If these statements credited to Pastor Bakare are true and correct, a few questions still baffle me:
1.) By the spirit of God: When God says YES, so it will be. The spirit of God never deceives or say falsehood!

2.) This tall one: If the spirit of God has told Pastor Bakare earlier, that Buhari IS NOT PART OF THE NEW NIGERIA BUT THE DECAYING PART, why (and what) on earth would make Pastor Bakare to align with "this tall one"? WHY? he could have aligned with any other person (Say Ribadu, that was not mentioned by "the spirit of God", in that revelation). Why "this tall one" in particular?

3.)Was Pastor Bakare not aware that as a man of God, he cannot ignore revelations given to him by God? Is he not aware that those who ignored the word of God, as spoken by prophets like Isiah and Jeremiah, Samuel, e.t.c., paid dearly for it? While l will not stand and accuse him (because he must have his reasons and out of respect for him), he owes people like me (baby Christians) a lot of explanations as to what informed "his decision" to align with "this tall one". Why?

4.) On the other hand, if Pastor chose to "IGNORE" that revelation and align with "that tall one", was it a blatant act of disobedience to the spirit of God?
*Or Was it because he had  "prior knowledge" of whence come from, that prophecy, as not of the spirit of God?
5.) As someone who had built-up a very solid reputation for speaking out against Evil, in retrospect, what and how does he view the comments attributed to him, before the election? Does those comments edify God, Christ and all they stand for?
Did he, a man of God and Peace, a Doctorate degree holder, ask people who are generally prone to violence, to go to Polling stations with matches and Kerosine! (To vote or to burn?). What was he thinking for Christ's sake? I think the Devil mus be at work here shocked

6.) And why has he not come out to condemn the violence and commiserate with those who lost the fruit of their life's labor? (That is what a child whom you train to graduate level and release to serve your country, is, to the Parents!). Does he not feel for these unfortunate people or is it still about "Politics as usual"?
If "that tall one" feels no remorse and thinks the killings/violation/arson are justified, what about the man who has the spirit of God in him? Does the spirit tell him they are justified too?
There are loads of baffling questions surrounding these issues. many questions and NO ANSWERS,.,.,.,. yet! sad shocked cry

NIGERIA, WE HAIL THEE!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 1:52am On Apr 24, 2011
lastpage:

@Kilode You dont need to wander afar to find the definition of  "a messenger of God" as used in the Bible! I even gave a few examples FROM THE BIBLE, in my former post.,.,, ,.as opposed to this your list of some  "20th century, modern-day, self proclaimed MOG " whose authority for the acquisition of that title, l can not honestly vouch for!

In case you miss it, go back to my Post and read again, the definition of "A Politician" and show me "one man" in The Bible, who fulfills that definition.

And again, the Bible did not ask us to wallow and die in ignorance but that we should "seek and search out the truth", so we can be free!
How can you then obey the Bible, in that context, if you cannot even ask QUESTIONS about issues that baffle you?

I am not for "insulting any Pastor" neither would l sanction the "gloating" over the misfortune of anyone, how much more Pastor Bakare! I do respect him a lot and my curiosity as to "What happened, that this has to happen", stems from my personal respect for him and his antecedents, over time. Asking "genuine questions" is an eternal right of any Christian or human for that matter. (if it was someone like Alao Akala that said these things, l'll probably hiss and pass it over! grin)
If you want to "Hero-worship" any Pastor, that is your choice and entitlement; feel free to close your eyes[/color] grin
Whats the story about being a joint author of the KJV? that was really funny l must say! cheesy

Thats aside, for now.

I cannot confirm this but anyone with access to the Punch Newspaper of this date can unearth it and verify the truth:

If these statements credited to Pastor Bakare are true and correct, a few questions still baffle me:
1.) By the spirit of God: When God says YES, so it will be. The spirit of God never deceives or say falsehood!

2.) This tall one: If the spirit of God has told Pastor Bakare earlier, that Buhari IS NOT PART OF THE NEW NIGERIA BUT THE DECAYING PART, why (and what) on earth would make Pastor Bakare to align with "this tall one"? WHY? he could have aligned with any other person (Say Ribadu, that was not mentioned by "the spirit of God", in that revelation). Why "this tall one" in particular?

3.)Was Pastor Bakare not aware that as a man of God, he cannot ignore revelations given to him by God? Is he not aware that those who ignored the word of God, as spoken by prophets like Isiah and Jeremiah, Samuel, e.t.c., paid dearly for it? While l will not stand and accuse him (because he must have his reasons and out of respect for him), he owes people like me (baby Christians) a lot of explanations as to what informed "his decision" to align with "this tall one". Why?

4.) On the other hand, if Pastor chose to "IGNORE" that revelation and align with "that tall one", was it a blatant act of disobedience to the spirit of God?
*Or Was it because he had  "prior knowledge" of whence come from, that prophecy, as not of the spirit of God?
5.) As someone who had built-up a very solid reputation for speaking out against Evil, in retrospect, what and how does he view the comments attributed to him, before the election? Does those comments edify God, Christ and all they stand for?
Did he, a man of God and Peace, a Doctorate degree holder, ask people who are generally prone to violence, to go to Polling stations with matches and Kerosine! (To vote or to burn?). What was he thinking for Christ's sake? I think the Devil mus be at work here shocked

6.) And why has he not come out to condemn the violence and commiserate with those who lost the fruit of their life's labor? (That is what a child whom you train to graduate level and release to serve your country, is, to the Parents!). Does he not feel for these unfortunate people or is it still about "Politics as usual"?
If "that tall one" feels no remorse and thinks the killings/violation/arson are justified, what about the man who has the spirit of God in him? Does the spirit tell him they are justified too?
There are loads of baffling questions surrounding these issues. many questions and NO ANSWERS,.,.,.,. yet! sad shocked cry

NIGERIA, WE HAIL THEE!

If i could i would shake your hand. there are only 2 people in Nairaland i would gladly do so for. Sagamite, kobojunkie and now you. It is refreshing to know that people who can display logic still exist in this hard times. especially when in nigeria, where hunger has taken hold and amnesia plus other serious ailments are the result.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Kilode1: 5:07am On Apr 24, 2011
@lastpage,

You asked for messengers of God who were also politicians and I gave you enough examples, now you are dismissing them as 20th century Christians. Dude, be consistent. You did not start Christianity and you did not invent the words "politician" or "messengers of God".

I cannot provide you names you can "honestly vouch for" bro, Millions already vouched for some of those people. Except messengers of God are only those who are approved by lastpage undecided

You described a politician as
1.) Who is a POLITICIAN? S-I-M-P-L-E-S, as we say: Someone who stands for and vies for an ELECTIVE OFFICE, by putting his or her name on the Ballot. Politicians are not appointed, they are voted for! They are not civil servants also.
Please note: Politician derives from the word "POLITICS". So, a Politician practices politics, as a Profession.

That is an extremely narrow definition of a politician. There are politicians who never put their names on the ballot, but I still went with your definition and provided examples to fit your narrow definition. Maybe you need to read my post again, or did those pastor-politicians I listed shoot people to become presidents?

If you have no evidence to dismiss those pastors, priests as messengers of God, there is no need for me to go on with the conversation. I don't know who a REAL messenger of God is beyond what I can see and what they claim about themselves. We might have to ask God to be really sure.

BTW, I don't care too much about Bakare's religion, if he were worshipping Sango, I'd be more passionate. I simply came in to reply your challenge about "politicians" and "messengers of God" My point has already been made.

A politician or political leader (from Greek "polis"wink is an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, coup d'état, appointment, electoral fraud, conquest, right of inheritance (see also: divine right) or other means. Politics is not limited to governance through public office. Political offices may also be held in corporations, and other entities that are governed by self-defined political processes.

^^ that is a much broader definition of politician. But even within your narrower definition, those names I provided earlier fit perfectly.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by darknouiui: 7:02am On Apr 24, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2011
Bakare shlould have known better than go about those Northern states saying PDP haram during their campaign. He knows better but then he would have done wel,l a lot to win the election. He was exploiting those misguided elements fanaticism to garner votes although he couldnt have anticipated how bad this would turnout he still is responsible directly or indirectly because he is not a visitor to Nigeria or the Northern part of Nigeria for goodness sake the guy was contesting for no 2 and saying if CPC loses the North will go wild. Those hungry people read it as lynch and kill.

I am sorry his house got burnt and i am sure he will easily recover from his loss but alot of people lost their lives and the little they had and will never recover. A friend lost her hand when those mad men hacked her down. she is only alive today thanks to God.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2011
Why are people dragging this issue in six different directions at the same time!

There is nothing wrong with anyone even the priests standing up for election, or political post, etc.
What is actually worng is doing what it takes to hold power!

Have you wondered really why in the bible the Kings were different from the Priests and the Prophets. Samuel was way more rightous than David, why did God not ask him to annoint himself a  King over Isreal?

This is an issue entrenched in most of today's advanced democracies. The seperation of the Church and State. Let me not go far into the History of the Catholic Church to show you the effect of doing otherwise but you can always read up, try Bloody Queen Mary, or the controvercies of the infallability of the Pope and how it augurs with democracy. It has not become different for us just because we have home grown penticostal churches.

Some time in the 1980s a catholic priest got involved with in a revolution in South America, but fell out with Pope John Paul II when he started advocating Armed resistance.

It is not about getting involved in politics, but getting involved and doing some of the desperate things done with power, Like the famous Wild Wilde West from Bakere.

It is hard enough to be a religious leader, emulated and revered by follower, its as hard as passing a horse through the eye of a needle to be that religious leader, a Policitcal leader and still ignore the so called necessary evils that come with powers!

While I would encourge rightous minded people to go for power, I will refrain religious leaders, as religion has not stopped being an opium for the masses. If you want me to make it literal, go figure the number of christ embassy pastors who perm hair just to support Pastor Chris, not that I have something against it. But what if the issue war against cameroon, and Chris was our president, how rational and objective will his follower be about the issue.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by temmy74: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2011
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PPLE ARE STILL SAYING IS WRONG FOR BAKARE TO GOING POLITIC. IT IS THE RIGHT OF EVERY CITIZEN OF THE COUNTRY TO FILE FOR THE POST OF THE PRESIDENT OR VICE PRESIDENT OR ANY POLITICAL POWER IN NIGERIA. I THINK SOMETIMES WE SEE OUR PASTOR AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS AS GOD AND WE FIND IT DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND WHEN THINGS HAPPEN. WE ALL WERE SAYING WE WANT A CHANGE , COS PPLE RUNING US ARE BAD, AND WHEN HONOURABLE AND TRUTHFUL PPLE COME OUT WE TEND TO CONDEM THEM THAT IS NOT A POLITICIALS. SOME PPLE WERE SAYING THE RIOT IN NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA IS CAUSE BY BUHARI AND BAKARE. I DO NOT BELIEVE SO, THEY DID NOT ASKED THE PPLE TO START FIGHTING AND THEY ARE NOT THE PPLE IN POWER, WE SHOULD EXPECT THE STATE GOVERNOR OF THOSE STATE TO RESTORE PEACE IN THOSE STATE, BY INTRODUCTING CURFEW AND OTHER FORM. I AM NOT A POLITICIAL OR A MEMBER OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR MY NATIONAL.

ABOUT BAKARE HOUSE THAT GOT BURNT, WE SHOULDNT SAY IS REVENGE FROM GOD, ONLY GOD KNOW WHAT OTHERS DONT KNW. BUT I THINK THE MAN IS NOT A BAD MAN. I THINK HE HAS A GOOD INTENTION FOR THE COUNTRY.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Reference(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2011
There is no explicit for or against when it concerns ministers of God seeking for elected offices because the calling of God is dynamic. Biblical references are not sufficient to determine the course God may wish his ministers to take and may lead them by other means not to our privy. We also know the ways of God are past finding out so we cannot say conclusively that the political defeat is not part of a greater picture God is painting here.perhaps after all the carnage, deaths and losses something better may emerge.

My personal impression on this matter is simple. Any loss whatever is regretable and I mourn with him. Should he have gone into politics - no. My thinking is that if God wants to things he uses instruments that fit the task, e.g. a frying pan in the kitchen, a clipper in a barbers shop and a politician in politics. God raises men using His prophets. Pastor Bakare should raise godly men in or for politics. The farmer should raise chickens and not become the chicken himself. Remember 'I will make you fishers of men'. That is the prime calling of ministers. If he has not done so he is either failing or impatient.

Secondly, there is something called 'do not be unequally yoked'. Do not do anything that will cause you to believe or agree with the 'ways' of people who I don't know or cannot control. King Solomon tried it and a wisdom master fell flat. The violence after the elections proved he could not control the situation. How do you control your boss if in future tne General goes into overdrive and heads back to those days of human rights violations.

Thirdly, I'm sure this may startle many but the truth is that God has never promised to save countries but people. People get saved then their actions save their environments. God will not just wake up and make things good for those who even mock him so why will he waste his prized assets for that. As soon as Lot was out of Sodom the place was shut down. As long as there is hope for PEOPLE to change cities remain spiritually viable.

There are many more instances but I would just round up by saying this. God is no fool. If He was into politics knowing it is a game of numbers He would push the most powerful minister in the land probably with the largest, most dynamic and influential congregation or as with an unknown David He will cause some spectacular event (like the slaying of goliath) to unify people and pump their confidence towards a cause and certainly not someone who perhaps has done more to divide the Christian body with his well published utterances. This I'm afraid Desmond Tutu and Reverend Jackson and others were able to avoid but still could not 'get God's attention to put them in office'.

On a lighter note, after seeing what Reverend Jolly Nyame became, I'm certain God will be wary about sending His sheep among wolves again. Sympathies once more for all the losses on all sides of this unwanted divide.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Sarahluv(f): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2011
All said and done, God will replace what the fire has consumed many times over
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by netghost: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2011
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!! its about time,
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Jenifa1: 12:05am On Apr 25, 2011
nigerians never cease to amaze me.

Pastor Bakare's house got burnt down and it was God who did it.
maybe God killed the christian corpers in the north too?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by hlexzy: 4:48am On Apr 25, 2011
The Ondo State government at the weekend embarked on the evacuation of about four hundred of its indigenes that were stranded in the north following the violence that erupted in some states.

Out of the evacuees, 276 of were corps members serving the country under the National Youth Service Corps.

The first set of evacuees arrived Akure, the state capital yesterday and were subsequently transferred to their respective local governments and hometowns.

The Permanent Secretary in charge of emergency management, Kehinde Temikotan, said the state government could not close its eyes and allow indigenes of the state to be killed over political issues.

"Indigenes of the state residing in Kano, Katsina Kaduna and Borno states have been directed to converge on Bauchi for easy evacuation," he said.

According to him, some of those evacuated would be dropped at Abuja where some of them have their relatives, while others would be brought to Akure, the state capital.[/color][/color]
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by solajacobs(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2011
BACKare has always been a liar going by all his past predictions, he once said that obasanjo will not return to ota alive, he once said that world will end in 2000. He is a blood sucking demon who do not care about any human soul. The blood of I.K and other innocent people you killed with your inciting tongue will speak on your children in Jesus name.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by dearzi(f): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
I read some posts and my heart breaks. Has anyone taken time to read the posts on yahoo and see how vitriolic the comments are? I marvel at such language--hate, anger etc,
I come to NL and see the same thing. I choose not to take sides, but at the same time, can we be big and use our words to heal, build and encourage, as opposed to tearing, cursing and the likes!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by vislabraye(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
Its a pity. I'm not sure the cause of it, but if he suspects arson he should say so.

Whether he enters politics or not is a personal thing.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by lastpage: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
@Reference
On a lighter note, after seeing what Reverend Jolly Nyame became, I'm certain God will be wary about sending His sheep among wolves again

Every "good Tree", would bore "good fruits"!

We dont need to be clairvoyant to know the truth!
Just pay attention to the "fruit" they bear afterwards, and YOU WILL KNOW FROM WHENCE THEY COME FROM!
Satan their father!

Every Tom, D.ick and Harry now proclaims himself "Man of God"!
God is patient sha! angry
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nnamdiejik(m): 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
mr.cool please stop saying wt u dnt kw.if u like bakare is your bizness,stop mensioning my fathers name.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Ecash1: 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
You cannot separate politics neatly from religion, political values are derived from religious and personal values, Although that does not make any religious man political and every politician religious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Bombs Explode In Maiduguri / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen / Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.