Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire (13393 Views)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2011
people in  every "contest" there is a referee that takes no side. His duty his to see things the way they are and call for changes if need be. Imagine in a "contest" where the "refer" becomes part of the competition the risk is that the refer will always see things from the side of his team no matter how honest he tries to be. It is simple human psychology. I strongly believe that is the reason ordained men should not affiliate themselves with any political party. They should be critics and spell out things the way they are without being bias.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by johnie: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2011
Please pardon the typos in my post. I am posting from a phone so I have limited functionality.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by hlexzy: 8:20am On Apr 23, 2011
prince0:

Stv just read it as news, cause of inferno yet unknown.
Maybe his children are doing some weedy weedo that consumes more paper than anticipated, gimme the lighter, lighter lighter grin grin grin Astagafurilai
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by opylums: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2011
I have read all your comments. I normally don't comment on this website but I would make an exception.

Obviously there are different categories of people in this section:

* Those who believe it serves him right.
* Those who believe otherwise.
* Those with the skill of quoting Bible verses to prove their point.
* Those who are actual Christians.

This is my opinion. Except you are the person who intentionally went to start the wire, it is too early to say the cause of the fire.
When issues have to do with Almighty God, I advice people should pass their opinion and not comment on HIS behalf. GOD is the only one who never uses a press conference to pass across a message (lol).

I would have you act as Matured intellectuals which you all are and not like emotion driven people when you pass comments on matters.
There is a thorough difference between being a spectator and being the footballer on the field of play. Though it is the same match but there will be different view points.

As to the issue of not engaging in politics, there will always be different view points on that. I would advice you handle with care.It will be a pity if you cannot make heaven simply because of your choice of words. The instruction of God is simple: Touch Not Mine annointed, Do my Prophet no harm. What if you call him false,perverse,lying,etc yet God sees him otherwise, What a laughable sight it will be if you get to Heaven only to be told you cant come in just cause of the words you uttered about another man,then you realize the man is Tunde Bakare,

You advice him about his choice of words, I advise you same. On a lighter note,this is Easter, Remember the thief on the cross, who would believe that after all he had done, after his crimes,God would grant him access to heaven yet some of those who stoned him,caught him and crucified him still went to hell.

Only God can decided who is HIS and who is Not. Simply put, leave this matter alone. Pray for the good of our country, work towards uniting the divide and not further dividing the divide. Don't comment on the fire, act matured, rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. This is a period of Easter and forgiveness. Do the things I said above because of GOD and not because of man/him.

I pray you all prosper in your ways and I pray that you dont ever have to experience any evil replica in your life. Take care guys, I wish you all the best.

This is my first and last comment on this issue.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by derecho(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2011
@cold,'who are you to judge another man's servant'.Leave the 'Men of con' alone.Personally,i see the hands of CPC strategists here,perhaps without Pst.Bakare knowing.Afterall they claim Buhari was affected in the violence.Letz w8 and see their response.For those praising Pst.Bakare,i suggest you pray for him,

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by treasureli: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by tosinaded(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2011
The uneducated, unemployed and uncivilized Youths in the north, av been killing and wrecking havoc before this election! And they will continue after the election in years to come. . Before cpc, there has been violence and murder, after cpc, it will continues. . .
Until a permanent solution is found!
Those people look 4 any excuse to kill, buhari's loss is just another one for them.
He didnt ask nobody to kill. . .
The other time, a pic of mohammed was used in a cartoon outside naija and people in the northern nigeria started their havoc. . Was tha the fault of cpc?
Before the civil war, when ibos were slaughtered like chickens, was dat cpc also?
The crisis in jos that has refused to end, it also cpc?
The boko haram in borno dat almost cost my life was caused by the lamest and dumbest of reasons! "WESTERN EDUCATION IS SIN" i mean isnt that enuf to show that these peeps are set of retarded people who av been neglected, uncared for, uneducated, uncivilized. . . U need to live in the north, and study how they reason!

Blame buhari and bakare 4 this and u re a coward! I wonder who u will blame for the next crisis in the north, when there is no cpc to push the blame on. . . .

Our govt has failed us, a govt that cant find lasting solution to the ever re-occurent nothern mayhem.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Drlumi: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2011
EzeUche__:

Remember what happened to the False Prophets of Baal.

I am well versed in the Bible among other things.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-BUxDHyz2HKM/TZtHlvt10pI/AAAAAAAAHCw/N9KQ2-iUo4w/s1600/1%252520Kings%25252018%252520Elijah-Mt%252520Carmel%252520Fire.jpg[/img]

A supposed man of God should not enter politics. Is he not suppose to be shepherds of men who are leading his flock to Christ? Why should he join politics?

My conclusion is that you are not versed in the Bible at all. Looking at it from the angle of logic, why should you blame the Akalas, IBBs and Abachas if good men are not allowed to contest?

Coming back to the scriptures, do you know the meaning of "Be fruitful, multiply and SUBDUE the earth"? Do you know the real meaning of the statement: "thy kingdom come, thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven". Who will do God's will? Abacha or IBB? Do you think God was making a mistake when he said the Israelites had rejected him by even asking for a king (because God preferred that they be ruled by prophets)? Do you even know that the implication of having the Holy Spirit is that everyone is that every Christian is meant to be a "Man of God"? Would you then say that no Christian should be involved in government?

Have you heard at all about Rev. Martin Luther King (Jnr)? Did anyone tell you he was also a pastor?

Church is not all about conducting weddings, burials and thanksgiving services for dismissed governors and politician-ex-convicts. It's also about taking a stand, fighting injustice and "showing your faith by your works". The solution to Nigeria's problem is not just prayer and fasting. It is Men of God bringing the kingdom of God to human beings through practical exemplary leadership. In the days of Jesus, there were no presidents. There were only kings (who were appointed mainly based on lineage) or Roman dictators so if you say Jesus was not involved in politics you are getting it wrong. Besides, do you honestly expect him to spend 9 months campaigning for votes when he had only 3 ministerial years? Why not use examples like David, the man after God's heart who was a king and also a "Pastor"? Or Joshua, Moses. . ,
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Drlumi: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2011
tosinaded@:

The uneducated, unemployed and uncivilized Youths in the north, av been killing and wrecking havoc before this election! And they will continue after the election in years to come. . Before cpc, there has been violence and murder, after cpc, it will continues. . .
Until a permanent solution is found!
Those people look 4 any excuse to kill, buhari's loss is just another one for them.
He didnt ask nobody to kill. . .
The other time, a pic of mohammed was used in a cartoon outside naija and people in the northern nigeria started their havoc. . Was tha the fault of cpc?
Before the civil war, when ibos were slaughtered like chickens, was dat cpc also?
The crisis in jos that has refused to end, it also cpc?
The boko haram in borno dat almost cost my life was caused by the lamest and dumbest of reasons! "WESTERN EDUCATION IS SIN" i mean isnt that enuf to show that these peeps are set of not-so-smart people who av been neglected, uncared for, uneducated, uncivilized. . . U need to live in the north, and study how they reason!

Blame buhari and bakare 4 this and u re a coward! I wonder who u will blame for the next crisis in the north, when there is no cpc to push the blame on. . . .

Our govt has failed us, a govt that cant find lasting solution to the ever re-occurent nothern mayhem.

I wonder o.
treasureli:

@ all posters, the link below makes an interesting read

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/pastor-tunde-bakares-disobedience-to-god.html

enjoy

Actually, the article is one of the dumbest I ever read. It is not even scripturally sound (even though so many scriptures are quoted). It sounds like Job's friends telling him he had sinned against God because he had problems. For God's sake, you are not a sinner because things did not work out as planned!

Besides, I thought that God was the one to determine disobedience and unless that man claimed to have been writing by the Spirit of God, he is meddling in affairs that are above him.

Remember Moses. Going by the obvious facts, he had sinned against God by marrying a foreign woman (something God had condemned through laws that he- Moses- gave). Yet, when Aaron and Miriam complained on God's behalf, God was so annoyed that he even struck Miriam with leprosy and told them to go and apologize to Moses. So simply put, the writer should shut up. If Bakare has truly been disobedient, let him sort that out with God. By writing the article, what has he achieved? Has he proclaimed the name of Jesus more or rather condemned on of His own?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by efisher(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2011
Evil is evil, no matter who it affects. The fire is unfortunate and I strongly believe it is not a coincidence. God help him.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Blazay(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2011
Even the so-called annionted can be 'torched' too?
Like Jesu Christy, like Bakare. grin

Mu he he he he

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrect "sacri-fy"!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2011
bakare preached violence and advocated for violence in his campaigns!!!! his house getting burnt is just the beginning, he has innocent blood on his hands, i am very sure he is shocked beyond his imagination at all this, he should prepare for more, especially shoes that are going to be thrown at him, i have bought a rubber shoe already.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Sarahluv(f): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2011
Blazay:

Even the so-called annionted can be 'torched' too?
Like Jesu Christ, like Bakare. grin

Mu he he he he

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrect "sacri-fy"!

You should not ridicule the religion of others. I'm sure you would instantly get on the defensive if the same was done to you.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Blazay(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2011
Sarahluv:

You should not ridicule the religion of others. I'm sure you would instantly get on the defensive if the same was done to you.

Hmmmmm!
Thank you!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by kokogee: 10:43am On Apr 23, 2011
df2006:

bakare preached violence and advocated for violence in his campaigns!!!! his house getting burnt is just the beginning, he has innocent blood on his hands, i am very sure he is shocked beyond his imagination at all this, he should prepare for more, especially shoes that are going to be thrown at him, i have bought a rubber shoe already.

The way Nigerians think is the major reason the country is so backward. I don't know how sb bcms a condemn one bcs he preached that ppl should resist gov short changing us(citizens).

I believe sm ppl secretly set his house on fire as a punishment for contesting alongside Buhari. No one should judge anybody especially if the person is not physically involved in the destruction of lives and properties. Let investigations be concluded and culprits brought to justice b4 u start throwing slippers at ppl; an act that is violence in itself.

I know that whatever they suffer would be sacrifices for the country. Awolowo scrificed for Nigeria and he cried for the country for betraying his effort.

GOD HELP NIGERIA!!!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by manugbo(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2011
THE PROBLEM IN THE NORTH ARE CAUSED BY THEIR LEADERS.

FUNDS ALLOCATED TO THAT IS REGION IS BEING MISMANAGED BY THEIR LEADERS.

INSTEAD OF THEM TO USE THE FUND TO TRAIN THEIR YOUTHS IN VOCATIONAL SKILLS, THEY WOULD RATHER USE IT TO MARRY 150 WIVES, OF WHICH MOST OF THEM ARE UNDER AGED YOUNG GIRLS. CONSEQUENTLY THEY END UP GIVING BIRTH TO MILLIONS OF CHILDREN WHICH THEY CANNOT CARTER FOR .
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Arcadia(f): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2011
@kdular. I'm not attacking their personalities. True they're well-meaning and respectable people. But i'l still say NOTHING GOOD can come out of this world because it's lying in the power of satan!(1 John 5:19) so dabbling in world politics isn't for those professing to be christians.
@uhonmoro. Ok i apologise for my choice of words.
@ogbori. Yes leadership reins should be taken by decent people. The people of Jesus' day also shared your view when they attempted to seize him and make him king. WHAT WAS HIS RESPONSE? Nada. He has set a model for us to follow his steps CLOSELY. So follow the Leader. Yes God appointed politicians in Bible times and wars were fought. He did d appointing in a nation he choose as his special people. The ISRAELITES. Christ came and preached peace.Neutrality.
@kobojunkie.Dt u dont see where david was mentioned doesn't mean he wasnt mentioned. Start using your eyes pls. I CAN READ. I'M AN ADULT. JESUS WAS NEUTRAL. Paul WAS a politician. Past tense baby. U go and read the gospel accounts properly. And use your physical eyes this time, then your mind's eyes. I'M CLOSER TO CHRISTIANITY THAN YOU WOULD EVER DREAM OF. And i'm not ignorant pls. Thank you.
@eeguru. No mind her jare. Tell them as it take be. VERY GOOD WRITE-UP. Are you a JW?
@woodcook. True talk.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Sarahluv(f): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2011
Blazay:

Hmmmmm!
Thank you!

Hmmmmm! You are welcome.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by gokuu(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2011
Bakare rejected Goodluck and now badluck is all over him! This is just the beginning, watch out for pt.2
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2011
@kobojunkie. . . . . I was never in support of bakare contesting this election, especially as a running mate to buhari. I believe he should have known better. Politics is a very dirty game especially in Nigeria where there are no rules. To succeed he would have had to decend to the same depraved level as those criminals in PDP and other parties. This is the main reason you and i were at drawn swords (toungues in this case) at one time. His credibility has been shot to hell. Like i said, he should have known better.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by favouredjb(f): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2011
I sympathise with him on d loss of his property,even though m disappointed he joined politics,not
just joining politics,but teaming with the wrong person.

i believe this incidence is not a mere coincidence,i smell a rat,
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by soloqy: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2011
kokogee:

The way Nigerians think is the major reason the country is so backward. I don't know how sb bcms a condemn one bcs he preached that ppl should resist gov short changing us(citizens).

I believe sm ppl secretly set his house on fire as a punishment for contesting alongside Buhari. No one should judge anybody especially if the person is not physically involved in the destruction of lives and properties. Let investigations be concluded and culprits brought to justice b4 u start throwing slippers at ppl; an act that is violence in itself.

I know that whatever they suffer would be sacrifices for the country. Awolowo scrificed for Nigeria and he cried for the country for betraying his effort.

GOD HELP NIGERIA!!!

During the NN24 VP debate, Bakare did say that the CPC supporters would go to the polls with match box in one hand and Kerosene on the other hand.

Buhari, the wicked despot also asked his supporters to lynch anyone rigging the elections. All he had to do was go to the public and claim the election was rigged to send the message across and set off the carnage.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Sarahluv(f): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
My condolences go out to Pastor Bakare. Sad stuff.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by brosd2: 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
What a pity!
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by kokogee: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2011
soloqy:

During the NN24 VP debate, Bakare did say that the CPC supporters would go to the polls with match box in one hand and Kerosene on the other hand.

Buhari, the wicked despot also asked his supporters to lynch anyone rigging the elections. All he had to do was go to the public and claim the election was rigged to send the message across and set off the carnage.

Ppl should stop being myopic about serious national issues like this. I watched the same debate that u're talking about. Bakare said Nigerians needed to defend their votes; may be by using an already tested method of puting petrol in one hand and matches on the other. This Mallam Shekarau confirmed that he benefited from such to become governor in 2007, Shekarau said the method scared PDP riggers away so he won. But u need to note that during the last elections, nobody carries petrol and matches to poolling booth.

Again, what Buhari said was vote and defend your vote by staying with them till votes are counted.

The only person as shown by channels saying election riggers should be lynched is the governor of Edo, Adams Oshiomole.

I wonder how ppl misinterpret/misquote ppl just to indict the person. Majority of ppl saying Buhari said this and that are saying so with their source as hear say.

MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL OF US FOR CALLING DOG A BAD NAME IN ORDER TO HANG IT.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by hbrednic: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
whATEVER a man soweth in dis world
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by proproman(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
I've decided to keep silent here on Nairaland since the elections began, hoping that after the presidential elections, all the hullabaloo would come to an end and people would stop trading insults over presidential candidates but alas, its not so. Its a real pity that the trend has continued with no signs of a let up and its really troubling to the mind.

I dont know why Beaf and PapaBrowne and their cohorts just can't let things be. GEJ has won, Buhari didn't, why not just let Buhari and Bakare be? Why continually hound them, especially as they've decided to kepp a low profile since the announcement of the results of the elections instead of making a media racket like so many others would have. If they can show me a video or an audio clip of Bakare inciting people to violence, then i would back down and keep quiet. Why jubilate over someone else's misfortune just because they don't like the person? It is obvious now that their dogged criticism and mud slinging of BB was not because they didn't think they're competent or that GEJ was actually a better person but because they just don't like the Buhari and Bakare. If that wasn't the case, then i'm sure all the insults and everything would have ended after the announcement of the election results.

Supposing it was maybe GEJ's house that went up in flames, i'm sure the anti BB train would show up with its "Buhari at his evil scheme" mantra. Now its Bakare's house that's burnt and its justice. The way you guys sing discordant tunes with different ends of the same mouth is amusing and annoying. Whatever is not good is not good, regardless of whom it happens to. And I can't see how Bakare is deserving of such misfortunes. Beaf, you are one ungrateful mofo. This same Bakare and his SNG campaigned, rallied and marched in the streets for justice to prevail, for your much beloved Jona to be sworn in as acting president because the presidency abhors a vacuum. So this is his reward for doing what many other Nigerians, what you, Beaf, you PapaBrowne, and all of you castigating Bakare here couldn't do. But am I surprised? On the internet we are all warriors and champions. On ground what are we? Everyone of us human beings has done something wrong to someone else at one point in time or another. Does that mean we are deserving of every misfortune that comes our way, that anything bad that happens to us is a good thing? And again, i reitirate that i can't see what Bakare has done wrong to deserve, not just his house being burnt but this mud being slung at him by certain Nairalanders.

As regards pastors and clergy being in politics, well it is simply silly to dissociate religion and politics completely. Have you ever seen a state (as in a country or nation) where there's a disharmony between the religion of the people and its government existing without conflict? Is Bakare eligible to contest a position in the land or not. Stop deceiving yourselves that clergy shouldn't be in government, if they should not, who should? Should we leave politics to the Akalas, the Daniels, the OBJs, the IBBs and the Abachas? Tell me how you expect Nigeria to be any better if government is left to these people. Yes, clergy should act like Christ but in attitude and behaviour not in ambition. Jesus had a direct mission on earth, a mission he knew the end of before he started. If Jesus had gone into politics, would he have been crucified? Would he have been seen as the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world? Even if he had gone into politics and still ended up dead, he would have just been considered a crusader and nothing more. That said, matthew, a tax collector, was one of Jesus' disciples. Jesus went to dine with Zacchaeus and important member of the society in his time, Jesus condemned the Pharisees who were both religious and pseudo political leaders in his time. SO Jesus was no stranger to politics.

Y'know, you get what you give in good measure. If you feel that castigating Bakare and hoping bad things happen to him is right and deserving, give it in good measure. So when someone rejoices at your misfortune, you'll have no qualms about it.

Its about time the anti BB train gave up its dogged crusade. You guys have won, what more d'you want? There's something called grace in victory, something Beaf, PapaBrowne and their ilk completely lack.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by Limaoscar: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2011
You guys should stop being hypocrites
Pastor Bakare has integrity more than many World known pastors/imams put together. He would never have sanctioned violence.
The only 'but' in is CV is his acceptance to run as the VP candidate with Buhari thereby going against his own vision when he said neither Babagida, Atiku, Obj and Buhari were part of the new Nigeria.
I'm sure you folks doesn't have short memories of events in this country in the last one year or thereabout.
Bakare was a member of the SNG that ensured Gej was installed as the Acting president when Turai Yar adua was leading this country in disguise from Saudi Arabia. They also led a campaign of one man one vote which made Gej offered the group $50,000 for transport back to Lagos from ABJ.
when Yar adua returned from saudi The chief Imam of Abuja Mosque went to visit Yar adua along with other islamic clerics and said Yar adua was well after collecting $$$$$ from Turai.
Some Top rated Pastors like Bishop Oyedepo, CAN president etc also went to visit Yar adua After collecting $$$$$. Pastor bakare was consulted but refused to be an accomplice telling the host that he wouldn't call black white on Yar adua and therefore opted out of the visit.

He has never involved himself in any dirty dealings with any one any where in Nigeria.
I repeat the only but in his CV is joining active politics which im sure came out of his passion for a better Nigeria.
He wouldn't have sanctioned violence as a man of God. The inferno is just an accident and not nemesis 

That right there in bold is a big fat Stinky BUT that your Bakare will have to deal with for the rest of His earthly life. All other ramblings of yours can now be excused. BTW since you pride yourself to be a very knowledgeable person, when exactly does Nemesis kick-in?
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by lastpage: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2011
Like any other person, I will sympathize with "them", when they have a "misfortune", be it Goodluck GEJ or Pastor Bakare.
On that note, l thank God no life was lost in the blaze.

I will not make pronouncement on what l dont have facts about but l would rather ASK QUESTIONS and wait for the ANSWERS.

1.) Who is a POLITICIAN? S-I-M-P-L-E-S, as we say: Someone who stands for and vies for an ELECTIVE OFFICE, by putting his or her name on the Ballot. Politicians are not appointed, they are voted for! They are not civil servants also.
Please note: Politician derives from the word "POLITICS". So, a Politician practices politics, as a Profession.

Now, ASK yourself: Did Jesus ever stand-up for elective office? Was his name EVER on the Ballot box?
Did prophet Jeremiah, despite his involvement in "Preaching the good news" to errant rulers EVER stand-up and put his name on a ballot box, and seek VOTES? NO!. Did he rule over some people, with their consent? NO!
SHOW ME ONE PERSON WHO EVER WAS GOD'S messenger, who was a Politician, IN THE VERY SENSE OF THAT DEFINITION.

This is where the confusion and arguments stems from!

Apostle Paul was a LAWYER, by Profession before he became a christian. HE was like the DPP, prosecuting on behalf of government but HE WAS NOT A POLITICIAN. He never put his name up on a ballot box, hoping to be voted-in for a POST.
Please take special attention of the words : POLITICS, VOTE, BALLOT BOX, ELECTION AND POLITICIAN, as they relate to one another

Like someone pointed out, Jesus could have "contested" against Julius Caesar or Pontius Pillate, he could have become a Politician (He urged us to pay tax as a responsible citizen though) but he declined that offer by saying he does not seek to rule over the current system of government and people.

Now, is it a crime for Christians to be involved in Politics (Just because Jesus never did)? I dont have a definite answer to that, yet. Not everything that is "undesirable" is a crime, though.

Now: *
Did Pastor Bakare "utter those words" credited to him? (Go to Polling station with Kerosine, an inflammable liquid used for fire, and Matches)? You be the judge.
*Did Pastor Bakare utter the Phrase "Wild, Wild North" (in reference to the Wild-Wild West Politics of the 60's when a lot of carnage was done in Western Nigeria through burning, also called "Wet-it era", as in "wet the house with petrol and burn it"wink? You be the Judge
*Does such utterances serve as incitement to "violent -prone", Northern Almajeris? You be the judge!
*Does he, as a well respected Pastor of the children of Christ, Have to say such things (if he said them)? You be the Judge!
*Did Pastor Bakare tell us , a few weeks back, that God told him that "That long one" (referring to Gen Buhari), and some others have no business with the future of this country? You be the judge.
*Do you think God lies or his words can be swallowed and reversed? You be the judge
*Now, coming out as the running-mate of the same person he has "prophesied against", is a somersault by WHOM? God or Pastor Bakare? You be the judge

I can go on and on but let us reflect on these few questions.

Having said that, NO CHRISTIAN MUST REJOICE OVER THE CALAMITY OF OTHERS! I did not say so, The Bible said so
I know emotions are still running very high over what happened in Kaduna and some Northern parts of the country;
I know a lot of families are still grieving their loss and may never recover til they die, l pray God will have mercy and show them favor as from now on. He will recompense them as he has done to Job, after he lost everything.
Let us remain sober, at all times, please.

Lastpage.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by bidemi12(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2011
Quote from LASTPAGE

"Now, ASK yourself: Did Jesus ever stand-up for elective office? Was his name EVER on the Ballot box?
Did prophet Jeremiah, despite his involvement in "Preaching the good news" to errant rulers EVER stand-up and put his name on a ballot box, and seek VOTES? NO!. Did he rule over some people, with their consent? NO!
[b]SHOW ME ONE PERSON WHO EVER WAS GOD'S messenger, who was a Politician, IN THE VERY SENSE OF THAT DEFINITION.[/b]"

Perfect Quote. . . . . I too like this guy or girl as the case may be.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by toks2009: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2011
There was nothing bad in Bakare opting for VP alongside Buhari and i'm very sure he did that due to the passion he had for a change in Nigeria.

But unfortunately,things turned out this way and i know he will be regretting right now,not because CPC lost but the crazy aftermath of the election.

I know Bakare, he is a man of integrity,there was nothing and i mean absolutely nothing wrong running for a political seat.

And for the ignorants, please understand that GOD has a hand in politics,he installs kings and for your information, Christ is coming back to rule the whole world for a thousand years and please i don't want any arguement to come out of this statement,this is what the book of revelations made me believe and if your religion or doctrine does not support this,i quite understand.

So please,there was no sin in Bakare opting for politics but as i wrote,he will be very sober for the post election killings and destructive acts in the north.

Abeg let him be.
Re: Breaking News: Pst. Bakare's House On Fire by deadie(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
Speak yee not evil, the fire is of the Lord grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? / APC Committee On Restructuring Holds First Meeting (PHOTOS) / Yusuf Bichi: Politicians Trust Babalawos More Than Security Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.