Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? (34156 Views)

Which Network Is The Most Cost-effective For Data In Nigeria? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Cost Of 1Gb Of Data In Every Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by LordDarius(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where?

In Nigeria, 1.5gb can be gotten for 300 naira for 7days. That is about 0.7 cents.

TRUE
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Both in Nigeria and abroad there is no unlimited, this is how they do it, the company calculates the average data usage and then set the threshold, the thing is most people don't reach their threshold.

Sometimes threshold can be as high 2tb per month but you won't noticed it because you aren't a heavy user.

Ok. It's better than Naija. £20 for unlimited data. And I used it to work from home for 2months without a day of glitch. our smart TV is on nearly through out the day and has never had to buffered for the past 18months, when there is an issue we get prewarned and apologized to in advance. So I careless if they dropped the speed, as whatever new speed is enough to get me through my job and my family can enjoy their devices. I was told it's truly unlimited before getting the contract by the company and they kept to their word

I payed more for smile in Nigeria, and after one week I can't use it, during this time I was even using less data than I use now. So no basis for comparison.

Well done for your research though. It however doesn't help Nigeria move forward, and does not define things as they are.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Curious345: 8:42am On May 05, 2021
awulio:
USA $50 gives me unlimited data and unlimited free calls in the the USA.....Wifi $40 1TB ....Whole family normally uses 900GB per month. Yes everything in the home is connected to internet. We mostly stream stuff
o haven't used 900gb in the last 5 years ..and here you are using 900gb monthly ?

Wawuuuu
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by mightiersa: 8:48am On May 05, 2021
1,299 pesos (12,730 naira) for 600GB of home wifi of 25MBPS speed in one month duration.

Live from Manila, Philippines.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Fvckyouall: 8:50am On May 05, 2021
Tremple8v:
I live in Lagoa - Nigeria . I pay 1500 naira for 6gig weekly . That's 24gig per month for just 6k . Thank you .

I use my 5k for 40gb for a month

dial *121# to sub for it
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Messia: 8:50am On May 05, 2021
London
02 UK Unlimited Calls and Sms £20 hardly even use it this days as I am home or in school with internet.
Vodafone BroadBand Unlimited Data £25 whole family consumption
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Babaibeji2020(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2021
Roddwave:

Na joke i dey joke i no mean am
Thank God ooo. I been dey find something to stone u grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by uuzba(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2021
grossintel:
Those are special offers and don't work in every line. You guys should stop making it sound like it's a standard data package, even after a few months it will stop working on your line.
Airtel and Glo have their official N1500 for 6.5 or 7 Gb weekly plan.
And some N50, N100 1 Gb plans.
That sees to be the best combo so far.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by jimzy4u(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2021
I pay 7.5€ for 30GB of data, unlimited national calls and sms. At home, unlimited data for 22€.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 05, 2021
uuzba:

Airtel and Glo have their official N1500 for 6.5 or 7 Gb weekly plan.
And some N50, N100 1 Gb plans.
That sees to be the best combo so far.
No! It's a special offer, I use the Glob7gb for a week plan and the Glo customer rep who told me about it said it's a special offer and it can end at anytime so I shouldn't expect to use it for long.

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sonofthunder: 9:02am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where?

In Nigeria, 1.5gb can be gotten for 300 naira for 7days. That is about 0.7 cents.

You mean 70cents right.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by morinto: 9:03am On May 05, 2021
Tremple8v:
I live in Lagoa - Nigeria . I pay 1500 naira for 6gig weekly . That's 24gig per month for just 6k . Thank you .
Why wasting that money when u can use 5000 naira to recharge 40 gig WITH mtn for a month
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nightowl1171: 9:06am On May 05, 2021
Where I live I pay equivalent to 3,400 naira monthly for 50Gig. It's always impossible for me to finish it and I get rollover.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by princetom1(m): 9:06am On May 05, 2021
PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.

Like someone said, if you compared it to how much u earn as a worker in Nigeria, then it's very high, too high sef, when u consider the networks are shitty also

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by drealcivilceno(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where?

Come, no spoil business oooh. MTN dey help people on a low make oda ISP no know.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by drealcivilceno(m): 9:10am On May 05, 2021
post=101393045:
Out of the 30 comments on this Frontpage, it was only 7 people that gave the OP the answer he was seeking, while 80% of posters were just typing jargons and eating up space instead of to chill out and let us learn and compare prices in our darling nation with oversea countries out there.

In foreign forum, you will see members chilling out without commenting to learn something that will impact them for life.
Dis our Nairaland sometimes sef.

Better person, this is how it's supposed to be.
We wait and let people that are out there comment.
Simple!

Thank you jare.
Is that in USA dollars or Zimbabwe dolls?

What was the duration given for the 200Gb?

That's kool.
That is around twenty thousand naira monthly. Kool.

#34,000!
Wawu!
As long as you get the services you pay for, no complains sha.

Which country is that sir? (ZAR!)

[/b]With all we are reading from obodo oyibo people,
You've said it all.
[b]END OF THREAD!!!

Dear Chidi,
The answer to your question lies in the image below.
You are welcome.

Oga... You dey forget say we have to work 500x to make it to that amount right?
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Depressed101: 9:11am On May 05, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
California, USA..
Roughly 40 USD per month.
Unlimited..
is it truly unlimited?
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Depressed101: 9:11am On May 05, 2021
bodejohn:
Broadband through coax or fiber optic cable is between $40 and $80 depending on if you bundle cable streaming service.

Mobile data is around $10/GB
hell costly.. Where is this
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by 99thEnemy(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2021
styless:
angry

BobJoy dey vex grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by benson81(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
California, USA..
Roughly 40 USD per month.
Unlimited..
That's close to 20k in naira a month.But I guess it's worth it since it's unlimited.and I believe the service will not be shitty like the network providers in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Depressed101: 9:12am On May 05, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Country-China
Network-中国移动
Price-100rmb (5000+ naira)
Package- Unlimited
Duration- 1month
Cheap

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:17am On May 05, 2021
SweetCunt97:
No naw. I'm strong o, can cook, clean, wash, bleep, work. Everything o check ghan

Lol oya pack ur bags nd come. I sure need a good company
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by pseudonomer: 9:21am On May 05, 2021
In Germany, it’s €30 Monthly. Unlimited, very fast.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Killermamba: 9:23am On May 05, 2021
20,000 monthly for unlimited here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by MoIbrahim: 9:23am On May 05, 2021
Roddwave:

Kindly go back and add joke at the bottom of your comment to avoid misleading people

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 9:24am On May 05, 2021
Boomboost:
I was on Telegram in a Japanese channel and there were multiple video uploads of 1gb+ and I was not happy to be so data limited.

So, what's the cost of data in the country you currently reside in and have there been changes in prices, what complaints do you have concerning data and compare with Nigeria.

Free WiFi
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by samsanyus(m): 9:26am On May 05, 2021
Country-UAE
Network- Etisalat, Home WiFI Download speed 250Mbps, 4K TV box, Wi-Fi router & Home phone Free Calls to UAE landlines, OnDemand movies & regional TV add-ons
Price- AED 408.25 (N40,000 +)
Package- Unlimited
Duration- 1month
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Localordinary: 9:27am On May 05, 2021
10GB for 40 Ghana cedis=2800 naira. Unlimited
Accra Ghana.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by twosquare(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2021
sunshineV:
here in lagos, it's 1500 for 1GB per 3days
Whereas you can go for N1500/6GB (7 days-weekly data).
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by MoIbrahim: 9:28am On May 05, 2021
Roddwave:

Kindly go back and add joke at the bottom of your comment to avoid misleading people. It's important that you are not quoted.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Ayodele92: 9:31am On May 05, 2021
250 rupees (1,250 naira) for 45GB per month
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Maxwell08: 9:39am On May 05, 2021
Tremple8v:
I get 24gb for 3500 per month.. MTN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.